Psa: Autohotkey Ban Qualification

DE_Adam

Sure. Here's the full script, it still containts the rapid fire macros for pistols and melee, their methods to activate/deactivate them and the cypher macro. Though as i said, i don't use them anymore. Nothing here acts without user input, nothing reads the state of the game, nothing places the cursor on the screen.

-snip-

Thank you.

Interpretive notes included under spoiler. Please correct me I'm not understanding any of this correctly.

Edit - I did not initially understand your cipher macro but believe that I understand it now. You have a predetermined space + delay pattern (1 instance of 'x' to initiate and then 8 instances of 'space' over 1.46 seconds) to quickly solve difficult Grineer cipher puzzles.

#initializing variables for toggle auto shoot/auto melee

active = 0

active2 = 0

#auto shoot macro

~LButton::

~^LButton::

while (GetKeyState("LButton","P") && active)

{

Send {click}

RandSleep(23,25)

}

return

#Auto melee macro (?)

~f::

while (GetKeyState("F","P") && active2)

{

Send {f}

RandSleep(23,25)

}

return

#Mic macro

$^::

{

mic:=!mic

if (mic)

{

sendinput, {c down}

SoundPlay mic_activated.wav

}

else

{

sendinput, {c up}

SoundPlay mic_muted.wav

}

}

return

#Toggle auto shoot on/off

$XButton1::

if active

active = 0

else if not active

active = 1

return

#Toggle auto melee on/off

$XButton2::

if active2

active2 = 0

else if not active2

active2 = 1

return

#swap state of auto shoot toggle

PgDn::

if active

active = 0

else if not active

active = 1

return

#Grineer cipher auto hack

#::

send, x

Sleep 200

send {Space}

Sleep 70

send {Space}

Sleep 200

send {Space}

Sleep 430

send {Space}

Sleep 70

send {Space}

Sleep 280

send {Space}

Sleep 60

send {Space}

Sleep 150

send {Space}

return

#random delay function

RandSleep(x,y) {

Random, rand, %x%, %y%

Sleep %rand%

}

Edited by Pythadragon

See?  Logic.  If it's just repeating one keypress or something to save wear on your finger it's fine.  But if it's doing sequential actions repeatedly and playing the game or accomplishing a complex task for you (without your controlled input), then it's not fine.

You keep saying that word. I don't think it means what you think it means. You are not being logical, you're barely skipping across the surface of possibility. You are overlooking too many details to possibly be considered logical. You also seem to have an overly high opinion of your personal interpretation of an extraordinarily vague statement.

I don't even use macros. Never have, too lazy to set them up. But this sort of asinine behavior from DE makes me dislike them even more than I already did, no easy thing considering my low opinion of them. The way they manage this game is horrid. Any auto-detection of a program they've explicitly said is allowed is by definition flawed. They cannot know exactly what it is and isn't being used for, and suspicious stats mean absolutely nothing. Example:

I have run defenses as Nova with my friends where I really just sit there pressing 4 and occasionally joining in to shoot something that makes it through their trigger-happy perimeter. There isn't much else to do. I'm too lazy to do anything with Macros, so I really do just sit there pressing 4 while talking to them on Skype. Assume I wasn't, though. Even if I thought the 4-spam might cross their undefined line, a rapid-fire one for the times I join in would be "safe" because it's the only example that's actually been given by almost-reliable sources (and I doubt even that is really safe, now). So what does DE look at? They detect the thing, so what stats can they check? The fact that I didn't really move much? The fact that I'm hitting 4 roughly every 5 seconds? The fact that I rarely fired my weapon? And yet, I didn't use macros for that.

Are they so ban-happy that they'll kick people down for playing their game at all? What do I have to do, run around firing my guns in the air screaming bloody murder, just so they know I'm not AFK macroing? In that hypothetical situation, I can only imagine that all of the "stats" they can look at to determine if a macro is being abused would be lying. They can't know that. They can't rely on that. They also, apparently, can't make a good decision to save their lives.

Thank you.

Interpretive notes included under spoiler. Please correct me I'm not understanding any of this correctly.

Edit - I did not initially understand your cipher macro but believe that I understand it now. You have a predetermined space + delay pattern (1 instance of 'x' to initiate and then 8 instances of 'space' over 1.46 seconds) to quickly solve difficult Grineer cipher puzzles.

#initializing variables for toggle auto shoot/auto melee

active = 0

active2 = 0

#auto shoot macro

~LButton::

~^LButton::

while (GetKeyState("LButton","P") && active)

{

Send {click}

RandSleep(23,25)

}

return

#Auto melee macro (?)

~f::

while (GetKeyState("F","P") && active2)

{

Send {f}

RandSleep(23,25)

}

return

#Mic macro

$^::

{

mic:=!mic

if (mic)

{

sendinput, {c down}

SoundPlay mic_activated.wav

}

else

{

sendinput, {c up}

SoundPlay mic_muted.wav

}

}

return

#Toggle auto shoot on/off

$XButton1::

if active

active = 0

else if not active

active = 1

return

#Toggle auto melee on/off

$XButton2::

if active2

active2 = 0

else if not active2

active2 = 1

return

#swap state of auto shoot toggle

PgDn::

if active

active = 0

else if not active

active = 1

return

#Grineer cipher auto hack

#::

send, x

Sleep 200

send {Space}

Sleep 70

send {Space}

Sleep 200

send {Space}

Sleep 430

send {Space}

Sleep 70

send {Space}

Sleep 280

send {Space}

Sleep 60

send {Space}

Sleep 150

send {Space}

return

#random delay function

RandSleep(x,y) {

Random, rand, %x%, %y%

Sleep %rand%

}

Almost correct, what you labeled as "#swap state of auto shoot toggle" is just another way of toggling the rapid fire, as i'm playing on a laptop and don't always have my mouse with the extra buttons. Not for WF in this case, but autoclicking is useful in other programs, too.

So, do you think this warrants a ban? As mentioned before, the only function i used from the script was the mic toggle, so unless the autodetection system can somehow look into my files, parse them and interpret them it shouldn't even know they're there. Feel free to comment them anway.

As "other stats" that flow into the detection were mentioned before, i was playing Trinity, constantly active, running around capturing points & reviving teammates, meleeing Grineer with my new Jat Kittag - in short, playing the game how the devs want me to. I just don't get why the system comes at me now, when i'm doing the most normal gameplay with the most harmless use of AHK i can imagine.

So, do you think this warrants a ban? As mentioned before, the only function i used from the script was the mic toggle, so unless the autodetection system can somehow look into my files, parse them and interpret them it shouldn't even know they're there. Feel free to comment them anway.

I wonder if it didn't pick up on the cipher macro as 'automation'. Since you've circumvented a puzzle with a single click. And circumvented the use of a produced item (ciphers). Although spamming the spacebar is annoying as hell for those and I could totally make an argument for repetitive stress. Still, that feels more 'iffy' to me than the mic toggle.

The fact that I didn't really move much? The fact that I'm hitting 4 roughly every 5 seconds? The fact that I rarely fired my weapon? And yet, I didn't use macros for that.

They wouldn't be picking up stuff like that (at least I hope not) but it wouldn't be hard to detect a click macro when you're inputting '4' exactly every 5000 milliseconds, which would be waay too accurate to reproduce without aid. But of course, DE has said that's okay, so...

Question...

This thread seems to condemn using autohotkey.exe ( software). I recently bought a Logitech Keyboard with programmable Macro keys, is this concerned  ? I read through the thread but still confused as to the official answer on hardware macro.

Thank You.

I wonder if it didn't pick up on the cipher macro as 'automation'. Since you've circumvented a puzzle with a single click. And circumvented the use of a produced item (ciphers). Although spamming the spacebar is annoying as hell for those and I could totally make an argument for repetitive stress. Still, that feels more 'iffy' to me than the mic toggle.

Yes, the cipher may be a bit of a gray zone, but i haven't used it for a long time when the ban came in, as it doesn't work as good as i had hoped. It's also on a hard to reach key so there's no way i'd press it accidentally. My experience was just >joining a pub > opening script > using mic toggle > getting banned after the game. Well, it's behind me. I'm not touching AHK again as long as WF is running. If DE would have just told me instead of releasing this obscure PSA - i would have just done so from the beginning.

Edited by Dunkingmachine

Hi guy,
I use a G510 for autopress one button until i continue to press one button, because for some warframe like "Neckros" press 3 for 60 min repeatedly it is tiresome, It is intended as a bot for ban?

I would love to see a duplex fire Tigris type thing on the Sybaris... Please? DE? *O.O*

On a different note, to me using a macro to augment the fire rate of a weapon seems a bit exploitive... you are using a macro to do something other players without the macro can't and that brings up in the issue of balance. If the Telos Akbolto were introduced to PVP this could give some players an advantage. Also they are balanced around their rate of fire, using them in such a manner makes them overpowered and will probably get them nerfed for the rest of us.

What I take away from that statement is that using autohotkey to overcome some disability is OK, using it to change game mechanics and gain an advantage is not.

It has come to our attention that there is some confusion regarding the use of AutoHotKey macros, and whether the use of AutoHotKey.exe alone is enough to warrant a ban (in short: it’s not).  We understand that while these hotkeys can be used for exploitative purposes they also serve a very important function in assisting players with potential disabilities -- something that we’re very mindful of.

Because of this there are other factors involved in receive a ban due to the use of AutoHotKey.exe, including a review of multiple stats on the account in question.  Should you receive a ban that you feel is not warranted, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be sure to review the circumstances regarding your ban as soon as possible.

We hope this clears up any confusion regarding the use of AutoHotKey.exe and our stance on macros that assist players in-game.  Rest assured, running such software in isolation is not grounds for an immediate ban.

-DE_Adam

Good to know because i was about to macro Valkyr 3rd skill

• 2 weeks later...

Can u kids finaly stop trying to hack every game  ? Where is the fun in that ? As I understand macro or autohotkey.exe is cheat.That is why is cousing Ban and stop asking clarifications couse u know is wrong...Using mouse with that is cheating and period.Cant u play some game normaly as intended  or you uncapable  and need a help program ? Sad, realy sad.DE knows this is an MMO game with many "unwanted" players...I'm positive they have capable programers just for detecting the right players who tinker with files...My english is what it is but u know what i mean.

Cheaters... pff pathetic

Edited by PsyFungus

I understand what you mean PsyFungus and while some may agree with your stance that all macros are for cheating or nefarious means, the fact remains that there are some many users of autohotkey and such because at the time, when specifically asked about the use of such software, DE_Steve gave it his blessing. I figure that has changed with more focus on multiplayer PvP but would like to have a more clear reasoning and guidelines given for the issue.

Can u kids finaly stop trying to hack every game  ? Where is the fun in that ? As I understand macro or autohotkey.exe is cheat.That is why is cousing Ban and stop asking clarifications couse u know is wrong...Using mouse with that is cheating and period.Cant u play some game normaly as intended  or you uncapable  and need a help program ? Sad, realy sad.DE knows this is an MMO game with many "unwanted" players...I'm positive they have capable programers just for detecting the right players who tinker with files...My english is what it is but u know what i mean.

Cheaters... pff pathetic

i dont wanna be a human anymore

brb doing some necromancy sh*t to become a t-rex

I would read it as you will be flagged for review if you use autohotkey or other macros and then if the use is considered suspicious or whatever - as we have no groundwork for this - you will be banned.

I would read it as you will be flagged for review if you use autohotkey or other macros and then if the use is considered suspicious or whatever - as we have no groundwork for this - you will be banned.

No, there is no way they can tell if you're using AutoHotKey.

All AutoHotKey does is send global emulated DirectXinput.

Example:

if you have a script in a loop like this:

Send {3}
sleep 1000

it will emulate 3 being pressed every second whether you're in Warframe or not. 

Unless they're actively monitoring your processes to see if AutoHotKey is running (which would make Warframe spyware) they wouldn't be able to tell if you are.

I would have to assume from both DE_Drew's response and the support tech earlier that they in fact are doing something to both detect and flag users that are using macros and autohotkey. It would make sense to use spyware or intercepting all directx calls. One would be as you said privacy violating while the other would bog down the game at the least. Either way, we don't have enough real information to say otherwise.

No, there is no way they can tell if you're using AutoHotKey.

All AutoHotKey does is send global emulated DirectXinput.

Example:

if you have a script in a loop like this:

Send {3}
sleep 1000

it will emulate 3 being pressed every second whether you're in Warframe or not. 

Unless they're actively monitoring your processes to see if AutoHotKey is running (which would make Warframe spyware) they wouldn't be able to tell if you are.

What you're saying is exactly how i'd find someone using a macro.  No human can press a button exactly once a second so they could search for sequences of key presses happening repeatedly at exactly the same increment; however, this would require them to think you're suspicious and start logging every single action you take which i doubt they do an an active basis.

What you're saying is exactly how i'd find someone using a macro.  No human can press a button exactly once a second so they could search for sequences of key presses happening repeatedly at exactly the same increment; however, this would require them to think you're suspicious and start logging every single action you take which i doubt they do an an active basis.

ur saying DE not only spy on software, but also keylogger? is this legal?

Aside from disabilities, do people really need to not play au naturel?

Personally, I find macros to be a lesser form of cheating.  Objectively, there's hardly one game on the market that warrants a keyboard/mouse to play it for you.

I have a programmable mouse.  I have a programmable keyboard.  I bought them because of design and normal functionality.  I don't program either one of them.  There's satisfaction in playing the game the way it was meant to be played.