Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Mode Suggestions

2ply

So far we have Capture the Cephalon which is great, and team death match is on the way.

What other Conclave modes do you think would be interesting?

Some suggestions: (feel free to add)

Interception: Domination

King of the Hill: Hold a point longer than the enemy can, based on who can occupy the area longer

Hard point: Like a king of the hill but with moving objectives with random spawns

Destroy/Defuse: Like counter strike,  where you have to complete an objective or prevent it from being done

Gun Game: This is wildly imaginative, and may require way too much work

STALKER: 1 person is randomly selected as the stalker and the other 7 have to kill, on death a new player is randomly selected

Please feel free to add more ideas.

Turning the Dark Sectors Missions into Conclave matches (using the game modes and tile sets)

Nullifier Modes. Normal modes except there would be absolutely no energy; no powers and no channeling, just your primary, secondary, melee, and aim.

Protect (VIP) : Each round one player on the team is chosen as the captain. Captains have double health and stats and deal double damage, but if they die, the round is over and the enemy scores a point.

Last Man Standing mode: (Free for All)  where each player had a set number of re-spawns, last player to have re-spawns left wins. Survival becomes more important than killing.

Edited by 2ply

Stalker sounds like a genuinely interesting mode, and could satisfy everyone who wants to 'play the Stalker' by giving them a forced Dread/Despair/Hate loadout.

Would promote some team work for sure....don't get caught alone! And they could allow the stalker to go invisible. 

For the Stalker, giving them a fixed ability set (but leaving their physical frame model unchanged, except for a black smoke effect or something), I imagine Teleport, Dispel (3-5 seconds no abilities in area), Invisibility and Absorb would work well, fitting in with his existing set and being a nightmare to deal with.

Edited by Kthal

I used to play Dragon Nest, only to PVP, and in fact only for one specific game mode in its PVP called "Protect."

It's a twist on Halo's Juggernaut mode. Imagine a team death match where each round one player on the team is chosen as the captain. Captains have double health and stats and deal double damage, but if they die, the round is over and the enemy scores a point.

It creates an atmosphere where you can, and should, actively change between kamikaze and evasive/defensive playstyles depending on which class/frame is chosen as the round's leader.

I played that PVP mode for 3 years for a reason. It's always dynamic.

Hold on. I thought King of the Hill meant whoever gets first kill in a FFA becomes king, whoever kills the king becomes the king, whoever remains king for long enough wins.

Your version seems to be the same as Interception.

Sounds legit. Was thinking of king of the hill like interception, but instead of 4 nodes...there is 1. And the team that can occupy the node longest during the duration of the match wins!

But i Like your interpretation just as good.

I used to play Dragon Nest, only to PVP, and in fact only for one specific game mode in its PVP called "Protect."

It's a twist on Halo's Juggernaut mode. Imagine a team death match where each round one player on the team is chosen as the captain. Captains have double health and stats and deal double damage, but if they die, the round is over and the enemy scores a point.

It creates an atmosphere where you can, and should, actively change between kamikaze and evasive/defensive playstyles depending on which class/frame is chosen as the round's leader.

I played that PVP mode for 3 years for a reason. It's always dynamic.

This is also called "VIP" in some other games. Very good suggestion btw. Thank you!

Sounds legit. Was thinking of king of the hill like interception, but instead of 4 nodes...there is 1. And the team that can occupy the node longest during the duration of the match wins!

But i Like your interpretation just as good.

I might be wrong because it's been so many years but I think UT had a game mode called king of the hill that worked the way I said.

It also had a Last Man Standing mode, where instead of Death Match it was a FFA where each player had a set number of respawns, last player to have respawns left wins. Survival becomes more important than killing.

Last Man Standing mode: (Free for All)  where each player had a set number of re-spawns, last player to have re-spawns left wins. Survival becomes more important than killing.

Updated, Edited this quote slightly for clarity.

Thanks Mastikator!

Stalker would be absolutely fantastic; it would draw in lots of players who aren't as much of a fan as simple team vs team on equal footing.

If Domination would be Interception, I'd think that King of the Hill (1 control zone that moves around the map) would use Excavation logic, with the hill being one of the excavators.

Dunno how well a CS-esque bomb planting mode would go with the extremely fast-paced speed of current matches.

I had another idea, something rather simple: Nullifier Modes. Pretty much, they'd be normal modes except there'd be absolutely no energy; no powers and no channeling, just your primary, secondary, melee, and aim. Obviously people might say that Warframe NEEDS powers, but it wouldn't override the normal PVP, so if people wanted to play it, they could, and if they didn't want to, they wouldn't have to.

I had another idea, something rather simple: Nullifier Modes. Pretty much, they'd be normal modes except there'd be absolutely no energy; no powers and no channeling, just your primary, secondary, melee, and aim. Obviously people might say that Warframe NEEDS powers, but it wouldn't override the normal PVP, so if people wanted to play it, they could, and if they didn't want to, they wouldn't have to.

DE add this pls!

or PVP nightmare modes..

Stalker gamemode really needs to happen......Crazy coptering might ruin it though.

Remember that coptering is being reworked in the Parkour 2.0 system.

Not sure how, and to what extent. But lets just hope its awesome.