DE_Adam

Hotfix 16.2.1

Is kind of broken when I re-log it will erase the lvl progress on my boltor prime & zephyr

Thanks for removing the health regen  on the manic. It rounds him out perfectly now. It was the only issue with him I had

• Removed health regeneration from the Grineer Manic.

This is not the change he needs.

• Upvote 1

• Fixed Sargas Ruk doing a flashy T-pose on death, instead of dying like a normal Grineer.  What an attention seeker!

I spotted this horrible scene he was like Jesus O_O 

• Fixed Sargas Ruk doing a flashy T-pose on death, instead of dying like a normal Grineer.  What an attention seeker!
  • I spotted this horrible scene he was like Jesus O_O 

Well he did come back after being killed...

So no unstuck command in solo play then?

When you're most likely to need it since there are no squad mates who can head to extraction for you.

no it said that there is a squad chat in solo

Ah, good, that loss of regeneration should make them MUCH more manageable, while these other changes should keep him a challenge.

You're being sarcastic, right? Or do you believe waiting for invulnerability to pass presents a challenge?

grineer maniac was fine, he was fun and a little challenging, he shouldnt kill you  if you are well equipped. hope they dont nerf him anymore

Oh sweet relief on the grineer mainic, I didn't mind having a challange but, it takes awhile for me to beat him due to his health regen. Probaly takes me like 20 minutes fighting him, hopefully the nerf isn't too much on him.

This never bothered me when he regained his health...

Mainly because I shot and "Killed" him in one shot from my Dread...

I don't see why Manics had to lose their health regeneration. Complainers ruin all of the cool aspects of things.

the problem was he didn't die in a single shot and would go invul and then hide for a good few minutes before coming out again with full health. it also meant that weapons that did low damage per shot couldn't keep up with it.

*sign* memories. . . .

2015-03-25_00001.jpg

Ooooohhhh..... THAT pose.

I wish they left the Manic alone as it was fun being challenged by it when it would appear. Reminds me alot of how the Stalker used to be about a year ago. The improvement to the teleportation was cool but they should have left the health regen there to make it purposely that much more difficult :)

My 2 cents

Changes

• Removed health regeneration from the Grineer Manic.

giphy.gif

Thanks for removing the health regen  on the manic. It rounds him out perfectly now. It was the only issue with him I had

Edited by Tsoe

I don't want to look the gift horse in the mouth, but do you think we can get some Halikar fixes?

Please dont nerf manics more :D Its good they are challenging to kill since stalker is not able to do anything and very easy to kill :p  Could you please give them dispell so warframe abilities like nova mp doesnt affect them? :)

Then he would hit miniboss status and have to drop more as compensation. Not a bad idea mind you but a regular enemy that disrupts the flow entirely is not the idea with this guy. They are trying to make it so there's a strategy to him without him hitting a miniboss state. Basically, they are trying to keep him as a unique mook for the time being. Tougher than a regular enemy but not stalker-ish.

Edited by MartinVole

...I call this crap.  There is no more concise way of putting it.  A minor update that was as useless as a screen door on a submarine.

They claimed to fix the crashing (for "select" AMD hardware).  It's been less than six hours, and I've gotten 7 more crashes at the start of missions (the "War-" is omitted, and x2 means two crashes submitted that generated the same number):

441047 x2
441120 x2

On top of crashing, the Drahk masters seem to have been buffed.  Instead of stripping me of one weapon they now strip everything but melee weapons.  Kinda difficult to deal with when they can remove ranged weapon I've got and hide behind a wall of lancers.  Either this is a new bug, or your "fixes" have broken more. 

As if that weren't bad enough, the manic is still invincible for quite some time.  Try hitting it with the Jat, then watching as it stumbles back in complete invincibility until it can teleport away.  If that's how it is supposed to work then DE is either adding a random tax on lives or they've never tested the mechanic prior to implementing it.  Based upon the bleeding proc that will kill a Zephyr at full health, my bet is that somebody there forgot that this functionally makes anybody without high level gear forefeit a life to complete a Grineer mission. 

To those asking for a nerf, or a buffing, of the manic please stop.  It's stupid, because it's broken.  Before we ask for a nerf/buff it needs to work correctly.

To those complementing DE, I'd ask that you stop.  Half of the time their "fixes" don't fix anything, and the other half of the time they're making changes that wouldn't be necessary if crap worked right the first time.  That doesn't deserve praise, that deserves a sigh.  First nullifiers, now the manic, next they'll be implementing an RNG at the beginning of each level that will place a level 100 Vor in the second room.  This isn't making it better for the hardcore player, but it is making it worse for the new player. 

What I'm asking for is not unreasonable.  DE has a broken powers system, so rather than fix it they add nullifiers.  The Grineer missions don't have that power breaker, so they install a boss that is more difficult than any of the assassination targets which appear almost 50% of the time.  Said boss is the only source of a rare drop, and even then the boss rarely drops anything (in my experience 1/10 kills results in any drop).  This is not the hallmark of good design, but deficient thought.  If 16.2.2.simply fixed the manic animation invulnerability, addressed the memory leaks which seem to be getting worse (windows task manager reports constant increases when I'm not grinding one mission), and stopped the crashing I'd take the next three releases without a negative word.  As it stands, I've been complaining about this crap for half a dozen releases, with nothing to show for it.

DE, please stop sucking.  It's not a constructive thing to say, but I'm out of other words.  I've tried to ask for reason.  I've tried to ask for mediated responses to implemented changes.  I've even defended some asinine waffling you've done while claiming that all your other statements were just an error.  At this point, I don't have enough hope left in me.  If you gave me a 99% platinum discount I'd avoid spending the money.  I can't see spending money on you, because this is EA level mismanaging and failed features.  You're SImcity, Dead Space, and Dungeon Keeper to me.  So much potential, corrupted by either stupidity or greed. The best thing I can do is continue to rail on these forums, and use server time, to justify my investment in this game.   

A final thought.  Everyone bemoaning the state of the community, and asking for more end game content, please do us all a favor.  Restart the game with a new account.  Experience your first dozen failures because a MK-1 Braton and the Cronus sword mean even the scrub Grineer can hand you your backside on a platter.  Run through a solo mission, and have the Manic pop up in the last two minutes.  Watch as it murders you because two clips from your primary barely dent its health, your secondary is functionally useless, and your melee weapon simply allows the manic to get close enough to you to one shot you with a bleeding proc.  After all of that, tell me why a new player would tolerate it.  Tell me how that is a balanced mechanic that is challenging, and not just cheap.

The community and game will die without an infusion of new players.  The existing player base was soured with Archwing, and the recent substantial issues aren't exactly selling anyone new to the idea of this game.  Two years in beta, with some problems waiting 6+ months for a resolution is too much.  If I spend money on a game it should work, and Warframe is rapidly spiraling towards being unplayable.  Welcome to Duke Nukem Forever territory, population nobody two months after release.