Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan & Dojo 3.0 Ideas, Suggestions & Changes

Volzien

On 9/14/2017 at 12:47 PM, (Xbox One)SII Frederic said:

make a reward system like the daily login for how long you stay with a clan & your rank in the clan increase how much/rare the items you get are, giving incentive for people to stay with clans and try to promote. pretty simple idea 

While I don't think clan rank should have anything to do with it, I like the general idea of having a reward system for staying with a clan. It doesn't have to be stupidly rare items either. Of course it wouldn't be a daily reward but maybe when you hit certain time tiers with your clan.

I love all of the suggestions. May I add some? I also noticed that its been a week since anyone has posted on this thread.

1.) The warlord should have this ability (and maybe be able to pass it along to another member). A new room/decoration called the "Dojo Architect" where it has a large panel/screen that the person walks up to and activates. This then pops open the same menu when starting a new construction for a new room, only instead of going to an empty node it brings up the map of the Dojo and gives you the ability to place/move rooms from the map instead of running around looking for that perfect place to place a new room. Moving rooms can be like deconstructing them (I.E: room turns red and has a countdown timer). You would activate the architect and have an option called "Move Room" or something like that, you would then choose the room you want to move and choose where you want it to be. After accepting the change the room does its this after a set period of time.

2.) I think its a bit of a pain that our pets degrade over time in the liset/orbiter, forcing us to put them into stasis until we can help them. I'd like to see a room specifically for our pets/companions with a caretaker specter. A little play area where we can interact with our pets, give them treats (varying in rarity from drops in missions with wildlife or grineer Kubero/Kavats). It would also be interesting if when you come back from a mission to see your pet the caretaker says they they got loose. You then have to look around the dojo looking for you pet (maybe cleaning "messes" that they leave behind.) This room could also be used to "Unlock" an Aura mod slot for the pet (or name it something akin to a pet thing) by having it go through "Training" over the course of however much time.

3.) All the decorations you can place in the liset/orbiter should be able to be placed in the dojo, maybe even some missions where you get some decorations as drops or find them randomly scattered through the mission. OH now that I think about it, some rare decorations where there are pieces of them scattered in missions. After collecting all of the pieces you have to put them together like a puzzle. These would be neat for the liset/orbiter to.

4.) The Oricle room needs more functionality. At the moment it just some room that needs to be made so you can make the labs. Something needs to be added to it to give it purpose.

5.) The Orokin lab needs more than JUST solar rail research (which currently is useless due to the armistice) and the derelict keys (which are apparently going away making this lab even more useless). Give us some research that deals with the Orokin, weapons/gear, warframes, etc...

Edited by Zuhan
Added 4 and 5

Me too. The reason this thread has lost some steam lately is there isn't any news on dojo updates, things they are working on like Kingpin/Enemy Cells or that Relay Rebuilding event. Everything has taken a backseat to PoE which now that I think about it may not be totally bad. I wonder if there will be some clan interaction with Cetus/Plains. Maybe some interesting decorations if your clan is on good terms with Cetus?

I appreciate this thread, hopefully DE will make use of it when the do actually update dojos.

Ok, so admittedly I didn't read more than a few pages of posts, but how have you guys not brought up the decoration point limitation?! I have only really tried building a dojo these last few days, even though I've been playing for years, because my old clan warlord did such an amazing job considering the limitations of the system. One thing I remember him complaining about though was the low number of decoration points, and now that I'm doing my own decorating I totally understand. 

So this focuses specifically on the various clan halls, although other rooms could use an adjustment too in my opinion, but only having enough points to put out 2-3 dozen items is detrimental to our creativity as interior designers. I understand that DE doesn't want us to be able to put out 1k anasa sculptures, but I really wouldn't even need new decorations if I was able to have enough points to be able to combine the ones we have into something new. For example, imagine the greater clan hall (pillars with those two little wings). If I wanted to make a small zen garden in one of those wings I would love to put in a couple of ground plots, a tree or two, a wooden bench, maybe an incense pot, and a statue. All told that uses about 21 of my 84 points for that whole room. I've now used 1/4 of my total decoration points, and only covered about 1/10 of the room. So instead of making a garden I just pick a ground plot, make it as big as I can, and throw an incense pot or a statue in just to take up space.

My final point is that this is one of the easiest fixes that DE could do (literally just change some numbers in the settings BOOM Hotfix) that would make a huge difference on the level of appeal that we could put into dojos. I realized there still isn't a ton of interaction that happens in dojos, but being able to make our dojos be so much better decorated could make a huge difference for just taking that extra moment to admire the work we have put into them.

• 2 weeks later...

Add a better build mod!

Let us see grids and scroll between levels. Then have an bare at the bottom with the different rooms.

We should be able to place them as we want (no need for power or connection), but if they are missing power etc. The doors leading to them will be red and closed. Missing connection then they will be unusable.

Let us be able to move rooms around to fit and match a clan dojo layout. 

Remove the Forma cost and timegate, it really isnt and RTS.

Add new functions to duelling and parkour room. You should be able to use the consol to change layout. Aka change the settings and look.

The parkour room would have different leaderboards for the different layouts and rules.

Make it happen. Dojos seems to be “easy” to improve from its current state.

Here is something from an old post of mine:

“So as it is right now, it is frustrating and clumsy to build your dojo.. this is due to cost of Forma, high building timer, and absure room deletion timer... But also the way you build.

It is very hard to get an idea of the finished product, and again due to the high timers, making a mistake is painful and waste of rl-time. This take the fun out of it imo.

I tried, with my poor drawing and copy-past skills, to come up with and idea on how it could look like.. I cannot believe how they ever thought that the current timer, resources and builder mode was great... Seems more like a quick solution, just to have it in game.”

Picture for a visual example 

http://imgur.com/mucUHHR

Edited by Dreamforger
Just need to read before posting ;)

16 hours ago, Dreamforger said:

Add a better build mod!

Let us see grids and scroll between levels. Then have an bare at the bottom with the different rooms.

We should be able to place them as we want (no need for power or connection), but if they are missing power etc. The doors leading to them will be red and closed. Missing connection then they will be unusable.

Let us be able to move rooms around to fit and match a clan dojo layout. 

Remove the Forma cost and timegate, it really isnt and RTS.

Add new functions to duelling and parkour room. You should be able to use the consol to change layout. Aka change the settings and look.

The parkour room would have different leaderboards for the different layouts and rules.

Make it happen. Dojos seems to be “easy” to improve from its current state.

Here is something from an old post of mine:

“So as it is right now, it is frustrating and clumsy to build your dojo.. this is due to cost of Forma, high building timer, and absure room deletion timer... But also the way you build.

It is very hard to get an idea of the finished product, and again due to the high timers, making a mistake is painful and waste of rl-time. This take the fun out of it imo.

I tried, with my poor drawing and copy-past skills, to come up with and idea on how it could look like.. I cannot believe how they ever thought that the current timer, resources and builder mode was great... Seems more like a quick solution, just to have it in game.”

Picture for a visual example 

http://imgur.com/mucUHHR

Love the way your idea is, the picture is a great go by as well. I want to see this in the Dojo, would make things so much easier.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/7/2015 at 4:33 AM, Volzien said:

Idea Categories

<General Feedback, Ideas & Changes>

• Getting rid of the parent/child room system in favor of a wayfinding system. allowing any room to be deleted as long as there are alternate routes.  

^This is sooo much needed, i can't believe its still in after the years, specially the clan halls dependencies , just let us destroy rooms without destroying 75% of the dojo and thousands decorations,PLEASE

Tenno Aquarium/Terrarium [Codex]

Different planet habitats like the deserts of Phobos, forests of Earth and the frozen lands of Europa. Would make for interesting "dead end" type room. Clan objectives to seek out different wildlife to scan/capture them when the wildlife faction gets fleshed out more to add them to the different habitats. Could even add in certain fauna as well.^

^ Haha i've had similar conversation with  buddy when the Plains came out and we discovered fishing, we wanted like aquarium based room where you could add fishes you catch in Plains

And we'd like to have option to pick old style rooms back

Nice list you have there, but would also add in a higher room capacity.

100 rooms is too low and not even mentioned anywhere in-game. The limit should be much higher, especially since there is an in-game "capacity" count that appears to mean nothing.

The ability to move rooms without losing how they were decorated.

Sometimes a room is placed in a bad spot for years, but was decorated nicely making it a tough choice on if the room should be removed or not. To solve this, the ability to move the room (at the cost of resources) would be something great to have. Would need a better dojo management system that could double as a "planner" of sorts.

Did a quick search and didn't see it so forgive me if it's be suggested before.  I'd love to have a private room in the dojo that i could decorate with my own stuff and not have to worry about it clashing with the main dojo design.  So here's the pitch; instead of Barracks being dead ends they have a few doors leading out.  as you level up the barrack it gets bigger maybe adding a second floor, or just getting larger like the clan halls.  The doors out would only let you add hallways and private rooms.  this way each member could build their own room, add their own decorations, and have a place to call home that isn't the orbiter. 

Was there already an Idea for a top down view planer, which allowes you to move every room? So you don’t have to destroy the half or nearly the whole Dojo to replace a Clan Hall.

And placing decorations and  being able to mirror decorations (like waterfalls) for perfect symmetrie. 

This Planer could have a 3D mode, which would allow to do stuff like coloring rooms, get rid of unnececary doors, placing the windows, maybe even manage which rank of member can pass through some doors/teleportes (so you could plan some events with a  few ppl) the rooms wouldn’t be on the map for other players). 

Ohhh and I want to be able to create for every single clan member a separate rank, because of I would have an Idea for Clan intern events made by players. 

On 11/29/2017 at 11:12 PM, LeopoldObelix said:

Also, Do we have a note on here somewhere about being able to open the Shudder in the Orokin Lab? It was the prettiest part of the Dojo, and we can't look out that window anymore.

No we don't actually since the shutters opening were tied on viewing in progress solar rails. (It would be nice for it to be just an awesome space window though, I honestly wouldn't mind a few more shutters around the dojo that open up like that)

They recently talked about creating your own obstacle, in the devstream 101. giving us the tools to make our own obstacle. but my question is, what will be the system that will be implemented to enjoy the maps, will be closed or we will be able to access other creations. I was thinking of a lobby with downloadable maps, where the most voted as positive are the most successful for being creative or challenging, something like the maps of dota or csgo. What is your opinion about the possible system of obstacles?

Edited by Racso_Six

985436DojoModulescopie.png

The dojo is curently devoted to trading and research. It would be interesting to make it a real sweet home for the tennos :).
This should weld players around a place of life and keep them longer on warframe.
We think that it will require improvement of communication.
For this, we need a giant panel on wich some of the members could write the clan news (survival challenges, contributions...)
The dojo should "replace" the landing craft by getting a foundry and a mod module. We should be able to start missions directly from the dojo (navigator in the observatory).
All of this will reinforce the idea of the dojo as the hub in wich the tennos, warriors of gun and blade, gather together to discuss of strategy, or even do some RP.

By Takeran & Rosemonde

Edited by Rosemonde

the DE is hosting the dojos now, and the dojo take low performance as we add decorations in the rooms (for those who love to decorate the dojo with golden event trophies, you know what I'm talking about) so the decorating limitation is necessary, especially in large halls .

however I agree that some gardens have a decorating limitation that greatly limits the creativity of the warlords.

dojos need more personalization, small details are important to create an own identity to the dojo as already we are tired of knowing:

- be able to choose where your dojo will stay in the solar system (influence the landscape of the dojo)
- choose the color and intensity of light inside the dojo
- more dojo color varieties
- more varieties of decorations (the clan choose a faction / syndicate style but not be able to collect all)

opinion: the dojo must bring new mechanics to the game, and mainly, to improve the mechanics that already exist inside the dojo that are very precarious..... not redundancies that already exist in relays and orbital. I gonna list some good examples below

Edited by --Blame--

in this last event (PLAGUE STAR) it was very clear that the RESOURCE DONATION interface for the clan is not intuitive

I had to spend the entire week in the alliance chatting as if donating resources to a statue, as players hope that by passing near the statue, a display will appear to press X in which you will be able to interact with the statue and donate resources, without the need to open several menus and lose time with clicks.

I agree that to insert new decorations the menu is necessary, however, to donate features, the interface should be more direct and simplified, like approaching a decoration/statue and press X. or if not, to add a vault of resources once, where the players dump their donations and the warlords apply them as the clan need for decorations and new weapons.

Edited by --Blame--

The MANAGMENT OF RANKS is also very exhaustive in medium / large clans, you need to demote / promote / kick inactive players one by one

There should be the option of selecting multiple players at once in the clan list, and being able to choose the action to take (as an email box).
facilitating clan administration and making it attractive in order to create an environment of union between players within it and differentiation / exclusivity should be the number one priority in this update, since warlord loses less time with bureaucracy and more time helping warlords to stay in the game, not wasting time, but playing the game

Edited by --Blame--