Coming Soon: Devstream 50!

[DE]Rebecca

-snip-

13. I think there's only a small problem with that, (And yeah I know I'm no dev) is that some frames are less than viable for certain missions, mostly defense missions and solo interception missions, although that can easily be solved if you are not playing solo, but if you are, which a fair amount of people do (myself included for the most part) they'd be at an objective disadvantage, also stacking bonuses would be indirectly increasing the grind, which has been frowned upon by many.

Just my 2 cents.

What is the ETA on downgrading the tier of clans should it's roster drop below member requirements?

Is someone ever going to correct distances the archwing HUD displays for enemies and waypoints?  (It's currently off by a factor of 4.  Or is this a homage to Scotty from Star Trek?)

Will walk/sprint speed ever be added to the stats window of frames?  (on a side note: when will the "stamina 8" bug be fixed?)

The current ammo system heavily encourages using weapons which deal high damage per shot. A few weapons have been hand-touched to provide a non-standard ammo reserve, but only the most visible have received that treatment, and regardless none have received tweaked replenishment rates from pickups and restores. Are there any systemic changes you could make to allow machine pistols to shine in extended conflicts? Is archwing-style infinite ammo off the table?

Does the existence of primed point blank and primed heated charge imply those mod families (+raw damage and +elemental damage) are sacred cows, or are you still willing to kill them even though they represent enormous player investment?

Have there been any lessons learned from Trials that can be brought back into the mission design for the rest of the game? Is that multi-objective structure a good fit for standard missions? Will enemy scaling be readdressed in light of how the Trials' extremely high-level enemies function?

Last devstream mentioned simplifying the star chart, can you expand on those plans?

Are shotgun and sniper buffs still on the agenda? What have you discovered needs changing? For example, what makes Kohm so loved and Strun so hated?

Edited by MaleMan

14. There was some discussion of the 2 "lost" warframe mod slots coming back someday as augment-only slots. Is this still in the works?

15. It's been stated each power will end up with multiple augments, and, understandably, as not all powers have even one yet, no power yet has two. Is this still on track, and how far off does it look like we'll be before the first double-augmented powers?

16. It's quite easy to have over 50 sigls now, yet we only have 2 sigil slots. Will we ever be able to apply sigils to some of the other unclaimed locations, like face, arms, hands, and legs? This would add to player customization levels, and it seems pointless to be acquiring seas of sigils we'll never use, while having most of our warframe's surface area still unadorned.

I know the suggestion has appeared on the forums before my arrival in the Warframe Universe, but I've never seen anything that suggests to me that DE has stated a position on the idea.

Are there any plans to allow players to scale mod rank (up to the maximum rank the player has fused the mod to)?  This would allow for scaling a mod to fit a build, at a lower power level without having to add a forma, or allow the mod to grow with a new frame/weapon after a new build or forma application.  It would also eliminate the need to keep multiple copies of a given mod at different power levels.

-EDIT-  For the love of all that is holy, please do NOT consider adding quick time events to anything in Warframe.  QTE sucks.  It has always sucked. It will always suck.

Edited by Thaelyn2

Hello again, Lotus, and my fellow Tenno, It's been a long time since I have posted for a Q&A, and I look forward to hear some answers. Here are a few of my questions!

1: Chroma: Customization: Alternate Pelts? Will Chroma Prime have one?

2: Sniper/Shotgun Buffs: When or If?

3: Untradeable Blueprints: Will they ever be tradable? (Boar/Snipertron for example)

4: All new Warframes will be Conclave-Ready, does this mean the end of truly powerful abilities? (Ex: Nova's Prime, Vauban's Bastille, Saryen's Miasma) While Chroma is fun to play on, I don't feel as if his abilities are quite on par with others for this very reason.

5: Is PVP now a design focus for Warframe?

6: Large Scale Weapons (Orgis, Torid, Opticor) are fun to play with, but given the fast "assault/stealth" type of game play we have in Warframe, they feel out of place. Is there a secret project in the background to bring a more "Siege" type mission where Heavy Weapons can shine?

7: Focus? If/When/Ever?

8: Will Focus act more like Syndicates or more like Mods 3.0?

9: Duplex-Trigger Type: Will this ever come back? I really enjoyed it, sadly, just not a shotgun fan (fall off damage and all)

10: Seriously, Chroma Pelt Alternatives, something sleeker, and Dragon like (Ala D&D Red Dragons).

I would also like to take a moment and thank DE and everyone working there, even the janitors. For the last two years, you guys have been making a great game and I have been glad to be a part of it. Keep up the great work guys and hopefully, we will see you in game!

PS: Chroma Prime.

17. Sigils on Kubrows: Why not?

18. Are there any other raids on the horizon yet?

19. Relays aren't particularly prominent when viewing planets in the navigation menu, and have no special way to get to them besides the standard "pick a planet, spin to find the node" thing. Shouldn't they be a little easier to access, given their nature?

20. Will we ever be rebuilding the relays? It's been months since they were destroyed.

21. Raids currently have severe issues with dropped players being unable to reconnect/rejoin a mission they were in. Will this ever be addressed?

Hey DE! Not a question, more of a request -

Friday (April 10th) is my 24th birthday!  Would it be impossible to have you guys sing happy birthday on stream?

Hey, thought it wouldn't hurt to try.  But if you do, my name is Rey, just saying...

My questions:

- A long time ago, when Wyrm and Shade were the only Sentinels, there was mention ( during Devstreams ) of Sentinels possibly hacking things for us. Has this been abandoned, forgotten, or just a low priority?

- Why do we give samples of Orokin technology ( Forma, Potatoes, Prime parts ) to Syndicates/Baro Ki'Teer? How does this maintain the Balance?

Please give me a lore-related reason to do this, even if only a little ingame queue of the Lotus giving me the OK to help out these Syndicates and/or Baro Ki'Teer.

1: Are there currently any plans to add minigames, board games, trading card games or other friendly non-combat activities to the Dojo/Relays? I think this was briefly mentioned in a Devstream once but there weren't any details said at the time.

2: Are there any plans for chat 2.0 or minimap 2.0? Both systems are pitiful in their current state, and lead to an enormous amount of confusion.

3: Focus?!?

It might have been asked already in the thread, but please, could you finally adress whole AFK situation? Please tell us where is it going, and what did you have in mind introducing timer.

Also, for 2-3 months now i have been trying to get my hands on ceramic dagger. Unfortunately in my timezone it's always at 3-5am of my time. I noticed that some alerts pop up 2-3 times per day. could you fix the alerts so that people from other time zones could be getting them at reasonable time of day ?

Will existing tileset finally get more rooms ?

It's getting a little bit boring seeing the same rooms over and over and over again.

New tilesets are neat, but I would prefer more variety for existing tilesets.

Why do people keep asking about focus? Melee 2.0 rendered most of its purpose obsolete, and when they bring back charged attacks it won't have anything to do with focus.

And why would you even want yet another bar to keep track of? This isn't an MMO. Health bar, energy bar, stamina bar, this is more than enough.

My question is this:

I miss farming gold cores. I really do. I know it was a bit... exploitative, running T4 with gammacor for hours on end to farm hundreds of cores.

What I want is something hard that has good rewards. Remember that tactical alert you had a while back with all those level 100+ fire dudes? That was fun.

Any chance of T5, T6, or nightmare T4s, or something else suitably difficult? Raids don't count.

What about Dark Sector Conflicts? The U16 is getting old and still we cannot conquer the Dark Sectors. If you're trying to implement the new PVP mechanics to it, I'd say don't. Old mechanics were not the best, but without our regular mods the turrets will blow us away in one shot, not mentioning the heavy gunners. Other players' Warframes will not be the biggest threat anymore.