Psa: Autohotkey Ban Qualification

DE_Adam

No, you don't. Anything he says is his opinion, not DE's. He never claimed to speak for DE. He can freely post opinions - we all can. We don't need a disclaimer identifying it as an opinion. You're the one who went into the whole 'reference this post to get out of a ban', not him. You don't need to be a company representative to say 'DE said this, this and this, so I think this is apparent'. Or more specifically 'DE says automation is not okay. Some things *I* consider automation to be are:". 

I don't understand your need for an absolutely specific definition of what is a bannable offense. You're not going to get one, as it removes DE's ability to be flexible, about both bans and unbans. While I'd agree that a entirely-manual process would be more fair, it would also be incredibly inefficient or costly, depending on how they'd go about it, and likely bog down other aspects of support. Not likely to happen.

You can't ignore our only data point, and then use that same data point to cry out 'the sky is falling, the sky is falling, akh.exe is causing autobans left, right and center!'.

(Edit: Removed specific #'s since I can't really back them up) A good number of people I know use ahk, myself included, and not one of us have been false flagged for repetitious macros. If it *is* picking up the process alone as a bannable offense, they've stated that's unintentional and a false flag, and you're absolutely going to get the account unbanned. 

No, what's ridiculous is that 'Warframe is a keylogger!' because it receives keyboard inputs is even part of this discussion at all. Either it's not, or by the broadest definition every program is, and either way it's totally irrelevant. Also, this is too:

^_^ Thanks for keeping it light. As I recall, the 'source' you were using was in fact a webpage off an antivirus software website, so your dictionaries should be safe. :P

I already explained why an opinion from someone who isn't a DE Rep means nothing. Posing opinions is fine, acting as if your opinion is the only logical conclusion is not. Posting your opinion in a PSA thread in response to the worries of players only helps when you're a DE Rep or are directly quoting something they said that matters. Unfortunately, that person has done neither. Saying "DE says automation is not okay. Some things *I* consider automation to be are:" completely ignores the information we have been given.

I don't want to be banned, how was that not obvious? I don't give a rat's *** about DE's flexibility when it comes to bans. If DE can add in an entire new wing for consoles, they can bite the bullet and hire some more people to take over AHK.exe related bans.

I haven't ignored anything, nor is that our only bit of data. I have dealt with support in the past, as have others. AHK.exe+some unknown criteria has already been established to cause bans. 

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8291/6iovz0i2mcq9jcrzg.jpg

They were using a rapid-click macro, something DE has said should be fine. If people are getting false-flagged for using it, it isn't fine. Again, being unbanned isn't what is important. What's important is the fact that I can get banned for something they have said is fine. False-flagging shouldn't be something I have to worry about. Not when I'm then forced to deal with support wait times to get unbanned. What if I got banned right after the release of another major update? The ones that generate so many support tickets that everything slows to a crawl. I have a strict timeframe that I must log in within or I get removed from my clan. What if I had one of my kubrows out? If it dies what am I supposed to do? Breed another and hope it turns out exactly the same? Will DE refund me the argon crystals that I end up losing? Will DE refund my various boosters? Will DE re-open the void trader if my ban ends up making me miss him? Will DE rewind Darvo so that I can have a chance to buy whatever it is he has on sale? 

Its ridiculous because the idea disagrees with your preconceived notion regarding what a keylogger is regardless of the actual definition. While I agree it is irrelevant, it is only still part of this discussion because certain people tried to fight the proper definition with their flawed one.

I didn't even bother going to look for another source, I just turned one of Rydian's around on him/her. Too late now, I already used my dictionaries as fuel for a wicked marshmallow roasting session.

Has nothing to do with Steam Overlay; get your facts straight. The issue is Windows and how it interacts with last known mouse position/use. 

Doesn't stop it from being a bug with the Steam Overlay (taking all up/down inputs). It's an unintended and potentially detrimental feature with the Steam Overlay itself, so I'm calling it a bug.

If they made it remember current key-down inputs when it opens, it could also control-send (the term AutoIt, a similar, more advanced program to AHK, uses to send inputs to a non-active program) the key-ups to the program when they are sent to the Overlay. It would take some refining to get right on all systems (and to work during high- and low-load situations) and would probably be more effort than it's worth (probably why it hasn't been fixed).

In its current state, it simply takes over all inputs while leaving key-downs in place on the program it overlays, which (in relevance to thread) would not trigger the anti-cheat because it only shows keys being held down, and not being frequently repeated or macro'd by any means.

Edited by MrBubbleSS

Never going to happen. Releasing the specifics of an automated cheat-detection process, of any form, basically makes that detection software utterly useless as people will fully understand how to program around the detection protocols.

They don't have to release the exact algorithms their cheat detection uses, but they should at least say what they can detect, what will be flagged as cheating and what is regarded legitimate usage. If someone then uses the knowledge that they can separate "true" user input from mouse movement via macros to go and build a freakin' robot that plays the game for him (Homer's drinking bird) - then I'll salute that guy for his ingenuity.

Anyone here who tells someone that macros or autohotkey are safe had better be a rep to have any validity. There is a line where saying 'I think its safe to jump off this bridge' and someone jumping off a bridge and splatting becomes more a person helping kill a person through either ignorance or malice and not opinion. Also, Darzk, the antivirus definition was a post from Rydian, the point you might remember it as someone else's is that it contridicted him.

I admire Rydian's enthusiasm for the subject and his desire to assure players that they are still going to be able to play as before, but he is not qualified to tell anyone they can, nor does his opinion or really any of ours have weight in saying that players are safe in using autohotkey or other macros.

While I think that players deserve a more detailed explanation of what is and isn't bannable in relation to autohotkey and macro use, I think the DE support staff referenced in the posts have made it clear, "Use at your own risk".

I admire Rydian's enthusiasm for the subject and his desire to assure players that they are still going to be able to play as before, but he is not qualified to tell anyone they can, nor does his opinion or really any of ours have weight in saying that players are safe in using autohotkey or other macros.

I play with a guy that uses AHK in every session as trinity (which is a lot of his sessions).  His script spams the 3 key when told to so he can get Energy Vampire off on an enemy that he mouses over (since like some other abilities you need to be aiming right at the body when 3 is pressed which is harder than an AOE ability).  Actually tapping 3 repeatedly manually would be an awkward reach (and block access to other movements with the same hand) given the WSAD setup so he set up this script instead.

I've use AHK as well (though sparingly as I prefer automatic weapons) and I've never gotten banned for it either, which gives credence to the idea that "simply using AHK gets you banned" is false.

Logically, if simply using AHK was enough to get you banned, both of us would be banned.

Neither of us have been banned, even temporarily, at any time.

So the logic "simply using AHK gets you banned" is false.  Which is the point of this thread.

Now, here's the thing...  You can sit here and say "Well this is just your opinion", or "you could be lying" or "your logic is not the world's logic" or something.  And those statements could apply just as equally to the people stating that that you will get banned simply for using AHK.

The fact that some people in this thread are ignorant about the actual workings and mechanics of scripts versus bots or how macros work in the first place is not DE's problem.

DE is not your parent, it is not their inherent job to watch over you.

DE is not your teacher, they are not required to guide you in extra-curricular things.

DE is not your professor, they are not getting paid to specifically show you how to construct things.

It is not DE's job or responsibility to explain the in-depth technical details on bots versus macros, cheating versus not-cheating with scripts (which is the manual ban threshold, BTW), automated versus handicap helps, and things of that nature.  The statements given already are clear enough to people who actually know what they're doing, the people who could actually use the info and actually write and use basic macros.

Imagine, if you will, that DE were to release another statement along these lines: "There's a rumor that alternate input methods will get you banned, but using a tablet or trackball instead of a mouse is fine."

And then the thread was filled with players who didn't actually know what a tablet or trackball was, making all sorts of accusations and repeatedly asking for more information and clarification.

That's how ridiculous this thread has gotten.

Imagine, if you will, that DE were to release another statement along these lines: "There's a rumor that alternate input methods will get you banned, but using a tablet or trackball instead of a mouse is fine."

And then the thread was filled with players who didn't actually know what a tablet or trackball was, making all sorts of accusations and repeatedly asking for more information and clarification.

Yes, because what a game considers cheating is as nicely and accurately defined as what a trackball is ...

UF1vQAB.gif

Edited by Bibliothekar
  • Like 2

I play with a guy that uses AHK in every session as trinity (which is a lot of his sessions).  His script spams the 3 key when told to so he can get Energy Vampire off on an enemy that he mouses over (since like some other abilities you need to be aiming right at the body when 3 is pressed which is harder than an AOE ability).  Actually tapping 3 repeatedly manually would be an awkward reach (and block access to other movements with the same hand) given the WSAD setup so he set up this script instead.

I've use AHK as well (though sparingly as I prefer automatic weapons) and I've never gotten banned for it either, which gives credence to the idea that "simply using AHK gets you banned" is false.

Logically, if simply using AHK was enough to get you banned, both of us would be banned.

Neither of us have been banned, even temporarily, at any time.

So the logic "simply using AHK gets you banned" is false.  Which is the point of this thread.

Now, here's the thing...  You can sit here and say "Well this is just your opinion", or "you could be lying" or "your logic is not the world's logic" or something.  And those statements could apply just as equally to the people stating that that you will get banned simply for using AHK.

The fact that some people in this thread are ignorant about the actual workings and mechanics of scripts versus bots or how macros work in the first place is not DE's problem.

DE is not your parent, it is not their inherent job to watch over you.

DE is not your teacher, they are not required to guide you in extra-curricular things.

DE is not your professor, they are not getting paid to specifically show you how to construct things.

It is not DE's job or responsibility to explain the in-depth technical details on bots versus macros, cheating versus not-cheating with scripts (which is the manual ban threshold, BTW), automated versus handicap helps, and things of that nature.  The statements given already are clear enough to people who actually know what they're doing, the people who could actually use the info and actually write and use basic macros.

It's like you guys have forgotten this person's picture: http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8291/6iovz0i2mcq9jcrzg.jpg

"[DE]Maurizio

Hello Pave, 

Thank you for the thorough explanation. In effect, autohotkey was the software that triggered the ban. As we described previously, such software can be used maliciously, but can also benefit the player in question as we have pointed out. As a result of our investigation, we determined it was only a false positive and you were only using the software fairly as it was meant to be used.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns in the future.

Enjoy Warframe!

DE_Maurizio

MPSlI5y.png"

You two haven't been banned, great, but not everyone has had the same experience.

Except we have a support response that directly supports our side while you have nothing more than your interpretation of incredibly vague statements.

Ignorance is the problem, but not ignorance regarding how scripts work. The issue is that we have no concrete information on what is and what isn't allowed by DE. We have vague (and conflicting) information.

I don't expect DE to watch over me. DE's decision to suddenly start watching over player AHK.exe usage is what created this entire problem in the first place.

While developers don't HAVE to teach their players anything about their game, they'd be foolish not to when the issue is something this important.

Support get's paid to help those who send in support tickets. DE's community managers get paid to 'manage the community'. If they decide to release a 'PSA', it isn't unfair of us to expect that PSA to actually be useful and accomplish the goal it set out to accomplish.

Here we go again... Implying ignorance on our part. We don't need information regarding what a bot is or what a macro is. We DO need to know what is cheating versus what isn't cheating since they say scripts are okay one second then say they aren't the next. Expecting them to clear the air on what is considered bannable automation and what is considered allowable aid is reasonable IMO. No, the statements they have given us are incredibly vague and I have explained this to you several times already, please keep up. Insinuating that those of us who are asking for clarification aren't capable of writing and using macros, nice.

Wow, that's the fifth time today that I ran into a terrible comparison. Being told that using a tablet, trackball, or mouse is fine while anything else isn't is not the same as being told scripts, bots and automation is bad while macros, hotkeys, and things like rapid-fire macros (except when they aren't) is not the same. Are you just not aware that scripts are used to create macros? That's like telling people that they can drink water, but that it can't contain any oxygen atoms. Another less extreme comparison is telling someone they can play basketball, but only if the ball is completely deflated.

Please stop accusing us of ignorance, especially when the chance that some of us are ignorant is completely irrelevant. Now that I think about it, someone who didn't know anything about macros would probably be less likely to ask DE for clarification because they wouldn't see that saying scripts aren't allowed while macros are doesn't make sense.

Yes, because what a game considers cheating is as nicely and accurately defined as what a trackball is ...

Just like keyboards right, they all look and work the same and-

maltron.JPG

- oh.

The difference in automated banning is between a macro and a bot, the difference between automated tasks versus handicap aids (or laziness with autofire to be more blunt).

What's the difference?

1 - If the game thinks you are botting, you'll get an auto-ban (shown multiple times by people in this thread).  Then you can get a human to look at it (shown multiple times by people in this thread).  This is what happened to the users in this thread with questionable scripts like auto-aim and cipher hacking.

1A - If the human determines it was a false positive, you'll be unbanned and told to be careful.

1B - If the human determines you were cheating, you'll be warned or worse (not sure on the severity/warning system DE uses, but some people here have not returned...)

The above is where the distinction between cheating or not cheating comes into play if it's questioned, that is the human decision.

2 - If the game doesn't think you're botting and you're just using simple autofire macros or something of the sort, there's no issue.  This is the case my friend and I fall into.

And, as I have stated multiple times in this thread, the difference between a macro and a bot can be determined with a simple question.  "Does the script achieve an actual task, something meaningful in the game, without you having to physically touch and control your computer at the same time?"

And the answer to this question, yes or no, is how things can be divided.

It's like you guys have forgotten this person's picture

The first post states that if you are banned and think it's unfair you can contact support and get somebody to look into.

You are aware that there's two types of bans being discussed here, right?

Automated versus manual?

Like, if you're not aware that that's the case, please say so and I'll try to explain in-depth and give examples (beyond what's higher up in this post of course).

I see this thread went places since the last time i looked at it. Well, i can understand any scepticism regarding the "just using ahk nets autobans" matter, at least if you have been using ahk for a long time and not gotten into any problems yet i guess you can keep telling yourself that everything's fine - and believe it, too! I too once thought i was completely safe. Oh well.

After I've been unbanned I asked the support for a refund on the affinity booster i'd just bought on the day of the ban, I figured since the ban was unwarranted i'd have a good chance on getting it. I didn't get it in the end, but some other random information that some might find interesting.

dBb7UZb.png

So, to conclude, no, simply having ahk running does not trigger an auto ban, but it will get you flagged. Now if you happen to get "anomalous mission results", you'll get an auto ban, since you are flagged. Now i have no idea what these "anomalous mission results" could be, i didn't do anything out of the ordinary in the game, i was never even flagged as afk, so it might very well have been the doing of another player. After all, reports of a whole squad getting banned because one player was "hacking" have come up before. For me this just means that even if my script is safe, the risk of hitting the combo with said mission results is enough to just forsake ahk completely. All of you who didn't hit it yet continue to have fun, but don't complain when it gets you, too.

Just like keyboards right, they all look and work the same and-

maltron.JPG

- oh.

The difference in automated banning is between a macro and a bot, the difference between automated tasks versus handicap aids (or laziness with autofire to be more blunt).

What's the difference?

1 - If the game thinks you are botting, you'll get an auto-ban (shown multiple times by people in this thread).  Then you can get a human to look at it (shown multiple times by people in this thread).  This is what happened to the users in this thread with questionable scripts like auto-aim and cipher hacking.

1A - If the human determines it was a false positive, you'll be unbanned and told to be careful.

1B - If the human determines you were cheating, you'll be warned or worse (not sure on the severity/warning system DE uses, but some people here have not returned...)

The above is where the distinction between cheating or not cheating comes into play if it's questioned, that is the human decision.

2 - If the game doesn't think you're botting and you're just using simple autofire macros or something of the sort, there's no issue.  This is the case my friend and I fall into.

And, as I have stated multiple times in this thread, the difference between a macro and a bot can be determined with a simple question.  "Does the script achieve an actual task, something meaningful in the game, without you having to physically touch and control your computer at the same time?"

And the answer to this question, yes or no, is how things can be divided.

The first post states that if you are banned and think it's unfair you can contact support and get somebody to look into.

You are aware that there's two types of bans being discussed here, right?

Automated versus manual?

Like, if you're not aware that that's the case, please say so and I'll try to explain in-depth and give examples (beyond what's higher up in this post of course).

The difference between one trackball and the next is not nearly as immense as the difference between the look/style and function of one keyboard and the next. In relation to the example given, that keyboard is completely irrelevant as the example was 'alternative input devices' on PC a keyboard and mouse combo is highly unlikely to be considered an alternative rather than the primary input device.

We have a clear example of a player getting auto banned for using an auto-fire script.

1. Players using dev-sanctioned macros have been flagged and auto-banned.

1A. Irrelevant. Getting banned in the first place is the problem.

1B. They might have just gotten tired of the back and forth between players. The only reason I've continued to post in this thread is because I hope the activity will catch the eye of a dev and earn us some much needed clarity.

2. The game's definition of what constitutes botting is far too broad if it is false-flagging players who are just using auto-fire scripts (as can be seen in the picture in post 159). Dunkingmachine's post seems to indicate that the criteria for getting flagged are having AHK.exe running while getting certain kinds of results in missions. If this is how DE's system works they seriously need to scrap it.

And, as I have stated multiple times in this thread, that definition is far too broad to ever be used seriously. Pressing LMB an infinite amount of times until I click it again can be considered the accomplishment of an actual task that is meaningful in the game without me having to physically touch and control my computer at the same time. The same goes for similar scripts that substitute LMB for an ability key (like 3 on Nekros). What is considered meaningful is completely subjective.

See above.

That's irrelevant, the problem is getting false-flagged and banned when you didn't do anything wrong. Having to contact support to get unbanned when I haven't done anything wrong is (in my opinion) a huge issue.

YOU may be trying to separate the discussion of bans into two individual discussions, but I have never treated this as two separate discussions because manual bans were never (to my knowledge) brought up as being the issue. One of the key issues being discussed in this thread is DE's automated ban system and how AHK.exe (+ some unknown criteria) factors into getting automatically banned. If there is a discussion going on about getting manually banned (by a human) it isn't one I am currently involved with nor does it have anything to do with my post, the post I replied to, or the meat of the discussions being carried out right now.

Please re-read the recent posts in this thread. You appear to have gotten mixed up. Feel free to cite posts where manual bans (meaning a human banning players rather than the ban being the result of the automated banning system) were brought up as the main issue. Please be sure to at least include the post(s)'s number so that I may find it and figure out how recent it is.

I see this thread went places since the last time i looked at it. Well, i can understand any scepticism regarding the "just using ahk nets autobans" matter, at least if you have been using ahk for a long time and not gotten into any problems yet i guess you can keep telling yourself that everything's fine - and believe it, too! I too once thought i was completely safe. Oh well.

After I've been unbanned I asked the support for a refund on the affinity booster i'd just bought on the day of the ban, I figured since the ban was unwarranted i'd have a good chance on getting it. I didn't get it in the end, but some other random information that some might find interesting.

dBb7UZb.png

So, to conclude, no, simply having ahk running does not trigger an auto ban, but it will get you flagged. Now if you happen to get "anomalous mission results", you'll get an auto ban, since you are flagged. Now i have no idea what these "anomalous mission results" could be, i didn't do anything out of the ordinary in the game, i was never even flagged as afk, so it might very well have been the doing of another player. After all, reports of a whole squad getting banned because one player was "hacking" have come up before. For me this just means that even if my script is safe, the risk of hitting the combo with said mission results is enough to just forsake ahk completely. All of you who didn't hit it yet continue to have fun, but don't complain when it gets you, too.

This answers one of my questions and also makes this false-flagging thing so much worse. If I can get banned while not breaking any rules, lose out on time for one or more of my boosters, I should be able to expect a refund on the time I missed out on (or the platinum I spent). This is pure conjecture on my part, but I also think this means that if I had a kubrow active during the time I was incorrectly banned and it died I would probably not be refunded.

While its a pain that Dunkingmachine had this happen to him, the response from DE Sully seems to reiterate that Autohotkey is causing the flagging and should be considered at your own risk. I still believe that a more official response with clear guidelines must be released on the issue for DE, something can not be allowed but also justify banning in the same circuimstance. The refusal to refund boosters and such lost for unwarrented banning is more than a little uncouth in such a situation and I would hope that this is remedied.

Well, in this case it probably wouldn't come to that. in Dunkingmachine's case DE_Sully is treating this as more of a courtesy unbanning type deal. Since the support is putting it under a suspicious software use detected category, support would only be liable for losses if it was shown that the software was eroniously considered suspicous. Since we don't have official guildlines for what is constituting the autohotkey or anything else, since its not specifically

said what made the user flag considered bannable. In my past experience with similar support situations, getting that information without being given freely through official announcements or posts would require either escalation to support management and usually a permenantly banned account often unenough, or legal action which would definately equal a banned account. DE support is their own animal however, but I would not chance such. Without specific aknowledgement of why exactly the user was banned, a player would have no proof of any preceived wrongdoing.

So, to conclude, no, simply having ahk running does not trigger an auto ban, but it will get you flagged.

No, that's not what the quote says...

Now if you happen to get "anomalous mission results"

That's the important part, that's probably what flags your account due to how the missions work in Warframe.  In-mission data is not tracked live by DE as far as I know because a player hosts the session.  End-of-mission results, however, are communicated to DE.

Now i have no idea what these "anomalous mission results" could be, i didn't do anything out of the ordinary in the game, i was never even flagged as afk, so it might very well have been the doing of another player.

I'm curious if they ever say anything about this as well 'cause it could be anything from simple ratio comparisons (kills:time, movement:time, rewards:kills) to more complex checks for specific acts or farming setups that can be automated.

The problem being the more they say about their detection and handling process, the more info cheaters have to bypass it.

~

I agree with the below snippet.

The refusal to refund boosters and such lost for unwarrented banning is more than a little uncouth in such a situation and I would hope that this is remedied.

I suggest you make a thread to see about getting a compensation booster.  If you did nothing wrong and it was the fault of DE's automated system (which is the important part), then somebody might decide to do something.  DE does resets of boosters when service is down (since that's not the player's cause), after all.

The difference between one trackball and the next is not nearly as immense as the difference between the look/style and function of one keyboard and the next.

Unless we're talking about keyboards with companion programs reading RAM as games run to display extra data, then it's the opposite.

Keyboard A - Normal keyboard most people are used to.

Keyboard B - Keys work the same, different positions.

Mouse - Limited movement in one direction before needing to pause to be picked up and replaced.

Trackball - Infinite movement along both axis, a reason some people use them for FPS games and it gives them a technical edge over mouse users as it eliminates the pauses where the mouse movement has no control.

(But I guess talking about mouse/trackballs as if it's a relevant point of debate for an FPS is dating myself at this point.)

We have a clear example of a player getting auto banned for using an auto-fire script.

And like the first post says, that can happen and if it happens you should contact support.

(BTW, some of the players in this thread were not just using autofire scripts.  I and others looked at them and pointed out how they were crossing the line.)

1A. Irrelevant. Getting banned in the first place is the problem.
but I have never treated this as two separate discussions

Holy hell, that's where we differ in what we're arguing against.

I agree with that first statement.  Auto banning is bad form, a human should look into it in each case before action is taken.

Manual banning, on the other hand, which is when a human causes it, is what differs based on if the user was actually botting or just using macros.  And this is where the whole distinction thing I've been repeating 20 times comes into play.

"Then why did you never talk about auto ban?"

'Cause the first post covers it.

1B. They might have just gotten tired of the back and forth between players. The only reason I've continued to post in this thread is because I hope the activity will catch the eye of a dev and earn us some much needed clarity.

I've been hanging out waiting for DE too.  But they're silent so far.  3 possible reasons.

1 - Whatever they'd say is along the lines of what they've said before (quoted, blah blah, makes sense, blah) and people don't listen or understand already.  It'd just be the same stuff with a newer timestamp and the people who weren't happy before (don't like or don't understand the answer) won't be happy anyways.

2 - Any actual details they give could be used to try to bypass the cheat detection, causing more actual problems (hacking and cheating), and compared to that letting users *@##$ in a forum thread is preferable.

3 - Commenting on this discussion would be hard without referring to previous users and their individual cases, which is a no-no.  Users can willingly share their own cases, but a company like DE coming in and theoretically saying "Yeah USER was lying, that's not their script" would be pretty bad.

Edited by Rydian

nobody uses the scroll wheel for semi-auto?

use the scroll wheel for semi-auto.

every click from the scroll wheel will register as a click (equivalent to firing the weapon)

It may be burst but with the RoF of AkMagnus and Telos AkBolto, it makes them ammo efficient.

we can easily reach for 1,2,3,4 on the number rows. why use the scroll wheel for switching between powers?

I've used scroll wheel since day 1, wonderful thing. I set it up a bit differently though.

WheelDown = Fire

WheelUp = Change Power

WheelPress = Activate Power

Also, Since im using a Razer Blackwidow Chroma Ultimate and a Razer Naga Hex Mouse, Razer Synapse has a lot of options for macros. I dont really use any of them though, Except for i have my Password to Warframe on a macro....that makes signing in a lot faster and easier :)

Afternoon all.

So it is understood that this can be a pretty sticky subject regarding Macro’s and Hotkeys and the like, but in the end, there is a logical level of information that can be given without giving ammo to those who would abuse an anti-botting system.

This thread – while meant to be informational in is origins – has derived into a place for people to act uncivilly to others and misinformation is being spread on both sides of the Macro/No-Macro debate. In the end, the OP gives you the information needed, and if you have any questions about your software, or if you feel that you have been banned unjustly, the forums cannot help you.

You need to submit a ticket to http://support.warframe.com and your case will be reviewed.

With that in mind, this thread is being locked.

Many thanks,

-SB