Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

spaceninjaaaa

‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

Edited by greatTyphoon

I've been playing since U10 was introduced. I absolutely loved the artstyle and the way DE made the warframes look. There was not thing that I saw was unfitting or strange.

Not even Chroma, I loved his original helmet and instantly bought it the moment I logged in after the update. The only thing I thought was a stretch were nova's helmets - but I beared with it.

But now we have Mirage's new helmet. This doesn't even look like a warframe anymore. I hate it. I will never spend platinum to get it. I don't recognize 'warframe' when I see this helmet. It's taking it too far.

It all started with limbo,,,

I bet everyone feel the same, but it won't change anything, you think after spending god knows how many weeks on creating the design, then putting it in the game will just be removed cos players 'hate' it? that will never happen, it's a done deal 

but to me, I think it's a waste, since they spend thousands (I think?) making this game and now almost nobody will spend money on it 

and still, almost everyone hated the 'seahorse' chroma helm, and they just made it an alt helm, so again, nothing will change 

Y'know. I think I'm starting to see the problem. Everyone is confusing "I don't like this design" with "THIS IS DESTROYING THE ENTIRE ARTISTIC DIRECTION". You do know those aren't the same thing right? Besides, it's an alt-helmet. Why does anyone care. I mean really. The entire idea of cosmetics is that some people will like them and that others won't.

I miss the pre-U10 art style. I still only play the retro frames (Volt and Loki Prime). I do however really like Mesa's artistic design. She reminds me a lot.of the older frames and original design rout.

Limbo is just a perfect example of wasted time and a design that shouldn't be anywhere near this game.

I bet everyone feel the same, but it won't change anything, you think after spending god knows how many weeks on creating the design, then putting it in the game will just be removed cos players 'hate' it? that will never happen, it's a done deal 

but to me, I think it's a waste, since they spend thousands (I think?) making this game and now almost nobody will spend money on it 

and still, almost everyone hated the 'seahorse' chroma helm, and they just made it an alt helm, so again, nothing will change 

Y'know. I think I'm starting to see the problem. Everyone is confusing "I don't like this design" with "THIS IS DESTROYING THE ENTIRE ARTISTIC DIRECTION". You do know those aren't the same thing right? Besides, it's an alt-helmet. Why does anyone care. I mean really. The entire idea of cosmetics is that some people will like them and that others won't.

This is feedback. This is so DE will make more attractive helmets in the future that more people will like and would be willing to spend platinum on. I really doubt anybody is going to buy this with platinum. Do you not understand that?

Edited by Hitmonho

I bet everyone feel the same

Wow, those statements. So much assumption.

Edited by xRufus7x

This is feedback so DE will make more attractive helmets that more people will like and would be willing to spend platinum on. I really doubt anybody is going to buy this with platinum. Do you not understand that?

I do. The problem is that your feedback is, and I quote, "This doesn't even look like a warframe anymore. I hate it." That's not actually feedback because you never explain why you think that. Nor what you think could be done to improve in the future. "Do better next time" is not useful in the slightest as...literally anyone will tell you.

This is feedback so DE will make more attractive helmets that more people will like and would be willing to spend platinum on. I really doubt anybody is going to buy this with platinum. Do you not understand that?

people have been giving 'art' feedback ever since limbo.....and someone ppl think it doesn't even work, even normal feedback is just read and just gets put in the 'later' gar 

I know that no one will pay for it, that's what I'm saying, DE should finally know what their playerbase like for a helmet, and to make this helm is just a waste of resources since they won't get (at least) money from their work 

Maybe Mynki's view of Warframe wasn't exactly his when he began designing, and he's refined his artistic style to the point where he can now whittle Warframe's designs into ones that he wanted the game to be like when he began.

The problem with this hypothesis is, people like you got used to and liked the previous artistic style.

It's a very understandable issue.

I personally feel that Warframe's artistic direction is headed the right way if the artist is doing what he wants to do.

I do. The problem is that your feedback is, and I quote, "This doesn't even look like a warframe anymore. I hate it." That's not actually feedback because you never explain why you think that. Nor what you think could be done to improve in the future. "Do better next time" is not useful in the slightest as...literally anyone will tell you.

Do I seriously need to explain why I don't like it? For starters her face looks like a melted grineer mask. It barely resembles a face or the kind of futuristic faceless helmets that frames like mag, excalibur, rhino, and ember have. It is horribly ugly and shocking just to stare at and I really doubt you disagree on that or anybody.

On top of the unrecognizable white split masked eye thing, you have these bulging cat ear things that completely clash with the helmet. Everything is just shocking and clashing and not fitting at all. Nothing about the helmet makes sense.

To ask why you think something is ugly is an extreme stretch for an arguement.

Edited by Hitmonho

people have been giving 'art' feedback ever since limbo.....and someone ppl think it doesn't even work, even normal feedback is just read and just gets put in the 'later' gar 

I know that no one will pay for it, that's what I'm saying, DE should finally know what their playerbase like for a helmet, and to make this helm is just a waste of resources since they won't get (at least) money from their work 

1. You don't know that.

2. If DE significantly cared about alt helm sales they would remove them from alerts.

butthurt-dweller-all-my-opinions-are-fac

I just saw these helmets and I think a lot of opinions taking the place of fact are being tossed in this thread...

It's cool to not like something but that doesn't automatically make it bad simply because you don't like it.

"I don't like it" does not mean "bad".

*shrug*  Looks like Warframe to me. Mirage's new helmet just reminds me of Oberon's butt-face helmet.

I think the only thing that stands out, with Mirage, and ONLY Mirage so far, is that every single one of her helmets has discernible "eyes." Something no other Warframe really has. Which is something unique to Mirage and it has interesting connotations. (Probably given her propensity for trickery, that they are false eyes).

Edited by Gelkor

1. You don't know that.

2. If DE significantly cared about alt helm sales they would remove them from alerts.

butthurt-dweller-all-my-opinions-are-fac

there's like 23 warframes, each has 2 helms.....you do the math, the chances of you being online and the helm u wanted is on alert is too low, it's basically RNG 

and you don't know if what I said is true, maybe it's correct XD 

Do I seriously need to explain why I don't like it? For starters her face looks like a melted grineer mask. It barely resembles a face or the kind of futuristic faceless helmets that frames like mag, excalibur, rhino, and ember have.

First up, yes. Yes you do. Second, that's better, that's actually going into some sort of detail. Third, I mean, that's sort of her thing. She's a Harlequin. A trickster. What better trick is there than making someone think there's a face when there isn't. Or, when secretly it is? Also, one of Loki's helmets looks like a submarine. Excalibur's Pendragon has eyeballs. Mag has headphones. Ember has a cockcomb. This is not a new thing. But again, that's how cosmetics work. You win some you lose some.

*shrug*  Looks like Warframe to me. Mirage's new helmet just reminds me of Oberon's butt-face helmet.

I think the only thing that stands out, with Mirage, and ONLY Mirage so far, is that every single one of her helmets has discernible "eyes." Something no other Warframe really has. Which is something unique to Mirage and it has interesting connotations. (Probably given her propensity for trickery, they are false eyes).

Limbo got a different hat.  It's a Bowler this time lol.  Me likey.  Mirage was jester/harlequin themed and I have no idea what that helm is supposed to resemble lol, but I like the alieness of it.

edit: it kinda reminds me of the queen of hearts hat for some reason and alien...

Edited by (PS4)geomancer1980

just my two cents: I almost didn't even start playing Warframe because of the way the warframes looked...  Looking at Excal and that horn, I honestly was not interested.

One bored day, tho, I decided to give it a shot, and sure enough, I'm still playing it, now.  I don't mind the artistic direction one way or the other, tho I do prefer less alien/ugly looking helmets/frames.  I also prefer Limbo's starting helmet over the alternate.  I almost never buy alternate helmets.  I just wait for the alert.