The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make The Planets Level Restricted Please

Muflon

Seriously, level 1 warframe does no good on high level mobile defenses, where he just jumped into to have his frame and gear leveled quickly. Those people are just liability you have to constantly revive (well, you don't have to...) and contribute almost no damage or support to the group. If planets were level restricted, it would make sure that you are playing with people with proper frames to the map you are doing.

It would also help to spread the gaming population across the system.

Really good point all-around. if I'm playing a public game, I don't want to get a teammate that expects to just get carried and pull his own weight in the mission. lvl restrictions for planets would also push people to clear planets and not just get the defense missions and boss missions unlocked. I've seen it and it annoys me. +1 Muflon

Nah, play private or solo if you don't like people leveling their frames in higher places.

This. If you can't handle people just doing their thing you shouldn't be playing Public games. Get a half decent clan or backpack harder, both are solutions.

Sounds like somebody who had a particularly bad experience and is overreacting.  If players are not contributing meaningfully, stop reviving them.  I'm generally willing to revive someone 2 or 3 times, then they can burn revives or get someone else to do it.  

Edited by Kyrkitao

While this sounds mean, I would not actually mind this. It's not so much that I hate them, or have some elitist viewpoint (that would mean I consider myself elite), it's that I sigh a bit at the end of a match when I revived my teammates six times and none of them have revived anyone else at all. 

Or when I jump into mid level mission and I see a Loki with a Cronus (no elemental effects visible) and what sounds like a Mk-1 Braton. 

I level up pretty fine in higher end missions on weak frames because I carry level 30 guns still. I don't see why I should be held to your idea of what is an appropriate level to play at.

If you're level 30 but don't put potatoes in your gear I have the same power level as you at level 15, so should the level cap for any content be 15 for the sake of people that have catalysts/reactors for their gear?

Once someone's supercharged gear exceeds level 15 it is better than someone else's level 16-30 uncharged equipment, so would you impose a limit on players based on if they have potatoes or not? This is walking the "pay for power" line a little close than DE is currently and not a healthy idea overall.

kinda iffy if you're running mob def or def missions.

What if we get the rank average of all the weapons + frame.

When I level up stuff, I at least bring stuff that are maxed

ex: lvl 1 lato, lvl 30 Frost, lvl 30 heck, lvl 30 dual ethers or Dual Zorens

Average rank restrictions is a good compromise between the two sides.

You must admit,it's crazy bringing a lvl 1 set to Kappa in sedna, right?

I definitely do not want level restrictions for solo mode.

For multiplayer, I could see it, but there are a lot of effectiveness differences that aren't related to level.  Someone with a potatoed rank 4 Lex with a rank 10 Hornet Strike mod in it is going to be doing plenty of damage.  A potatoed rank 4 Rhino with a rank 10 Redirection mod is going to be able to soak plenty of damage (especially if they have a sentinel with rank 5 Guardian, which requires rank 2).  Basically, you'd have to open up everything in the game by level 4.

Maybe also tie in mastery?  Level + 2 x Mastery = effective level for meeting requirements

It's not so much that I hate them, or have some elitist viewpoint (that would mean I consider myself elite)

Or when I jump into mid level mission and I see a Loki with a Cronus (no elemental effects visible) and what sounds like a Mk-1 Braton. 

"No offense, but..." applies here.  

Mk-1 Braton while suboptimal will suffice for a long time and so will a Cronus with reflex coil, killing blow, and the AP mod.  Are they awesome weapons?  No, but they can get the job done fine.

kinda iffy if you're running mob def or def missions.

What if we get the rank average of all the weapons + frame.

When I level up stuff, I at least bring stuff that are maxed

ex: lvl 1 lato, lvl 30 Frost, lvl 30 heck, lvl 30 dual ethers or Dual Zorens

Average rank restrictions is a good compromise between the two sides.

You must admit,it's crazy bringing a lvl 1 set to Kappa in sedna, right?

I don't really see it as significantly more crippling than how brain-damaged some of the people playing that area can be. If a player just runs around and ignores the defense point and lets a mission fail due to his absence is that more acceptable because he has level 30 gear?

This game isn't that hard, if you were playing optimally you could probably manage to avoid a lot of the scenarios where you feel like you lost because of someone having low level gear.

"No offense, but..." applies here.  

Mk-1 Braton while suboptimal will suffice for a long time and so will a Cronus with reflex coil, killing blow, and the AP mod.  Are they awesome weapons?  No, but they can get the job done fine.

Certainly. You are well right. But generally (an assumption here) newer players are less likely to have obtained these mods, and if obtained, will probably have preferred more impressive sounding mods over these. To be completely serious, Reflex Coil does not sound very impressive. Neither does a 15% increase in Charge Speed. 

And suboptimal it is. 

I don't mind so much in some missions, because I'll be honest in saying that killing everything yourself can be fun at times. But in other missions, having your teammates at your back is much, much preferred. 

I do have a clan, but I've limited it to my personal friends, who do not play as often as I do :sadface:

And I am not willing to abandon this more close-knitted 'community' of sorts. 

So for now, it's public games for me. :/ 

I will concede that perhaps a level limit is too harsh, and should not be implemented. 

Having amazing teammates on every game I play is unrealistic. And would not happen even if this was to happen. 

Wishful thinking. 

Edited by CheeseHasLeafs

I'll take a smart player leveling gear over any number of certifiable idjits any day of the week.

We 'carry' clan mates all the time and through being smart they are always still contributing through powers and even just drawing fire, taking heat or bag-manning depending on the mission.

The issue is not the equipment level so much as the play behaviour of the person in any level of equipment, I should think.

Level restriction won't solve the issue unless the level is an aggregate score anyways (i.e. the total of all your equipped skill levels) and at that point is of dubious merit versus the OP's point.  If the aggregate score was 60, for instance, you'd still be able to bring 3 level 20 weapons and an unranked warframe.  If you include Sentinel ranks, and you probably should, it would even be possible to bring 4 unranked pieces and a fully ranked sentinel at 30 base, 30 sentinel weapon.

If we wanted to lock later systems to Mastery ranks?  Plausible mechanically, but sounds rather punishing to me and probably significant overkill.

Edited by Drusus

Almost everything is player skill dependent. Even with unranked weapons a player can stay alive if they stay out of the fray and pewpew from a distance. If someone feels the need to run in with an unranked warframe and an unranked melee weapon while screaming quotes from Braveheart.... That's up to them to decide how they die.

Now if your complaint is that YOU have more things to do then that just sounds like laziness. My goal is to have fancy goldish/yellowish letters next to every category in the end screen. Personal gratification and all.

nop... im mostly through wit all planets yet i just hit level 3.

That would severely limit my access to diff areas - alerts and materials.

I played soem 30+ areas a rank 2 and yet i got grouped up with 4-5 rank players who were worse, bad damage and survivability.. So i end up reviving them all the time.

/sigh, ok, to elaborate some more. Im not overreacting in any way as it was mentioned somewhere here... As a low level frame, you are basicaly hoping there will be higher level guys that will carry you through the mission. This is not what you should do, you should be hoping you will contribute to the completiton of the mission. I have tried to do this thing few times, bringing low level frames and weapons to the high level defense. I felt guilty, for it took me quite some time to kill even one of the foes, while the others were doing all the stuff for me. I was basicaly carried all the way through and thats what I am against.

edit: @lifestream - I am not talking about master rank, but about general level of weapons and warframes

Edited by Muflon