Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing Berserker, Balance Melee Weapons

IfritKajiTora

I just love to use Berserker and I think it is just Extremely powerfull that makes some Melee weapons very good, but only those with high Critical Chance.

I think that berserker should be changed, because a lot of other melee weapons are just left behind.

High critical chance weapons have already bonus from Critical damage, why only these should be faster/better?

To make other melee weapons balanced Berserker should work with normal swings.

Description: With each swing gives you +5% attack speed bonus for +24 seconds. (Max stack up to +75%/90% attack speed)

It will make all melee weapons preety balanced. Not only high critical chance melee weapons that already have bonus from critical damage.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

So Fury gets thrown in the trash then? No thanks :)

Lol nope. Even if I use Bersekrer I still have Fury mod. This +30% attack speed is bursting your speed a lot. And besides you need first to swing several times before you get attack speed bonus, Fury works all the time.

In My Scindo Prime it is a huge difference with Fury. With maxed Bonus from berserker yeah the speed is good enough. WIth Furry and max berserker bonus HOLY FUQ : O

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Eh, I think beserker is fine right now. No need for a buff, or a nerf. Besides, then, with Fury, you swing quicker, and thus can swing more often in a few seconds, which, in turn, theoretically increases the chance for this 'balanced' Beserker thing. 

It is perfectly balanced, by the stamina drain and the motion lock.

You swing so fast, you stamina will be used up in a sec. Then you can't run, making yourself a big target to shoot at. This applies on all factions. Tar, rollers, op corpus grenade which will stun/kill you so fast if you melee.

Just make Fury 60% again.

This really needs to happen, although it does not solve the gap the berserker creates between crit melee and other melee which is what the OP is trying to do.

Having it happen on normal swings does sound like a good idea. Faster melee will build it up faster for sure, and that's fine. They are supposed to be faster than Heavy weapons, which right now is not always the case.

A solution I suppose would be to make a counterpoint mod that say, procced attack speed or damage bonus on Status chance. IE: Crit weapons get Berserker, Non-Crit weapons (which usually have higher status) have XYZ speed or Damagemod.

A solution I suppose would be to make a counterpoint mod that say, procced attack speed or damage bonus on Status chance. IE: Crit weapons get Berserker, Non-Crit weapons (which usually have higher status) have XYZ speed or Damagemod.

This would be fine, but some weapons do not have much of either. The OPs suggestion just puts it all in one mod that any weapon can use and does the same thing consistently across all weapons.