Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan & Dojo 3.0 Ideas, Suggestions & Changes

Volzien

I meant if the section already has a transporter, then you should be allowed to remove the joined sections as long as transporters remain.  i hate having to use long corridors and elevators.

This is a very interesting idea, which I'm surprised I had never even considered beforehand. It would be nice to be able to construct a long hallway (say something ridiculous like 10 extended straight pieces) and then build a reactor complex or something at the end of it. After that, so long as at least one transporter is accessible (i.e, can be reached from the area the player spawns in) and one transporter is placed in the reactor complex, connecting rooms in between could be deleted.

I actually really like this idea, the sad part is that we'll have to wait for the Dojo room system to be upgraded to utilize a wayfinding system so that the game knows any and all routes to any room in the Dojo, and can determine if there's only one possible route to a destination (thus preventing the removal of transporters or rooms that provide this single route of access).

The problem with isolating rooms with transporters would be how the parent/child room system works so that would have to be changed. You would have to delete the room you were wanting to isolate in order to delete the hall/connector/room that is connected to it. While I like the idea, I wouldn't really want it implemented. Reason being is that I wouldn't want the transporter in the isolated room to bug out somehow and be unusable or have someone who would think it would be super hilarious to delete said transporter, making the room inaccessible.

The first part of your point is addressed above, where I mention the wayfinding system needing to be implemented first. As for your second point, if such a wayfinding system was implemented, the game would easily be able to disallow the removal of the only remaining route to a given room - i.e., if only a transporter links to an isolated section, the game would disallow it's removal until a second route was established.

As for bugging out, that would be up to DE to make it reliable. I would hope that some sort of stateless system is implemented so that even if something does get messed up, simply reloading the Dojo would re-establish transporter links and fix the irregular behavior.

Edited by Azimuth64

The first part of your point is addressed above, where I mention the wayfinding system needing to be implemented first. As for your second point, if such a wayfinding system was implemented, the game would easily be able to disallow the removal of the only remaining route to a given room - i.e., if only a transporter links to an isolated section, the game would disallow it's removal until a second route was established.

As for bugging out, that would be up to DE to make it reliable. I would hope that some sort of stateless system is implemented so that even if something does get messed up, simply reloading the Dojo would re-establish transporter links and fix the irregular behavior.

Your post pretty much sums up what I was thinking when/after I made mine. It seems that we are all in agreement that the current room system needs to change to make things a bit easier on us just as long as there is a way to go from room to room. I don't see how that would be too much of a problem to do so. 

We're tired of no getting any #upgrade to the dojos...

Pretty much the whole reason for this thread lol the Dojo is definitely in need of some TLC. I'm kind of disappointed that not one of the fifty or so questions on Devstream #50 was about the Dojo. (If there was one I somehow missed it) 

Your post pretty much sums up what I was thinking when/after I made mine. It seems that we are all in agreement that the current room system needs to change to make things a bit easier on us just as long as there is a way to go from room to room. I don't see how that would be too much of a problem to do so. 

Agreed. I admit that even just trying to conceptualize how one would go about building a wayfinding system, I can see how the logistics would be complex and require a lot of work. Plus, since I'm ignorant of the details of said intricacies, I'm sure there's even more work involved that I haven't been able to take into consideration. That all being said, the main point remains that they wouldn't need to build a new wayfinding system - All missions already make use of one!

The level map is capable of finding a way from point A to point B in all three dimensions within a randomized tileset. If the game is capable of doing that in a level, it would definitely be able to do so within a mostly static map such as the Dojo.

Again, I'll admit ignorance to the intricacies of the system and what all would be involved, but given that they have one already, I can't really think of a reason why it couldn't be implemented within the Dojo, assuming of course that the Dojo isn't built in a way that makes this impossible without completely rebuilding the system.

Edited by Azimuth64

@Azimuth64 : On the surface of it, a wayfinding system as you call it would not be that difficult to implement programmatically. Put into a very rough lay-man's form the client would only have to check if one particular entrance is currently pointing to another room and then determine if the user is allowed to remove the adjoining room based on whether or not there is a transporter (excluding any other checks/parameters/properties that are in place, of course).

If DE have setup the properties in a way I suspect they might have, then gathering this information is as easy as traversing a Rooms properties; such as CurrentRoom.HasTransporter, CurrentRoom.Entrance(SelectedEntranceNode).HasAdjoiningRoom and so on.

I better stop there or I'm going to waffle on using programming-theorycrafting. xD

In short, it shouldn't be difficult to implement at all.

@SR-02: Well when you put it that way, it sounds as if I'm comparing making a wayfinding system to building a mountain out of bricks. :P

But yes, you're right. Also, now I suddenly want to be able to mess with these kinds of systems and see what's possible. O: I consider myself a novice to intermediate level programmer (I don't work with it as much as I would like to), and coding game mechanics for these kinds of things sounds rather interesting.

Hahaha, sorry; and here was me trying to keep it simple. xD

Basically, I'm saying that if DE used a system of collections to keep track what is going on, it would be easy to find what they need. For example, CurrentRoom could be of type TRoom, now TRoom is a collection item with various properties; such as size, height, width, number of entrances, and so on. In addition, it can have a sub-collection of type TEntrances which is in itself a collection of Entrances (of type TEntrance), one of the properties of TEntrance could be HasAdjoiningRoom, which is a property which is set when a room is joined to that Entrance item. The AdjoiningRoom property is a pointer to the room that joined to that entrance, therefore AdjoiningRoom is an object of type TRoom. It's a bit circular which I think would be easy to navigate. 

Any better? :D

I just returned from visiting the void trader at the relay and I've noticed that the relay menu already has the inventory section so you can view everything besides mods. I know there is code involved but it shouldn't be to hard to make that available to the dojo menu system.

Hahaha, sorry; and here was me trying to keep it simple. xD

Basically, I'm saying that if DE used a system of collections to keep track what is going on, it would be easy to find what they need. For example, CurrentRoom could be of type TRoom, now TRoom is a collection item with various properties; such as size, height, width, number of entrances, and so on. In addition, it can have a sub-collection of type TEntrances which is in itself a collection of Entrances (of type TEntrance), one of the properties of TEntrance could be HasAdjoiningRoom, which is a property which is set when a room is joined to that Entrance item. The AdjoiningRoom property is a pointer to the room that joined to that entrance, therefore AdjoiningRoom is an object of type TRoom. It's a bit circular which I think would be easy to navigate. 

Any better? :D

I consider myself an intermediate programmer, so I understood everything you said the first time. :3 Just, the loop logic kinda makes my head hurt if I think about it too hard. :P

If set up correctly though, a looping structure would be able to navigate all possible paths, I think.

I consider myself an intermediate programmer, so I understood everything you said the first time. :3 Just, the loop logic kinda makes my head hurt if I think about it too hard. :P

If set up correctly though, a looping structure would be able to navigate all possible paths, I think.

Ah, my bad. :)

Yes, using a structure you could easily loop through, like collections, you could easily locate what you needed, such as:

I work for a company that provides medical software so we have a lot of various connections to consider, accounts to patients, addresses and contact details to accounts and patients, profiles to accounts, patients to profiles, account transactions to profiles and so on and so forth; we primarily use a system of Collections to build out a structure that is very easy to navigate. 

But again, it all depends on how DE have structured their code which would determine how easy/difficult it would be to set it up.

Ah, my bad. :)

Yes, using a structure you could easily loop through, like collections, you could easily locate what you needed, such as:

I work for a company that provides medical software so we have a lot of various connections to consider, accounts to patients, addresses and contact details to accounts and patients, profiles to accounts, patients to profiles, account transactions to profiles and so on and so forth; we primarily use a system of Collections to build out a structure that is very easy to navigate. 

But again, it all depends on how DE have structured their code which would determine how easy/difficult it would be to set it up.

Ah, that makes sense.:3 Yeah, it'd be interesting to see what kind of organizational structure is in place for the rooms. Though, to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if it was just a recursive parent-child hierarchy and that's all. Something like...

class Room{  public int RoomId;  public Room ParentRoom;  public List<Room> ChildRooms;}

This is just a basic example I came up with on the fly in C#, but it just occurred to me that it may be literally set up that way given the parent-child organizational structure of Dojo nodes and the simple layout impossibilities that result from such a setup.

Allow us to add resources to the treasury

Perhaps a dojo planner/design mode that allows us to visualise and plan our intended design without using resources, when we are happy with the design we can then start with the contribution of resources and building the sections, also allow export of dojo/section designs as templates.

Allow us to use our bought colour palettes in the dojo instead of polychrome.

Allow us to merge the corridor sections, eliminating some of the doors and also allow removal of the starter clan hall if a higher tier one is already built or allow us to upgrade the starter hall.

Allow us to change the player spawn point.

Edited by (PS4)shadowwraith_666

Allow us to rush room destruction, having to wait 2 hours for a room to "delete" is a pain in the arse, especially if you decide to remodel the whole dojo, if we can rush room construction then why not room destruction?.

I understand your pain here, I'm in the process of rebuilding my Clan's Dojo currently. However, from what I understand, the original Dojo system required 24 hours for destruction, so I can't complain too much.

That all being said, if DE wants to add way to throw plat at accelerating room destruction, I'm all for it.

Allow us to add resources to the treasury

Perhaps a dojo planner/design mode that allows us to visualise and plan our intended design without using resources, when we are happy with the design we can then start with the contribution of resources and building the sections, also allow export of dojo/section designs as templates.

Allow us to use our bought colour palettes in the dojo instead of polychrome.

Allow us to merge the corridor sections, eliminating some of the doors and also allow removal of the starter clan hall if a higher tier one is already built or allow us to upgrade the starter hall.

Allow us to change the player spawn point.

Add resources to Treasury - Yes please!

Planner / Design Mode - a very interesting concept! I've wanted a better build system for decorations, but I had never considered being able to lay out all the rooms you desire and construct them as you go. That would be much nicer to my current "Let's toss all the map tiles in Excel and then click and drag to position everything and hope it all fits right" method.

Colour palettes in Dojo - While this is an interesting thought, I doubt it will happen. There's just too much possibility for variety, and they want Clans to have to work for their customization colors. I would agree the current Polychrome palette definitely needs expansion, though.

Merging corridor sections - Again, yes please!

Player Spawn Point - You can already do this relative to Clan Halls. Only the Warlord can do it, but any Hall may be set as the Dojo spawn point once it's fully constructed. Note this applies to halls, not connector hallways.

Edited by Azimuth64

A good fix in the largest gardens would be nice as we can't place items in them apart from a rare few spots, it annoys me a lot not to be able to place those red trees in the red leaves garden or those small islands in the aquatic gardens. Also i think that the small gardens are very limited in capacity, can't place much inside them.

More placeable furniture would be nice as well because all these large Dojo rooms feel very empty. It could include:

*more statues (tenno statues) and even that big exca prime statue that is inside orokin derelicts,

*variants of the the trees with tenno flowerpots so we don't have trees growing out of the flat metal floor

*more size variants of the existing furniture, let's have giants dragons and buddhas

*see those round plates that allow us to kneel ? Please allow us to place these anywhere we want.

disable stamina usage in the dojo, yes you can use elevators and transporters, but running allows traversing corridors quicker.

allow resizing of the trade and vault stations, do they really need to be so big?

enable the doors at the top and bottom of the reactor room.

if the reactor room is so high, shouldn't it be visible on both upper and lower floors?, afterall you enter in the middle of the room and there are doors at the top and bottom of the room that are both lit with white lights to indicate that they can be opened instead of red lights to indicate that they cannot be opened.

allow resizing of the trade and vault stations, do they really need to be so big?

they are big stations with four interfaces for four tennos to use it, i'm ok with the size; although i think all dojo items need to be able to be scaled bigger and smaller for decoration purposes.