Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan & Dojo 3.0 Ideas, Suggestions & Changes

Volzien

Let us add music to the dojo.. I am okay with the meditation music, but would be nice if we could change it to the music, from the operator room.. love that soundtrack, very japanese/samurai stylish.

Something that isn't overly powerful would be great I think but the option to choose from a variety of soundtracks would be awesome. I feel like a few drums would liven up the dojo music a bit.

Also that track from the Second Dream is called "This Is What You Are" by Kieth Power. (If you go back to the focus room and wait till the music starts then use the esc menu to go to another part of your oribter/liset the music will keep playing and just loop instead of ending when you exit the room)

I like all these ideas. As for the docking area have it to where your clones you build for solar rails can stand guard with weapons in hand at your dojo doors once your ship is docked. Plus have the ability to allow NPC'S to walk around your dojo just like the relays but have like your clan emblem on their uniforms like they are a clans staff or something. Plus the ability to open the orokin wall whenever you want with a panel that launches you outside your dojo to run a Archwing obstacle course around your dojo.

I'm not sure how the clan emblem on the uniform would work but giving npcs in the dojo a clan badge would be pretty awesome and would scratch that itch.

If anyone has some concept art/visual aids of decorations/rooms or anything dojo related or would like to make some. Feel free to link it here so i can add it to the OP. 

Also I'm not sure how long that its been gone for but the pinned topics that were on this section of the forums are not there anymore. I recall there being a dojo poll and something else I think. I wonder why.

Edited by Volzien

I had a great idea (if I say so myself):

Training Room:

Have a training/simulation/holodeck room to teach new players. Choose what kind of enemies to spawn, whether they should be aggressive or passive, and placement. Or just different modes (Target Practice, Killing Spree (How many can you kill within 1 minute), Defense, Demonstration Mode).

EDIT: I love the idea with a Dojo AI like Ordis that welcomes players to the Dojo, tells when research is done and also if it could send announcements to members in and outside of Dojo (If there is a meeting, a Trial or Raid or Event or training going on).

The stuff with the clones and NPC's are a little irrelevant for me. If we had an AI, it would take care of everything, and "clones" would not be needed.

Edited by JohnnyDop3

So kinda like the X-Men Danger Room then? So how about an area that combines the Simularcrum with the obstacle course. Spawns certain maps with various attributes like for example a map that has a lot of  parkour elements and another could have little to none. You could add a timer/countdown for recording times/improving speeds  and you're able to change what enemies spawn in or if to spawn any at all. (faction, level, eximus etc). Make a basic shooting range to having to navigate a parkour map with enemies and then you could up the ante by also having to shoot targets along the way.

I'm really keen on the clan cephalon idea myself as its one of my ideas that I decided to add to this list after wanting to do something different with the oracle room. (Cephalon Oracle?) I'm happy to see that other people are interested in it as well. True on the AI handling everything but an AI could use helpers like we are to Simaris so having a few npcs around wouldn't hurt. The clones/npcs would be there just to liven up the dojo. Kinda sorta how they are now on the Relays. 

Oh wow I noticed that this thread has been viewed over 4000 times. Thanks to everyone supporting this thread! Hopefully when they do decide to revisit the dojo our thread will be one of the first they look at.

Edited by Volzien

With Devstream #67 on the way, now would be a good chance to try and get some dojo related questions posted on the thread to try and get them answered during the stream.  If you guys are able please go to the Devstream thread and ask a dojo related question along with any other questions you may have. Also you can link back to this thread as a chance to improve traffic back to the dojo feedback section.

My questions for Devstream #67

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/597413-coming-soon-devstream-67/?p=6760878

Edited by Volzien

Honestly, when I first played the game, I expected the Clan Dojo's to be... much more dynamic, and more closely themed to Orokin culture. I under stand that Tenno may have established schools or their own style, but in my head, it makes more sense (and aesthetically pleasing) if the Dojos had theme progressions from derelict>tenno>orokin. With the release of the Orokin moon, a Dojo retheme doesn't seem so far-fetched.

So here is today's idea.

I came up with this idea taking from another game, Mass Effect 2.  More specifically from the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC. Basically after the DLC Shepard has the opportunity to invest in some events that are taking place. Each investment costs a set number of credits, and once funded, the player can return the following day or after completing a mission for reports on the investments' results.

So how about some form of this for clans/dojos that have credits to spend but maybe not the resources to do certain things like fund research or decoration and could even give a clan mission. This could add another console in either the Tenno Lab/Orokin Lab or in the Mission Control Room (For those now joining in on the thread the Mission Control Room will be the Old Observatory, check the OP for more info)  That those with the appropriate clan rank can access. Funds can be made from the player or through the clan vault (Clan Rank multiplier will affect costs and outcomes) 

Example 1:  A Grineer informant has information on a large shipment of x (with x being any resource) being transported to Y (Location Name) on Z (Planet Name) Maybe the informant can be persuaded at a cost to disclose the location.    0/100,000 Credits. 

Example 2: A group of Tenno operatives have discovered the location of a hidden cache of X located at Corpus outpost Y on Z. Persuade the operatives to disclose the location to your clan first. 0/200,000 Credits, 5 Forma.

On successful funding the Clan Cephalon (Oracle) updates navigation in the Mission Control Room. This could be an example of a clan mission to breathe some life back into the clan system. This could even bring back the old raid mission type. After completion of the mission the resource that was raided from the location is added to the clan vault.

That is it for today's idea. Let me know what you guys think. If you have any ideas to add to this or  see something that needs to change let me know.

I'm not sure if I missed it or not but I didn't hear about anything regarding the dojo on the lastest Devstream. This makes me a very sad warlord.

Edit: They did say that new dojo rooms would be great but that is about all we got.

Edited by Volzien

I honestly miss the "orokin" style of the dojo. They are now "tenno" but come on, the lighting from the orokin set were SO much cooler. Maybe have the ability to build a hallway and then choose the "hallway style" whether it be Tenno, Orokin, or Umbra (if they add that in the future :3)

• 2 weeks later...

+1 OP

First time on the forums to suggest an arsenal in the dueling room but that is covered so no need.

I would love to see all the suggestions made in this thread implemented, it would be very cool. 

Thanks for consolidating them so I don't have to trawl through pages of old posts lol :)

=DISCLAIMER: I'm not sure if this will get noticed or even read, so Im putting this everywhere I see, since IDK where to put it.=

My idea involves the Dark Sectors as well, most clan have a ton of credits and resources they don't even use and are unable to even distribute it to among its members.

Why not make so we can give resources and credits in the clan away as rewards for missions, missions specifically set by the leadership of said clan. What things missions might be I have a few ideas that extend into other things as well. Naturally to help relegate what is earned I was thinking adding a Vault room to the dojo, this would add another that gives the clan its own unique feel.

To help Dark Sectors become more relevant, I would like to fondle the idea of having clans becoming able to search, locate, and finally attack other clans. This can create missions players can use to gain the resources from their clan vault, not to mention come back home with the taste of either victory or defeat in their mouths.

When a clan attacks another clan, they will be attacking their dojo, and since its extremely taxing to build a dojo, have it so that instead of destroying or stealing a dojo, have disable the dojo. This way the clan that was attacked has to repair their dojo using the resources it has and/or has gathered. 

For example: Clan A has found and located Clan B and has begun its invasion of their dojo, the goal is to fight the Clan B into submission and do as much damage as possible, by attacking both players and key structure weaknesses in said room. If the room is effectively "destroyed", that room becomes disabled and unable to be used until repaired, from their Clan A must travel from room to room "destroying" them until they hit the max limit of rooms they are allowed to destroy, I would say 10-20 rooms should be the limit, or Clan B fights them off by depleting Clan A's "Reinforcement Pool" which I would have the set to the same way you have Conclave 4v4 Slayer cap.

The rooms that are disabled receive a temporary tile set, looking something similar to a Infested Orokin Derelect, meaning its utterly damaged, and becomes unable to be used until they are repaired. Once attacked a clan is unable to be attacked again nor can it attack until its dojo is fully repaired, which after it is fully repaired it receives a 1 day armistice, which means no one can attack said clan until 24 hours, unless the clan under armistice decides to give it up, in exchange for a chance to attack another clan or counter-strike the clan that attacked it.

Natural players would want defenses against these sort of things, and I doubt both attackers and defenders alike, would like the attackers to just suddenly start spawning inside of the spawn room. So to fix this I have thought up of an idea to make it work. For the "where to spawn" Problem, have the clans either create a "drop off" net room, which basically its as big if not bigger than the Obstacle Course room which can be placed any where and you can have multiple, at your clans expense. These rooms have specific "decorations" ranging from walls and ceilings, to traps and turrets, allowing players to create so rather unique defenses. Or instead of that clans a elect to merging their dojo to a specific tile set such as a Grineer mining facility or a hidden Corpus base, even an infested Orokin derelect. This will provide spawning for the attackers as well as provide a unique type of defense, as attackers must run it like a normal mission, cutting down mobs while trying to locate the connector that connects that dojo to that tile set, and no the connector can not be disabled. The down side to this is it allows the dominate faction to randomly invade your dojo and you must fight off, for example, infested. Another downside is that once you merge with a tile set, you not allowed to unattached.

If the clan decides to merge with a tile set, that tile set will provide unparalleled information about that faction and thus upgrades that factions lab, Example: Connected to Orokin Derelect = Upgraded Bio Lab. Allowing for unique research to help improve warframes against said faction, like having passive resistance against poison. So forth and so on, this with all require so form of creation and research to make this possible for the clans. More potent defenses should be researched in the Void lab to give more traditional use

Then lastly this problem, the different tiers of clans. Just have it so a clan can fight its own level or higher. Basically a Moon Clan can only attack another Moon Sized Clan while a Ghost Clan can attack anyone it wants, If a Ghost Clan becomes a Shadow Clan, it can now only attack other Shadow Clans and up, so forth and so on.

This would give Clans an interesting way to both express themselves, gives us serveral ways to earn resources in our clan's vault, as well as adding new research and a way to spend it.

So what is everyone's thoughts on this, whether I'd be a Genius/retarted/Insane. I would like to see what everyone thinks of this idea.

And yes I have several more.

Email: thojim101@gmail.com

+1 to the OP, especially #5 and 12 (and please add a Search option to the Trading Post so I don't scroll through my stuff for days). I enjoy threads that stay fresh despite their age, but at the same time, DE should get some of things in the game already! Hehe. Yeah, they have more important things than optional aesthetics, I know I know.

I had a few thoughts and was about to make my own thread, but I noticed this thread because I like to search and make sure that my totally awesome original idea wasn't already thought of by at least 100 other people.

So here it goes:

I love how DE changed the trophy earning scheme. Instead of top clans per tier, a group of hard-working but not competitive people have something pretty to show future clannies for their elbow grease. As a result our dojo has a few nice trophies now. I'd love for these to be...a little more...realistic, and interactive:

1) The top part of the trophy that displays the event-related entity...I think this should always colored and textured so it turns out to be a scale model of the real thing. The pedestal it stands on is what's terracotta, bronze, silver, or gold. They all have a white plaque on one side with Tenno language symbols. I realize that changing trophies after implementation is somewhat ridiculous and would not be liked by many, but I can dream. I just want to see an actual Bursa instead of the rusty terracotta thing we got for participating. The pedestal can be terracotta, that is fine and lets us know what we did at a glance.

EDIT: The pedestal can stay grey, the plaque can be what's Terracotta/Bronze/Silver/Gold. That's even prettier :)

2) Approaching the trophy on the side that has this plaque brings up a panel that says: "EVENTNAME Clan Participants"

Pressing X (or whatever you've keybound that too) will bring up the Leaderboard information for that event, revealing which members did the stuff to earn that trophy. Press escape to exit this screen and resume staring at pretty trophy. This works for non-clannie Tenno visiting your dojo, so they know which members to try and convince to leave and join their clan instead. Mwahahaha. I would cry.

On a totally different note, I'd love the ability to rename teleporter pads without destroying them and placing a new one and renaming it. We alphabetize ours for convenience, but things come and go you know? (If renaming a teleporter is possible in some way without destroying the teleporter, let me know please).

Edited by Novaster

I would like to suggest a clan shop with an npc, also make it with following exclusive conditions:

- a week-old member can access the clan shop

- clan member able to buy clan sigil, fireworks

- trading gadget (with able to access in missions)

- trading in credits only to get loyalty tokens in return (clan currency)

- in-game clan titles which will be able to turn on/off able to display in-game to other players

- clan rank emblems

- clan dojo quick (tutorial) overview: cinematic play of the dojo and its functions for new clan-mate. Available with skip functions if they know the functions.

- clan dojo overview: cinematic play of the current dojo settings and locations of the various facilities available.

- leaderboards: a perma/temporary gadget that allows clan-members to see the current leaderboards of each member in the duel arena, contributions, obstacle course in one gadget.

Council hall: Like a parliament, but made different with one side as against and another as support while the middle is the speaker. Those whom against and support can make votes to the poll from the person in the middle, and they are all entitled to exclusive emotes in the room only. The speaker will be able to make an speech animation possibly in loop to demonstrate it's talking (if tenno can't speak, emotes to express will be great as well). It can be with different settings: arena-type, lecture-hall type, tournament-type. 

Duel arena 2.0: 

- Duel Arena is made bigger and able to endure player-generated type sized maps and coordinated through a mutual voting system. 

- Duellers will be able to make it a private room and they will disappear without a host-migration interference to continue the duel in a quiet-secluded dimension, while the other dimension (global) is not disturbed and able to use the duel arena as follows.   

- Duellers will be able to see and come to agreement on which map they want to vote as a challenge.

- 2-rounds default mode is improved with: Sudden Attack, Power break, Melee/Secondary/Primary/No kubrow only, Time-attack, Grand Finale (one chance)

- A navigational panel to show current matches and able to spectate and join as a spectator.

- Leader boards that show current streak, defeats and victories each member holds in the clan.

- Mini-game settings: Duellers are able to challenge each other to the deepest by having different seetings like; one-road bridge (can be broke by enemy weapon, maze, energy-reduction, castle war (using power or tools available in the different dimension to destroy another enemies' castle), hostage mode (duellers are able to take another dueller's hostage to either kill them or capture them which will gain +xx%, +xx% respectively. Dueller's can only kill if they are not within the dueller's radius, or capture them if dueller has died. Died because their health-point decreases each interval. In addition, they will be put into a dueller's mutual voting system. Duellers must capture all the hostages that are hidden in the map before time runs out, or gain higher health at the end to win the match.

Dojo statues: including warlord, statue that can be customised by the clan warlord to design a certain clan-member based on show-profile/ or manual customization of the parts. Statues can be of scaling from biggest to smallest. Bosses, as well as infested, corpus, Player-to-player trading statue, obstacle course statue, duel-arena statue, more statues to glorify.

Trading 2.0/Market 2.0: No more player-to-player trading and have a trading platform. In this trading platform, players can gather around the centre where the npc traders are. In terms of the player buy/sell of the items affects the profitability of trades. Players are able to buy their desired parts by typing in the search bar and with filter keyword functions. They can able to buy/sell more than 1 parts of same item which allows them to make fair business, as well as buying in bulk (anti-toxin injectors, keys etc). All market items will be able to purchase through search, however not applies to steam.The new market should now only consists of prime-access, boosters and steam. Blue-prints and everything can be in search, full-cost functions same as previous market.

So now if players want to trade, they just head to market panel in the liset and they will be able to see the 'exchange station' which a place where they will be directed to the zone of the exchange via a separate node or exclusive map on the solar map, as well as the simplified tabs of just 4: Exchange Station, Prime-access, Boosters, Steam.

-Baro 1.2: Add in inbox message, news message, animation of baro's arrival greeting during the two days whenever player returns to liset after mission which they are able to turn if off via options, or disappears when player visited baro during the trade.

-Clan message of the day with sound of lotus/alad V, stalker, etc.  

I don't understand why we need so many huge empty halls.  It would make sense to just be able to upgrade your clan hall to the next tier as the rooms can feel quiet empty.  Also being able to have an elevator that goes up and down would be great.

I don't understand why we need so many huge empty halls.  It would make sense to just be able to upgrade your clan hall to the next tier as the rooms can feel quiet empty.  Also being able to have an elevator that goes up and down would be great.

true, like clash of clans type of idea. I'm not sure it'll be implemented, will need to see.

Looks like this thread got hit with a few new posts since I've been away. I'll be updating the OP sometime tomorrow. Its awesome to see some new ideas! I completely forgot about the event trophies since my clan didn't manage to get one but I like these ideas so far!

+1 to the OP, especially #5 and 12 (and please add a Search option to the Trading Post so I don't scroll through my stuff for days). I enjoy threads that stay fresh despite their age, but at the same time, DE should get some of things in the game already! Hehe. Yeah, they have more important things than optional aesthetics, I know I know.

I had a few thoughts and was about to make my own thread, but I noticed this thread because I like to search and make sure that my totally awesome original idea wasn't already thought of by at least 100 other people.

Haha I try to keep this thread updated as much as I can but it is up to everyone to make sure it keeps getting fresh ideas while expanding on old ones. Some of the things we are asking for though should be simple changes you'd think lol. Most people do not search before making a topic though unfortunately we don't have an active moderator in this feedback section to combine posts so I try and redirect people back to this one

+1 OP

First time on the forums to suggest an arsenal in the dueling room but that is covered so no need.

I would love to see all the suggestions made in this thread implemented, it would be very cool. 

Thanks for consolidating them so I don't have to trawl through pages of old posts lol :)

No problem lol the thread just kinda grew and just turned into a megathread on its own so its been kinda fun making sure its taken care of :D

#1 Most Important Thing I Want: DOJO TENNOGEN. 

Seriously, the decorations can be limited as far as statues and other objects go. Would love to see some Tennogen stuff! Not sure if this could be run as a kind of "benefit the community" suggestion or not though. I don't wanna pay plat for dojo items. Kind of contradictory towards Tennogen but eh. I want more decorations!

Most of these are just all petty things that I really want to do in my dojo to make it pretty. C:

Dojo Tennogen would be a great way to see what the community could add to dojos. They could probably do contests and such for plat prizes because paying for decorations with plat wouldn't be that great.

Also yes that  is what the majority of us are here for on this thread :D  We just want nice, rad and pretty dojos to show off. It's not that much to ask for isn't it?

I will put here my ideas for the Dojo. =)

I would like to add some sugestions. =)

Dojo defense - Make Corpus/Grineer/Infested random invasions on the Dojo that could be divided in 3 stages.

1º - intercept enemy vessel - Players have to invade enemy ships that are in rout to our Dojo and sabotage the ship, if a good number of players (depending on the clan tier) perform this mission the invasion is avoided. Rewards players and the dojo with resources and credits.

2º - Defend the Dojo - The enemy arrived at the dojo and need to be stoped, players must survive to 10 mins of enemy waves to avoid they take controll of the ship. Like the 1º, a number of players of the clan must help to stop the invasion on this stage based on the clan tier. Rewards players and the dojo with resources and credits.

3º - If all fail, the enemy take controll of the dojo, to regain control, players must invade its dojo and exterminate enemy forces to claim the Dojo back. Like the 1º, a number of players of the clan must help to stop the invasion on this stage based on the clan tier. Rewards players and the dojo with resources and credits.

Aditions:

- The mission may be done by less players to avoid such invasions, but they will do it more times to compensate for other players that my not be able to help.

- There should be a way to install internal and external defences on the Dojo that may help to diminish the number of missions needed to avoid the invasion.

- Specters batalions could be set to help on the dojos defense.

- Dificulty of the enemies could increase depending on witch halls are builded on the Dojo, to a level max of 30 to 40.

Dojo Codex - The Dojo codex would be like the normal codex, but after an enemy entry is completed, the clan member could earn extra bufs of Damage, Crit Chance ou damage reduction again such enemies on any mission with more then 2 clan member in the same group. To complete a clan codex entry, clan members must perform a set number of scans, example 60 scans for a ghost clan of a comom enemy.

Sorry about my english. =X

I have no idea if someone has said this before, but the dojo arena needs ammo boxes. Whenever my small clan has a "fight party" we must keep leaving and re-entering only to replenish our ammo. This or get to the point where we must do melee only matches because everyone runs out of ammo.

I bet we're not the only ones

Edited by -----LegioN-----