The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trader Rotation Is Not Doing What It Should Be Doing.

CaptainBAMF

Being around since the traders first rotation, ive started to notice things that both enrage DE, and the commnuinty about his trade cycles. 

DE wanted to slow down the introduction of newer items to decrease the grinding done for  ducats. So instead of purely new content, the release a mix of old and new.

However tenno who miss the previous rotation still have a chance within the next few to get the same item.

What im noticing however is slightly disheartining.

Instead of adopting a fair 1:1 or 2:2 approach ( lets say 2 new trader items, and 2 old trader items from a previous rotation)

we see things like 3 previously purchased items, skins, etc, and maybe 1 new addition.

Trader is supposed to be something we look forward to every 2 weeks. Its supposed to help ease the wait time between old content and newer content, giving us somethign to do or playwith.

It seems however that there is almost no new contant coming from the trader, which worries me.

This could be a sign DE is having trouble with creating new content for the trader do to Other Update projects, R&D of how the new contant they may be creating effects gameplay or whatnot.

I honestly want DE to know id like them to look into a 2:2 approach for baro. If you cannot do that because content is getting hard to make every 2 weeks, perhaps rotate baro to a 3 week cycle, with ACUTAL new content.

Honestly great work with everything DE .

But please, for the many endgame tenno, and newer tenno looking forward to the trader every 2 weeks, do not rush out something to dissapoint us. the past 3 Traders have been kinda a let down T-T

GG Much Love and Repect DE

-captain

To clarify the above. I do not wish to see primed mods too often at all, as they cause slight havoc in the game without research,

What I do want to see however is causual players, and hardcore players being treated equallly.

2 new content items each rotation, appearance, mod, weapon, noggle, paint, Anything they want, just 2. For the endgame tenno with nothing to do

And 2 old rotation items, for the casual players, or just those who missed it last time.

Its fair, its can be any content, just presented in a fair ratio =] )

Edited by CaptainBAMF

They said (last stream iirc) that they actually have a TON of content ready, they slowed it down intentionally to give players a break, and keep them from having to void nonstop. That being said, I do agree that we should get kind of half and half. Just wanted to make clear they aren't having problems creating things. Once every 2 weeks making a couple new primed mods- not exactly a hard deadline to meet.

might not be a problem creating content, the prob would be man/wooman power. how much time can be spared for Baro wares if DE is concentrating on updates? Baro should at least have 1 new usable item and 1 cosmetic something for different types of players. some care for digital collectables but lots do not. They want something that shoots or 'splodes! or a trading card...

i have 6k ducats piling up cause of lack of things to trade them in for and another good chunk of cats piling up in prime parts.

Edited by OvAeons

They said (last stream iirc) that they actually have a TON of content ready, they slowed it down intentionally to give players a break, and keep them from having to void nonstop. That being said, I do agree that we should get kind of half and half. Just wanted to make clear they aren't having problems creating things. Once every 2 weeks making a couple new primed mods- not exactly a hard deadline to meet.

Nah that's just a cover for having no clue on what to do with trader because they are rehashing so much old content it makes it look at least to me is they are regretting introducing primed mod power creep. So they are trying to figure out what exactly to do about this mess they made and still haven't figured it out.

They made this change because people were farming the hell out of the void and nothing but the void just to afford all of the 3-4 new items every week. Honestly I'm glad that I'm no longer in the position of either A: Burn myself out mega farming the void or B: Not things I want that isn't subject to RNG, and thus actually have a realistic chance at getting.

Wasn't the common philosophy not too long ago was "stop releasing powerful high ranked mods because of power creep and grind?"   If you guys didn't want Primed Mods/Weapons then what else would of been better?

They DE take a break from releasing "datamined" mods (which more than likely would of lead to power creep/nerf topics)  and give us cool little cosmetics....now it's still an uproar....

I wouldn't be shocked if they did this to

1. Stop being from grinding

2. Get back at people data-mining subliminally. 

Some one sleek said we were getting Prisma Orthos..and I bet they felt really proud about leaking information.....and now for the 3rd time they were wrong :^)   Me personally, I really don't even care.  Right now I'm enjoying Valkyr's new Augment + Sword Only playstyle

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed maliciousness

The powercreep from primed cards only really messes up super low lvl planets and voids. Take any of those to the true endgame, and youll see tenno are still lacking in power. Although this comes more from warframes and their imbalences at higher lvls. Which DE said last stream they would work to address.

That being said too many primed mods would cause a problem, but up till now no earthshattering primed mods have appeared.

The could Prisma Every weapon in the game if they really wanted to. Easy free content, mastery fodder, etc.

I just want to see baro become something i look foward to everyweek, not something the community makes fun of.

DE Please stick with a  2:2 Release pattern. Keep the commnunity happy and hopeful. Or watch the world burn, its up to you.

( To clarify the above. I do not wish to see priemd mods too often at all, as they cause slight havoc in the game without research,

What I do want to see however is causual players, and hardcore players being treated equallly.

2 new content items each rotation, appearance, mod, weapon, noggle, paint, Anything they want, just 2. For the endgame tenno with nothing to do

And 2 old rotation items, for the casual players, or just those who missed it last time.

Its fair, its can be any content, just presented in a fair ratio =] )

Edited by CaptainBAMF

I heard about that before as i mentioned in the above post.. =]

I agree too many tenno had been grinding for the 4 new items a rotation

I agree it had to be nerfed, too much time spent in the void grinding for too many players.

But i believe 1 new item a rotation causes the same anger and grief as those who had to grind none stop to get the 4.

i believe 2:2 is a better approach :3

How hard can it be? ALL they have to do is take a mod, double its max rank, change the border from gold to white/platinum and voila, new primed mod. super hard.

IKR?

It think it may be like 4 months since we've gotten a new primed mod?  lol...

This week when I checked what Baro had I was like:

oh-heeeell-to-the-no.gif

Sigh...

I don't even... This rotation.

Yes I understood  why they decided to repeat previous items in rotations (What Sheldon said during the Dev stream), but ONE new mod for every rotation is that too much to ask? (Apparently so)

They said (last stream iirc) that they actually have a TON of content ready, they slowed it down intentionally to give players a break, and keep them from having to void nonstop.

You know what's funny? The paradox.

Want to get the desired prime part (let's say Volt Prime and/or Odonata Prime parts) through Void farming = keep getting «useless» parts aka Ducats.

So, yeah, it should be 3 old items and 2 new ones (mod/gun+cosmetic) per Baro arrival. At least it would be fair.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

Trader has been disappointing last few visits, would like 1 useful item that isn't a decoration or cosmetic counting as the new item.

It should be a rule that it be a new mod or weapon for every visit with 1 old cycle weapon or mod and whatever cosmetics they want to push after to fill the 3 or 4 item listing.

Trader has been disappointing last few visits, would like 1 useful item that isn't a decoration or cosmetic counting as the new item.

It should be a rule that it be a new mod or weapon for every visit with 1 old cycle weapon or mod and whatever cosmetics they want to push after to fill the 3 or 4 item listing.

Same here.

Was hoping for a Primed Streamline or Primed Intensify~

I think if Void Trader is going to be behaving/rotating in the same way he may as well start showing up every Friday then.  I mean why the 2 weeks to drag everything out.

Everyone's disappointment is twice as strong since it's been 2 weeks.  =/

That is a good suggestion. That way you do not feel as much rage waiting 2 weeks....

That would also work with a 2:1 system (2 old, 1 new).

Right now it feels more like a slap in the face.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind if it was a cool cosmetic.

But come on now, a noggle for 100 ducats and 250000 credits?!

I have incredible amounts of credits and ducats, but I'm not buying a NOGGLE for THAT AMOUNT.

There are 2 primed mods and 2 reskinned weapons waiting to be released for Baro, and yet they keep pushing out the worst stuff that should be a little extra ontop of something bigger that's new.

Edited by Storchenbein