The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan & Dojo 3.0 Ideas, Suggestions & Changes

Volzien

I would like to see some form of clan v clan pvp in the dojo another clan invading your clans dojo and destroying rooms and taking the resources that it took to craft that room it would be fun and rewarding time to defend the dojo guys lets show em how it's done in <K.O.A> We are mostly a pvp clan so this would be fun for us

likwise we would also be able to attack another clans dojo

Edited by (XB1)RG Nadiko

21 hours ago, (XB1)RG Nadiko said:

I would like to see some form of clan v clan pvp in the dojo another clan invading your clans dojo and destroying rooms and taking the resources that it took to craft that room it would be fun and rewarding time to defend the dojo guys lets show em how it's done in <K.O.A> We are mostly a pvp clan so this would be fun for us

likwise we would also be able to attack another clans dojo

Would this be fore ANY clan or ones that opt into having a Clan invading alert?  Because I would like the option to opt out of it since personally destroying rooms to collect resources would make people more mad than anything (since we've all put in efforts to create those rooms).

Here's what I would add to yours which MIGHT make it a little more appealing to the masses, especially PvP sides, (minus the room destruction):

To initiate this you'd have to have a set amount of people inside the dojo itself.  Once that set number is matched the clan warlord (or ones with permission to start sessions inside the dojo) would send out a signal.  This signal would locate other dojos with a corresponding signal.  Once the signals have been received/located the alert would begin.  Who invades who could go with a "coin toss" or similar.  It would also be similar to dark sectors and invading another's rail to gain resources.  Dojos could be equipped with different defense and offensive capabilities (which you'd have to go in via archwing and blast a hole into a certain area) along with specters inside the defending dojo.  You collect resources the normal way, destroying specters, other players and crates, but you can only keep them if you complete the invasion by making your way to their reactor rooms and destroying them, and then heading to the dojo's control room.  Once this is finished (within a limited time limit) any resources collected could be kept and the losing side wouldn't get a negative other than being unable to participate in another clan invasion for 24 hours.  Which in that time frame they could build up their resources for more defenses and such.  

Again this is strictly from a Non-PvP persons point of view and is just a thought :)

Edited by Btabc

On 9/27/2016 at 3:42 PM, Talonflight said:

- Being able to walk around as the Operator. In fact I'd just like more Operator play in general; if the Stalker can walk around in his warframe without being mind-linked into it, I'd like that option too. Especially in what's pretty much a designated "safe zone."

- Clan Kennels, for all those unwanted Kubrows and Kavats; a room where we can send unwanted pets to live in the base.

- Hologram-practice room - a room that you can choose to spawn in enemies and have yourself a fun little firefight with them, similar to the Mastery-rank test where Lotus summons holographic enemies for you.

- Personal Quarters - Maybe a barracks modification where you can turn it into basically a dormitory, and each person can claim a room; interacts with the point of being able to play as Operator

- Outside the Dojo - The Dojos, from everything we've seen, are floating space stations. But what if we had the option to make our dojo's in other places? Maybe one clan wants their dojo on Jupiter, and there's a front gate leading out into a small randomized Jupiter cell without any exit except a dock for various landing craft, like on the Relays except with planet-themes?

- Clan PvP (Solar Rail) - I'd like to see an actual REAL clan pvp based around the dojo; after all, the Orokin Lab is the center of the clan's power over the system. Maybe after destroying enough of a certain clan's solar rails once the PvP returns, you start to recieve coordinates similar to Lephantis Coordinates that let you build a Clan Invasion Key, and let you begin a small raid against another clan's Dojo? Slap a player limit on each raid (4v4, 6v6?)?  ((Not going to touch on the specifics of Solar Rail pvp, since that's an entirely different beast and would require a ton of balancing, but just a thought, maybe make it like oonclave to keep the playing field relatively level?))

- Base Employee's - who's keeping my base clean and fixed up while its floating in the vaccum of space? Maybe have a system that lets you purchase guards like on the Relays, and not only do these guards patrol  your dojo but also participate as respawning NPC's in Dojo Raids. Maybe small chance to have Grineer/Corpus raids/Infested Outbreaks based on how much research for specific faction weapons you've done?

- Archwing Mode - Seeing all that empty space that my Dojo is flying in makes me want to hop in my archwing and fly circles around the place. Maybe this is where Archwing Racing comes in?

I like a lot of these and the bit about the Dojo being placeable was mentioned a while ago by DE.  They said that they'd like to see something similar to that as well!  I don't remember this too correctly, but I thought that Rebecca said that it was a "feature" that would be "coming soon" (tm)?!  I don't remember the specifics, but I remember that being said about the dojos because I was thinking of all the different places I would place mine lol!

As for the PvP aspect I think that should probably be put into the PvP terminal which two clans could duke it out through there.  That way it still seperates the PvP and PvE peeps!  I'd love to have an ability to "watch" other clans battling it out however!  I've also stated (as have others) give us the option to have specters we craft and "designate" them to our dojos to "liven" them up.  They can roam around and do things that the NPC's are in the Relays!  I'm the warlord of a one man clan (other friends have gotten "lives") haha!  The same would apply to the kennels!  "Consign ____ to the Lotus?" could be replaced with "consign ____ to the Dojo" as well as the option to "find a cure" for DNA degrading (even if you've got the upgrade segment installed).  The more pups and kittens we consign the more of a chance to finding a "cure" we've got.  Smaller clans could be 10 whereas the bigger clans could be closer to 100 or so?  That way it still scales for the different clan sizes.  We would have the option to even have those pets protect the base on certain floors or rooms or just roam around in certain areas (they would also consume room decoration limits) as a "down side" if would should choose to have them roaming around.

Personal Quarters... YES PLEASE!!!!!!!  I can already see where we'll be able to play as our operators in neutral spaces (safe zones) like Relays so this would be a great addition!!!!

I'd like to suggest more atmospheric additions. Things like towering curtains, hanging from the ceiling of several different varieties and materials, maybe even infested tendrils for one, and smooth, billowing silk for another (Most likely without cloth physics to avoid horrible, glitchy masses of doom and potential comp resource hogging). In addition, other more complex, well thought out decorations, like void roots/trees and there infested counterparts, and the tree variants thereof, in pots of varying types and sizes. More orokin-themed additions, maybe drawing on some resources in the old dojo tileset

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

On 10/2/2016 at 0:50 PM, Btabc said:

Would this be fore ANY clan or ones that opt into having a Clan invading alert?  Because I would like the option to opt out of it since personally destroying rooms to collect resources would make people more mad than anything (since we've all put in efforts to create those rooms).

Here's what I would add to yours which MIGHT make it a little more appealing to the masses, especially PvP sides, (minus the room destruction):

To initiate this you'd have to have a set amount of people inside the dojo itself.  Once that set number is matched the clan warlord (or ones with permission to start sessions inside the dojo) would send out a signal.  This signal would locate other dojos with a corresponding signal.  Once the signals have been received/located the alert would begin.  Who invades who could go with a "coin toss" or similar.  It would also be similar to dark sectors and invading another's rail to gain resources.  Dojos could be equipped with different defense and offensive capabilities (which you'd have to go in via archwing and blast a hole into a certain area) along with specters inside the defending dojo.  You collect resources the normal way, destroying specters, other players and crates, but you can only keep them if you complete the invasion by making your way to their reactor rooms and destroying them, and then heading to the dojo's control room.  Once this is finished (within a limited time limit) any resources collected could be kept and the losing side wouldn't get a negative other than being unable to participate in another clan invasion for 24 hours.  Which in that time frame they could build up their resources for more defenses and such.  

Again this is strictly from a Non-PvP persons point of view and is just a thought :)

It would be for all clans but you could only attack or be attacked at certain times of the day. this would regulate clan v clan sessions. this way your not constantly under attack. how about this instead of destroying rooms the attacking clan has to search for and destroy the defending clans treasury. which would be placed in a vault type room with reinforced armored doors which have to be destroyed or hacked open. cyphers not allowed the defending clan should also be allowed to place specters in the dojo to help defend each room. make the attacking team work to get to the vault. befor they can get to and destroy the treasury. now when the treasury is destroyed it would only drop a % of what ever materials are inside. this way you only have to rebuild 2 items after each attack there has to be a risk/reword system to give clans a reason to attack and defend. after the session is over rebuild the treasury in the vault and repair the damaged vault it self.

oh also your dojo can only be attacked if your clan does not currently have a rail to take its place so your dojo can only be attacked after your clans rail has be destroyed so keep your rails up or your dojo will be next lol

Edited by (XB1)RG Nadiko

Good news if you haven't watched Devstream 81! Clan Warlords are getting a Mission Builder to create daily missions for their clanmates! Can pick tileset, mission type, enemy level, VIP enemy (in a simulacrum-like enemy picker menu), etc! Also we are getting an updated decoration mode because of liset fashionframe popularity rising. Slowly and surely we are going in a good direction. Thanks [DE] this is really appreciated.

Edited by Volzien

4 hours ago, Volzien said:

Good news if you haven't watched Devstream 81! Clan Warlords are getting a Mission Builder to create daily missions for their clanmates! Can pick tileset, mission type, enemy level, VIP enemy (in a simulacrum-like enemy picker menu), etc! Also we are getting an updated decoration mode because of liset fashionframe popularity rising. Slowly and surely we are going in a good direction. Thanks [DE] this is really appreciated.

Sweet I can't wait

12 hours ago, Volzien said:

All I can say is..... lets do this!!!! :D

Edited by Btabc

8 minutes ago, Agente_GentlePhoenix said:

Devstream is going to focus in dojos too now, after the war within, sounds incredible to hear

As always, i'm giving my feedback,  because i'm not gona be silent about that our dojos is grabbing dust.

Remember:

Tenno_Mesaageminv3.jpg

s_a_gp.gif

So they're focusing in on dojos too?!  The only thing I heard is about letting warlords have the ability to "create" clan missions.  It's the tip of the iceberg!!!!  All downhill from here! :D

Your guys dojo might be collecting dust mines not thanks to my ranking system people are always visiting my dojo on a daily bases want to rank up in my clan you gotta fight fellow clan members to rank up and the top 3 competitive ranks get paid a good amount of plat on a monthly bases Knights of Alfheim FTW we are #2 on the storm clan kill boards

this is why I wand DE to give us more ranks for clans 16 in total would really help my clan out in reality they would only be adding another 8 ranks

Edited by (XB1)RG Nadiko

On 10/8/2016 at 5:58 PM, (XB1)RG Nadiko said:

Your guys dojo might be collecting dust mines not thanks to my ranking system people are always visiting my dojo on a daily bases want to rank up in my clan you gotta fight fellow clan members to rank up and the top 3 competitive ranks get paid a good amount of plat on a monthly bases Knights of Alfheim FTW we are #2 on the storm clan kill boards

this is why I wand DE to give us more ranks for clans 16 in total would really help my clan out in reality they would only be adding another 8 ranks

But you're saying that you're not alone in your Dojo.... personally my friends have left, because they've either gotten married or have a new job, and now I'm carrying on our "legacy" and making the dojo as great as it can be :).  As far as paying members on a monthly basis.... I could not afford.  Also your clan is a PvP, mine is a PvE and helping new players.  I spend a good majority of my time on the lower planets (Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn on down) helping new players while also leveling up my frames.  It's just a different playing style than yours and there's nothing wrong with that :)

Yes, adding more ranks would be great and with more features to those ranks, but also adding more LIFE to the dojo's are something that'll enhance it to the max!  A relay gets it's "life" from not only players, but also the NPC's there.  Take the NPC's out and leave the players there, it'll go empty as well.  Add the NPC's (especially options to add them ourselves and place them) to dojo's and have interactions with them will make our dojo's seem like they're constantly being used... even when we're not there ourselves :).  

4 hours ago, Agente_GentlePhoenix said:

All i can confirm is a bit of love for dojos, the main feedback is still going.

As always, i'm giving my feedback,  because i'm not gona be silent about that our dojos is grabbing dust.

Remember:

Tenno_Mesaageminv3.jpg

s_a_gp.gif

I was just asking if it was in the last Dev Stream or not?  :)

I know there is a thread in the dojo's feedback that was started, I believe NovusNova, stating a few of the features/details on what is HOPEFULLY planned for the future on what DE wants to add?  Either way this thread is FILLED with great ideas that DE should constantly look at!  And with the new "upgrade" sentinels have received, it might be nice to FINALLY look "finding a cure" for our kavats and kubrows?!?!?!?  I'm going to start a movement on that one lol ;)

1 hour ago, Agente_GentlePhoenix said:

@Btabc Devstream #81, where @Volzien said wat they will add to dojos and clans, so for conclusive thoughts well a bit of love to dojos, means to thinking about add some features atleast, but my hopes are still for the main thread feedback, till for now i'm gona espectate the views.

Ah so that's where it was, thank you!  I must have overlooked that when I was scrolling through the replay lol!  I'll watch it again!  You're still getting the views however, so no need to worry there ;)

On 13/04/2015 at 8:22 AM, Volzien said:

Codex art decoration would be really neat.There is a lot of space on the walls and the number of wall decor available is very small.  The problem with isolating rooms with transporters would be how the parent/child room system works so that would have to be changed. You would have to delete the room you were wanting to isolate in order to delete the hall/connector/room that is connected to it. While I like the idea, I wouldn't really want it implemented. Reason being is that I wouldn't want the transporter in the isolated room to bug out somehow and be unusable or have someone who would think it would be super hilarious to delete said transporter, making the room inaccessible.

This is all i could dream off. Please make these a reality DE!

brain blast!

Ceremony based décor and rooms.

Fire works festival (eastern & western)

Wedding (several religion based: I.E Chinese, Indian, American, and African inspiration)

x-mas room with snowing effect w/ or w/o tree.

thanksgiving with large table and food based décor.

firework deposit station post for storing firework gear and usage.

night time and day time rooms or use of lighting room similarily works to polychroom and accessed from energy lab.

more fountain décor+ room

Tenno story based rooms: dragon cave=chroma, half submersive/half rocky=hydroid, power plant/tesla coil room=volt, conclave tenshin=Excalibur, silver grove or heavy forest area=titania and oberon,  room with floating rocks and yin yang inspiration=equinox, armory room=Vauban, foggy and large room with multiple pillars=Ash, infested room=nyx, volcanic room with lava flowing into small rock pit=ember, frost= icy temple based on shaolin or Buddhist inspiration, and abandoned lab=valkyr.

6 hours ago, (PS4)USmarshall17 said:

brain blast!

Ceremony based décor and rooms.

Fire works festival (eastern & western)

Wedding (several religion based: I.E Chinese, Indian, American, and African inspiration)

x-mas room with snowing effect w/ or w/o tree.

thanksgiving with large table and food based décor.

firework deposit station post for storing firework gear and usage.

night time and day time rooms or use of lighting room similarily works to polychroom and accessed from energy lab.

more fountain décor+ room

Tenno story based rooms: dragon cave=chroma, half submersive/half rocky=hydroid, power plant/tesla coil room=volt, conclave tenshin=Excalibur, silver grove or heavy forest area=titania and oberon,  room with floating rocks and yin yang inspiration=equinox, armory room=Vauban, foggy and large room with multiple pillars=Ash, infested room=nyx, volcanic room with lava flowing into small rock pit=ember, frost= icy temple based on shaolin or Buddhist inspiration, and abandoned lab=valkyr.

I love the themed rooms, but what would their point be?  I would like to say that there should be one for Limbo, something similar to where the room itself is in a "void" and you're using the "rift walk" type of ability to "cross over" to the room which would look like any room does in the rift (more of a colorless theme)?  However the reason I say this is because if there was a point to each room, regardless of wanting NEW rooms :D, it would make them even more useful than having themed rooms that are aesthetic.... like the current Oracle Room.  What if each of these rooms could help aid us in obtaining these frames or even providing another method for unlocking the quests to obtain them?  I know now the way to obtain Chroma is by completing the Junctions... which isn't that bad, but when it comes to Limbo and some of the others it's a smaller hassle.  Once we've completed the mission and crafted the frame each room could do something different or expand to show more lore?  

As for the snowing Christmas room... that's a neat thought!  I would like more rooms with more WINDOWS for crying out loud lol!!!!  And glass ceilings WITHOUT that big huge beam in the middle blocking my view!

Here's another thought... what about something like a beach room?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  Hammocks and everything could be present and almost everything could be usable/interactive!  A single frame could lounge in the hammock, or several around a tiki bar, another wading out in the water and such as well.  I say this suggestion because I can see where we'll be able to walk around as our Operators soon and this would be a GREAT place for us to just chill and relax while outside of our transference chairs lol!  For this one however I'd say it should probably be HUGE in size (like the Obstacle Course or the Observation Deck) just so it can fit the theme.  I got this idea because I now live in Sunny FL and it's always been interesting to see how the "beach" could change?

Main things i really want to see :

- Animal area.

- Archwing testing area ( Sandbox around the Dojo).

- Underwater Tank.

- Weapon Testing range.

- Changeable course.

- Ship Docking start area with sentry guns that follow non clan members.

- A tonne more decorations lol we have so little and same goes for rooms.

- Changeable music in rooms

- Upgradeable rooms i.e Fusion room upgrade where one can hold the power of 5 or etc.

- Room wall skins .

- Linking comm consoles to traders including Baro as to avoid going to the Relay.

- Launching missions from Dojo.

- Proper menu options while in dojo.

- Mini games.

-  Build able PVP areas.

- Able to do everything we can in our ships in Dojo as to not have to keep going back and forth....

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

On 8/10/2016 at 8:18 PM, ZanzabarAloplop said:

What if you could use the codex scanner to scan misc. objects in missions and then when you get enough scans you could use them as decorations in the dojo.

I've just read this and need to say that there's no possible way to express how much I adore this idea!
We already have decorative elements that also exist outside of dojos, and what better way to inspire people to fill the codex entries than to reward them with something "material".
Plus, I'm sure we've all once seen something in the wilderness we wished for as decoration in either clan or orbiter - from scannable plants to lovely Orokin furniture.

mentioning walking around as an operator wouldn't a focus training room using our operators be epic. For example while in the dojo, one enters the focus training room which works like an interactable oracle room and connects directly to focus based rooms with a four to five connector block. In each room one can do daily tasks like target practice, healing pets, companions, or specters, weakening  small fry, and etc.

For the focus system itself I think the current system is okay, but have a second specialization tree for each school may be cool. Such as larger ranged healing, short lived target-based affinity boosting, condensed phoniex gaze with high afterburn effects, certain status proc immunity(for few seconds or energy-drain based)....

Sorry haven't really used other schools so other suggestions would be appreciated.

The connection to the topic of dojos is future specialty ( 2nd Focus tree)  based dailies for small amounts of focus pts at the training interfaces.

maybe Tenshin or Lotus could initiated the dojo focus room quests with school based mission quests (The Ascension Within...jk) But seriously though "The ASCENSION."

P.S Waiting for thoughts and maybe spelled a few things wrong.