Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬

spaceninjaaaa

How exactly?

The change from a solemn, minimalistic, more abstract presentation to a more explicit, literal, and lackadaisical one.  The original UI, story elements, and frame designs implied much but left the details hazy.  This was perhaps a side-effect of limited budget/technology/creative progression but it ended up being really gripping and visceral for the player.  What happened to space ninjas (or at least trying to be,) ambient/atmospheric background music, and a clean, functional UI?  We traded them for dogs, flying, and officially supported endless void grind.  A shift in philosophy became apparent around U14 and seems to have become the status quo.  The changes to a lighter UI/website theme and to the motto of the game are superficial, but quite inidcative of an overall trend.   I imagine this has been the result of staff changes and pressure on DE to monetize their game, as well as the increasing role of player feedback creeping into  the game.   Things were honestly a lot better before DE started actually taking a lot of feedback from players that range from misinformed to dead wrong about how the game works and what works creatively in the universe that DE originally created for Warframe.  It really makes me wonder if a game (like Warframe) can be unique and really great as a result but still remain profitable and thus continue to exist in that state.  

Am I the only one who noticed that Mirage looks like the Lotus, and limbo could resemble most of the male members of DE. *cough* though those without hair stand out here *cough*

An interesting direction me-thinks, it's for fun, I wouldn't stress about it folks.

*edit* clarification: I meant the new helmets make the resemblance

Edited by hammerheathen

I cant help but think that when people complain of the way warframe is going, that they are just scared of change so to speak. the game is still technically in beta, it's going to change and evolve over time. The developers are making a game to have people play and enjoy. why wouldnt they give the people what they want? People demanded more lore and slowly but surely lore is being implemented in the game. and honestly the whole ninja thing people going back to could only last for so long. When aliens, cybernetic techno suits and cyborg clones in a large galaxy spanning empire as well as rocket launchers and things of that nature, (hell even fire arms in general) the idea of a ninja can only be around for a limited time, and with any project things start off one way but eventually change and evolve, anyone thats written an essay, or done an art project will tell you that the final product differs from what was envisioned. these things just happen. maybe it was dark and mysterious at first, but theres nothing wrong with the current direction of the game. its still warframe. maybe not the same warframe as two years ago, but it is warframe

Oh and anyone that claims the game is "dying" or something is "killing" the game please stop being dramatic. it isn't that bad. theres no perfect game, and never will be, there will be things you dont like, get over it 

Edited by JayGideon1

Warframe's creative vision was critically wounded in U14 and has been slowly dying ever since. 

Uhh...what? Sorry, but that's just crazy. No offense. 

And anyways, that helm doesn't look any less "Warframe" than Saryn's alt helms.

The change from a solemn, minimalistic, more abstract presentation to a more explicit, literal, and lackadaisical one.  The original UI, story elements, and frame designs implied much but left the details hazy.  This was perhaps a side-effect of limited budget/technology/creative progression but it ended up being really gripping and visceral for the player.  What happened to space ninjas (or at least trying to be,) ambient/atmospheric background music, and a clean, functional UI?  We traded them for dogs, flying, and officially supported endless void grind.  A shift in philosophy became apparent around U14 and seems to have become the status quo.  The changes to a lighter UI/website theme and to the motto of the game are superficial, but quite inidcative of an overall trend.   I imagine this has been the result of staff changes and pressure on DE to monetize their game, as well as the increasing role of player feedback creeping into  the game.   Things were honestly a lot better before DE started actually taking a lot of feedback from players that range from misinformed to dead wrong about how the game works and what works creatively in the universe that DE originally created for Warframe.  It really makes me wonder if a game (like Warframe) can be unique and really great as a result but still remain profitable and thus continue to exist in that state.  

I disagree, It was originally "hazy" on details but since then they have begun to make it more defined. That isn't removing a "style" that is refining it. I think it is likely the style that you assumed they were going for is not what it was, or what they decided in the end.

"Space Ninja" was a theme that disappeared around the time Rhino / Frost came out. The Scindo and Galantine certainly aren't Ninja like, and they were out well before U14. The minimalistic theme was due to budget and time. They've added and refined it to be more immersive. I'm not sure how it was "gripping and visceral" before U14 and isn't now.

I personally thing this departure from "style" is not a departure at all but the game growing in a way you don't agree with. That does not mean they have sacrificed, caved, or w/e. Based on Dev Streams the High ups haven't really changed that much, so overall decision makers are still the same. Scott, Drew and Sheldon Have been there a long time I believe I spotted them in Dev Stream 4, but I forget, I only started on U10 and didn't watch Devstreams until this year.