The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Campers

BlutAdler

I just don't understand why it's a problem. If I am able to sit at the end of a hallway and kill things before they get to me why is it a problem? I'm just playing in the most efficient way is all.

The problem is, DE wants you to have "fun". This means you have to be mentally present or you die, while doing the same mission 278346 times to get the part from rotation C you need.

Can people stop getting on the bandwagon of hating on survival camping because they think they appear "cooler" to constantly nag about it? It is SURVIVAL, you survive by camping. It is a strategy. DE will change something in retaliation, a new strategy will be developed. If the change is ridiculous, the community will give their feedback (or revolt whichever).

Until every frame gets LoS and campers start crying that they cannot "play" the game anymore.

Majority of the people that cried about Radial Javelin LoS were Draco campers. Talk about shortsighted "not so bright" players.

There once was a time in warfare where people would line up directly across from one anohter and exchange blows. Be it with rocks, spears, sword, arrows or guns.  It was the honorable thing to do to confront your enemy face to face.

Then someone said; "Hey, this is stupid! If I hide behind this rock/tree it's harder for them to get to me."

That is the basic idea behind "Camping". Why expose yourself to unnecessary risks? Sure you can run around and accomplish the same thing if you are "skilled"(Debatable)...but why risk it? Because if you don't your E-penis will shrink? No, it boils down to the smarter options available...that's all. Not that people are "Lazy".

Play the way you want...

Edited by (XB1)AnyOLName

As i remember same person started topic : guy suggested me 5 pl for akbronco link and then answered to him GTFO/STFU (i dont remember actually) and was reported for this and everyone who disliked him(100% tennos) called trolls .

And this whole topic about :

BlutAdler, on 30 Mar 2015 - 2:25 PM, said:

See but like, farming isn't necessarily bad. It's when it becomes a thing of drastically changing game play then shunning those who don't agree or want to play that way. That's when it becomes a problem.

Just nobody play with him and this some kind of revenge , cry on forum to not let ppl camping xD

As i remember same person started topic : guy suggested me 5 pl for akbronco link and then answered to him GTFO/STFU (i dont remember actually) and was reported for this and everyone who disliked him(100% tennos) called trolls .

And this whole topic about :

BlutAdler, on 30 Mar 2015 - 2:25 PM, said:

See but like, farming isn't necessarily bad. It's when it becomes a thing of drastically changing game play then shunning those who don't agree or want to play that way. That's when it becomes a problem.

Just nobody play with him and this some kind of revenge , cry on forum to not let ppl camping xD

It is your fault for saying GTFO/STFU anyway. And what is your point except naming and shaming?

It is your fault for saying GTFO/STFU anyway. And what is your point except naming and shaming?

This is pretty much why I've stopped replying to these people on this thread. 

No legitimate points as to why its better to sit in a cave and macro for 40 min instead of actually playing the game for 40 min.

It's "lets see how much we can insult the OP for disagreeing with me".

This is pretty much why I've stopped replying to these people on this thread. 

No legitimate points as to why its better to sit in a cave and macro for 40 min instead of actually playing the game for 40 min.

It's "lets see how much we can insult the OP for disagreeing with me".

Yet here you are over 6 hours later still replying to people. Also, legitimate points? lol This is your OP, where the hell is your point in it?

Here's to hoping the DE addresses this new fad of "farming" in the void.

Had someone tell me the best way to get to 40 minutes in Survival was to use this new method of "camping" in the voids. 

People don't learn from Viver and E-Gate that people are shooting themselves in the foot. 

Ridiculous.

I don't see one, please enlighten me where your point is in this pointless thread.

Yet here you are over 6 hours later still replying to people. Also, legitimate points? lol This is your OP, where the hell is your point in it?

I don't see one, please enlighten me where your point is in this pointless thread.

Buh Bye!

You don't like camping? Well neither do I. I find it boring just sitting there. I can get to 40 minutes just fine w/o camping. But, hey if people wanna do it then let them do it. You don't have to do it. Sure it might invoke another knee jerk reaction from DE but what else is new?

Until every frame gets LoS and campers start crying that they cannot "play" the game anymore.

Majority of the people that cried about Radial Javelin LoS were Draco campers. Talk about shortsighted "not so bright" players.

Except even if every frame gets LoS, the camping will continue as nothing happened as camping has nothing to do with LoS. As I said, there will always be a new strategy, a new counterpunch to the punch DE throws. Edited by FigsAndMice

I don't see how LOS or awareness will change anything.

Vortex ball goes in a line already, nekros desecrate......desecrates the corpses in the vortex, mag pulls would also work and any warframe that grants buffs will also work.

Saying that a LOS will affect camping is the same as not knowing one of two things:

- you don't know how to camp

- you don't understand game mechanics

I don't see how LOS or awareness will change anything.

Vortex ball goes in a line already, nekros desecrate......desecrates the corpses in the vortex, mag pulls would also work and any warframe that grants buffs will also work.

Saying that a LOS will affect camping is the same as not knowing one of two things:

- you don't know how to camp

- you don't understand game mechanics

And then you have RD Loki that needs targets in his visual range before he can Disarm them. Nova MP going only where you are facing, Sound Quake hits only where you are looking, etc.

Tell me about mechanics a bit more.

Camping in survival is not that same as the unlimited energy/powerspam/5 digit kills + max rep + unranked to max gear in a single game or 20 mins that viver/e-gate was.

One propelled you through content at an alarming rate, this other one maximizes your chance of surviving far. Is the next step banning nekros desecrate?

Where is my fault  ? Some1 made him offer for useless crap with right price  and HE(some1whostartedthistopic) said GTFO/STFU in return (my fault 100%) My point - lets make threads about ''ppl dont want to play with me because i dont like to camp and this should be nerfed because its killing game!'' and then suddenly we will have LoS on all abilities , this wont kill game for sure.

About camping : its fun especially when killing everything with soma/antimatter absorb but still counted as afk.

Edited by Odik

And then you have RD Loki that needs targets in his visual range before he can Disarm them. Nova MP going only where you are facing, Sound Quake hits only where you are looking, etc.

Tell me about mechanics a bit more.

I have been fine without a nova and stunning enemies with RD isn't exactly the best idea.

Speeding them up is a nice idea, but not required, atleast from my experience.

what the hell is the problem with making a stand in a spot?... it's SURVIVAL! you survive however you can...

^

This.

Also, go read/watch some of the survival 101 posts/videos. You'll see why people choose a single room. Hallway heroes actually break the spawns by pushing the spawn points back a tile (i.e. the spawnpoints are just outside the current tile, you move into that tile, the spawnpoint moves to an adjacent tile). 

The players like myself, playing with hallway heroes is extremely slow and boring, i.e. coptering across empty rooms trying to find mobs for me is not fun, a pain in the arse finding where your team has killed mobs to pick up drops, and trying to revive someone 3 tiles away when you're fighting lvl 100+ heavy gunners, bombards and nullifiers is likely to get yourself killed (which is kinda counter intuitive to survival). Also, without a Nekros going beyond 40 mins becomes problematic. Single room camping means all of the mobs spawning are doing so just outside the current tile meaning you're getting S#&$e loads of mobs to kill very quickly. As the mobs levels ramp up this becomes really hectic and allot of fun, for me anyway.

^

This.

Also, go read/watch some of the survival 101 posts/videos. You'll see why people choose a single room. Hallway heroes actually break the spawns by pushing the spawn points back a tile (i.e. the spawnpoints are just outside the current tile, you move into that tile, the spawnpoint moves to an adjacent tile). 

The players like myself, playing with hallway heroes is extremely slow and boring, i.e. coptering across empty rooms trying to find mobs for me is not fun, a pain in the arse finding where your team has killed mobs to pick up drops, and trying to revive someone 3 tiles away when you're fighting lvl 100+ heavy gunners, bombards and nullifiers is likely to get yourself killed (which is kinda counter intuitive to survival). Also, without a Nekros going beyond 40 mins becomes problematic. Single room camping means all of the mobs spawning are doing so just outside the current tile meaning you're getting S#&$e loads of mobs to kill very quickly. As the mobs levels ramp up this becomes really hectic and allot of fun, for me anyway.

My point here isnt one room camping, because i stay in one room also when doing clan runs. What i am wanting to point is those pro1337 Greedy Mag+Radial Disarm corridor camp runs. Ones that become like Viver or Draco, where you just have to make a macro for your recasts.

My point here isnt one room camping, because i stay in one room also when doing clan runs. What i am wanting to point is those pro1337 Greedy Mag+Radial Disarm corridor camp runs. Ones that become like Viver or Draco, where you just have to make a macro for your recasts.

Was more directed at the OP's POV than anything.

Something to take into consideration:
You will always have some kind of camp or lazy strategy.

You have thousands of players, each one trying to find an optimal effort-time-loot ratio.

Camping is the easiest Effort-loot ratio, while bolting through captures and sabotages are your time-loot ratio (if you have a full squad hunting for caches).

It's going to happen, and to some extent, even higher tier guys who don't camp wind up 'camping', depending on how you define it. 
I sit in pretty much the same tile and run around, parkouring off of things to avoid fire with my friends on the same tile, so technically we do camp.
There are various strategies that are AFK-camping, and really the new AFK timers helped fix this, but in all honesty, either AI fixes need to occur which would break legitimate means of survival, or tile-set fixes need to occur, which would break variety in a lot of these tiles. 

Edited by ArchiusPendragon

Well if you're talking about people who LITERALLY camp in one spot spamming skills and not moving an inch (Greed-pull Mag i'm looking at you) then yes, i agree.

But the way i usually do it which is DEFEND a room with multiple enemies going through and i'm with Chroma and action is going all around us then no. Camping in a room is fine as long as it's not ridiculously boring such as bringing a mag and nekros.

Well if you're talking about people who LITERALLY camp in one spot spamming skills and not moving an inch (Greed-pull Mag i'm looking at you) then yes, i agree.

But the way i usually do it which is DEFEND a room with multiple enemies going through and i'm with Chroma and action is going all around us then no. Camping in a room is fine as long as it's not ridiculously boring such as bringing a mag and nekros.

Exactly what he said.

Was more directed at the OP's POV than anything.

What robo just stated was my view..

My frustration is with the people who take anything that suggests farming and turn it into this "do it my way or your suck" atmosphere even though playing that way goes against the intended method of playing the thing. 

For example. I remember once going into Draco through public matchmaking and being reprimanded by some random player telling me to stop running around and killing stuff, that I was messing up the spawn for him and his trinity who were sitting there spamming. This is common knowledge about people who do this, and I choose not to play with people who do this, however when things like this happen it gets frustrating and alarming.

Alarming because it's becoming the general thing to do.

If you want to do that stuff do it with your friends/clannmates and stop pushing it on others.  

Why the hell would I make a thread about this stuff if it didn't effect me through public gameplay? 

What, do you think I go and ask if people do this stuff and then make threads about them doing it?

No, I'm tired of hosting parties and inviting people only to have them try and demean my way of playing by saying its lesser than their camping/hallway hero methods. 

Edited by BlutAdler