Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan & Dojo 3.0 Ideas, Suggestions & Changes

Volzien

I am not sure if this has been brought up but something needs to be done with the roster roles in clans. What I mean buy this is when you click on someone's name in the clan roster a drop box with actions appears. However, when you get further down on the list the drop box starts to get covered up. If you are a clan leader and have all the clan actions available to you it covers up a good number of important actions. So I think that at a certain point that 'drop box' should flip up so you can still see all the actions when you click on a name at the bottom of the list. 

I love these ideas!

My personal favorite are the Cephalon replacing the Oracle Room, and a meeting room for members of alliance- or perhaps allow the founding Warlord of the alliance to turn off whether or not alliance members can join their dojo at the push of a button. Either that, or a separate alliance dojo that holds a lot for alliances to do that can't be found in a clan dojo.

I covered a lot of points about clans and a little bit on alliance in this forum post, if you're interested in any ideas from it: 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Blu_DarK said:

I've looked through the list and I'm sorry if I've overlooked it but has anyone suggest a foundry in the dojo? I mean you research in the dojo. So why not have a foundry right there also.

I think they will never add such thing there. It will just make no sense for the orbiter. Because we will stay only in dojo xD.

I think some things must stay where they are so game is balanced.

Just imagine foundry,simulacrum in dojo.

Relays and orbiter will lose alot from it,since you will jump in dojo and trade ,craft there all you need.

One thing i would like to see,is spy training rooms in dojo. With the ability of architects or warlords to randomize the missions. Just imagine doing weekly events of "who hacks faster". And the overall training of hacking skills.

Edited by JohnCarraway

On 7/30/2017 at 5:20 PM, JohnCarraway said:

I think they will never add such thing there. It will just make no sense for the orbiter. Because we will stay only in dojo xD.

I think some things must stay where they are so game is balanced.

Just imagine foundry,simulacrum in dojo.

Relays and orbiter will lose alot from it,since you will jump in dojo and trade ,craft there all you need.

One thing i would like to see,is spy training rooms in dojo. With the ability of architects or warlords to randomize the missions. Just imagine doing weekly events of "who hacks faster". And the overall training of hacking skills.

Right now, the only 2 reasons to be inside your dojo is to:

1. Contributed to / purchase research(ed) projects.
  2. Buy/Sell/Trade with other Tenno

Your Dojo should become a gradual replacement for you and your clan mate's ships. It's depressing to enter a gigantic dojo and only see a couple people there! (if you're lucky, sometimes there's no one there) I want to be able to enter my Dojo as if it was a relay, see tons of people talking to each other, preparing for missions, trading amongst each other, and etc. However, instead your dojo only has 2 purposes, thus leaving it almost always barren. People spend a long time making their dojo look beautiful and unique, it should be more important. 

Here's a list of things I would love dojos to have:

• Foundry
  • Market Station
  • Breeding Station
  • Arsenal
  • Mod Station
  • Void Relic Refinement Station
  • Operator Focus / Customization station & Ability to run around as Operator
  • Simulacrum
  • Ship Dock
  • Observatory 2.0
  • More Decorations (I'd love to be able to make chairs, tables, and ect)
  • Large Decoration that displayed the News, and the MOTD for your Clan
  • Ability to hire NPCs (Like Guards) to make your Dojo more lively, this could also attract pedestrians to your Dojo.
Edited by (PS4)Khrysamere

You all already mentioned great stuff and i may repeat a lot but heres (again) my list of stuff i would like to get 

• How about we get some kind of asian or church alike "wallpapers"? How could i explain what i mean... neither a holo nor a poster. more like Alduins Wall but with different historical Tenno themes. 
  • We definetly need NPCs. We saved the infested hybrids and I know they can be living in the relais if you decide so, but we never see them again. why wouldnt they join the clan? Just walking around, taking notes, praying, greeting you. There are many times a clan is totally empty and i honestly hat it to come into a totally empty hall.
  • Mentioned many times before: Clan Cepahlon! bc of obvious reasons ^^
  • Bigger trees. Old trees, wide-spreading branches. at least double the seize of those we already have.
  • A Lotus-sculpture
  • A Clean treasure. A special Item that is crafted individualy, nearly unique. A relic like a rusty sword, a broken warframe helmet, an urn, an arrow. I would really like this for esthetic reasons.
  • Some stuff like chains hanging from the ceiling(?)
  • A dojo room with hindrances etc

thanks for not getting mad at me :)

Hello!  My first time posting here, albeit having played Warframe for quite some time now!  I guess I haven't had a lot of complaints or lack of content! :laugh:  Anyways, I do have a neat idea that incapsulates two pretty awesome and unique parts of Warframe and "FashionFrame."

Adding Captura Photos to the Dojo & Landing Craft Furnishings!

We can invite friends to our Captura scenes yeah?  Like.. Dojo mates after a Clan event success, or Founding Members.

I love Captura, I just don't like having to import them all the time just to share them.  If it was my opinion on options or memory space, you could have 3 sizes available to make the picture in for a furnishing, with 4 choices in frame type (:grineer::corpus::infested: Orokin, and maybe a Gifted Lotus one even)

This may even be a super cool bonus if Dojo's get docking ports!  Maybe it's just a goofy notion, but I think it'd be cool.

Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestion!

**Broken train of thought, re-establishing link... ... ... It would be pretty sweet to be able to Trade the "Framed Captura" images as well!

*Adding a Dojo Auction House for Clan Members!  

What if we could finally get material distribution?  Obviously there must be caveats and fail-safes in place so it's not abused.  There are quite a few times I'm sure when newer players outpace the rate they can build at.  I myself am guilty of scrounging for Orokin cells, Gallium, or Argon Crystals.  Or maybe the option to sell BP's and parts that otherwise are nothing more than a couple thousand credits.  

Edited by (PS4)tooz182
Added Auction House idea here instead of making the string longer.

Things we've come to really want in the dojo:
Arsenal decoration. Need to be able to change loadouts in dojo for dueling.
Mission Navigation through the Observatory platforms.
A small dock for out Landing Craft as per Relays.
Ability to upgrade elevators to visit more floors.

And just as a cool idea: A pre-programmable Simulacrum Training room. A room that works like Cephalon Suda's room, where it's a normal room as you walk in with a console that activates a plan UI to draw-up/room room plans, then Walk into the room and it loadin. We could swap plans on Steam Workshop. Would be good to be able to have two 'ends' and be able to form teams to have training battles. With and without bots.

On ‎01‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 7:08 AM, (PS4)Khrysamere said:

Right now, the only 2 reasons to be inside your dojo is to:

1. Contributed to / purchase research(ed) projects.
  2. Buy/Sell/Trade with other Tenno

Your Dojo should become a gradual replacement for you and your clan mate's ships. It's depressing to enter a gigantic dojo and only see a couple people there! (if you're lucky, sometimes there's no one there) I want to be able to enter my Dojo as if it was a relay, see tons of people talking to each other, preparing for missions, trading amongst each other, and etc. However, instead your dojo only has 2 purposes, thus leaving it almost always barren. People spend a long time making their dojo look beautiful and unique, it should be more important. 

Here's a list of things I would love dojos to have:

• Foundry
  • Market Station
  • Breeding Station
  • Arsenal
  • Mod Station
  • Void Relic Refinement Station
  • Operator Focus / Customization station & Ability to run around as Operator
  • Simulacrum
  • Ship Dock
  • Observatory 2.0
  • More Decorations (I'd love to be able to make chairs, tables, and ect)
  • Large Decoration that displayed the News, and the MOTD for your Clan
  • Ability to hire NPCs (Like Guards) to make your Dojo more lively, this could also attract pedestrians to your Dojo.

We should not ask our Dojo to be our second Orbiter. Why taking an extra trip to do stuff you can do in the Orbiter asap? Alter some of those ideas and forget the rest. 

Uhm ok first of all the orbiter is not your landingship (Liset, Scimitar,etc). Your foundry and stuff is in the orbiter while you travel to missions in your landingship.

And then think about this: You drive 5 miles/kilometers to a gym to run 5 miles/kilometers on a treadmill. 

To make it clear: I dont mean to call you stupid in any way. It's just that you would have to make an extra trip with our landingship (car) which means extra loading time to get into the dojo (Club house) to do the exact same stuff you can already do at your Orbiter (home). Instead of taking it all there why not just alter it?

• Instead of a  breeding Station, why not a "farm" where you can have either one extra kavat or kubrow running around and climbing trees and stuff, so you dont have to wait for stasis cool down?
  • Additionaly to the market you could get a merchant offering difficult missiones to the locatiosn of rare materials or blueprints?
  • Arsenal makes sense for the duell room, but i dont know about the mod station
  • Fokus and altering for the Operator should be limited for the Orbiter in my opinion. While running around as the Operator will absolutely get my approvement.
  • the void relic refinement Station doesnt make sense bc it is an extra trip with extra loading time.

I dont hate your ideas. i just dont think that we should just copy paste everything into the dojo. i dont think it will get more lively just because of copy paste. most People will propably think like me

1 hour ago, (PS4)Neltran said:

• Fokus and altering for the Operator should be limited for the Orbiter in my opinion. While running around as the Operator will absolutely get my approvement.
  • the void relic refinement Station doesnt make sense bc it is an extra trip with extra loading time.

I dont hate your ideas. i just dont think that we should just copy paste everything into the dojo. i dont think it will get more lively just because of copy paste. most People will propably think like me

I actually thought it'd be better if opertator mode was standard in Dojo, only putting on Warframes for training.

• 2 weeks later...

What I really want is to be able to place multiple of the same clan hall, This seems simple enough to do and wouldn't cause problems. There's already a 100 room limit so there is no need to limit any individual rooms even if they add capacity. I like the aesthetics of having spacious and decorated rooms. With the different sized clan halls it added diversity to the dojo, while currently we are very limited. If there was more large rooms it would work in the same, without flora like in gardens. Please consider adding this. Allow us more design options and to use our creativity!

TLDR I want to have multiple clan halls or more open rooms (Not gardens)

Clans "hall of fame" screen.That screen would show top contributors and top points won on events by some players.Just a rough idea that could maybe drive people to participate in things important to every clan and help out more to warlords and generals in promoting those players.

Lookin in this thread for some months and I think I have seen more then 5 times mentioned "faundry" and " simulacrum" while I understand this will make more people stay in dojo ,it will harm the orbiter/liset.

They should add something that's not the "special" thing of one place.

Just think about simulacrum,how often you go there? Well say 5 times a week.Now imagine we get a simulacrum in dojo. I am more then 100% that you will use the one from dojo because said :loading time,concinience etc. In this way relays will become the things that are only used for two things Baro once in two weeks and syndicates.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so I've just read the initial post and not the rest of the thread, so don't kill me for repeating an idea or two. And I may have missed something on the initial post and repeated it here, so sorry in advance.

I have a few ideas for the Dojo, some from myself, and some I've gathered searching through the Forums and Wiki that I haven't seen added to this Megathread.

I'll start with common stuff I didn't see on the Megathread:

• Making the Temple of Honor Statue Changeable.
  • (Instead of a whole new room, though that would be preferable) Change the Treasury Decoration to be able to accept resources as well as Credits. Perhaps in a Drop Down list.
  • Down Tiering (Come on, why isn't this on the Thread? It's even being discussed).
  • A top-down Decoration placement system, not as a replacement but an addition to the current system.
  • Multi-floor elevators and Stairs
  • Mobile Dojos. The Warlord (or perhaps make this a new configurable Rank) would be able to manually move the Dojo somewhere else in the System, or set a preconfigured path to fly through the system, so the scenery would change at varying intervals.
  • Observatory becomes something similar to the Relays' Mission Control room.
  • Interior Wall changing. I'd love to see a wooden wall instead of the metal interior that every room has. Perhaps restrict some walls to certain rooms. Being able to have like a window into a rainforest, autumn forest, beach, or underwater would be awesome too.
  • Dojo Captura Scenes or a Free Cam mode inside the Dojo for screenshots.
  • Chat channels. Per room would do just fine.

Now onto the thing I've really been interested in.

Music. I absolutely love music in games. Custom music, that is. I loved being able to do it in Starbound, and a game called Mabinogi is what got me really into the whole music in games concept. It creates bonds. There's nothing like just sitting there with friends, guild/clan mates, or even strangers just talking with some gentle music playing in the background. Or awesome, inspiring music. Battle music. Sad music. Any kind of music. It gives life to everything. Music is a medium of communication, and it's a sad thing to not be able to use that medium in most online games.

How I imagine this working in Warframe is not like it works with Octavia. I would love if it used MML. 5000 characters per track with 5 tracks would be more than enough for almost any song. A player could create a song through a new option menu in the Dojo, or through a new decoration. I like the latter idea better. The created music could then be saved to his player account, or shared to the Clan. Music from the Clan wouldn't be copyable, with the notes hidden to anyone but the creator. This would mean that pieces of music created for a Clan would stay in the Clan. For songs that would require multiple instruments, then a player can write a song for each instrument (this means each instrument would get 5000 characters of 5 tracks, or whatever the limit becomes) then "link" them in the song database, marking that they require all the others to fully play the song.

Instruments would be activateable decorations, or perhaps activateable as part of a new music room. They would include instruments like a piano, guitar, violin, drums, flute, at the very least. Preferably many more.

Playing a song would work like this: A player activates an instrument and chooses his song. An announcement is made to everyone in the room the instrument is located in that Player X is going to be playing (Insert Song Name Here) and how many more instruments and which are required to play the song. The song would then enter a confirmation stage, where the player could wait for other players to join in on different instruments, to which the song would enter a five second countdown to begin after the last instrument is occupied, or the player may confirm playing without all the instruments.

This is all I have for now, thanks for reading! I hope DE decides to work on Dojo 3.0 and the Clan system soon, because my Dojo has been my pet project for so many years, decorating and rebuilding, then repeating the process. I really want the Dojo system to be more exciting to players, to have more reason to go and stay there for an extended period of time.

Also, if anyone from DE ever happens to read this, please, PLEASE, don't make the Music in dojos mount to the Music slider in the options. Add a new volume bar for the new music system. As well as Octavia (not allied Octavias, but her in general), remove the Dojo Bells being hitched into the Music slider (drums aren't, why are Bells?), and ONLY use the Music Slider for the background music. Nothing else. I always keep music off because I listen to my own stuff sometimes, but I hate having to go into the options and turn music on to hear a friends' Octavia music, or to play with the Bells in my Dojo. It's a horribly done system and really would not be difficult to fix.

Edited by Xaal

On 9/7/2017 at 10:30 AM, Xaal said:

Alright, so I've just read the initial post and not the rest of the thread, so don't kill me for repeating an idea or two. And I may have missed something on the initial post and repeated it here, so sorry in advance.

I have a few ideas for the Dojo, some from myself, and some I've gathered searching through the Forums and Wiki that I haven't seen added to this Megathread.

I'll start with common stuff I didn't see on the Megathread:

• Making the Temple of Honor Statue Changeable.
  • (Instead of a whole new room, though that would be preferable) Change the Treasury Decoration to be able to accept resources as well as Credits. Perhaps in a Drop Down list.
  • Down Tiering (Come on, why isn't this on the Thread? It's even being discussed).
  • A top-down Decoration placement system, not as a replacement but an addition to the current system.
  • Multi-floor elevators and Stairs
  • Mobile Dojos. The Warlord (or perhaps make this a new configurable Rank) would be able to manually move the Dojo somewhere else in the System, or set a preconfigured path to fly through the system, so the scenery would change at varying intervals.
  • Observatory becomes something similar to the Relays' Mission Control room.
  • Interior Wall changing. I'd love to see a wooden wall instead of the metal interior that every room has. Perhaps restrict some walls to certain rooms. Being able to have like a window into a rainforest, autumn forest, beach, or underwater would be awesome too.
  • Dojo Captura Scenes or a Free Cam mode inside the Dojo for screenshots.
  • Chat channels. Per room would do just fine.

Now onto the thing I've really been interested in.

Music. I absolutely love music in games. Custom music, that is. I loved being able to do it in Starbound, and a game called Mabinogi is what got me really into the whole music in games concept. It creates bonds. There's nothing like just sitting there with friends, guild/clan mates, or even strangers just talking with some gentle music playing in the background. Or awesome, inspiring music. Battle music. Sad music. Any kind of music. It gives life to everything. Music is a medium of communication, and it's a sad thing to not be able to use that medium in most online games.

How I imagine this working in Warframe is not like it works with Octavia. I would love if it used MML. 5000 characters per track with 5 tracks would be more than enough for almost any song. A player could create a song through a new option menu in the Dojo, or through a new decoration. I like the latter idea better. The created music could then be saved to his player account, or shared to the Clan. Music from the Clan wouldn't be copyable, with the notes hidden to anyone but the creator. This would mean that pieces of music created for a Clan would stay in the Clan. For songs that would require multiple instruments, then a player can write a song for each instrument (this means each instrument would get 5000 characters of 5 tracks, or whatever the limit becomes) then "link" them in the song database, marking that they require all the others to fully play the song.

Instruments would be activateable decorations, or perhaps activateable as part of a new music room. They would include instruments like a piano, guitar, violin, drums, flute, at the very least. Preferably many more.

Playing a song would work like this: A player activates an instrument and chooses his song. An announcement is made to everyone in the room the instrument is located in that Player X is going to be playing (Insert Song Name Here) and how many more instruments and which are required to play the song. The song would then enter a confirmation stage, where the player could wait for other players to join in on different instruments, to which the song would enter a five second countdown to begin after the last instrument is occupied, or the player may confirm playing without all the instruments.

This is all I have for now, thanks for reading! I hope DE decides to work on Dojo 3.0 and the Clan system soon, because my Dojo has been my pet project for so many years, decorating and rebuilding, then repeating the process. I really want the Dojo system to be more exciting to players, to have more reason to go and stay there for an extended period of time.

Also, if anyone from DE ever happens to read this, please, PLEASE, don't make the Music in dojos mount to the Music slider in the options. Add a new volume bar for the new music system. As well as Octavia (not allied Octavias, but her in general), remove the Dojo Bells being hitched into the Music slider (drums aren't, why are Bells?), and ONLY use the Music Slider for the background music. Nothing else. I always keep music off because I listen to my own stuff sometimes, but I hate having to go into the options and turn music on to hear a friends' Octavia music, or to play with the Bells in my Dojo. It's a horribly done system and really would not be difficult to fix.

additionally, maybe a room could be where the members equipment loadout could be seen. like a locker room where each clan member name is on it. doesnt need to be a large physical locker. or maybe a hologram of their most used frames and load out. drop down list for members on the hologram

and also labels on the map to say where we are in the dojo. my clans dojo is quite large and can get lost sometimes while wandering.

and last time i read some guys post about NPCS populating the dojo, its a neat idea to have weekly traders to drop by an sell some rare/less rare items from time to time. 50% is credit items ,50% ducat items. just to make the dojo something more than a quick trading area for players. its not that baro seller is not important. just too make more activities. clan trader to sell clan emblems and resources from our own members maybe we sell to the clan then the clan sells to other members. so the clan treasury earns a small cut from the sales of resources.

also a training  area for noobs, i know we have the simulacrum to do these but for the fresh tenno maybe they need an area to do so. also train for spy missions like different consoles to practise hacking, different difficulty levels. An archwing obstacle course - space and water.

maybe a room like a zoo, for each members active pets.

in all honestly there is no need for foundy in the dojo. we want to make things complicated as possible. LOL

A defence event would be a great idea for a weekly or fortnight event in the dojo. maybe clan vs clan. or other faction attacking depending the cumulative faction heat on each members aggro. (corpus , grineer , infested) . for clan raid, maybe the loosing outcome could be 70% loss of clan treasury fund. and cost to repair certain rooms.

On 5/24/2017 at 4:35 AM, ScribbleClash said:

While this is an incentive to visit, it is no invitation to stay. Put some minigames into the dojo. Make them give rewards, maybe even some you only get there or can only use for minigames. Maybe build a cardgame around the modcards that you can play there, go a bit nuts with this.

a card game using the mod card you have! this is.... this is.... kinda unfair for those who have the rare mod cards. 

well lets hope DE can think of something out. recently heard the witcher 3 game had card game system. and i recall the final fantasy 8 card game.

mini games would also be nice. put in some credits and earn some extra credit / or random resources.

On 5/19/2017 at 0:13 AM, Talonflight said:

I want to have a reason for people to just hang out in the dojo, too

Make a  "mess hall" area where you can go while playing as the Operator and get a meal that buffs your Affinity gain by 1% for the next 3 hours xD

well maybe not free food , maybe a cafeteria where operator can buy different meals tat buff different things?

i have 3 ideas that i know a lot of my members would love to see implemented.

1. Orokin Tile Set rooms in the dojo
    idea - i don't know how exactly to implement these but basically i've heard countless numbers of my clan members tell me they would love to see an orokin themed dojo.
    taking this one step further i've also heard that some people would like to see this done with corpus and grineer too, not so much for infested but you cant leave out a design for them cause someone out there might want to see it, but back to my main point is orokin room upgrades, skins, buildings, whatever you want to call it or how to implement it i know some people want orokin themed dojos, the gold and crystal plants are so beautiful showing a symbol of wealth and power.
    implementation - to me i think it should be available to upgrade each room and also provide a reduction to the rooms original capacity and energy by 50%  so if the capacity was 5 we would (5/2=2.5) round it up and make it 3, giving clan leaders a reason to use this room technology upgrade system, now it will require resources and i think it should require 2x the resources for that room to be built at your current clan level plus argon crystals instead of forma(100 for moon, 30 for mountain, 10 for storm, 3 for shadow, 1 for ghost) just going simple off the scaling. 
  2. get rid of the parent child relationship in the dojo.
    it is crazy hard to remodel a dojo in this game, and what im saying is i recently came to become leader of this clan, and the dojo in a lack of better words was a total mess, we had to kick everyone out of our mountain clan the officers stayed and completely destroyed and rebuilt this entire dojo, and then proceed to recruit until we got back to a steady mountain clan i think that's ridiculous if you have teleporters or option paths to connect the dojo the parent child system should not be implemented.if it was just everything has to be connected in some way, that would be fine too we could have done it with long hallways running from one end to the other while we rebuild the entire dojo, maybe also have the ability to move a room instead having to destroy it and rebuild it somewhere else, would save a lot of time.
  3. make a reward system like the daily login for how long you stay with a clan & your rank in the clan increase how much/rare the items you get are, giving incentive for people to stay with clans and try to promote. pretty simple idea 

if anyone has any ideas they would like to add to my ideas please do, these were very rushed and i'd love to know how other people feel about the 2nd idea i had. please just qoute me and let other know what you are commenting on, thank you and i hope everyone has a great day, riding moas, praising booban, and collecting segments :D

Edited by (XB1)SII Frederic

On 9/16/2017 at 4:09 PM, (PS4)goodboxgonebad said:

Don't know if it has been mentioned but doing away with having to have multiple reactors and just having a single, upgradeable core. 

It has, but it is still quite the good suggestion. My clan dojo literally has a floor dedicated to reactors. It seems like such a waste of space.