Psa: Autohotkey Ban Qualification

DE_Adam

Duplex-Auto

or... instead of that cancer of a Trigger type (if you've ever used a real gun, you will understand why such a trigger design would be completely moronic and extremely unsafe):

(for Dual Weapons) one Weapon fires with Primary Fire, one with Alternate Fire.

you could bind both to the same button if you really wanted(fire both at the same time, woo i guess), or have them on different buttons for more control. still allows for a more comfortable firing experience without being forced to use something idiotic.

and don't remove Fine Aim capabilities because there's no reason to.

nobody uses the scroll wheel for semi-auto?

use the scroll wheel for semi-auto.

every click from the scroll wheel will register as a click (equivalent to firing the weapon)

It may be burst but with the RoF of AkMagnus and Telos AkBolto, it makes them ammo efficient.

we can easily reach for 1,2,3,4 on the number rows. why use the scroll wheel for switching between powers?

Edited by XenoZepherus

or... instead of that cancer of a Trigger type (if you've ever used a real gun, you will understand why such a trigger design would be completely moronic and extremely unsafe):

(for Dual Weapons) one Weapon fires with Primary Fire, one with Alternate Fire.

you could bind both to the same button if you really wanted(fire both at the same time, woo i guess), or have them on different buttons for more control. still allows for a more comfortable firing experience without being forced to use something idiotic.

and don't remove Fine Aim capabilities because there's no reason to.

This sounds like the special Bruser from Hawken. One vulcan on each arm, each bound to a different mouse button.

i dont get it... WTF with al those people using sideprograms?? And after that soome douchebags claim that Warframe is too easy for them as a game...

I LOVE my Semi-Auto Pistols, but the click-click of using Mouse1 LITERALLY broke my last mouse's button, and Scroll up/down makes my finger hurt/tire very fast. Those Macros for semi-autos can be very convinient, but its not game changing, its like I'm using Scroll Up/Down fast minus the hassle of giving my finger that workout.

I LOVE my Semi-Auto Pistols, but the click-click of using Mouse1 LITERALLY broke my last mouse's button, and Scroll up/down makes my finger hurt/tire very fast. Those Macros for semi-autos can be very convinient, but its not game changing, its like I'm using Scroll Up/Down fast minus the hassle of giving my finger that workout.

Sounds like a bad mouse! I've been using the same Logitech G9 since 2008. Mind you, most mouse buttons do have a life cycle, but gaming will always require countless additional clicks.

Here's my example for the use of AutoHotKey:

I've hard times to keep track of the duration of some skills like Vortex, Bastille, Invisibility, etc.
the icons and numbers are simply too small, have the same color/bad contrast...

a solution in form of an option which would scale/recolor that specific icons&numbers without
touching the rest of the UI would be nice but isn't possible/implemented yet.

another solution would be some kind of a beep-sound playing 5 seconds before the duration ends,
which again isn't possible/implemented yet.

But AutoHotKey can do that with a simple script playing a sound 5 seconds before the duration ends.
So i would say this is definitely an AutoHotKey funktion assisting players with potential disabilities.

my opinion regarding auto click macro, basically this:

Greets

I understood what is allowed but i still can't figure out the answer regarding what isn't allowed.

Running the software is ok, but what if i run the software and a script to press a key over and over to assist me in doing my boring task.

1 for greedy pull, 3 for nekros,.......

Is a script that presses a key over and over ok or not?

Another way to put the question is:

In what way will the ban happen while using autohotkey? you said it alone it wouldn't warrant a ban, but i need to know more details

Edited by KIREEKPSO

Its good to know Macros won't ban us.

I for one use my .05 second fire macro with my Telos Akbolto in extreme emergencies. It uses up incredible amounts of ammo, but allows me to clear an area to save an ally fairly easily.

You won't even need that. You can bind weapon fire to mouse wheel and scroll if for days! At least with my mouse I can lock the wheel or unlock it, meaning it will spin a lot or hardly at all. Very useful so I recommend tying it with high RoF semi-auto weapons.

i broke 2 keyboard (hotkey 3) and 2 mouse (left click) since i played warframe, thats why i used autohotkey (specialy for hotkey 3) right now for long run.

if that thing happen, well im gonna retire then. its better than i break my keyboard and mouse again

It has come to our attention that there is some confusion regarding the use of AutoHotKey macros, and whether the use of AutoHotKey.exe alone is enough to warrant a ban (in short: it’s not).  We understand that while these hotkeys can be used for exploitative purposes they also serve a very important function in assisting players with potential disabilities -- something that we’re very mindful of.

Because of this there are other factors involved in receive a ban due to the use of AutoHotKey.exe, including a review of multiple stats on the account in question.  Should you receive a ban that you feel is not warranted, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be sure to review the circumstances regarding your ban as soon as possible.

We hope this clears up any confusion regarding the use of AutoHotKey.exe and our stance on macros that assist players in-game.  Rest assured, running such software in isolation is not grounds for an immediate ban.

-DE_Adam

What we need is for DE to be clear regarding what factors go into bans across the board, not just for autohotkey, but for anything. You guys aren't clear enough when it comes to what is bannable. You talk about "other factors involved in receiv[ing] a ban" yet you don't actually mention those specific factors. That's what the community needs to know: What specific factors go into receiving a ban, for anything (including autohotkey executable use)? 

This has to be one of the most vague PSA's I've read in quite some time... We won't get banned for using AHK unless we cross some undefined line? Would be nice to know what that line is. Guess I'll hang up my macros until we find out what is and what isn't okay.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

What's so hard to understand? Don't use third party programs unless you actually need them due to a handicap.

And if you don't have a handicap, try enjoying the game by playing it in a way they wish they could.

Sheesh.

Edited by bluntpuffer

What's so hard to understand? Don't use third party programs unless you actually need them due to a handicap.

And if you don't have a handicap, try enjoying the game by playing it in a way they wish they could.

Sheesh.

Maybe you need to re-read the PSA. Even IF you're handicap and need the macros you could STILL get banned because at this point we don't really know what the the system uses to pick ban targets.

Sheesh.

Previously stated they said that AutoHotKey was allowed for macroing. Now they give us a vague statement saying there will be bans for a specific unlisted usage of the application. That is whats difficult to understand. The option for us to use the application was given to us so we used it. Now it can only be used a certain way but they haven't told us how. I used AHK only for spamming 3 when I did hour long endless missions as nekros. Who wants to spam 3 for an hour? Who wants to take the risk of a repetition injury or even carpal tunnel for a video game?

what a load of PR blather

>AHK is fine
>Except when it's not

what are the conditions for it being acceptable or not?  DE has always maintained a permissive stance towards this vital game tool in the past, why start banwaving now...

>We hope this clears up any confusion

details clear up confusion, not vague statements that are intended to be mildly reassuring