Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan & Dojo 3.0 Ideas, Suggestions & Changes

Volzien

Something small that I think would vastly improve trading:

Let us see our inventory/mods from the dojo, it's sort of annoying when I can't think of everything I have to sell then I have to make trips back and forth to the liset just to see if I have the one mod/part a guy is asking for, then lose the trade in the time it takes to check.

what do ppl think about making dojo as a playable map?

we starts off with archwings to fight off dojo defense system

enters through observatory

have a conclave type pvp between clan members (need conclave equipments set to enter the dojo anyway)

the goal is to destroy solar rail or all the reactors before time runs out.

Ability to fund all decorations from the room's control panel. Seems *very* easy to implement, since the room already keeps track of which decorations "belong" to it (Evident from inability to place decoration started in one room in another.

Seriously though, even one of these ideas would substantially increase the value of the dojos.

I have an Idea that is more centered towards a clan rather than specifically the Dojo but could be tied in with the dojo in the form of adding a new room so here goes. A room that is used to Co-ordinate and log missions done with clan mates so for e.g if you do a mission with 3 or More clan mates a small percentage (even if its just 1%) of resources and credits earned during a mission gets added to the clans Vualt and their can be some leaderboards showing a couple of different things like "Highest contributor of the week" for tenno that have been doing missions with clan mates during the week and have earned the clan some credits and resources, "highest overall contributor" etc etc, i'm pretty sure more could be added to this Idea but i would love to see some sort of small incentive for running missions and raids with my clan.

I cannot bump this enough. I was going to post my own ideas/rant tbh. I have a lot of stuff to add to the mix.

- I +1billion the idea of a BBS. Having a place where people can post messages that any member can read; ******having sections that Owners/Warlords can add and rename, and messages posted by Owners/Warlords to be highlighted, or for each poster's rank to have its own color. Have an option as Clan creator to have an "always on top" feature for the messages you post.****** There is currently no way for new members to know what we do/how we work/etc as a clan unless we tell them, and it shouldn't be so. Adding clans without a BBS in the first place, in my opinion, was a huge mistake. 

- DECORATIONS. MY GOD. Can we please be able to set decorations without having to go all the way back into [menu/decorations/place decoration] every time we want to place something new or we need to place something again that we *just* removed? Editing is the same. In some of my long "decorating sessions", I'll be gritting my teeth at how much time I'm wasting going back into the bloody menu. Does DE even play their own game? I'm pretty sure if they tried decorating an entire Dojo with the current system they have going, they'd scream "HOLY S**T" and change it to ^ this. 

Why not give us the option to move a decoration that we've placed whether it is complete or incomplete?

Give us the option to contribute for stuff we placed on the spot instead of having to go back to the menu for the 100th time in 20 decorations.

Let us change the size of decorations we have already placed. 

Let us RECOLOR decorations we've placed. Red-leaved trees are very nice, but I'd like to have green-leaved ones to, or Autumn-colors for them. This thought led me to think "Why can't we recolor everything?" It would be nice, but it's not a priority. 

I know this one was said before above, but give us the option to store completed decorations, so we don't have to build them from scratch later. 

And PLEASE let us change our camera view to see something from different angles, because this is especially useful for when you're placing two objects that need to be mirrored but you need to keep removing it/replacing it 10 times because it's slightly off. 

- Japanse-cultured theme? Is it just me or over 50% of the decorations are oriented towards their culture? I understand that they have sweet one, and I love it too, and I love using their stuff, but... but this has nothing to do with the Tenno. We're space ninjas. The last remnants of humanity's warriors. We should have a Tenno culture, not a Japanese culture-- OR, give us stuff to build from other cultures too. Give us variety. I like Japanese culture, but you're giving us only that as though the last remnants of humanity are literally Japanese folk. Which WOULD make pretty intriguing lore (?).

- Banner colors. A shot in the dark here, but I honestly don't think you can change your banners' color. I think maaaaybe it changes with room colors, but I haven't started coloring yet so I don't know for sure. Thing is, my clan emblem is dark, and it reaaaaally doesn't suit the banners' theme. You should see our Hall of Honor; with the amount of banners there, it looks... well, not very nice, to the point where I even tried removing some. DE plz. 

- Bumping something I know was said above, and 1000x in other topics, but... I don't want red doors in a place I plan to leave as a dead end. Can we have dead end rooms, or rooms with only 1 door at the end, kind of like the smaller halls? I'd use those if I could build them more than once, but I can't, and my dojo is pretty big. OR give us the option to hide doors and make them look like a normal wall without their mini-hall leading to them, something that we could do to make it look nicer until we build a new room due to updates, etc. 

DE PLZ! PLZ, DE! Plz...

Edited by Stone772

An option for polychome to apply to all rooms or to a selected group of rooms instead of having to colour each room individually would be nice

More colours (prisma animated colours for lights etc?)

Dojo themes i.e corpus / grineer / void or infested or a combo of styles.

The ability to add resources in addition to credits to the treasury.

a dojo decorating mode that allows camera switching, placing/editing and funding multiple items at once.

what do ppl think about making dojo as a playable map?

we starts off with archwings to fight off dojo defense system

enters through observatory

have a conclave type pvp between clan members (need conclave equipments set to enter the dojo anyway)

the goal is to destroy solar rail or all the reactors before time runs out.

Having some sort of Clan vs Clan invasion and fighting inside their own Dojo would actually be a brilliant idea! *thumbs up*

DE could put a restriction such as "Clan must have built all Halls in order to host such a battle" so that the "stage" isn't too small. 

• 2 weeks later...

I read amazing ideas here =D

We re a dojo rework 2.0 , themes, dinamic decours , new rooms (i think in space port and a aquarium room), more space for decours, merge options, better tools for edition, smart options for replace rooms (is very irritating when rooms are blocked to destroy)  more colours , maybe textures ...

IDEA;

i would like decorations similar to the garden decorations, but match the indoor styled dojo rooms.

do you think you can add more indoor decoration concepts to your topic based on the outdoor decorations. like an indoor styled totem, gate, lantern, styles that can match the inside of the dojo. the garden decorations look cool, but they don't seem to fit. also the garden decoration that have sand around them, looks like you literally just dumped an entire clump of sand in your dojo. perhaps adding a nice metal fence around it would blend it in more.

Zipplines, 

A Bank like Trading Room, where players in the clan can store tradeble stuff with the price they want and others can get these things by paying that price (for every connect they do the lose 1 trade something like that)

Archwing Parcours 

More Instruments would be nice :P

So as we all know most, if not all of these ideas/suggestions have been posted already but I would just like to throw my two forma in since I haven't seen any new dojo updates in quite some time. Feel free to add to this or combine it into a mega thread (Which we need a new one of) Also excuse my lack of posts. I mostly just lurk here and on the Warframe Reddit. I'm not sure if some of  this should be posted here or in fan concepts so I'll post it here for now.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far! There has been some great ideas and suggestions. Hopefully some of these get looked at and considered. I'll try and update this post with new suggestions at least every two days. Look and see if your suggestion has been added. I might have merged your idea together with another suggestion.

1) Change the Observatory into the relay Mission Control room. This seems to be what everyone wants to happen. It would be nice to just launch missions from there with clan members or make it into a whole new room (Clan missions? Its weird how bosses know what clan you belong to. Maybe another way clans could earn clan sigils or trophies to fill up that hall of honor?)

I'd like for the Hall of Honor to be an actual hall instead of a glorified cross connector to allow more room to place trophies/statues.

Replace the statue in the HoH with a holographic clan emblem, occasionally show various clan member Tenno with their name beneath it. (via SR-02)

Clan seniority recognition. Have a board in the HoH that shows clan member list, how long they have been with the clan, donations, etc.. (Based on (PS4)BeefThew's Thread)

2) Change the oracle room  into maybe a clan cephalon room (Cephalon Oracle? could be a former steward of the sanctuary/ rival to Simaris which would make it very knowledgeable and would make the oracle room being a prerequisite make sense at least to me) to make the dojo seem a bit alive and less empty and to make researching make a bit of sense since I don't see any tenno in labcoats researching new murder weapons. have mini cephalons/sentinels roaming around in research labs. (This should probably be in fan concepts)

+ Have it greet Tenno entering the dojo and like Ordis, let you know when certain research is finished. Maybe alert those with architect roles if the dojo is nearing energy capacity for another idea.

3) More space windows. I want to look out into that beautiful skybox more and it would also  liven up some of the connectors/halls since walls are long and  there isn't much wall decor to choose from. (Change some of the ceiling lighting into windows instead)

4) A meeting/council room for important Tenno warlord/alliance stuff. Clan message board included? Also moving the Orokin lab solar rail functions into the room, making the Orokin lab an actual lab. A feature of the Orokin lab could be researching kubrow genetics (fur patterns? different ear/tail styles?) hence the already kub in a tube in there. Maybe prototype orokin weapons powered by void energy? no idea really on this one.

5) More decorations or more added detail/functionality to existing ones.

More decoration placement freedom (via ADUNSAVEME's Thread)

Creative/Free camera mode for better decoration placement. Store existing decorations and the ability to move decorations and those awaiting resources around. (via ECHOALPHASUD)

+ Codex art wall decorations (via (PS4)shadowwraith_666)

+ Weapon racks for general decor or for functionality, be able to change weapon loadouts in dueling rooms. The stone lanterns in the conclave room are lit while the dojo's are stone cold. relay potted plants instead of having plants growing out of nowhere in my dojo and signs.

Dojo Stone Lantern:

U81NVkR.jpg

Relay Conclave Room Stone Lantern:

Q8ah0QC.jpg

6) A vault would be nice, but maybe add something like the treasury (or add in another function to the treasury) to donate resources. (Finally a home for my ridiculous amount of nanospores!)

7) More polychrome colors! (Color all the things at once if you want instead of visiting every connector) More rooms! I'd be fine with more interesting garden rooms (winter theme garden? It would be nice to spend some of my hoarded cryotic on something)  even or a two man race to the finish obstacle course or a shooting range course with targets spawning in randomly or in set locations like SSB (Super Smash Brothers), "Break the Targets" kind of deal.

Larger assortment of dueling rooms. (More participants, larger dueling field, cover, etc...) Set spar rules for each dueling room. (No energy spawn, banning certain weapon types or specific weapons in a room but allowing them in another, etc..)

Dojo Simulacrum

++ Shooting range, weapons training room

++ Archwing obstacle course (Target practice and maneuver training) 

(via (PS4)HASSINITEARABTRWRIST, and many others)

Dojo Market Hub (Allow access to the market while in the dojo) (via ARABTRWRIST)

+ Dojo Arcade Room (with games like Wyrmius with leaderboards) (via ARABTRWRIST)

More 'dead end' type rooms or the ability to hide and re-show unused red doorways. (via VasMortua)

++ Allow the merging of corridors to get rid of unnecessary doors. (via (PS4)shadowwraith_666.

++Getting rid of the parent/child room system in favor of a wayfinding system. allowing any room to be deleted as long as there are alternate routes.  

Combine the barracks into one upgradable set of barracks, with each rank adding more cryopods and design to the overall room.

The Tenno codex aquarium or even a terrarium (Different planet habitats like the deserts of Phobos, forests of Earth and the frozen lands of Europa which could use some of that cryotic I have building up) would make for interesting "dead end" rooms. clan objectives to seek out different wildlife to scan/capture them when the wildlife faction gets fleshed out more to add them to the different habitats. Could even add in certain fauna as well.

8) Clan challenges and prizes

+ The ability to set daily, weekly, or monthly prizes and challenges to certain areas of the dojo (Obstacle Course  and Dueling rooms for example)

++ Prizes could range from a rare mod, prime part, credit amount, platinum etc.

++ K'O X amount of opponents in the dueling room, Get the fastest obstacle course time in a certain set period, etc

++ Could also attach rewards to earlier clan arcade suggestion, having to do with the leaderboards for certain games.

9) Replace the dojo elevators with the relay elevator lifts or choose between the two. Hate having to call an elevator after someone uses it before I could ninja slide jump into it or after a host migration when the elevators reset.

10) As much as I like spawning in right next to the trading post or in a pillar, I wouldn't mind having a small liset hanger with a holographic clan logo or two in the front like the ones from the solar rail tileset. (Maybe have those as place-able decor?) or make the solar rail docking station an actual docking station and make it into a dojo structure (The docking station is the first place you spawn on a solar rail, if you go to the first room terminal it is labeled a such with pictures of lisets flying in)

SR Holographic Clan Emblems:

UeqPDJN.jpg

11) I don't know if I am the only one but i like most of the solar rail rooms and could easily see some being converted into dojo rooms like the rail core room. Instead of having numerous reactors, just have one big upgradeable dojo core power room. (Also like the music from the solar rail tileset, also add it as an option to the dojo?)

12) Add the inventory option/view mod list to the menu while in the dojo to make trading easier without having to jump back to the liset or have someone else at the trade post with you.

+ I Just noticed that the relay's already have this implemented. Why not go ahead and add it to the dojo menu as well?

Don't get me wrong, I love our shiny new relays but if trading somehow got added to them a lot of dojos would be collecting dust. I started out by myself building my dojo up and even I am starting to only visit for starting new research and trades. I'd hate to see all of that work putting the whole thing together go to waste. 

Edit 1: Added suggestion via VasMortua to OP.

Edit 2: Expanded on a few ideas/suggestions.

Edit 3: Added a few more examples. Edited OP for readability.

Edit 4: Added suggestions via SR-02ECHOALPHASUD; Linked ADUNSAVEME's thread in OP.

Edit 5: Added suggestion via (PS4)BeefThew's thread. Linked in OP.

Edit 6: Added suggestion via (PS4)shadowwraith_666.

Edit 7: Added suggestion via posts on this thread and added a small bit of new information.

Edit 8: Added more suggestions via feedback from posts on this thread via (PS4)HASSINITEARABTRWRIST, Azimuth64.

Also the ability to give resources and/or credits to help out fellow clan members...

• 2 weeks later...

As a clan warlord, I simply must know who contributes resources to the dojo. Those who help me with improving our cozy clan place should get their promotions and giveaways! DE, allow us to check the contributions by each clan member! Also would like to see that ****load of resources I've spent myself lol.

Some really great idea here, I'm just tossing my 2 coins here with some ideas.

The rest of the things i wanted is already on the list so i won't cover those again.

As for functions I'd love to see these implemented.

• Optional key binds for placing and editing decoration
  • More decoration capacity in social rooms like the gardens, and in rooms in general
  • More info about the placement of rooms before placing them (e.g.: where the console is and if the elevator goes up or down)
  • Being able to rotate and zoom in and out when placing a room in the on the minimap, or just a bigger overview/minimap

And of course we can't forget the wishlist, I need more stuff to put in my dojo!

• Sign decoration (customizable, just a sign with a text of your choosing)
  • Generic platforms, pillars and other objects (all for the enjoyment of making your own glorious statue, and it could make each room more uniqe)
  • More wall decoration
  • Framed grass bed (for all those mossy rocks and trees that don’t go well with metal)
  • More wall mounted flags
  • More statues (holographic and non-holographic)
  • Different agility courses
  • More decoration you can interact with
  • Dynamic lighting decoration
  • Something to sit on (seriously I'm getting tired of always watching my Valkyr stand up or run/walk)

• 3 weeks later...