DE_Adam

Psa: Autohotkey Ban Qualification

It has come to our attention that there is some confusion regarding the use of AutoHotKey macros, and whether the use of AutoHotKey.exe alone is enough to warrant a ban (in short: it’s not).  We understand that while these hotkeys can be used for exploitative purposes they also serve a very important function in assisting players with potential disabilities -- something that we’re very mindful of.

Because of this there are other factors involved in receive a ban due to the use of AutoHotKey.exe, including a review of multiple stats on the account in question.  Should you receive a ban that you feel is not warranted, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be sure to review the circumstances regarding your ban as soon as possible.

We hope this clears up any confusion regarding the use of AutoHotKey.exe and our stance on macros that assist players in-game.  Rest assured, running such software in isolation is not grounds for an immediate ban.

-DE_Adam

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 72

Its good to know Macros won't ban us.

I for one use my .05 second fire macro with my Telos Akbolto in extreme emergencies. It uses up incredible amounts of ammo, but allows me to clear an area to save an ally fairly easily.

• Upvote 30

I am really fine either way, can't think of what other ways people use macros for in warframe.

• Upvote 5

It's also a lifesaver for a Nekros. Other times you can have it constantly hitting the reload key. Sort of like the function from TF2 which autoreloads when you're not shooting.

Edited by TerraNovaX

If so then why are my semi weapons capped with a 10 firerate? When is clearly shows much higher.

• Upvote 32

From what I can gather, you're essentially saying anyone caught using autohotkey for exploits such as E-Gate could be in for a bit of trouble.

• Upvote 8

From what I can gather, you're essentially saying anyone caught using autohotkey for exploits such as E-Gate could be in for a bit of trouble.

Not really.

Thank you for this fix i wish there was an update with the limits lf nuggles to we need more limits )

Its good to know Macros won't ban us.

I for one use my .05 second fire macro with my Telos Akbolto in extreme emergencies. It uses up incredible amounts of ammo, but allows me to clear an area to save an ally fairly easily.

Dualwielded semi-automatic weapons really ought to become Duplex-auto (similar to Tigris) so macros don't feel so "necessary".

I mean doing so:

* helps with RoF a lot, so dualwielding semiautos gets their dualwielded benefit (higher RoF than single) more easily

* reduces mousebutton wear

* as said, removes macro-"necessities" for top RoF, reducing banning risks etc

* simulates like if you actually had two triggerfingers (since you only play with one mouse for two weapons, it's kinda hard to simulate that in any other way, unless you wanna play with two mice and no keyboard :P)

I dunno what's not to like about such a change...

• Upvote 35

Thank you for this fix i wish there was an update with the limits lf nuggles to we need more limits )

Fix? what fix? What limits? Did you even read the OP or just blindly saying thanks in a dev post? 

Does this only apply to "autohotkey.exe" cause there are plenty of other programs that allow turbo or click macros. 

Also, ive seen people get these bans before and they are for 20 years. Why does using a click macro earn you a perma ban? 

Edited by armedpoop
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Dualwielded semi-automatic weapons really ought to become Duplex-auto (similar to Tigris) so macros don't feel so "necessary".

I mean doing so:

* helps with RoF a lot, so dualwielding semiautos gets their dualwielded benefit (higher RoF than single) more easily

* simulates like if you actually had two triggerfingers (since you only play with one mouse for two weapons, it's kinda hard to simulate that in any other way, unless you wanna play with two mice and no keyboard :P)

well one thing is it forces at least a 2 shot, which means lower ammo efficiency by default. 

• Upvote 1

Nice yo know that as long as we use it in a certain way its fine. Maybe actually TELL us the stats in question rather than just make a blanket statement that essentially just says "it's fine as long as you use it in the unspecified way we choose"

• Upvote 4

So,

Autohotkey is ok, except when its not.

This post doesn't really clear the issue up.

Just wait until they found out why everyone is banned. Maybe they'll give another statement then

Edited by .-KG-..-Ragulab-.

I mean doing so:

lol i would love that (mostly cuz i love tigris), this would at least make them feel different from a single weapon with a  higher magazine

well one thing is it forces at least a 2 shot, which means lower ammo efficiency by default. 

not really you can "press" + "aim again" + "release" like you do with Tigris and kill 2 targets in a single motion.

• Upvote 4

Nope, it does not. Duplex is not the same as a two-shot burst. Duplex-trigger means that you shoot one shot upon pressing the button, and you shoot another shot when you release the button. Holding the button means you can wait with the second shot. Plus, other actions like reloading etc will cancel your held button as well, so you don't have to hold it down constantly either.

• Upvote 7

The information provided is too vague to be useful - kindly provide some real world examples where using this sort of macro is considered an exploit. Expecting players to petition after the fact without providing enough information to avoid the ban in the first place is pretty poor. This sort of reads like you can only use it if you have a disability, but it doesn't come right out and say that...I'm also curious as to how you intend on proving/disproving whether a player is disabled or not

I don't love the duplex option because it means firing two shots unless you do something to interrupt the second shot upon mouse release. This will undoubtedly cause less ammo efficency on average, I also don't want to have to micro manage every shot like that (don't wanna make that second shot? gotta hold your mouse button down and hit reload...no thanks). Beyond that I'm not sure it would actually solve the issue.

The use of this macro stems from problems with high RoF dual wielded pistols as well as Burst rifles. You cannot attain max dps with something like Telos Akbolto without either employing an auto click macro, or binding fire to something stupid like your mousewheel (I'm sorry - some people can live with this, but I've tried and it's simply terrible), the same can be said for rifles like Burston prime, where you can get a bit closer to max RoF but constantly having to time your mouse clicks makes using these rifles a big chore when compared to their fully automatic counterparts.

Edited by o0Spoonman0o
  • Upvote 10

Fix? what fix? What limits? Did you even read the OP or just blindly saying thanks in a dev post? 

Does this only apply to "autohotkey.exe" cause there are plenty of other programs that allow turbo or click macros. 

Also, ive seen people get these bans before and they are for 20 years. Why does using a click macro earn you a perma ban?

dude i guess u should think before u speak little tenno.

That's good, I use autohotkey to help overcome a disability. Warframe's disability of not being able to rebind the screenshot key. Because I am not reaching over to press F6 while in the middle of a firefight.

• Upvote 11

So , it is OK to use it or not? this is very confusing 

also ,we're talking about AutoKey but what about Keyboard with already included macro? does same thing but does not use any external program...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Wait, do I get this right? Using AutoHotKey or a similar program (no, I don't use those) alone will NOT get me banned. If I get reported for it, I COULD get banned depending on certain stats, if they point to exploitative use of macros (E Gate)?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1