Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Never Ending Pick Up, The Clicking Noise Of Madness

(PSN)Pengu_Imperialus

I noticed a thread in the PC forums about something similar and it reminded me to report this lol.

When standing on ammo drops, noticed in particularly with shotgun ammo but haven't tested it with others yet, if I happen to be standing on it continually makes the pick up noise.  Wasn't even using a shotgun.  When I step out of the pick up raidius it stops, and restarts when I step back in.

This was in Void, mobile defense if that matters.  Isn't the first time i've heard it just the first time I realized what was happening.  Noticed the Shotgun Ammo Full message at the bottom of the screen and that's what clued me in lol.

• 3 months later...

Too add to this topic, Carrier Prime (and I assume carrier but haven't used it recently) will have the ammo full pick up noise go mad when it tries picking up several of the same type of ammo.  This isn't as consistent as the audio bug I got from standing on ammo, but it creates 2 problems:  1)that awful, awful clicking noise (which can be out run if you move fast enough that the ammo floating towards carrier is not actually touching carrier), 2) Carrier will not register the ammo as picked up (I ran out of sniper ammo with 3 or 4 ammo pick ups floating behind carrier)

I found no consistent way to get it to stop, though switching to secondary, firing off a few rounds and reloading seemed to break the cycle some times, but it wasn't a universal fix.

I noticed a thread in the PC forums about something similar and it reminded me to report this lol.

When standing on ammo drops, noticed in particularly with shotgun ammo but haven't tested it with others yet, if I happen to be standing on it continually makes the pick up noise.  Wasn't even using a shotgun.  When I step out of the pick up raidius it stops, and restarts when I step back in.

This was in Void, mobile defense if that matters.  Isn't the first time i've heard it just the first time I realized what was happening.  Noticed the Shotgun Ammo Full message at the bottom of the screen and that's what clued me in lol.

Are you sure that it isn't other team mates picking things up - I get it when I am maxed on everything?

this really only happens when the host has a bad connection to you. I have had this multiple times and yes it is annoying. ive run out of ammo a few times due to this and it usually happens during survival/defense/excavation matches. so yes this still happens . hoping it gets fixed in the next update

It's also not just ammo, it happens to me and carrier prime with energy, resources and basically everything that can be picked up. It will not register picking up and will keep floating behind carrier prime and continually spam the energy pick up noise (way worse than the ammo pick up noise). I have encountered this problem with multiple frames on multiple tile sets and different kind of missions. I thought I'd add it since the problem is not just confined to ammo pick ups. 

• 1 month later...

This should be fixed, yes.

Thanks, really appreciate the reply!

I guess the issue I'm experiencing is a permutation on this. Please let me know if there is something I can help with to get this fixed. Below is the best way I can described what I am seeing.

The problem isn't specific to Carrier, Carrier just exacerbates it to the point where it can't be used. Seemingly, the game doesn't recognize when my frame is at full energy when I am not the host . Standing over an orb you hear continuous pick up sounds. There is no apparent lag, happens whenever I have full energy, very easy to repro in void defense missions since there are a plethora of energy orbs. Started happening back with Tyl Regor Tubemen update.

I'm able to ignore the issue if I don't use Carrier, because I'm rarely stationary, but I REALLY miss Carrier... :(

• 1 month later...

So another big update has arrived, but there is still no joy in Mudville. I started using Carrier again anyway, if I keep moving I can mostly stay ahead of the energy orb cloud. Periodically I spam Anti-Matter Drop to consume the cloud and make the horrible noise stop. I have nightmares about Energy restores and EV Trinity in pugs now. :(

• 1 month later...