Psa: Autohotkey Ban Qualification

DE_Adam

A - Autofire on a key is fine.

B - The game playing for you without your input is not fine.

Two sets of criteria here.

The logic is to...

1 - Analyze what you want to do with AHK.

2 - Check which of these critera it falls under.

3 - If it falls under B, it is not allowed and you should not do it.

I think you're misunderstanding what's going on here.  Nothing has changed.

If you were not botting before and are not botting now, you're not going to get banned.

If you were botting before and are still botting now, you're going to get banned in either case.

The reason for this PSA is because players have begin actually botting Warframe.  This is not something they used to do.  Now they do, and they're getting banned, and they're telling players "I got banned for using AHK" (when in reality it should be "I got banned for botting the game").

The idea that you'll get banned for simply using AHK is false.

Thus this PSA to state that the idea is false.

(Check the below response to another player for more info.)

It's on a per-case basis because so many things are involved.

The first post says that, and in addition says that if you think a ruling was made incorrectly, to contact them to get a second opinion on it.

Incorrect.

Autohotkey has numerous functions to analyze the screen.

http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/PixelGetColor.htm

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/PixelSearch.htm

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/ImageSearch.htm

And Autohotkey has logic to make decisions based on the outcome of functions.

http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Variables.htm

It is entirely possible to set up Autohotkey to take certain pre-determined steps through tiles if you wish.  Fix the minimap and scan the map to determine the tile while aligning yourself to walls and in corners can easy remove discrepancies in starting positions, for example.  Then simply play the actions to get through that specific tile.  Repeat at each tile entrance until you're at the objective, then jump to the script section that completes the objective.

Autohotkey's scripting language is Turing-complete.  It is entirely possible to bot with it.

Googling can get you plenty of bot scripts for various games using the above mentioned concepts and more.

From what we've been told by support and DE before, not if it's "hold the button to autofire".

But I think you and a lot of other players are severely underestimating what the banned players were doing.  They were not just autofiring a weapon or power key.  That's fine.  They were banned for botting, which is not fine.

Again, none of those are as cut and dry as you make them out to be.

What is considered playing for me without my input? If I set the game to mash three ad infinitum does that count as playing for me? What if I do the same but with the four key instead? What If I stand facing a bottleneck and set a key to toggle holding down LMB and I sit around occasionally pressing six (drops an ammo restore)? Does that count as botting? Where does user aid/QoL end and botting begin? At what point does an macro'd task become too complex and warrant a ban?

No, plenty has changed. In the past if you were botting you were botting you may (probably not) eventually get caught and banned. If you were using macros but were not botting you were perfectly safe. Now if you're using macros that are arbitrarily defined as too complex you can end up getting banned and having to deal with the huge pain in the rear that is waiting for support to get around to addressing your ticket (yes, I understand that support is busy, that doesn't make it any less of a hassle for the banned user who could possible lose out on money spent and even lose a kubrow in the process). I think you may have missed the part where users have been reporting that they were banned and are only now finding out that they were banned because their use of macros tripped the terribad automated ban system.

No, the reason for this PSA was because people were getting autobanned and were completely in the dark as to why. Players have likely been botting since before syndicates were added to the game. How do you know those players WERE botting? Maybe they were one of the many whose use of autohotkey.exe+macros resulted in a false positive and were autobanned? I think you may have missed a very important line in the PSA

"Because of this there are other factors involved in receive a ban due to the use of AutoHotKey.exe[...]" -the use of 'other' implies that using autohotkey.exe itself is part of what results in an autoban. The rest of what leads to an autoban was not stated. What we know is that using AHK+using macros to some degree will result in a ban that you then have to go through support to repeal. 

It should be PURELY case-by-case and a human should be required to metaphorically sign off on the ban before anyone gets banned.

The idea of AHK being able to auto-navigate tiles is ludicrous.

I think you're OVERESTIMATING what the banned players were doing. The closest thing to botting in this game (the thing that caused DE to create the AFK energy timer and to prevent certain abilities from getting energy while active) was setting up a squad with 2-3 AoE nuking frames, 1-2 trinity players to cast EV, and maybe one player (possibly a limbo) to cast a defense skill. This was all automated with simply macros. The inclusion of the AFK energy timer meant that the macros then had to automatically shoot their gun every so often to reset the timer. You thinking that players were setting up ultra complex scripts to navigate the map for them and kill enemies is hilariously far-fetched. 

so please stop saying it's ok to use AHK.

my ahk script:

; Click Use Cipherf3::Send {Click 1080, 850}return; Defence reward << Exit!a::Send {Click 560, 270}return; Defence reward >> Stay!d::Send {Click 1040, 270}return

It's these portions that got you.  That's not autofire, that's a setup to click parts of the screen without you having to touch your mouse, and the automated system is most likely getting you based off of that (the screen clicking without human mouse input).

In fact the responses from DE that you posted state that the system will detect auto "aiming and clicking".

Which is what...

Send {Click 1040, 270}

That does.  That's not rapid fire on a button hold, that's auto aiming and clicking (even though you only intend to use it for the UI, it's still auto aiming and clicking your mouse).

I know somebody that uses rapid-fire stuff in AHK and he's never gotten banned for it.

So simply using Autohotkey, and using it for rapid fire stuff is still fine.

Your last ticket was 3 days ago and there's no response?

I sent a ticket in 6 days ago for an inventory issue and there's no response on it yet.

So there not being any response in 3 days does not mean you're perma-banned, it just means nobody's gotten to your ticket yet.  You keep getting auto-banned because you keep tripping up a sensitive part of the detection because you're not just rapid firing.  I'll bet you 250 plat that if you take all the clicking segments out and only use the rapid fire in the future you'll stop triggering the automated ban system.

Again, none of those are as cut and dry as you make them out to be.

They are if you actually know what a rapid fire macro is.

A rapid fire macro is something that repeatedly presses a single key/button when you hold something down, and stops pressing that key/button when you stop holding whatever down.

This is distinct from a bot and complex macro in the sense of user interaction (whether it's there or not).

What is considered playing for me without my input?

If the script makes the game do things without you being required to interact with your computer at that time.

If you can script something, tell it to start, and then remove your mouse and hands from your keyboard and your game does multiple things in order for you without interaction... then that's over the line.

If I set the game to mash three ad infinitum does that count as playing for me?

That depends on how it's done.

A - If you have it set to mash 3 while you have B held down (for example), that's fine.  People do that all the time.

B - If you have it set to mash 3 a bunch and then do something else (like drop an energy pad) without your interaction so it can resume pressing 3, that's not fine (I saw a Banshee doing that once for Interception back before the no-power-gain-when-in-channeled-skill change).

The existence or lack of human interaction for continued gameplay is the main difference between a rapid fire macro and a bot.

What If I stand facing a bottleneck and set a key to toggle holding down LMB and I sit around occasionally pressing six (drops an ammo restore)? Does that count as botting?

If you're still interacting with the game and you're manually dropping the restores, no.

(And yes, people do that and don't get banned for it.)

Where does user aid/QoL end and botting begin? At what point does an macro'd task become too complex and warrant a ban?

Something becomes too complex when it takes actions without the user's input.

Now if you're using macros that are arbitrarily defined as too complex

"Arbitrarily"?

The difference is in user interaction.  This has been stated and quoted multiple times in this thread already, please try to understand that it is a clearly-defined difference.

if you don't understand this then of course you'll be confused by any decisions based off it.

Just like a colorblind person may not understand why other people say some lights are "green" and others are "red".

EDIT: Typo, now->not.

Edited by Rydian

They are if you actually know what a rapid fire macro is.

A rapid fire macro is something that repeatedly presses a single key/button when you hold something down, and stops pressing that key/button when you stop holding whatever down.

This is distinct from a bot and complex macro in the sense of user interaction (whether it's there or not).

If the script makes the game do things without you being required to interact with your computer at that time.

If you can script something, tell it to start, and then remove your mouse and hands from your keyboard and your game does multiple things in order for you without interaction... then that's over the line.

That depends on how it's done.

A - If you have it set to mash 3 while you have B held down (for example), that's fine.  People do that all the time.

B - If you have it set to mash 3 a bunch and then do something else (like drop an energy pad) without your interaction so it can resume pressing 3, that's not fine (I saw a Banshee doing that once for Interception back before the no-power-gain-when-in-channeled-skill change).

The existence or lack of human interaction for continued gameplay is the main difference between a rapid fire macro and a bot.

If you're still interacting with the game and you're manually dropping the restores, no.

(And yes, people do that and don't get banned for it.)

Something becomes too complex when it takes actions without the user's input.

"Arbitrarily"?

The difference is in user interaction.  This has been stated and quoted multiple times in this thread already, please try to understand that it is a clearly-defined difference.

if you don't understand this then of course you'll be confused by any decisions based off it.

Just like a colorblind person may not understand why other people say some lights are "green" and others are "red".

>Implying I don't know what a rapid fire macro is.

No, they just AREN'T as cut and dry as you're making them out to be. Hell I have no idea why I'm even continuing to do this back and forth with you when you aren't even a reliable source of information on this topic. 

I know what they are thank you very much.

What if I set up a macro to repeatedly mash 3 and then another to mash six every so often and bind the first to LMB and the second to RMB and I then proceed to lean something against both buttons and AFK? What's the difference between doing that and just setting up a macro to do that without needing to lean stuff against my mouse? 

On something you said in response to the other person: Clicking a predetermined part of your screen when you press a button isn't auto-aiming. It is automating a task that could easily be replicated by a human and (in this case) it still requires active participation.

I can already do that with autofiring and according to you it is still fine. This is why I don't want your conjecture I want facts from DE's mouth that I can then quote back at them if something goes awry. 

What about C- I have it set to mash 3 for me on a toggle (so I have to press [whatever] again to deactivate) and in place of energy restores I just have a EV trinity as a teammate.

How is DE to determine whether or not I'm actually interacting with the game? Stop bringing up rapid fire macros as if that is the extent of macros that a legitimate player would want to make use of.

(people do that and still get banned but later get unbanned because a human determines their system is crap and wrongfully banned someone)

It is never technically taking action without the user's input even if it is a simple toggle and DE hasn't defined just how far along a chain of commands a player is allowed to automate before the banhammer cracks down.

Yes, arbitrarily, need I define the word for you?

According to you. Except we have a clear example in this thread of a player who has been banned (and unbanned) repeatedly for using macros that didn't actually work without user input. So the idea that the difference is whether or not user input is needed is complete BS. If DE was capable of determining whether or not a player was involved or not there wouldn't be any players getting wrongfully banned.

I was just about to rage a little about the guy who's surprised he gets banned for using a script that places the cursor on certain spots of the screen but fortunately Rydian already stepped in and cleared up the affair.

"Its OK to use AHK"

"except its not and I'm going to pretend the accounts that got banned were flagged multiple times without clarifying anything"

Nice job, well I'm using my mouse driver macros am I the next one in the line?

What about built in macros trough say extra keys? I can program macros on my keyboard. Trough its driver program.... is that Bannable too then? I (Note: Logitech gaming keyboards.) Might as well add that anyone using Logitech gaming keyboards is on the might get a ban list :/ because macros

It's these portions that got you.  That's not autofire, that's a setup to click parts of the screen without you having to touch your mouse, and the automated system is most likely getting you based off of that (the screen clicking without human mouse input).

In fact the responses from DE that you posted state that the system will detect auto "aiming and clicking".

Which is what...

Send {Click 1040, 270}

That does.  That's not rapid fire on a button hold, that's auto aiming and clicking (even though you only intend to use it for the UI, it's still auto aiming and clicking your mouse).

-snip-

Nice example! Thanks to -000- and Rydian for this piece of clarification.

Wish you could (if its allowed) edit this into your OP Adam.

Greets

Arent you able to use the arrow keys anyway to go left or right on defense extraction screen? to stay or leave. If you'd then macro in the arrow keys to whatever hotkey you did, that should be fine. I know for a fact that you can choose left or right with a controller.  I dont think mouse movements are required for those things. 

Edited by Midas89

Hell I have no idea why I'm even continuing to do this back and forth with you when you aren't even a reliable source of information on this topic.

I've quoted and linked to multiple sources stating that simple autofire will not get you banned.

These sources include statements from forum moderators and multiple DE staff members.

You've been claiming that simple autofire will get you banned, but have so far given no sources.

You're the one with unreliable information and statements with no backing here.

If you're going to continue and talk as if you will get banned for simple autofire macros, then I expect a source that this actually happens, otherwise you're discussing theoretical things that go against DE's statements.

"Its OK to use AHK"

"except its not and I'm going to pretend the accounts that got banned were flagged multiple times without clarifying anything"

Nice job, well I'm using my mouse driver macros am I the next one in the line?

If you read the post by the one user that was banned, you can see that it was clarified.  In fact, it was mentioned to him specifically in the ticket responses multiple times that they will ban for auto aiming and clicking (and botting), not just simple autofire macros.

And in his script, like I pointed out, there's auto aiming and clicking.

Which he continued to use after getting tempbanned for it twice.

What about built in macros trough say extra keys? I can program macros on my keyboard. Trough its driver program.... is that Bannable too then? I (Note: Logitech gaming keyboards.) Might as well add that anyone using Logitech gaming keyboards is on the might get a ban list :/ because macros

It depends on WHAT the macro DOES (seriously people).

Simply using a macro in general is not a bannable offense (thus the PSA).  It has been posted and clarified multiple times that simple auto-fire will not get you banned.  Auto-aiming (something the system will detect) and botting will.

Arent you able to use the arrow keys anyway to go left or right on defense extraction screen? to stay or leave. If you'd then macro in the arrow keys to whatever hotkey you did, that should be fine. I know for a fact that you can choose left or right with a controller.  I dont think mouse movements are required for those things. 

Correct in that there's keyboard shortcuts for stay/leave (though last I checked they're not intuitive to WSAD users).  Setting an alias for it in AHK would probably be better if it doesn't interfere with existing controls.

Yes, It's OK to use AHK.

but they autoban you for specific macro functions,

and you can't talk about it, they'll ban you on the forums too. lol

Thanks DE!

Well, he was told that they don't want users auto aiming and clicking.

Twice.

And he kept using the script that included it.

I've quoted and linked to multiple sources stating that simple autofire will not get you banned.

These sources include statements from forum moderators and multiple DE staff members.

You've been claiming that simple autofire will get you banned, but have so far given no sources.

You're the one with unreliable information and statements with no backing here.

If you're going to continue and talk as if you will get banned for simple autofire macros, then I expect a source that this actually happens, otherwise you're discussing theoretical things that go against DE's statements.

And I've stated numerous times that autofire macros are not the extent of what legitimate players might want to use. Most of those statements still choose to avoid giving us clearly defined guidelines to operate by.

Quote where I said it would get you banned. I merely mentioned that players had reported being banned for that (the fact that they got unbanned later does not change things). You're repeatedly backing a statement that is largely irrelevant. Yes we know, autofire is okay, please stop needlessly repeating yourself as if you're actually being helpful here (you aren't).

Re-read my posts, you clearly have reading comprehension issues and/or an obsession with autofire macros.

That's the thing, they are saying that it may not remove human interaction, but thats exactly what a macro does, All interraction is human interraction. thats why its so unclear what is doable and not. We just want to know what their definition of human interaction is. Is human interraction a definition of having to analyze what is goign on, and react accordingly? We get that AHK and other tools have the potential to be fully fledged bots with screen reading and all that. But in missions like survival and defense where you in many cases go for a camping strat, that would be the entire gameplay to just spam one ability, is it then okay to use a loop macro to press a single button with a timer, even if it plays through everything except for 1. Getting in position, 2. Selecting to extract / Go to extraction.

Just like most people in this thread, we just want it to be cleared up once and for all what you may do and guidelines what is a big nono. If you are afraid of giving examples of macros that you may use. At least tell us exactly what isn't allowed, because clearly the system is looking for some sort of automation, and speaking for myself and a lot of people, we're not looking to cheat, we just don't wan't to break our gear/fingers while we play for many hours straight, and want to know if this option is OK or not.

Rydian, it doesnt matter if you take your time to respond to these, this is DE's PSA, they should at least clear things up themselves. Would make their and our lives easier. 

Edited by Midas89

Quote where I said it would get you banned.

Okay.

No, plenty has changed.

[...]

Now if you're using macros that are arbitrarily defined as too complex you can end up getting banned

There you go.

I merely mentioned that players had reported being banned for that (the fact that they got unbanned later does not change things).

And they were mistaken (as in the example posted in this thread) or lying.

And thus the point of this PSA.  There are players going around saying that you will get banned for using AHK at all or any macro, whereas that's not true.  Thus the PSA being posted to state "that's not true".

That's the thing, they are saying that it may not remove human interaction, but thats exactly what a macro does

An autofire on hotkey macro still needs you to be at your computer taking control of it (generally holding down a key or extra mouse button).

We just want to know what their definition of human interaction is.

Player looky at screeny and touch mousy and keyboard to make the frameframe do the jumpy and shooty-shoot.

Is human interraction a definition of having to analyze what is goign on, and react accordingly?

It's physically interacting with the computer and controlling your mouse and frame yourself with your own physical hands.  No aimbotting, no repetitive macros that can cause your warframe to take multiple scripted actions without requiring you to give any input.

So basically... anything that would get you banned in any other online multiplayer game on the planet is not fine, while rapid fire on key press/hold is an exception (to account for disabled players using semi-auto weapons).

You know, like DE has clarified and I and others have quoted multiple times in this thread already.

But in missions like survival and defense where you in many cases go for a camping strat, that would be the entire gameplay to just spam one ability, is it then okay to use a loop macro to press a single button with a timer, even if it plays through everything except for 1. Getting in position, 2. Selecting to extract / Go to extraction.

That's borderline because DE doesn't want players doing that in the first place, whether scripted or manual.

OkIRREN.png

That's the reason for the new AFK timer coming into play, and it including in-mission penalties (like no energy gain) now instead of just end-of-mission stuff.

Rydian, it doesnt matter if you take your time to respond to these, this is DE's PSA, they should at least clear things up themselves. Would make their and our lives easier. 

They have clarified it before.  Multiple times.

And I have quoted it.  Multiple times.  In this thread.

In fact somebody else came with quotes from DE as well.

Anybody who's not clear on the difference between an autofire macro versus something that will get them banned is somebody that didn't read the responses in this thread... or is purposely ignoring the multiple citations (including ones linked by the user that got banned multiple times) in order to attempt to turn this into some sort of scandal or something.

EDIT: Missed quote, more proper spacing.

Edited by Rydian

Okay.

There you go.

And they were mistaken (as in the example posted in this thread) or lying.

And thus the point of this PSA.  There are players going around saying that you will get banned for using AHK at all or any macro, whereas that's not true.  Thus the PSA being posted to state "that's not true".

Did you actually bother reading that quote? Because if you did you need to drastically improve your reading comprehension. Nowhere in that quote did I say you'd get banned for using an autofire macro.

They were mistaken despite being banned? Oh, they were lying because their story doesn't line up with your assumptions? 

If the point of the PSA was to say using AHK is perfectly fine and won't get you banned, it is wasting its time. There are players going around saying they were banned for using macros via AHK, is they also lying? All this PSA has really told us is that we can have autohotkey.exe running while playing warframe. That's it. It has not elaborated on what macros will get us banned when paired with autohotkey.exe.

TL;DR- This PSA was a massive waste of time that created more questions than it answered. Your attempt to clear the air has also been a huge waste of time as you aren't a spokesperson for DE and, in the event that you're wrong, DE maintains full deniability and whoever it is that took your advice will pay the price. 

And I have quoted it.  Multiple times.  In this thread.

In fact somebody else came with quotes from DE as well.

Anybody who's not clear on the difference between an autofire macro versus something that will get them banned is somebody that didn't read the responses in this thread... or is purposely ignoring the multiple citations (including ones linked by the user that got banned multiple times) in order to attempt to turn this into some sort of scandal or something.

I'm still wondering though, why they couldn't just lay out the information in the original post. I mean clearly they had specific things in mind when they wrote the post, but they didn't share them in one place. 

thanks for the final quote though from Rebecca, i mean even if they didn't intend the missions to become stationary, this is the way it works today.

But the silliness in all this is the definition of human interaction. If i cant use a toggle macro, fine, what if i then use a "keep button pressed down to loop macro" That's exactly what your auto-fire macro does. What if i have the sensor in my slipper, and keep it pressed down with my foot. Technically speaking i'm touching the button and keeping it pressed down, but why would this be any different from just placing any heavy object on the mouse button instead, is it really going to go down to these sorts of silly technicalities, and while you are at it, what would be the difference between putting a physical object on the keyboard/mouse to hold it down, vs using a toggle macro. 

The talk you have about "auto fire macro" that technically does the same thing, while you hold down a button it does something else for you. Why would it matter if it presses leftclick repeatedly, if it does melee attacks repeatedly, or it presses either 1, 2, 3 or 4 repeatedly. 

So if it really is " as long as you personally, physically and directly control the state of the computer perriferal connected to an action in the game", then it's all good?

what about hardware macros?

I've got a Corsair k95 and I've got it set up to drop all my restores for an emergency, or keep casting nekro's desecrate, stuff like that. 

There is no such thing as a hardware macros. It's still down to software, doesnt matter if its synapse through razer, or autohotkey, or whatever software corsair uses. it all falls under the same category.

There is no such thing as a hardware macros. It's still down to software, doesnt matter if its synapse through razer, or autohotkey, or whatever software corsair uses. it all falls under the same category.

While you're correct...it's all software in the end. There is a difference between software emulation of keystrokes and software instructing the hardware it is connected to - to send a keystroke to the OS.

Mostly devils advocate, I'm sure DE sees it all as the same. What I'm not sure of is if it all looks the same to their detection methods....if they would actually release some specific detail (in this thread, not scattered in other macro related threads) all this theory crafting could go away.

For the record it seems fairly evident that simple "autofire" type macros are not going to get you banned, it's just disappointing that in a thread which is suppose to provide clarity on this subject, they've done anything but.

While you're correct...it's all software in the end. There is a difference between software emulation of keystrokes and software instructing the hardware it is connected to - to send a keystroke to the OS.

Mostly devils advocate, I'm sure DE sees it all as the same. What I'm not sure of is if it all looks the same to their detection methods....if they would actually release some specific detail (in this thread, not scattered in other macro related threads) all this theory crafting could go away.

For the record it seems fairly evident that simple "autofire" type macros are not going to get you banned, it's just disappointing that in a thread which is suppose to provide clarity on this subject, they've done anything but.

Err, that's not how it works. Hardware is physical, you cant instruct a physical button to press down itself physically. It's all software, its just different labels on it. For example, if you shut down razer synapse you lose all the neat extra features like macro's, DPI control, custom keybindings. it will essentially become a nice looking dumb mouse. Even if you have a keyboard that you can flash to re-bind, its still software. Hardware is just hardware. The keyboard is just a board with a lot of buttons on it connected, then you have the actual firmware and drivers which makes the computer understand what you want to do when you press the buttons

It's been days now, would be great to get a post from DE to clear this up once and for all.

I'm still wondering though, why they couldn't just lay out the information in the original post. I mean clearly they had specific things in mind when they wrote the post, but they didn't share them in one place.

It only affects players who use macros, and players who use macros should know the difference.

In addition if there is a problem, it's taken care of on a case-by-case basis depending on the player's specific situation and history (as has been mentioned in the first post, and shown by a previous poster).

thanks for the final quote though from Rebecca, i mean even if they didn't intend the missions to become stationary, this is the way it works today.

Right now it seems like Warframe is in a "Bad player behavior showing design issues" stage.  Hopefully DE takes more of a "reward players for playing actively" stance rather than "punish players for playing lazily" in future updates.

But the silliness in all this is the definition of human interaction. If i cant use a toggle macro, fine, what if i then use a "keep button pressed down to loop macro" That's exactly what your auto-fire macro does. What if i have the sensor in my slipper, and keep it pressed down with my foot. Technically speaking i'm touching the button and keeping it pressed down

You're interacting with it and it's simple auto fire, it works.

but why would this be any different from just placing any heavy object on the mouse button instead

That wouldn't accomplish anything by itself.

is it really going to go down to these sorts of silly technicalities

Whether a player interacts with the game or not is not a technicality.

It's the entire damned difference between a player playing and a bot/script playing.

Play any other popular online game or site and set up any sort of external automation script.  Runescape, FF11, Gaia, Guild Wars 2, etc.  Do that in those games and you'll get banned and nobody will sympathize with you.

The fact is that botting and scripting things that can take multiple complex interactions without the player controlling the game itself is pretty much universally despised online and will generally get you perma-banned, in some games within minutes of starting an external script.

You need to understand that the banned players in Warframe are not using simple autofire macros.

The banned players are not just using simple autofire macros.

The players getting banned are doing a lot more than holding down a button to aufofire.

The players getting banned are using aimbots, complex movement scripts, and/or entire farming scripts.

(Just to make sure we're clear.)

Warframe is unique in that there's an exception, which so far has been mentioned to be autofire for semi-auto weapons, to account for disabled or older users.

Why would it matter if it presses leftclick repeatedly, if it does melee attacks repeatedly, or it presses either 1, 2, 3 or 4 repeatedly. 

It doesn't matter.

I mentioned before, a friend of mine plays a Trin and uses AHK for stuff like making sure he hits a target with Energy Vampire and has never had issues.

So if it really is " as long as you personally, physically and directly control the state of the computer perriferal connected to an action in the game", then it's all good?

As long as the script itself is not taking multiple complex actions in a row without your input or aiming for you, if it's just rapid firing a button or mouse thing on hold... I've never seen anybody banned for just doing that.

I mentioned before, a friend of mine plays a Trin and uses AHK for stuff like making sure he hits a target with Energy Vampire and has never had issues.

As long as the script itself is not taking multiple complex actions in a row without your input or aiming for you, if it's just rapid firing a button or mouse thing on hold... I've never seen anybody banned for just doing that.

It's a difference between not having issues and not being allowed. There are many people using macros for repeated events, and you have covered auto fire macros, and you say that it doesn't matter if it's about mouse click or 1-4. I just want DE to clear it up so there is no confusion about this.

I get that people get banned for bots and advanced scripts, but i have also heard people getting banned for simple scripts. 

And for example, Mesa. Peacemaker. If i get tired of holding down the mouse button all the time, can i put a heavy object on the mousebutton to keep it pressed down, is this a bannable offense? We're not talking if its possible to detect or not, or "its at your own risk" Question is, is it okay to do or not? 

Second example, if i have a macro to repeated button press 1, every 1 seconds. When is it OK to use them?

1. Can i toggle it with the push of one button, to start, then again to stop it?

2. Only if you have the macro bound to a key, and while you hold down that key the macro will run.

When you write "As long as the script itself is not taking multiple complex actions in a row without your input or aiming for you, if it's just rapid firing a button or mouse thing on hold... I've never seen anybody banned for just doing that."

Yet again, Just because you haven't gotten banned for it yet, doesn't mean it's okay. I just want to make sure that it is, by a confirmation from DE. 

I don't want to put my account into unnecessary risk, if they clearly can state that these form of toggle macros are allowed or not, then we would not have to worry. 

For example if they say "It's okay to make a macro, toggled or active while holding down a button, to do repeated tasks as long as they do no more than 1 action"  or similar it covers both backs. 

There is no point in speculating, if someone gets banned over a small thing like a simple loop 1 ability macro, we'd like to be able to quote DE back saying that "Hey, in fact it's not against the rules, clearly stated in this PSA, please unban me" and also, if they ban someone who have wrongfully used macroing, to click at specific places on the screen, they can easily refer to the PSA where they say "Look, we have clearly stated that this kind of functionality is against our rules."

Regards

I get that people get banned for bots and advanced scripts, but i have also heard people getting banned for simple scripts. 

I haven't seen it.

There was one supposed example so far, and it was in this thread and it took me 5 seconds to look at the script and see that it had commands for the mouse to point and click at specific parts of screen (and that the replies to him from DE mentioned they don't want auto-aiming and the automated system picks up on that).

If there are any with actual details and proof, I'd love to see them 'cause people keep saying "Well I heard of X happening" but nobody has any details.  This thread is a PSA to clear up the "simply using AHK at all will get you banned" rumor, so still listening to those rumors is pretty counter-productive!

And for example, Mesa. Peacemaker. If i get tired of holding down the mouse button all the time, can i put a heavy object on the mousebutton to keep it pressed down, is this a bannable offense?

You're still interacting with your computer, and it'll only last so long since you can't regain energy from a Trin or anything while it's active.  In addition holding down one button is not any sort of complex action, I see no problem with it.

Second example, if i have a macro to repeated button press 1, every 1 seconds. When is it OK to use them?

1. Can i toggle it with the push of one button, to start, then again to stop it?

2. Only if you have the macro bound to a key, and while you hold down that key the macro will run.

I've seen both 1 and 2 used in scripts (generally 2 is used when 1 would be too much finger stretching but a quick tap for on/off on an unused key will work) with no repercussions.

Though tapping 1 every few seconds in an automated manner throughout a whole mission seems weird and might trip up the auto detection system and you might have to send in a ticket (like the first post says).

Just because you haven't gotten banned for it yet, doesn't mean it's okay

Warframe, like many games, has an automated detection system.

This and reports from other players seem to be the two main ways DE looks into it.

I just want to make sure that it is, by a confirmation from DE.

[...]

speculating

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/436368-psa-autohotkey-ban-qualification/page-4#entry4843269

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/436368-psa-autohotkey-ban-qualification/page-4#entry4847937

Quotes that state what type of stuff is and is not allowed...