Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synthesis Scanner Targets Not Showing Up In Missions.

DeMeritus

Finding lancers to scan wasn't too hard.  There were little blue glowy dots that sometimes, though not always appeared.  They were often times really hard to find and sometimes didn't show up at all.  Though running back and forth through a map after wiping out enemies would eventually trigger the target to spawn.

So with this new enemy, I was running around Europa and... nothing.  Ran an extermination, the target didn't spawn.  Ran around from spawn to the extraction tile, back adn forth a few times.  Occasioanlly the scanner would start pinging rapidly, but... nothing.  No blue dots, nothing indicating even what direction I was supposed to go in.

At best, the scanner is near useless and awkward to use to try to find the scanning target.

Typically, there's no feedback at all concerning the whereabouts of the target until it spawns near you.

I think whoever designed this system hates the players.  :/

To fix this, make the visual cues to find the synthesis target something other than the current obtuse system that often times places indicators seemingly under the floor or someplace the players can't see them.  Why not use a steady line/stream of particles to indicate the proper direction?  You like like a trail.  That you might be "scanning" for using a "scanner" for synthesis.  Isn't that what this is for?  Tracking and scanning the target right now just doesn't even work most of the time.

To replicate: Try going to Europa and attempt to scan for the target.

Go on.

I dare you.

Edited by DeMeritus

Technically Anti-Moa's are supposed to spawn on any Corpus tileset that is level 5+

If you enter a mission and Simarus tells you that there's a synthesis target, complete your mission, then get out your scanner and keep looking for a small little blue light. That'll take you to it.

I would try Jupiter - Mobile Defense

If you enter a mission and Simarus tells you that there's a synthesis target, complete your mission, then get out your scanner and keep looking for a small little blue light. That'll take you to it.

Duh.  You think I don't know that?

On many of the missions, the visual indicators don't show up at all.

I'm guessing English isn't your native language and you either missed that or didn't understand.

The problem seems to be that the indicators aren't being generated on the nav mesh.  Something screwed up.  Tihs isn't the "player help" section.  This part of the forum is for reporting bugs, such as the likely nav mesh issue that's causing this.

Edited by DeMeritus

The blue dots do not guide you to the target, but form a line from your spawn tile to the target's spawn tile, mostly appearing in doorways.

Also, Anti-Moas tend to spawn on Jupiter usually, so it might be best playing there.

The blue dots do not guide you to the target, but form a line from your spawn tile to the target's spawn tile, mostly appearing in doorways.

Also, Anti-Moas tend to spawn on Jupiter usually, so it might be best playing there.

Yeah... I already know where anti-moas spawn.  Been playing the game for a while now.  I'm well familiarized with how the system is supposd to work.  This isn't a "Please help me! I have no idea where to find targets to scan!" post, this is a "Something is broken with the system and it's not generating data properly, leading to things being broken." thread.

I didn't post in the player help section for a reason.  This is about reporting that something does derpy with the little blue indicators and the placement of the target's spawning point.  You know, reporting a "bug" on the PC version of Warframe, it's not coincidence that I posted this in the "PC Beta Bugs" section.

By the way, if someone didn't have their scanner out and you get all the way to extraction without somehow triggering the target's spawning, when you're near extraction, a chain of the blue dots shows up leading back from where you are toward the spawn location.  Just putting that out there.

Edited by DeMeritus

• 3 weeks later...

I totally get what this guy is saying.

I just began the quest "THE NEW STRANGE", first time i had NO, traps too hard to scan the spots. So i finished map went and bought traps. Tried again!

The target never showed EVER!!!. I found the blue markers and guess what?! followed them and found their end (both directions) NO target and no more markers! just to make sure I walked and and checked the whole map it was a deception map and as target I'm after a "Elite Arid Lancer." Theres plenty of them, but, none of them are the target and I know what the target is meant to be (the blue glowing on that's name is "SYNTHESIS TARGET"). After all I chased one for about 2 minutes the first time before giving up as I had NO traps.

I have had success since then (LUCKY SPAWNS) but, still most of the time the target NEVER SHOWS or really I couldn't be bother to go and find him. As I have done everything else and staying on the map to do something that may take for ages is JUST a waste of time.

Got to say this hunt idea at the moment is just stupid and tedious. One reason being the RANDOM/FAIL spawn rubbish and second the fact that swapping in and out of items with no way to hot key particular items can get you killed and due to the sensitivity of rush swapping between items 50% of the time you find that you stuff it up and don't equip the scanner or any item at all when you mean to, even know logically you made all the correct inputs as far as controls go,its simply the games response is terrible.