The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Campers

BlutAdler

Brilliant... so we would have to use the pods being at 80% effectively losing 30% of it's effect. Why haven't they thought of this... oh wait....

Maybe if you killed stuff instead of hiding in a sewer then the 20 sec timer wouldn't come into play?

Edited by Kartumterek

Maybe if you killed stuff instead of hiding in a sewer then the 20 sec timer wouldn't come into play?

I'm too lazy now to look up my first post in this topic but I already wrote that I myself like to run around and have fun. But I don't expect everybody else to play as I do. I expect my team to collect life supports dropped by enemies, activate pods when needed, not dying all the time so I have to stick with them to pick them up constantly and kill stuff.

Maybe you also should play like you want to and let others do the same. Just saying

Complainers are gonna complain,Haters gonna HATE,i think we should let ppl play the way they like,i'm not big fan of camping,cuz its fking boring! but if ppl like to farm this way,why not,its their time after all,not yours, this warFARM simulator pushed ppl beyond their limits,DE's gone to far,ppl got tired of all the Grindwalls DE put in front of them with each new content,so belive me ppl are always gonna found new ways of farming,and ppl like you are always gonna complain!

As long as you aren't exploiting something or botting, I don't care. I was in a survival with a greedy pull mag and a saron for up until wave 3. I could've stayed forever and gotten a tin of stuff, but it was boring. So, I left. Now. I don't mind them playing that way. It works and they can do it til the cows come home for all I care, but it isn't fun for me. Sure my way is slower and less desirable for them, but I like it. Nobody is wrong or right. It just is what it is.

-Players find a way to farm effectively in a HEAVILY GRIND ORIENTED GAME.

-Another player complain that people are too effective.

I don't even.. isn't the point of any survival to regroup to be stronger?

"i hate the way they play so lets nerf it"

Edited by Altey

I don't even.. isn't the point of any survival to regroup to be stronger?

Apparantly not even if I thought so myself. Obviously the goal is to pick the worst possible loadout and run around in cyrcles away from your teammates as long as possible. In other words playing bad makes you a skillful player... at least this is what I read here...

Apparantly not even if I thought so myself. Obviously the goal is to pick the worst possible loadout and run around in cyrcles away from your teammates as long as possible. In other words playing bad makes you a skillful player... at least this is what I read here...

Nah, we all like to stick to the one room when playing survivals. Problem arisen lately with Greedy Mag survival groups campers that will ruin certain frames with camping. Simply because DE doesnt like camping.

If you stay in one room and hope for better spawns and better air drops, then it is fine. But if you make a macro and dont move from one spot while constantly spamming one power for 3 h, i find that a problem. Because you are not playing the game, you are making you macros do the playing for you.

Basically "I don't like Thing, therefore Thing should be removed".

Must be a forum or something. 

Camping is a legit strategy and some find the teamwork and increased spawns make it less boring. Others prefer to run around. I follow the play style of the person who has the key. Plenty of others have said it, but I will repeat since I agree: both are valid strategies. 

Camping does not mean macro-ing. As far as what most people enjoy that is still often called camping, it's just usually good strategy and teamwork and does not have to be a 4-spam. I find defending a position with swarms of enemies flooding towards us and each frame being vital to our survival to be fun. 

For those groups that do 4-spam in high level survival, it's still likely that a stray missile, sudden flood of enemies, or a small mistake will take a dump on their parade from time to time. The games I have joined with groups who did this gave me the impression that the game already has some built in features that keep players actively paying attention, at least in T4S. I do not think setting a macro and walking away would have worked out very well, but maybe I just haven't seen the "right" spot. This method is fairly boring to me, but if others want to play this I don't care. 

For both styles of camping, active camping and 4-spam camping, there is no game breaking, there is no extra rotation c reward without having to stay 20 more minutes. The best case scenario is you may get out with a few extra thumpers. It is not really skewing loot. The team probably stays longer on a key, but not necessarily. And I don't see only having to farm three interceptions for keys instead of six as game breaking. 

Running around can be fun too, but when it is done stupidly it will scatter spawns and loot. To me, these are the most boring games of all - trying to figure out which hallway hero is pulling spawns so I can find something to kill. I don't mind if it's done in a bigger room, everyone can run around and have fun without spawns being hurt or loot being spread too far, but when each player find their own corner of the map, it is likely to be less fun. 

Please do not call for changes to this game mode that will stop others from enjoying their play style. I enjoy that it currently gives players some freedom of choice - I like that variety. If a player doesn't like the way the game they are in is being played, there are plenty of options to put together or join a lobby that will suit their play style without having to force anyone else to change. Why make a problem out of it?

Edited by (PS4)Bowjangelz

Nah, we all like to stick to the one room when playing survivals. Problem arisen lately with Greedy Mag survival groups campers that will ruin certain frames with camping. Simply because DE doesnt like camping.

If you stay in one room and hope for better spawns and better air drops, then it is fine. But if you make a macro and dont move from one spot while constantly spamming one power for 3 h, i find that a problem. Because you are not playing the game, you are making you macros do the playing for you.

The simple fact that you can make a macro, a bot or whatever you call it to play Warframe should be the real problem there it remind me every time that the game isn't even challenging enough to deter those tactics.

I still havn't seen any real resonings by the OP of why this is a bad thing other than "it's not the way it should be played" or "it's killing the game" both sound more like personal opinions that legit reasons. A lot of frames are made for actual camping look at vauban camp frame of the year.

And how is this any different from survival ? And like everyones said if you make a game this grindy then people are going to try and find the most officient way to actualy grind. Yes there should be work behind new items and good items but 6 hours of survival and no volt prime chassis is a bit much.

Also this thread does need to be locked the OP is attacking every person that they have a disagreement with.

all of the above

player haters have now chosen to burn crosses against whatever effective/efficient tactic is in fashion atm =/

isnt it great how the massive influx of the post-wow mmorpg crowd has influenced WF? ya? oh? no? ya i thought so... =/

Right on, I wish they'd go right back to where they came from!