Coming Soon: Devstream 50!

[DE]Rebecca

Join us this Friday, April 10 for a milestone of a stream: Devstream #50! Our 50th Devstream will feature some celebratory events, PLUS we’ll stay a little longer for extra-special time together!

Who: Scott, Sheldon, Geoff, Steve & Rebecca will be ready for the big 5-0!

What: The extended Devstream #50 will appropriately feature 50 Questions & 50 Answers as well as some amazing prize opportunities and fun activities!

What Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes as well as a Limited Edition Dev-team autographed Excalibur Statue!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us Friday, April 10 at 2 p.m. EDT! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on April 10. Get your questions in – we won't stop Streaming until 50 Questions have been answered!

Hey Geoff: When is the Eclipse Narta coming back?

Hey Sheldon: Why is it that Prime parts* got removed from the Void, rather than the Forma Blueprints, low Tier keys, uncommon Fusion Cores or Orokin Cells that exist only to dilute the drop pool?

* Specifically pertaining to Frost Prime, Latron Prime and Reaper Prime, which have had their means of acquirement completely removed from the game until further notice.

And now I turn back to Steve and Scott:

Can you address up the disproportionate use of Desecrate by Nekros players, according to your By the Numbers data?

Daggers are too short for stealth play (losing the stealth bonus if you get too close to an enemy) and oddly slow for practical use; the Sword and Board can't block more than a couple consecutive hits (due to poor stamina efficiency); Scythes are left behind by other heavy melee and polearms. Are there any immediate plans to address non-Berserker/non-Heavy weapons?

Are augments simply intended to add to the fun factor, or instead to make abilities endgame viable? Presently it's a mix of both, with the latter set removing most demand for the former, and creating a grindwall to improve weak abilities* and weapons.
* Damage-focused abilities like Psychic Bolts and Ice Wave have no scaling features without an Augment; this creates a reputation barrier to use those skills effectively in endgame.

Edited by Archwizard

alot of frames now have 3-4 augments some are awesome (like despoil and pilfering swarm) whereas others aren't worth the mod energy and some honestly should be part of the base ability (surging dash, pool of life, divebomb vortex) , are there any plans to add maybe a single augment slot? for me that would be enough to use some of the less useful augments and would help slot them into already crowded builds

Secondly, any plans to tweak the costs/ tier of some augments? the lower levels of syndicates are kinda barren and some augments would be more useful to a newer player(that only has access to lower tiers) as opposed to a higher MR player

One for arching, any chance we could get some inertia (maybe a button toggle for dampeners). Often I've wanted to shoot some enemies on my way between two points in INT but have to keep looking and hold forward to go foward

and some misc questions:

Sniper buff?

Why did you remove the main feature of the kohm and make it into just another bland shotgun?

More Sword and board weapons?

More Weapon augments?

When will we get Impact event mods?

Guides of the lotus? when and can i has?

Also, Why no primed chamber giveaway for the 50

And this

Something that has always confused me is why did you nerf the gore AFTER Warframe went from a rated-T game to a rated-M game? I remember back when the death animations used to be very graphic and it played a very large role in the very dark tone of Warframe. Now corpse seem to just fall to the ground and get launched a few feet back or desolve, etc.

With-only-32color.gif

This was from when Warframe was rated T. What happened? Why can't we have this back?

Edited by Noobsdie4eva

Is there any chance of us getting color palettes that modify the PBR material properties (ie metallic or matte palettes)? Here are my experiments with dynamic material modification using color masks:

6la.png

5l6.png

6lc.png

Relevant threads here:
Edited by egregiousRac

Will we get a device that will allow us to transfer our arcane enhancements to other cosmetics without having to get same ones over again?

Bonus:  what are the chances of spawning assassins in the Simulacrum?

Edited by Juebev

Q1: Will we ever be able to see in our squad how many times a weapon or warframe of a teammate is polarized?

Q2: Will we be able to see for the stalker which mark we still have from which boss?

Q3: Polarizing 2.0? possible to polarize the same slot to add another polarity?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Suggestion to balance every weapon and make the base damage equal to each other but still unique. In addition to that we could get a use out of the mastery rank:

1zfhpxs.jpg

Upgrading weapons will depends and based on your Mastery Rank, and when you upgrade a weapon, it will reset the level(much like when you forma a weapon) but doesn't resets forma and potato cost.

Make it so not all weapon have the same branch, for example, elemental based weapons, I'd say branch off into [Proc Chance] or [Proc Duration and effectiveness] or [Critical Chance] or [Critical Damage] Branches AKA some weapon will be missing out on some upgrade branch and should have their own branch according to their needs for the sake of viability.

But weapons when they're on the same tier should be relatively on par with each other and the mods will scale them, considering damage 2.0, elemental shouldn't add the scaled damage, but applies the elemental effect on current damage instead.

This could be a fundamental idea to consider for the aim of DE to balance the so called ''power creep''.

Credits to Waudozer https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/193596-ideasuggestionweapon-upgrade-treeweapons-20/?p=2248727

Edited by Tyreuzs

When consoles get U16, will we be able to work alongside PC players in unlocking new lore from Cephalon Simaris, or are we going to just merely repeat what PC players have already unlocked?

Who would you F, who would you marry, and who would you kill:  Captain Vor, Alad V, Vay Hek?

Edited by (PS4)thefndodge

1. I'd like some clarification on how Void keys will work when the Void "blows up."

Will there be new keys added to match the fact that you can enter the void from any mission? Or we get "generic keys?" Ex: Will my t4 defense keys just turn into a plain "t4" key that can be used on any mission?

2. Will you guys ever add unique enemies to the void? Right now they're just all recycled from the other factions. Also they're the least interesting faction to fight because there's like a dozen different units to fight, compare that to the grineer and corpus who have many, many different units with different weapons. I feel this is an issue, considering the fact that They are the faction I fight the most by far, they really should be more interesting than they are now.

Edited by LythronaxPrime

Are we going to get something more than just lore out of Synthesis scans? I do love the new story we received, but I feel like getting something a little more, like a reputation boost, Synthesis target specters or something similar would be a better incentive for Tenno to join our cause!

Hello! One of the Guides of the Lotus here asking if there's anything added to the relay to give a better new player experience. Such as a board letting players know where to go, or a portable cephalon to tour them around the area.

We get many new players confused and I would love to know if there's anything that can be automated and cleaned up!

can't wait for it, I really need to rally up 

my question is this: 

recently, we've gotten new augment mods, and yesterday you showed us 3 new augment mods that are being worked on, and many people think that some of these augment need to be already a part of the ability itself, or just don't have any space in their already tight mod build.

so my point is: what is your definition of an augment mod? will some of them be a part of their ability? 

thank you ^^

How goes Focus? And how will you guys make Movement 2.0 more control friendly.

How will charge attacks work outside of combos?  

Any more progress on PBR textures?

When can we expect more alt helmets for frames such as Ash, Volt, Rhino, Excalibur, Etc.

Will we get a device that will allow us to transfer our arcane enhancements to other cosmetics without having to get same ones over again?

if we get we should totally have the arcane helmets converted to normal helmets with an arcane buff that can be transferred between helmets. 

Also please make the planet nav segments sellable or something, they've been piling up in everyone's inventory.

Edited by Kethus

Something that has always confused me is why did you nerf the gore AFTER Warframe went from a  rated-T game to a rated-M game? I remember back when the death animations used to be very graphic and it played a very large role in the very dark tone of Warframe. Now corpse seem to just fall to the ground and get launched a few feet back or desolve, etc. 

With-only-32color.gif

This was from when Warframe was rated T. What happened? Why can't we have this back? 

Also, any plans to buff the Silva & Aegis? The weapon is pathetically weak which is sad considering it is the first place winner in the melee contest.

Edited by Valafor

Are selectable holster positions on the table? These became a hot topic after the Dex Dakra got released using the same holster position as Sword/Dagger combos.

Here is a concept of a few different holster positions that most people prefer for the Dex Dakra:

5qs.png

Edited by egregiousRac

Any chance for a Stalker rework? He's somewhat... outdated now.

To elaborate, he himself is not technically broken, but given we have things like the Manic and even the Grustrag 3 now, his fights are boring. With Stalker, it's a who can one-shot first scenario, in which you either feel cheated that you lost or unsatisfied because you won. I'm not asking for a buff and I'm not asking for a nerf, I'm asking if we can get a rework of his fighting style and make his battle an engaging one, because right now he's not additive to this player's experience.

Edited by Krion112

Are there plans to expand the need for tactical gameplay that we get hints of in extended void runs or raids?

Currently most players see little need to devise specific tactics to fit a certain situation by anything beyond common knowledge setups. As an example, most people would think to bring a Frost to a defense mission, but few would think of using a Loki/Vauban combo as a more viable and better-scaling tactic.

As another example, raids were difficult to coordinate with all 8 people, and teams soon realized that raids could be completed much faster with a more skilled team of just 4 people.

So my question, in other words; Are more specific options and game-modes other than 'long endless runs' for skilled teams being looked at?

Edited by --Q--JoeTheBanshee