Coming Soon: Devstream 50!

[DE]Rebecca

This question isn't specifically for anyone but just a general curiosity...

I was thinking about how I love the void, mainly because of the aesthetics, and all the enemy variants that occupy it and it got me wondering this:

Will we ever see Corrupted Prime Frames and fight them? Just we explore the void so much and the only person that seems to be irritated by our intrusion is Void Vor. But with so many of us Tenno raiding void containers 24-7 you'd think the AI in there would pull out the big guns. Since we get parts for Primes from the void I would imagine said AI would of piece together an army of Primes to combat intruders since the Bombers aren't keeping us out. From a technical stand point, we already fight Excalibur with the Stalker.

But yeah, will we ever have to worry about Corrupted Ember Prime's flame or Corrupted Frost Prime's ice?

Warframe creators and people sorry i forgot the name of it but plz fix the email bug were you cant fix a email and have to make a whole new acount to change email becuase the icon on profile were i can change it doesnt realy change my email it just stays the same plz fix this bug though thanks.

my question is simple and yet difficult, when will yoell comfortable coming out of your open beta status? and really get tweaking smaller setails like balanceing some more of the melee weapons like dual kamas kornen silva&agies, magistar and others that need alittle lovin.

Ontop of this what can we expect from the new star map? i few moons perhaps or other more far reaching planets out of our system? like PSR1257 + 12 B and PSR1257 + 12 C?

Finaly i must ask, we know you are looking at inroduceing similar themed frames as diffrent genders, when this will come to loki and ash.. how will you tackle it with out makeing and excesse of stealth frames?

1) When can we expect the release of the TennoLive 2014 teased Claw Stance, "Vermilion Storm". We've gotten Blind Justice, Astral Twilight, and Tempo Royale as releases.

However, what I'm most confused about is the fact that you released Four Riders, something that no one even knew about prior to the release, before releasing Vermilion Storm. I am tremendously confused as to why Four Riders, a completely unexpected stance, stole the lime-lit title of "New stance". Vermilion Storm is literally the only stance previewed at TennoLive 2014 that has yet to be released.

We've gone through 2 Warframe themed events (TennoLive), and 8 months of waiting for the stance's release. Why have we not gotten any notification about it-OTHER THAN the unintentional Codex leak, back in 15.5.2  for PC.

For the non-devs reading:

GHwXbp8.png

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vermilion_Storm

2) Are there any current plans for new large gardens in the Dojo (Large as in the ones that take up immense space, rather than the smaller, simpler ones that can fit in the Grand/Grandest Hall side doors.

I ask because the gardens are my favorite part of the Dojo. I have no favorite of them because it's hard to decide when they're all impressive. 

Edited by LazerSkink

Blarg.

Had a whole list of some 30 questions typed out. Then the browser hiccoughed. -_-

I'll try and reconstruct.

* As of U16.2, what parts of Warframe are you pleased with the state of? Especially displeased with?

* Given the recent removal of the Latron Prime... Why is Volt Prime (released after its removal) holding one?

Design philosophy/direction

* Are all weapons, with a Catalyst (no forma), intended to be 'Starchart viable', or not?

(I say 'no forma' because, 1. for the same cost (20p) it's a much smaller relative power increase, 2. it's a lot more effort. As opposed to your 'slap a potato on, and now your gun is moar bettar!!1', you need to obtain a Forma (not so hard, these days... -_- But that's a different... 'problem'?), then relevel your weapon.)

* Are weapons intended to be tiered, or is that just a reality born of their base stats, armor scaling and Damage 2.0?

* Is there any concrete intention to officially tier gear?

* Is 'All Warframes should be overpowered' (or however DE_Steve phrased it) still the intention?

This is a bad framing for the question, but I don't have any better criteria, sadly:

* What is the intended minimum Conclave rating for a warframe for any frame to be 'Starchart viable' without restores?

Segue - Having the Small and Medium *10 Restores each cost 250k as a perk of being in a clan is fair.

Having the Small and Medium *10 Restores each cost 250k as a perk of being in a clan and not making that information available anywhere is rather less so.

I could have put those extra 1m credits to much better use, at the time. iirc I literally bought them on the same day.

* What is the intended minimum Conclave rating for a warframe for any frame to be 'Starchart viable' without 75% Power Efficiency?

* I understand that Warframe is supposed to be a (usually)fast-paced, dynamic shooter.

I further was given to understand (should I quote the patch notes/dev posts?) that this is the reason for the spate of anti-afk/farm changes made recently.

Are those statements (the whole) truth?

If so, what's the idea behind the 'Emanation'-type buff auras? (Specifically Total Eclipse, Jet Stream and Vex Armor (note: 2/3 are augments).) All of whom have a short range, iirc.

Because those encourage players to huddle up (which generally means 'stand still in a common spot) to get any benefit from them.

Which is something of a mixed message.

On a scale of 0 to 10, where 0 is 'not an issue or working as intended', 1 is 'some time before the sun dies and we have to move the studio' and 10 is 'omg the last update bricked all the players' computers', what priority do the following have:

* Armor scaling; and the subsequent mandatory-ness of 4xCP auras past level ~45ish (ymmv).

* Damage 2.0 and its inflexibility, which - when combined with the above - leads to very definite best mod loadouts, and generic cookie-cutter builds applying to every single weapon of-a-type?

* Mastery Rank-based functionality? (Sensible weapon tiering, for example.)

* Mod 'underclocking'?

Archwing

* Any UI/QoL improvements in the pipes?

I'd kill for some three dimensional indicators, for some... idk, emphasizing of the crosshairs, etc.

* Is it feasible to do something about the Gimbal lock?

idk about anyone else, but I appear to have a 3-input limit, and can't use ctrl as one, for some reason. This means that if I'm trying to dodge in 3 dimensions, I have to rise... meaning that sooner or later, I'm looking straight down at stuff.

Also, the enemy appears to like descending on your from vertically straight-ish up. :/

It occurs to me that I've been taking this for granted, and shouldn't:

* Is there any concrete intention of making a Gauntlet game mode? (please say yes please say yes :3 )

* Can Archwings please get inertia?

Please?

* Torpedo proximity warning?

====

Meh, there was more. :'(

Grats on 50! (though that's an arbitrary landmark derived from the decimal system, but hey! Who needs a "real" reason to party, amirite?) And many more. :)

Edited by Chroia

Will the Sentients bring a new elemental damage type that mixes with other elements and makes a new combination, exclusively for the sentients? Or will the usual elemental combinations, like Corrosive or Radiation, be effective?

Is there a specific date for the Tombs of the Sentients yet?  Also would it be alright to tease the next Frame? I'm hoping for an earth/metal power for the next frame.

The infested are obviously based around and on some of the other kinds of enemies, Runners/Leapers are Corpus Crewman, and Chargers are Greineer troopers.

During an infested invasion of a planet, will we be able to see some of the defending troops become infested and turn on their allies?

Having a chance to have the defending troops would be really cool, and would really add to the feeling of the infested being some kind of corrupting plague. 

IE there were 100 enemies in an exterminate, and one of the crewmen defending because corrupted, and now there are 101 enemies to kill. 

Question time? Interesting....

- Ember's Fireblast DoT ring: pretty simple. Currently,  it hits things like this:

xSG0evx.png

The yellow square is taking damage. The blue square is not. Why is this? Will we ever see this illogical skill mechanic changed?

- Weapon balancing: Are weapons supposed to be tiered? If so, why do "higher tiered" weapons preform in a lot of cases worse than "lower tiered" weapons? Will this be changed?

- If not (referring to last question) then will we see weapons undergo heavy balancing?

- Will John Prodman appear as a raid boss?

- Warframe balance: Some warframes, while having specific roles, severely out perform others in unintended roles (Example: Mesa out tanking a Rhino). Will we ever see this changed?

- Mod balance: We have so many mandatory mods and useless mods. Will we ever see this changed to something similar to this thread? https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/435723-its-time-to-balance-our-mods/

- Will single stat status mods ever see more than 15% status chance increase?

- Will snipers ever see a reduction in rng based mechanics?

- Will shotguns ever have their damage drop-off removed since the reason why they had it in the past is now gone?

Edited by Racercowboy

With the latest Tenno Reinforcement we've started getting an increased number of matching weapon sets in game.

Will there ever be passive set-item bonuses for wielding them (such as, all Corpus, or all Grineer sets) and if so, will there be any for syndicate specific weapons?

Currently in the game there are only two types of mods for primary weapons: "shotgun" and "rifle". Shotgun mods affect 11 weapons, but rifle mods affect a total of 51 weapons(!), many of which work much differently than actual rifles. My question is:

Are there any plans to split the "rifle" mods into multiple mod categories (with their own versions of multishot and elemental damage) to better accommodate the wide variety of weapon types? (i.e. beam, sniper, bow, launcher)

Edited by Bleako

Given the recent changes to Limbo, this seems to be a rather knee-jerk reaction like back in 'That Incident In November' as we shall call it. Currently, this has caused an uprising of trolling in what I can only suspect are more acts of protest than regular 'for the lulz' trolling.

Are there thoughts on perhaps revisiting or reversing this change until the root issue can be properly addressed?

Also, anything you could tell us on adding more combos to the current polearm stances? Currently they each have only one unique combo.

Edited by Terumitsu

Just thought of this but will there ever be a "rent" or "limited time weapon test" option where you can just borrow a weapon from darvo for a mission or two, just to see if you like it or not?

And could there be a "new potato" that adds another mod slot? Balancing would be: if you have a reactor/catalyst on your item, you cannot install a "green potato" (brilliant name I know) and vise versa. Slot may or may not be polarized.

Edited by XTechnomancer

I'd like to know if there is ever gonna be a bug fix for carrier where sometimes it just refuses to give drops and holds them indefinetly without granitng the player said items and doesn't allow for manual item pick ups, this has been around since I started playing about 2 years ago and it either get's fixed and constantly re-bugs or hasn't been fixed at all and the the only current known way to fix it (from what I've gathered) is to die and give up a revive which isn't very fair if you ask me, so DE anyword on this can/will it be fixed please?

Q1   Will there ever be a new Nikana stance? For an example: perhaps using the sheath and sword as a weapon to create whirlwind of slashes.
Q2   Since there are Dex Dakras and the Dakra Prime. Can there be Dex Nikanas or a Nikana Prime?
Q3   I'm not sure if there is or there isn't but is there a confirmed date for U16 on consoles?

At the moment, there's such great disparity between firearms and melee weapons. With firearms, there's a lower risk and greater reward. With melee, it's the exact opposite. For players looking for a weapon to to inflict damage in high level content, melee is no longer a viable option. Raids are a perfect example of this. Going into melee stance offers lower overall DPS and it becomes a liability to both the user and the team.

Will we ever see something to address this long time issue? Such as some innate finisher damage to channeling strikes, a much more lenient combo meter, or even damage reduction based on the combo multiplier as some examples.

Edited by Yinglong

Q1: Did you guys have any idias of implementig in the game a steel meridian heavy machine gun, that will consume sniper ammo pickups and require rank 12 or 15 to use. But dealing a realy high damage that machine guns actually should do. Or you leaving us play with this endlessly replicating variation of gorgon.

Q2: And buffs for Supra that is clan tech research weapon, and has a worst stats for machine guns IN THE GAME.

I'm rank 19 btw.

Edited by KAZANATOR

Hi, started quiet recently but hopefully my questions can be useful

Why UPnP? ( and pros and cons)

Why is Transmute so expensive?

Can you please discuss about the chatting system? As in some servers the recruit tab is not used and people recruit from the region chat.

I'm asking this because people were getting kicked by someone like 'letter 13'.

Can you please discuss about the cephalon Capture and the feedback you are getting? Because a lot of connection errors and poor pings cause the match to glitch where people dont spawn, points keep going up >5, people even spawn traped in unaccessible places in the map.
(would attach pics if i could)

Have more questions but i think these are enought, and I gotta eat :)

Thank you

P.S. Prizes make people happy & Happy people are fun to play along with :)

Edited by _BrAbOyS_