Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Bronco Worth Getting?

TrueSone

Question

20 answers to this question

1 hour ago, RomanMithman said:

For perhaps some expanded answers on this question, if you are that close to an enemy, why would it be more worth using a Bronco instead of simply swiping them dead with your melee? Is there an advantage beyond preferred play style?

You responded to a post from 2013.

Incredibly potent necromancy aside, the power balance between guns and Melee nowadays is not how it's always been.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Incredibly potent necromancy aside, the power balance between guns and Melee nowadays is not how it's always been.

Thanks. Yes, I know. Since the game and item is still relevant (this post came up on top in my search), I'm sure others like myself still have the same question.

5 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Nice Catch... I thought it was Strange given the Weapons that are being Compared....

Wow.... Can you imagine... ? A time when people compared Bronco's and Lex's 😲 !!!

7 hours ago, RomanMithman said:

item is still relevant

Bronco hasn't really been relevant for a long time, there's tons of alternatives nowadays, not least Melee for close-range pwnage, like you mentioned.

Yes, I know. [...] this post came up on top in my search

What exactly were you searching for?

And seriously, why did you think bumping a 2013 topic would be the best option to get what you were after?

I'm sure others [...] still have the same question.

Again I have to ask, what question exactly is that?

Like, I for one am not entirely sure there's lots of people today concerned about the actions of Warframe players back in 2013 :P

I liked it a lot. One shots a lot of mobs, has little to no falloff, although the spread makes ranged engagements impossible.

A very good choice for close combat. Reload is fast, with a few +reload mods it feels like it has an infinite clip :)

I have yet to encounter the reload glitch unless I'm also using a Glaive.

It is good after rank 20 ish, when you are able to put damage, multishot and armor piercing on it. At rank 30, there are so few things I can't kill within 2 shots. Even though it only has a clip size of 2, the fire rate and reload speed are simply amazing. This is the pistol I'd take when I bring a lv1 rifle with a lv1 sword to Kappa.

OKay,I just got the Bronco...tried it unmodded on level one grineer lancers..takes 2-3 shots to kill one mob, I hope I didn't make the wrong choice :/

Comments aren't very positive on it, I have yet to encounter the reload glitch though. Let's say that there's not reload glitch on the Bronco, would it be a good choice then?

Bronco needs a couple mods, but once you've got those down it becomes a VERY powerful weapon.

I got one to 30, and I have to say it felt pretty good. Didn't even have it potato'd, either, and it still wrecked things up-close.

Well this got interesting. Bronco has the highest pistol damage. If you haven't maxed it (30) or (60) please restrain from spreading false information. Its everyone's right to say if he/she likes it or not, but the question was if it is good not if you like it.

Bronco is amazing for close range shooting (really close)
Like lex bronco can be your best sidearm friend for many missions although it has higher damage than lex and faster reload speed, as you will notice if you get it, avoid shooting anything 2-3 meters away other than that its all about accuracy!!! when you put (miltishot +dmg/AP/elem.dmg) you wont be having any problems with it all you will have to do is AIM! then shoot.

Hope i helped
BGRDS

Ive got a level 30 bronco its good for two shotting grineer with damage+ap. with enough damage mayyybe 1 shot, but u literally have to be in there face max ohko range prolly 3m. ~6 shots for heavies zzz. like the others have said +reload/quickdraw makes it feel like a really big mag

Ahh alright, so it is a super close range beast...

Hahaha well guess I have to run a few more mercury missions then, it is really weak right now without any mods :/

I am planning to put quickdraw, multishot, hornet strike and some other damage mods on it...good choices?

For mods, you want damage, damage, and more damage.

Armor piercing is a must, as it is the universal element.

Hornet Strike + Multishot will always be essential for damage because nothing else in the game offers the same level of multiplicative scaling.

And then you add Freeze damage because the cc is amazing.

After that, throw in the remaining 2 elements and maybe reload speed and you're golden.

Don't think you get anything out of mag size, and I found it to be fairly ammo efficient, so don't bother modding for that.

Crit kinda sucks in this game, and I think the Bronco has a low base crit anyways (like almost every other gun, lol), so don't bother with crit mods either.

Edited by Haif