Coming Soon: Devstream 50!

[DE]Rebecca

I had a couple questions,

1. What will we be seeing next to go prime? If you feel like keeping it a secret you can just say whether its a frame or a waepon

2. I noticed how recently Frost prime and two other weapons were removed from the void drop table, what primes are next for being dropped?

Are there any thoughts about balancing content to Solo or Small Group play, or players of lower mastery levels and gear?

Many missions do not seem to alter certain content (say, # of enemies allowed spawned at once) based on how many players are actually present. That makes certain mission types almost unplayable at "normal" levels of gear without a full 4-player team. (Excavation, or other missions with rapidly/continually spawning enemies).

Sure, if you are absolutely geared-out, you can overpower a lot of these concerns. But that doesn't apply to any new or fairly recent players who do not want to get involved with random players, or join a large pre-established social clan just to be able to "play the game".

Personally, I prefer to play the game solo, or with one other players from real life. We've discovered that some missions are just overwhelming for 2 players. 

This is especially problematic on stages where enemies are fully auto-aggressive, which disables any possibility of stealth/sniping/ambush gameplay. 

A simple calculation based on reducing the spawn cap of active enemy targets would make this more balanced without nerfing the enemies themselves.... 

Yes, it's an "MMO", but more MMO games these days are realizing the need for down-scaling content for "non-optimal raid groups" to draw-in or retain the players tired of everything forcing a constant-social state of mind.

Sometimes, a dude (or lady) just wants to jump into a mission and pop heads without worring about "Social".

"Wth is this idiot doing?" "Why is he rushing through, i want to kill every blasted thing in a 100-yard radius."

On a related balancing note - Is it really fair for a Mastery Rank 2 or 3 "New" player, to be stalked by Level 35 Stalker, or a group of 8 Level 30+ -Eximus execution squad from a hostile Synrdicate? 

Yeah, i've made several valiant attempts, managed to separate 1 eximus and almost burn it down with a Latron rifle and Dex Dakra swords before his friends caught up to us. (Remember, i'm only Rank 3, only been playing a few weeks, so very limited resources/weapons/mods so far.... ).

At this point, my only recourse is to simply waste a revive when they show up, abort mission and try again; or completely undo my syndicate gains/standings. |:

Maybe base Syndicate Death Squads level/power based on Mastery Rank and/or # of Players? 

Edited by IlluminaVB

Now, the only way to extend the duration of the melee counter is using the augment Rising Storm for Ash. Is there any plan do include a mod who extend the Melee Counter Duration?

Really, the high scores being almost impossible to reach outside of infested is what keeping some people tu use only melee in endgame - including Raids to some extention.

Hello devs & Rebecca!

This time I won't come up with my usual list but I got a real concern :

I've just tried the new Spy rooms and...They're amazing!! Nevertheless, Stealth didn't change at all.

Please, I beg you, have you ever thought about additions that would make Stealth harder better faster & stronger? It's nice to include new stuff with Spy, but it must go with Stealth 2.0, Parkour 2.0 or Moves 2.0 things to make it viable & enjoyable for everyone!

Okay, maybe I have other stuff to ask :

2) Where is Mios?

3) What's the status of the Focus system?

4) What's the status of the Cloth physics? (A little thought for Volt,Trinity, & Frost users)

5) What's the status of Charge attacks?

6) Where is Jeffrey Golem?

7) The dojo aquariums, D.E. , where are they?

8) What is mr Geoff working on about Parkour 2.0 exactly? (apart from what was previously showed)

9) Is the idea of adding Typhus dead?

10) When will you make quests replayable?

11) When are the previous events like Gradivus coming back into the quest system?

12) You told us in the first tennolive about other pets. Is this question forgotten? Are you working on it?

13) Where the Hek are the difficulty settings mr Steve talked about some devstreams ago?

14) Any new stuff to show?

It's your 50th devstream! You need to announce HUGE stuff!!! (And awesome promises)

Edited by unknow99

What is going on with the focus system were is it now at?

What is the next step for PvP?

Can something be done for host migration issue in PvP? (when host decides to leave either rage quits or not all the progress for the rest of the players is gone)

Is it possible to earn even more exp in PvP? it takes ages to reach that dayly cap getting 500-1500 per round with each round lasting at least 12 mins you need 3 or more hours playing the same thing over and over again. One solution to this could be earning extra exp for killing streaks. Tried affinity booster it kinda works.. but still need 2 hours to get 19k syndicate rating and to top that you cant easilly find matches for 2 hours straight.

Question: Will you guys be planning to add in perhaps another slot for Warframe Augments? Also: Many of my warframe builds are crowded enough and trying to fit in an augment means sacrificing another important mod and forces me to make a build that revolves around said augment. This is disappointing and I'd love to see an extra mod slot specifically for polarities, you could even make it unpolarizable to prevent players from exploring that extra slot.

Guys, what happened to the gore and horror?  When I first started playing there was a strong sense of "Wait, am I the good guy?" every time I turned someone into wallpaper.  I miss that, is it coming back?

I miss that too, and also how the horror of the infestation was handled. Going into a ship with all of the regular lights out, with only a few red emergency lights, nothing at all around or moving, but the quiet footsteps of infested through cielings and walls; that was my favorite part of the infestation and it's gone now, replaced by the less scary horde mode. 

-snip-

Hey Sheldon: Why is it that Prime parts got removed from the Void, rather than the Forma Blueprints, low Tier keys, uncommon Fusion Cores or Orokin Cells that exist only to dilute the drop pool?

And now I turn back to Steve and Scott:

-snip-

yes sheldon what have you done for Us recently, except for a new sugar free taste to the already diluted void loot table

Firstly, with the amount of Mastery points between where we are now and MR 30 being quite large, do you have any plans to increase the number of ways we can obtain Mastery points other than what is currently available (mission nodes, levelling items through affinity)? 

Secondly, the amount of exp that you gain from Cephalon Capture is too small for players that end up taking or capturing the enemies cephalon more than making kills. As a player who has played matches by fighting the opposition and by avoiding them I find that the discrepancy in exp (and as a consequence syndicate points) between these two play styles to be of issue.

And finally, in regards to the last question, overall the amount of standing earned in PvP is quite low as it is sometimes hard to find a match. Would you consider adding the ability to face off against Tenno Spectres or making it easier to earn standing in PvP overall.

And thank you for making this amazing world for us to enjoy.

I'll go straight to to questioning ^^

GUI

Could it be added a mail system between clan-mates?

Maybe limited to X messages total, with a delivery queue, just between Clan-Mates.

Could it be added a commentary line besides the friends list?

How many of you don't know who the heel is this rank 4 tenno on your list. Maybe a commentary line could help on that ^^

DOJO

Could it be added an Arsenal Console to change gear in DOJO (Battle Room)?

Sometime you want to practice some build on clanmates, or simply show/lock color schemmes or attachmet combinations, And all the Dojo, Liset, and Dojo again, and Liset again.... you get the drill 

Couldn't you make a decoration Master Room where to access any room and change decorations?.

Right now is a bit of a messy, unprecise job. We can't see a mesh to take reference points. We can't move or rotate change size once the object is located (though not yet funded). We can't see why some places hare forbiden for certain objects, also, I don't get why I have resize a gigantic tree but not being able to settle anywhere. All the process if very tiresome. (Also, add more stuff)

XP

Is there a way to introduce earning Experience point for not killing anybody and/or not been seen, nor raising any alarm?

aka ghost achievement missions points)?

How will you manage the Earning Experience Curve for higher rank?
Given the the amount you earn for item ranked is fixed, will we meet the point where to reach MR 30 we'll need to rank as many Warframes, weapons etc as the total we have ranked from MR 1 to 29? 

MISSIONs

When we will see Void Arch-wing missions?

That's an Old question of mine, but given that now there is a Prime Arch wing... Also, Flying inside a huge derelict or Void station will be drooling awesome.

Thanks for all, as always. n_n

Huge Hugs

Kirune

Edited by kirune

Will there be cosmetic Syndicate skins for the Warframes?

I'd very much like there to be some Grineer themed skins sold by Steel Meridian.

Will there be weapon upgrading?

The ability to make any weapon end-game capable would be greatly appreciated.

I'd very much like to see a grineer sword and shield weapon.

Will there ever be one?

Warframe refuses proper progression at every turn. The game lumps players and their expected knowledge too closely together. Core paths of player progression and evolution are neglected. It's readily apparent on the PS4. Enemies don't evolve. Warframes don't evolve. The stakes rarely rise. The game itself very rarely knows when to ask more or less of players. In an effort to make every part of the game engaging for every manner of player, warframe itself assails the reasons for becoming stronger within the game. How does the DEV team plan to achieve core progression within warframe? How does the DEV team plan to improve the gameplay knowledge of PS4 players within the warframe client? How does the DEV team plan to curb players' dependence on the wiki?

(22) Warframe's lack of reward proportionality has been magnified with the release of the 8-player trial. How does DE plan to create a standard for rewards within warframe? How does DE plan to provide proportional rewards retroactively in endless missions? Will trials be given proper incentives?

(18) Will the mastery system ever reflect game advancement, longevity of play, or skill-strength proficiency? This system requires reform before it can be given meaning.

(6) Will enemies ever evolve with level? Rather than base stat increases alone, shouldn't enemies gain new weapon types, gear, abilities, and higher skill-demands?

Will parry and channeling ever become universally viable systems? How does the DEV team plan to complete these systems?

(24) Short and/or light melee weapons would benefit greatly from step-in, what is the DEV team's view on this mechanic?

(17) Does DE have any plans to curb wiki dependence?

(19) What sort of content does DE intend to provide for veterans to support the demands of the legnedary-10 mods? Will there be mastery-locked content with rewards uniquely suited to veterans? 

Assorted Topics for the DEV team to speak on below. Questions may be assumed.

1. Restrict the trade of ranked mods and prime parts using the mastery system

2. Increase switch to melee speed & switch weapon speed

3. Nekros

4. Progression

5. Warframe Evolution

6. Enemy Evolution instead of endless scaling

7. Unfinished Parry System

8. Archwing

9. Awkward combos and too few combos

10. Damage 2.0 Balancing

11. Useless mods

12. Dark Sectors riddled with glitches, unbalance, and lacks incentives

13. Shotguns

14. Ammo Eaters

15. Bi-weekly rotating enemy mod drops

16. Dodge Movement, and Verticality

17. The Wiki Elimination Act

18. Mastery Reform

19. Difficult and Rewarding mission types unlocked through mastery.

20. Larger balancing team

21. Slowly regenerating health

22. Reward Proportionality

23. Serious bosses

24. Step-in for all melee weapons

25. Power augments that only affect team members changed to also affect the player

26. Assorted comprehensive warframe balancing

27. Better ways to get credits

28. Primary and Secondary shared sniper ammo

29. Kubrow & Sentinel Evolution

30. Nullifiers & Bombards

31. Underpowered Arcanes