Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan & Dojo 3.0 Ideas, Suggestions & Changes

Volzien

A good fix in the largest gardens would be nice as we can't place items in them apart from a rare few spots, it annoys me a lot not to be able to place those red trees in the red leaves garden or those small islands in the aquatic gardens. Also i think that the small gardens are very limited in capacity, can't place much inside them.

More placeable furniture would be nice as well because all these large Dojo rooms feel very empty. It could include:

*more statues (tenno statues) and even that big exca prime statue that is inside orokin derelicts,

*variants of the the trees with tenno flowerpots so we don't have trees growing out of the flat metal floor

*more size variants of the existing furniture, let's have giants dragons and buddhas

*see those round plates that allow us to kneel ? Please allow us to place these anywhere we want.

Yeah that actually annoys me with the gardens as well. I don't mind putting stuff in the garden to fill it but man is it hard to find those few spots so we need more placement freedom. The plants and trees in the relays are actually potted so it shouldn't  be too much to ask to move that over to the dojo. Placeable tenno statues would  be neat. though if we ever got a vault room I'd hope the excal prime statue would be in there. I believe the dojo 1.0 tileset used to have the kneeling pads in a lot of its rooms but giving it to us as a place able decoration would be nice.

Quick note - I check in on the Dojo forum regularly and try to direct others to this thread. I figure this way we can make this a megathread of current suggestions and ideas rather than have the same ideas suggested over and over throughout 20 different topics.

Quick note - I check in on the Dojo forum regularly and try to direct others to this thread. I figure this way we can make this a megathread of current suggestions and ideas rather than have the same ideas suggested over and over throughout 20 different topics.

I honestly didn't think this thread would blow up like it did because of that, but you're right. It would be better to make this into a megathread since I've noticed its been staying near the top of the posted threads lately. Thanks for redirecting people to this thread.

i wish this feedback catagory got more traffic, i feel like a lot of the community doesnt even know they want this yet or maybe gave up on dojos because there is nothing to do in them. i would love all these ideas, especially entering the dojo the same way as the relays. a small video clip add so much realism.

more rooms with windows and more helpers (cephalons and sentinels) would make it feel less lonely too. more customization in general and more stuff to do, mini games, course races break the targets all sound wonderful. 

i wish this feedback catagory got more traffic, i feel like a lot of the community doesnt even know they want this yet or maybe gave up on dojos because there is nothing to do in them. i would love all these ideas, especially entering the dojo the same way as the relays. a small video clip add so much realism.

more rooms with windows and more helpers (cephalons and sentinels) would make it feel less lonely too. more customization in general and more stuff to do, mini games, course races break the targets all sound wonderful. 

Mhmmmmmm. It's unfortunate that this forum isn't frequented as often as Players Helping Players or the other feedback forums. There's a lot of potential in the Dojos, and I really hope that DE uses some of these ideas in the next iteration.

i wish this feedback catagory got more traffic, i feel like a lot of the community doesnt even know they want this yet or maybe gave up on dojos because there is nothing to do in them. 

Pretty much this. Like I said in a earlier post, if not for trading and clan research almost every dojo would be empty. Don't get me wrong The relays are awesome, nice and shiny and there are tons of things to do there but the thing is as we all the dojo got put even further on the back burner. The shooting range/vr rooms we've been asking for our dojos? Relay. I know clans will be able to get space in relays soon as sort of a recruitment center but I'd just like to have a space where I don't have to see random spam and such and still be able to do a ton of things there and enjoy myself with my henchme- er I mean fellow clan mates. Unless dojo 3.0 changes over to the relay tileset and we can deck it out from scratch I'd be mostly fine with that. Until then I'd like some new toys for my dojo. 

Also I've been thinking more about the obstacle course. I'm a very generous warlord  and I think it would be awesome to set up weekly rewards or rewards in general like a mod/skin/weapon/credits/etc to however has the highest time that week or so. Of course any way of cheating the course would have to be fixed but the idea of in house contests seems pretty fun and could bring more people to their dojos.

Pretty much this. Like I said in a earlier post, if not for trading and clan research almost every dojo would be empty. Don't get me wrong The relays are awesome, nice and shiny and there are tons of things to do there but the thing is as we all the dojo got put even further on the back burner. The shooting range/vr rooms we've been asking for our dojos? Relay. I know clans will be able to get space in relays soon as sort of a recruitment center but I'd just like to have a space where I don't have to see random spam and such and still be able to do a ton of things there and enjoy myself with my henchme- er I mean fellow clan mates. Unless dojo 3.0 changes over to the relay tileset and we can deck it out from scratch I'd be mostly fine with that. Until then I'd like some new toys for my dojo. 

Also I've been thinking more about the obstacle course. I'm a very generous warlord  and I think it would be awesome to set up weekly rewards or rewards in general like a mod/skin/weapon/credits/etc to however has the highest time that week or so. Of course any way of cheating the course would have to be fixed but the idea of in house contests seems pretty fun and could bring more people to their dojos.

Like I said, the Dojo has a lot of potential. There's a literal plethora - as evidenced by this thread - of things that could be done with it. Everything from Simulacrum rooms to tournament rooms, meeting halls, relays, even the Cephalon Room (re: replacement of Oracle Room), and so on. The idea of having a space that a clan can customize entirely is amazing, and you could do SO MUCH with it.

The problem, as you said, is that the Dojo is apparently on the back burner. It needs a major overhaul - I'm fine with most of the current tileset, personally, but it needs more variety. It needs more things to engage clan members. Right now, it's basically trading and research, as you said. And let's face it - that's boring as hell.

I even saw other people coming up with ideas like Dojo Invasions - For instance, say that the Infested specimens in the Bio Lab were to break out of containment? The Dojo itself could host a clan-level Invasion mission where people have to spawn in and fight off the Infested. Rewards could be things like Research unlocks, rewards, trophy decorations, and if DE wanted more variety, maybe even unlock upgrades to the Labs themselves or entirely new rooms. DE has mentioned that they're looking into dedicated hosting for Dojos, so having Dojo invasions that are more or less endless (with optional extraction somewhere), you could have more than 4 people on and fighting within the same mission instance.

Consider this, too - You want to engage your clan members, so you suggested rewards for the fastest obstacle course time in a week, right? Why not extend it further? If the clan has a Simulacrum room that reported battle statistics, you could offer rewards for people that, say, manage to kill 20 level 40 Manics in the least amount of time. Also, consider that the current Simulacrum requires completed Codex scans for enemies that you spawn. Well, why not use the Clan Codex concept I outlined here? Anything scanned and available within the Clan Codex could be available within the Clan Simulacrum, as managed by the Clan Cephalon?

The potential within the Dojo system is limitless - it just needs some time and some love invested in it by DE, and we could do a TON of cool stuff. No, it's not on the same scale as the Relays, and it shouldn't be. The point of the Dojo is to provide a hub or home base for clan activities, things that allow members to interact on a larger scale than missions but a smaller scale than Relays. As it stands, the Dojo isn't bad, it's simply underutilized.

Edited by Azimuth64

The potential within the Dojo system is limitless - it just needs some time and some love invested in it by DE, and we could do a TON of cool stuff. No, it's not on the same scale as the Relays, and it shouldn't be. The point of the Dojo is to provide a hub or home base for clan activities, things that allow members to interact on a larger scale than missions but a smaller scale than Relays. As it stands, the Dojo isn't bad, it's simply underutilized.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Consider this, too - You want to engage your clan members, so you suggested rewards for the fastest obstacle course time in a week, right? Why not extend it further? If the clan has a Simulacrum room that reported battle statistics, you could offer rewards for people that, say, manage to kill 20 level 40 Manics in the least amount of time. Also, consider that the current Simulacrum requires completed Codex scans for enemies that you spawn. Well, why not use the Clan Codex concept I outlined here? Anything scanned and available within the Clan Codex could be available within the Clan Simulacrum, as managed by the Clan Cephalon?

I love that idea, which makes me love this thread even more. Maybe with Dev Stream #52 tomorrow someone will ask some dojo related questions. The dev stream thread closes at 10 a.m. EDT. They are mostly going to be talking about Parkour 2.0  but the thread is taking general questions as well. I suggest everyone head there and leave a dojo related question. If I get a chance to I'll post one and link back this thread. Feel free to also do so.

Edited by Volzien

I love that idea, which makes me love this thread even more. Maybe with Dev Stream #52 tomorrow someone will ask some dojo related questions. The dev stream thread closes at 10 a.m. EDT. They are mostly going to be talking about Parkour 2.0  but the thread is taking general questions as well. I suggest everyone head there and leave a dojo related question. If I get a chance to I'll post one and link back this thread. Feel free to also do so.

Unfortunately, I didn't see this response until today. D: Not a bad idea, though! Maybe we can try and wiggle some stuff in for the next stream after 16.5.

Ah that is quite alright since I never got a chance to leave a question myself. I will definitely try to leave a few when the  devstream  #53 thread pops up. It would help us bring a little traffic into this area of the forums too and we really do need it here. I'm even pretty sure they forgot all about the poll they put up here back in October since I've seen nothing come from it. :<

I hope that it's okay for me to add my ideas to the thread.

- First thing: I think adding resources to the vault is a fantastic idea! I have a dojo with nearly all of the research completed, an obstacle course, a dueling room, a grand hall, 4 power stations, yadda-yadda - I built the entire thing nearly by myself. It would have been nice if my friend that log in sporadically could have contributed. (Note I've since had help doing the research).

- The idea to do races is perfect too or mini games that promote friendly competitions.

+ There should be an obstacle course or timed mission for archwings in the Dojo - I personally like the Archwing, but there's nearly nothing to do with them once you've completed bout 5 missions. let me set challenges and compete in maneuverability challenges and accuracy challenges with my friends.   

+ A firing and target training range. I suppose that this is similar to the Simulacrum in concept, but perhaps a dumbed-down version? Crafting it could take several additional simulacrum keys, making the scanning more valuable to high level players. At the very least - it would allow lower level player to test loadout options in a safe environment. I think adding a mastery rank style target and tracking area with a 'high score' aspect would be great for clan bragging rights as well. It could even be divided by level, rank, damage type, etc.

+ Clan challenges and prizes. I would love to have the ability to set daily, weekly, or monthly prizes and challenges for my team. Example: I could add a rare mod, prime part, credit amount, etc. to an area of the Dojo and it would have a clan challenge attached to it. "The fastest time for killing boss X receives prize Y." These challenges could range from monthly timed events to daily goals or tasks. It could be similar to invasions where the rewards are given after the event expires. The events could be from challenging to silly, boss fights, resource contributions, damage dealt, longest wall runs, longest time spent on a mission, most plastids farmed, etc. 

+ An arcade area that features more mini games like Wyrmius... do this and give us leader boards that we can attach rewards to.

+ A store hub that has all of the functionality of the Market in the Liset. This along with a mission hub similar to the relays (as stated previously.)

+ An agility and weapons training room. I would love to have a place where new players and more experienced trainers could go to learn new techniques. If this were tied into my previous firing range idea it would be perfect! You could allow senior members to receive badges and rewards for spending time training others - "Today's lesson is how to helicopter/wall run shoot/slide attack/reverse switch wall run/kill manics/use Vauban/etc" It can be stressful when you're the guy with the Paris MK-1 and the lvl 10 Volt in a mission with Mastery Rank 8 guys. It's nice to learn the hard way, but it's always better to have a little guidance without worrying about falling over every 3 seconds.

That's about all that I have right now, so what do you guys think?

@ArabTRWist - By all means, please contribute! We've been trying to set this up as a megathread for ideas. I'm not sure if Volzien is still actively updating the original post with suggestions, if not, I can start a new topic as the "new" megathread for Dojo ideas.

In regards to your suggestions - All of these are fantastic ideas. I think the training range / agility & weapons room would both fall under a Dojo Simulacrum, but, as you said, it needs to have additional functionality added to make it even more useful for specific purposes (personally, I want to be able to edit my loadout / mods and not only be able to select from predefined loadouts).

Also, total nerd thought here, but in regards to the Archwing practice area, I completely agree. Perhaps this could fall under Simulacrum as well (I've made other posts suggesting multiple level types in the Simulacrum) but if not, it would be kind of fun to be able to practice Archwing in space outside the Dojo space station itself. Obviously the complexities of the tileset mean the exterior wouldn't necessarily match the custom interior, but even just a general space station from the outside would be neat to fly and practice around.

Yes I'm still here lol I was about to update the OP but the new event got me a little sidetracked. 

@ArabTRWist its more than okay, its really awesome that you have things to add! It helps keeps this thread alive so by all means keep coming up with things. It helps us add on to ours as well. I'll add in some of your suggestions to the OP.

Archwing outside the station would be awesome but I think if it were to ever be added it would in a Simulacrum type setting.

Edit: I just updated the OP.

Edited by Volzien

Few things:

This thread has almost been viewed 1000 times as of this post. That is awesome! Hopefully this thread can keep chugging along and  hopefully catches someones attention. Though I know everyone is a bit busy with the event and tactical alert.

+ Being able to choose where your dojo is located (by that i mean around what planet it orbits.)

+ Player quarters in the barracks is what I've been seeing in some of these threads. Would be nice for players to have another place to decorate until we can play around in the orbiter.

+ Meditation room expanding on more dead end type rooms. Maybe grant a small affinity boost (or random booster) for 30 mins with a 24 hour reset?

+ Dojo spy/surveillance room. Just an interesting room really. Could have monitors around the room showing footage from different maps and locations and have radio chatter like the liset. (now that I think about it this could be merged with the dojo mission control room.)

For those contributing to this thread please continue to do so, to those that are now viewing it please feel free to expand on any ideas already posted or add your own. Feedback on how to make ideas work better are always appreciated.

For every Tenno already in a Clan would be great to have a room as base camp where Tennos start instead of being in the liset.

A room with everything like in the liset, but with a room appearence (with stars view on the roof top or a big window) and not a ship appearence. Tenno that are not in a Clan maintain the liset as base camp. This room would be just one for all the tenno in that Clan, but when you enter, you will load and find your personal one like when you go back to liset right now.

What about a sigil gallery in dojos ? Clan members could donate their boss sigils and after a set amount of it it would be displayed as a clan trophy, in a frame or some kind of holographic projector for example. Then they would proceed to get another one.

For every Tenno already in a Clan would be great to have a room as base camp where Tennos start instead of being in the liset.

A room with everything like in the liset, but with a room appearence (with stars view on the roof top or a big window) and not a ship appearence. Tenno that are not in a Clan maintain the liset as base camp. This room would be just one for all the tenno in that Clan, but when you enter, you will load and find your personal one like when you go back to liset right now.

An interesting idea, though I personally would prefer my Liset still. That being said, the Dojo definitely needs to be more customizable.

What about a sigil gallery in dojos ? Clan members could donate their boss sigils and after a set amount of it it would be displayed as a clan trophy, in a frame or some kind of holographic projector for example. Then they would proceed to get another one.

Ooh, I like that idea! Would be fantastic to have actual trophies in the Hall of Honor like this. Or maybe even add a "Sigil Projector" decoration that can be customized to display holographic images of either various boss Sigils the clan has acquired or just one.

The best part is that being able to fund a "sigil project" to unlock sigils for use in the Dojo as trophies would help get rid of all the duplicate sigils we end up collecting.

I made a topic about my idea, but it was suggested I also mention it here. The way I see it dojo construction would be a lot more user friendly if we could access a map screen where we could place everything all at once, following all restrictions like reactors. Once a plan was made we could lock it in, letting the game place the pieces as we fund them. When one section is done, the next piece would already be waiting for resources. This way we already know everything fits the way we want so we don't end up getting stuck due to room height or outdated information about layouts.

Edited by JVargo

I made a topic about my idea, but it was suggested I also mention it here. The way I see it dojo construction would be a lot more user friendly if we could access a map screen where we could place everything all at once, following all restrictions like reactors. Once a plan was made we could lock it in, letting the game place the pieces as we fund them. When one section is done, the next piece would already be waiting for resources. This way we already know everything fits the way we want so we don't end up getting stuck due to room height or outdated information about layouts.

Thanks for posting your idea here its awesome. It remember reading your post when you made it but I never got the chance to reply to it. Your idea reminds me of a dojo planner that someone came up with but I'm pretty sure its outdated now. I will be adding this to the OP.

Ooh, I like that idea! Would be fantastic to have actual trophies in the Hall of Honor like this. Or maybe even add a "Sigil Projector" decoration that can be customized to display holographic images of either various boss Sigils the clan has acquired or just one.

The best part is that being able to fund a "sigil project" to unlock sigils for use in the Dojo as trophies would help get rid of all the duplicate sigils we end up collecting.

This could be very very interesting and awesome if done right. More ways to fill up the HoH besides getting the recent participation trophies would be a nice touch.