Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan & Dojo 3.0 Ideas, Suggestions & Changes

Volzien

Thread Updated: [03/18/18]

[Minor Additions]

• Added Clan member contribution tracking under additions.
  • Added another minor milestone

OP Intro

So as we all know most, if not all of these ideas/suggestions have been posted already but I would just like to throw my two forma in since I haven't seen any new dojo updates in quite some time. Feel free to add to this or combine it into a megathread (which we need a new one of  This has become a megathread) Also excuse my lack of posts. I mostly just lurk here and on the Warframe Reddit. I'm not sure if some of  this should be posted here or in fan concepts so I'll post it here for now.

Thread Goals

• Collect ideas and concepts to improve the Dojo/Clans.

• Improve upon existing ideas with more details and tweaks.

• Create a thread that shows how we as a community would like Dojo/Clans 3.0 to be.

Thread Achievements/Milestones

• The OP reached popular status. Thanks guys!
  • This thread has the most replies in the dojo feedback section and is second right now in views. Keep it going!
  • This thread is halfway to 1K replies, Thank you everyone for your input and feedback thus far!

[X] 1K views [X] 5K views [X] 10K views [X] 20K views [ ] 50K views   [   ] ???   

I can't believe this thread has made it over 10K views! Lets keep this thing going!   

We now have over 15K views on this thread, lets keep these ideas rolling!  We've almost hit the next milestone.

Oh wow a bit overdue but 20K views on this! Lets keep progressing.  

Idea Categories

<General Feedback, Ideas & Changes>

• Option to view inventory/mods/arsenal in dojos. Relays currently have this. [ADDED] [Update 22.16.0 added Arsenal view ]
  • More space windows added into existing rooms and hallways
  • More polychrome colors
  • Adjustable lighting
  • Ability to polychrome every room in the dojo at once
  • Allow the merging of corridors to get rid of unnecessary doors
    •  Ability to hide and re-show unused red doorways
  • Getting rid of the parent/child room system in favor of a wayfinding system. allowing any room to be deleted as long as there are alternate routes.  
  • Combine the barracks into one up-gradable set of barracks, with each rank adding more cryopods and design to the overall room
  • Upgrade-able clan halls besides having to build multiple clan halls
  • Dojo Interior Themes
  • Creative/Free camera mode for better decoration placement [ADDED Update 22.16.0]

[UPDATE]: The decoration system has been overhauled thanks to Liset/Orbitor decoration gaining popularity.

• Store existing decorations and the ability to move decorations and those awaiting resources around
  •  Changes to Clan Event Trophies
    •  The top part of the trophy that displays the event-related entity should always colored and textured so it turns out to be a scale model of the real thing. The pedestal can stay grey, a plaque that is on the trophy can be what's Terracotta/Bronze/Silver/Gold. Approaching the trophy on the side that has this plaque brings up a panel that says: "EVENTNAME Clan Participants"
  • Different elevator types Ex: Lift elevator on Corpus Europa tilesets that run diagonally up/down or dojo parkour areas
  • Different types of dueling arenas
    • (More participants, larger dueling field, cover, etc...) Set spar rules for each dueling room. (No energy spawn, banning certain weapon types or specific weapons in a room but allowing them in another, etc..)
  • Change Obsevatory room into Relay Dojo Misson Control. Allowing squads and missions to be formed in the dojo [ADDED]
  • Player built decorations, rooms, features, etc via Steam Workshop (Tennogen)
  • More interactable decorations / more decoration detail.
    • Examples
      • Conclave room stone lanterns have fire while the ones in the dojo have not received the same treatment [UPDATE]  22.16.0 added in placeable effects. A bit of a work around but you can add fire to these.
      • Relay trees and shrubs are potted 
  • Clan seniority recognition.  Update 20.6.0 : Added Clan member contribution tracking.
    • Example
      • Have a board in the HoH [Hall of Honor] that shows clan member list, how long they have been with the clan, donations, etc
  • Clan editable message board as placeable decoration
  • Statue in HoH changed to giant rotating clan logo
  • Dojo music
  • Codex wall art decor
  • Obstacle course times for clan members no longer resets, unless a member with a score on the board leaves the clan then it re ranks the board accordingly.
  • Being able to switch between Warframe and Operator while in the Dojo.

<New Rooms>

Dojo Docking Station [Spawn Area]

Acts like the Relay Docking Station, providing a spawn point and entry way into the Dojo

Cephalon Core Room [Cephalon Oracle?]

Replaces Oracle Room as prerequisite for labs.

The cephalon greets Tenno entering the dojo and like Ordis, lets you know when clan research is finished or when new research has been added. Maybe alert those with architect roles if the dojo is nearing energy capacity for another idea.

Snow Themed Garden

Room features sculptures crafted by Tenno artisans from cryotic, including a frozen river with gentle snowfall.

Snowfall in the winter tactical alert. Could use for the snow themed garden.

Spoiler

HFCNM13.jpg

Drum Performance Room/Garden

Room or garden that contains every drum or other tenno musical crafts with areas for sitting

Dojo Simulacrum

An area that combines the Simularcrum with the obstacle course. Spawns certain maps with various attributes like for example a map that has a lot of  parkour elements and another could have little to none. You could add a timer/countdown for recording times/improving speeds  and you're able to change what enemies spawn in or if to spawn any at all. (faction, level, eximus, aggressive, etc). Make a basic shooting range to having to navigate a parkour map with enemies and then you could up the ante by also having to shoot targets along the way

.Archwing obstacle course (Target practice and maneuver training)

Clan Vault / Treasury Room [Dead End Room]

Provides another way to donate resources to a clan without donating to a certain decoration, room or research. Clan members have a way to also withdraw resources. A list would show who added what to the vault and how much. Clan members could put in a request and those that have vault interaction privileges could grant them or decline them. (All of this would be logged to those with the appropriate rank to view )

EX. Inbox message from [Clan Name] Cephalon [Oracle?]

Your request has been verified and fulfilled by [Clan Rank] [Player Name] and logged into my database.

The items you have requested have been deposited below.

Tenno Aquarium/Terrarium [Codex]

Different planet habitats like the deserts of Phobos, forests of Earth and the frozen lands of Europa. Would make for interesting "dead end" type room. Clan objectives to seek out different wildlife to scan/capture them when the wildlife faction gets fleshed out more to add them to the different habitats. Could even add in certain fauna as well.

Clan/Alliance War Room [Dead End Room]

Meeting area for clans and alliances complete with sitting areas

Arcade Room [Dead End Room]

Houses games like Flappy Zephyr and Wyrmius  with a clan leaderboard like the obstacle course

Meditation Room [Dead End Room]

Mediating in this room grants a small random booster that has a reduced duration. 24HR Cooldown

Dojo Clan Shop

Members would be able to purchase the clan badge and other clan related items here like clan cosmetics or sigils.

Example of possible items:

A type of firework or deployable holographic display that displays the clan emblem when used.

Now that we have glyphs, it can use that system but with a clan logo.

Upgrades to the clan badge  (Put a frame around it that could change with how long you've been with the clan or changes with the rank 

Giant Ayatan Sculptures 

<New Features & Suggestions>

Clan challenges/events and prizes

The ability to set daily, weekly, or monthly prizes and challenges to certain areas of the dojo (Obstacle Course  and Dueling rooms for example) Prizes could range from a rare mod, prime part, credit amount, platinum etc supplied by clan leader or those with access to those functions

K'O [X] amount of opponents in the dueling room, Get the fastest obstacle course time in a certain set period, etc

Could also attach rewards to earlier clan arcade suggestion, having to do with the leaderboards for certain games.

Clan Dojo Defense

One of the enemy factions have located your dojo and intend to attack, defend your dojo and have your clan name feared through the system.

Dojo could be upgraded with weapon systems, turrets, etc

Failing to defend your dojo would not have any negative effects or very minimal as the time would be random.

Defend your dojo on foot against ground troops or archwing to the invading vessel, and destroy it

<Changes & Additions Implemented>

11/29/16 ] Inventory and mods can now be viewed in the Dojo! Much needed, thanks! [DE]

[   ?/?/??  ] Custom clan mission builder, will be coming some time after TWW [The War Within] UPDATE: This has probably evolved into the new kingpin system, "Enemy Cells" discussed  in Devstream #87

[ Update 20.6.0] Added Clan member contribution tracking

<Devstream Info>

[ Devstream #84 12/09/16 ]  - Damage 3.0 and Dojos are serious conversations that will be happening next year.  (Taken from #84 Overview)

[ Devstream #85 01/06/17 ]  More decorations will be coming (Answer to chat question) [Timestamp 49:44]

[ Devstream #87 02/03/17 ]   Kingpin system coming soon! Currently named ''Enemy Cells''. Your clan, based on size, generates an enemy organization, led by a random faction with a procedurally generated kingpin. You have to work with your clan to undermine the organization and take them down. Warlords are able to slightly modify the missions and get some choice freedom on what kinds of missions to do to fight the enemy. Mixes in out-of-mission interactions like buying off informants, the enemy moving against your clan/dojo, etc. [Steve explains in Stream Timestamp 52:11] 

[ Devstream #88 02/03/17 ]  Taken from Devstream 88 Overview

[ Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.16.0 ] Dojo Remaster. Added Grineer and Corpus style decorations, while improving the decoration placement system and adding navigation and arsenal to dojos.

Kingpin Progress

The below gif showcases the room you’ll need to build in your Dojo to be able to access the coming Enemy Cells system. Any progression you make to take down the King Pin will be reflected here for all of your Clan mates; this will be a collaborative effort, not something that you take on by yourself (unless you’re in a Solo clan, that’s cool).

Several different approaches will be available for you to take down the Kingpin, but Clans can go down several branches through coordination with added benefits.

Clans are also going to have ranks in the future, which will determine what kind of Enemy Cells you can go after. Activity within the Clan determines your rank: the more Cells you defeat, the more Structures you build, the more Research completed, etc. – all of these contribute to your clan’s Affinity, which will retroactively be added to your rank when this is implemented.

Also reminded us that one of 2017's pillars is to make clans great again! Since this system is currently in development, make sure to leave your thoughts about what you like and don't like!

<Thank You & End Statement>

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far! There has been some great ideas and suggestions. Hopefully some of these get looked at and considered. I'll try and update this post with new suggestions when the thread populates with new ideas. Look and see if your suggestion has been added. I might have merged your idea together with another suggestion.  I will be browsing through other threads and trying to link them back here as well.

While I love our relays, the dojo system has really felt like its really been forgotten about as we've been through various updates and the dojo hasn't received anything new yet. I started out by myself building my dojo up and even I am starting to only visit for starting new research and trades. I'd hate to see all of that work putting the whole thing together go to waste. Most of us just want to make our dojos pretty and awesome looking.  

Edited by Volzien
Added new tidbits of info and updates

I really like these ideas too. I don't know if I am the only one who would like more "dead end" type rooms (rooms with only one entrance/exit) or the option to when adding a room choosing how many doors it has. I feel the need to have a room with doors that go somewhere instead of a room with those glaring red doors XD. I kinda like the idea of a Tenno themed aquarium (like that in the codex's art gallery), a dead end garden or a lounging area. It feels kinda odd to have sparring rooms at every door where there isn't anything else to put behind.

I really like these ideas too. I don't know if I am the only one who would like more "dead end" type rooms (rooms with only one entrance/exit) or the option to when adding a room choosing how many doors it has. I feel the need to have a room with doors that go somewhere instead of a room with those glaring red doors XD. I kinda like the idea of a Tenno themed aquarium (like that in the codex's art gallery), a dead end garden or a lounging area. It feels kinda odd to have sparring rooms at every door where there isn't anything else to put behind.

we definitely need more dead end rooms, i'm sick already of filling all those dead ends with arenas : P

Edited by Orbister

Great ideas, I'd love to see all of them implemented! I do find it sad that the Dojo is so underutilized currently, there's a lot of potential for it to be a great social hub, if DE gives it some TLC.

Edited by Azimuth64

Great idea! That would make some of the rooms look a lot nicer. I think adding the function to 'hide' unused doorways would be nice but also be able to re-show them just in case a new room is made available or  if you decide to build off that room in the future. I'll add this to the OP. The Tenno codex aquarium or even a terrarium (Different planet habitats like the deserts of Phobos, forests of Earth and the frozen lands of Europa which could use some of that cryotic I have building up) would make for interesting "dead end" rooms.

Maybe after they are done working on the underwater tileset, they will have more assets to make our awesome aquarium. Maybe have clan objectives  to look out for different wildlife to scan/capture when wildlife gets fleshed out more, some being harder to find then others to add to the habitats.

I think adding the function to 'hide' unused doorways would be nice but also be able to re-show them just in case a new room is made available or  if you decide to build off that room in the future. I'll add this to the OP. The Tenno codex aquarium or even a terrarium (Different planet habitats like the deserts of Phobos, forests of Earth and the frozen lands of Europa which could use some of that cryotic I have building up) would make for interesting "dead end" rooms.

Maybe after they are done working on the underwater tileset, they will have more assets to make our awesome aquarium. Maybe have clan objectives  to look out for different wildlife to scan/capture when wildlife gets fleshed out more, some being harder to find then others to add to the habitats.

Being able to hide doorways would be awesome. I just ended up tacking on reactors where I didn't need anything else to be added.

I hadn't even considered the possibility of adding underwater tiles to the Dojo, and while it would be pretty cool, I'm not really sure how it would work since they'll require Sharkwing, unless they just did decorative samples of the underwater environment.

The idea of having habitats that you could add scanned wildlife to is equally intriguing, though I will admit I would hope for more functional utility rooms and an overhauled obstacle course first.

Still, great ideas! I'm very curious to see what DE does with them moving forward. :3

Its already time for dojo 2.0 (or 2.5) 

Definitely would be dojo 2.5 or 3.0 update since we are currently on 2.0. I wish I was building a clan around initial release though. That old tileset is beautiful!

Came to the forums to suggest message board for dojo and found this.

Thumbs up! Hope they add the message board since I often want to talk to clanmates but they're rarely on.

All these other ideas are pretty neat! Hope they get added.

Edited by WindKitsune

Minor suggestion: The trophy room, that giant ugly statue, why not be able to replace it with the hologram of your clan emblem, and occasionally show various clan member Tenno with their name beneath it? 

Another suggestion I'd like to add is to make decoration placing a lot easier.

To elaborate currently I'm finding it a pain to align a decoration with the correct rotation, place it, then find out its not where i wanted it to be because of my view. Going through all those menus to set, place, destroy, repeat can be very frustrating.

If a "creative" mode was implemented so that it was a free camera for a better view and you can move decorations after being placed but before resources have been contributed I'm sure would make a lot of architects jobs a lot easier.

Minor suggestion: The trophy room, that giant ugly statue, why not be able to replace it with the hologram of your clan emblem, and occasionally show various clan member Tenno with their name beneath it? 

I believe the original idea was to have the statue be the most-used warframe of the highest-ranked clan member. I'm not sure if this functionality was fully implemented, though.

To elaborate currently I'm finding it a pain to align a decoration with the correct rotation, place it, then find out its not where i wanted it to be because of my view. Going through all those menus to set, place, destroy, repeat can be very frustrating.

If a "creative" mode was implemented so that it was a free camera for a better view and you can move decorations after being placed but before resources have been contributed I'm sure would make a lot of architects jobs a lot easier.

Agreed. The placement system definitely needs an overhaul. I'm OCD about my decoration placements, and usually try to align them with the room's architecture. Of course, this ends with me placing the decoration five times with no tangible point of reference for making adjustments each time. :c

The current one isn't completely unusable, it's just difficult and time consuming when you're being very careful and deliberate with decoration placement, even with grid snapping enabled.

I believe the original idea was to have the statue be the most-used warframe of the highest-ranked clan member. I'm not sure if this functionality was fully implemented, though.

Ah, okay. 

.... Hologram better. :>

I actually like this idea. As it was already stated the original idea was to have the highest ranked frame in the clan as the statue but as of now all of us have to be content with staring at Loki all day.  I think the holographic clan emblems from the solar rail could be used there since they are quite large(should it spin around?). This would give the HoH more attachment to your clan as a whole. I don't know how they would cycle out clan members beneath it though. I'll add this to the OP.

I can't believe I missed that one. Decoration placement does indeed need a few tweaks and additions. A creative mode or free camera placement mode (maybe use something like a debug cam?) would help a lot since I also end up having to delete decorations because my view affected my positioning. The ability to just store existing decorations and move built/non-built items later would be less time consuming and easier on everyone. I'll add this to the OP as well.

Keep them coming guys! These are good suggestions/ideas :D

Edited by Volzien

how about hanging pictures, using fan concept art from the codex?

Also to be able to isolate sections if their linked by transporters, eliminating the need for elevators.

I like the picture idea for another decoration. But how would one get to the isolated section to place a transporter?

hey can i just add some ting that i might think is important to correct!!

I'm the lucky owner of a Excalibur prime but when i look under the clan/Dojo stats and look on the clan/dojo members, I only appear as a normal excalibur.

just a thing that i wanted to point out to help

Codex art decoration would be really neat.There is a lot of space on the walls and the number of wall decor available is very small.  The problem with isolating rooms with transporters would be how the parent/child room system works so that would have to be changed. You would have to delete the room you were wanting to isolate in order to delete the hall/connector/room that is connected to it. While I like the idea, I wouldn't really want it implemented. Reason being is that I wouldn't want the transporter in the isolated room to bug out somehow and be unusable or have someone who would think it would be super hilarious to delete said transporter, making the room inaccessible.

Codex art decoration would be really neat.There is a lot of space on the walls and the number of wall decor available is very small. The problem with isolating rooms with transporters would be how the parent/child room system works so that would have to be changed. You would have to delete the room you were wanting to isolate in order to delete the hall/connector/room that is connected to it. While I like the idea, I wouldn't really want it implemented. Reason being is that I wouldn't want the transporter in the isolated room to bug out somehow and be unusable or have someone who would think it would be super hilarious to delete said transporter, making the room inaccessible.

I couldn't have said it any better myself