The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mimic, The Faceless Agent Of Confusion

Airgetlamm

Hi there! An idea came to me and a friend of mine (ign Zertraxis) while we were playing and talking about stuff, that would be cool to have in Warframe

Mimic - a frame focused on infiltration, being stealthy without being invisible, and turning the powers of his enemies against them

Health - 100 (300 at rank 30)

Armor - 15

Shields - 75 (225 at rank 30)

Power - 150 (225 at rank 30)

Speed - 1.25

Stamina - 150

1. Disguise – copies the appearance of the target, allowing himself to go unnoticeable while the skill is active. An attack made by Mimic will not brake his disguise, but it can still alert enemies. Disguise can be turned off by pressing 1.

Cost – 25

Duration – 10/15/20/25 seconds

Strength – n/a

Range – 50m

Augment: Disengage - enemies, that are attacking Mimic at the moment of the cast, will stop their attack and seek for a new target

2. Buff steal – takes a random buff from the target, for the duration of this skill. It works with warframe skills and eximus unit auras

Cost – 50

Duration – 10/12/15/20 seconds

Strength – steals up to 1/2/3/4 buffs from up to 1/2/3/4 targets

Range – 25m

3a. Mirror – Places a transparent, solid mirror that reflects 100% of incoming damage back at the attackers. Players can see through it, but they cannot pass or shoot through it. Mirror breaks after a threshold is reached. Mirror can be turned off by pressing 3.

Cost – 75

Duration – 10/12/15/20 seconds

Strength – 1500/2000/2500/3000 threshold

Range – 3m high; 1/2/3/4m wide

3b. Mirror – Places a magic mirror that doesn't give protection from damage, but reflects a percentage of it back at the attackers. Mirror colapses after a threshold is reached

Cost – 75

Duration – 40 seconds; 1500/2000/2500/3000 threshold

Strength – 80/100/125/150 % reflected damage

Range – 3m high; 1/2/3/4m wide

3c. Mirror – Mimic shrouds himself in a reflective cloak

Cost – 75

Duration – 4/6/8/10 seconds

Strength – 80/100/125/150 % reflected damage

Range – n/a

4. Power imitation – copies and stores the fourth skill of another party member, or an eximus unit skill, for a following use. This skill copies the basic(unmodded) values of the chosen skill

Cost – storing a skill costs no energy; skill has the basic energy cost of the copied skill

Duration – skills get stored for 30/30/45/60 seconds; skill has the basic duration of the copied skill

Strength – 60/70/85/100 % of the basic strength of the copied skill

Range – 50/60/75/100 % of the basic range of the copied skill

Augment: Prestige - allows Mimic to use stored skill up to 2/3/4/5 times

Mimic requres MR5 to be crafted!

I like this concept. I had the same kind of idea floating around my cotton ball container.

I'd see it as a male character.

Disguise working from stealing an enemies appearance after he was killed. 

Rather than steal a buff, I think sabotage would work better, the ability to turn the buff into a negative buff.

3rd skill I'd think maybe deception or the ability to allow your team to pass unnoticed, deception being an ability to manipulate enemies perception so they have a very hard time determining your exact spot( drops in damage dealt and also accuracy loss).

For a final skill I would like to see Mimic being a lure or an object that would attract enemies, as they get closer they drop their guard in their curiosity, dropping armor % and also making them susceptible to a critical damage. When either skill timer or skill button is hit Mimic lets out a large EMP blast either killing targets or leaving them scrambled and damaged.

Covan, your idea is not bad, but its more aggressive, than the idea we had for Mimic. Yours is more a debuffer and a fighter, while we thought of Mimic, as of an infiltrator and a solo agent for spy missions, captures, etc.

Cheers!