The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Conclave Pvp Slowly Toxify The Community

degrida

How is Pvp going to toxic to the community? i mean we already have a list of things that lets the forums ablaze at any given moment. The slightest changes and its page after page of how the game is doomed or they nerfed X in the ground and its worthless. We have trolls running around being well trolls in game. Raids disbanding because a troll is screaming into mics or starting flame wars. Will its toxify the community no, will it add to maybe (most likely yes).

I don't think PvP Will contribute to the community's already existing, yet comparably low to other games, toxicity more than any other new game mechanic. There's always going to be arguments, and arguments almost always breed hostilities, but I don't think it'd be PvP's fault in this situation, so no, it won't make the community any worse off.

I think there's a real risk of it increasing the toxicity of the community. All the ingredients are there: dubiously balanced competitive mechanics, complete lack of matchmaking, double rewards for winning (a.k.a penalties for losing), PvP treadmill rewards, they're all ingredients for an angry player base. It SHOULD be a concern, and being in denial over it helps no one. It's not to say that it can't get better as the conclave gets worked on, just as it is right now it's definitely a risk.

Edited by Acidtrees

How so?

When Excal got LoS added back to Radial Jav people were quick to blame PvP about it and said it was the start of PvP changing PvE for it's own balance, when the truth was DE made the change to help curb farming.

Something similar happened when the Conclaves were first added and again when Dark Sector conflicts got updated, overall the community doesn't like PvP, history has made this crystal clear.

I think there's a real risk of it increasing the toxicity of the community. All the ingredients are there *snip*

Those "ingredients" tend to come from people and their imagination of how a game has to be, not from a game itself.

And even though balance in PVP ain't perfect, it's overall still not truly unfair (Primes and Wraith/Vandal shouldn't be allowed IMO, that's about it). I've witnessed only very very few lines of rage and insults, as most players tend to play CtC for fun, not for serious competition.

And the win/lose-matter is really no matter at all. Reaching the cap of rep-points a few times already makes the progression through the syndicate-ranks very quick - I became tempest in just a few days lol.

Something similar happened when the Conclaves were first added and again when Dark Sector conflicts got updated, overall the community doesn't like PvP, history has made this crystal clear.

Forget about Excalibur's RJ, it does have nothing to do with PVP.... PVP and PVE are not related to each other in terms of balancing (that's why abilities work slightly different in PVP-modes than in PVE).

The only thing that was made crystal clear was that the community doesn't like how Dark Sectors and Solar-Rails affect PVE-experience. THAT was the criticism about it, not that there was PVP in WF. Most of the hate came from the credits-taxations and other limitations some big alliances made to players willing to play on their rails.

Edited by RedEyedRaven