Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream 50!

[DE]Rebecca

1. A few Devstreams ago, you talked about making Warframe passive abilities more apparent to the players as well as giving Warframes which currently lack them passive abilities. How is the progress on that? Can you give a few examples of what kind of passive abilities should we expect? What update is this feature shipping with?

2. Currently, the raid is not as rewarding as players expected. All you get is an Arcane piece that has negligible effects unless you fuse it with a cosmetic item 10 times, which means you have to face cruel RNG and ridiculous credit costs. Are you planning to add more rewards to the raid?

3. Series 3 alternative helmets. Only Loki and Nova have those right now. Are more coming?

Are there plans for flexing resolutions better in respect to the star chart? I like the star chart, but on ultrawide monitors, it tends to mess things up in terms of actually choosing where to go.

What is your ideal spring afternoon activity and/or section of warframe to work on?

Who Stalks the Stalker??? (who watches the watchmen?)

Is there a possibility of modifying the melee weapon system to be a dynamic two-slots-in-one spot where you can mix and match long swords, short swords, daggers, and such with each other? Not asking for dual great-weapons (hammers, axes, etc.).

One of my favorite new additions to the game was cephalon simaris and the hunting program. However it is a pain to run to and from the deepest corner of a relay just to check on your progress. I understand making you arrive in person for some of the sanctuary features, but could we expect to see a sanctuary progress tracker within the Liset? Either with the other factions or on its own console (That little one to the left opposite the news terminal would do nicely).

From DE Draice 'The way that PBR works, we need to specify on the weapon material what parts are metal, what parts are wood, what parts arematte/plastic, etc... Unfortunately, this means we cannot specify the specularity, glossiness, and other PBR variables on a per tint basis. I wish it were otherwise, I really wanted to make up some colour pickers that were specifically metal, or some other substance, but the Devs were unable to work it our that way.'

That is demonstratively false. The material properties of a PBR material in DE's implementation are just as easy to change as the color, since the color, metalness, and roughness are three channels on the same texture.

The fact that he mentions specularity and glossiness in that comment makes very little sense, since they are not PBR variables at all. PBR defines all of that through the use of the Metalness, Albedo, and Roughness maps.

Edited by egregiousRac

1. Will the void items be 'spread' out equally into the ABC Rotation? No more 5-6 items for C and 2-3 Items for A or B / AB.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Void

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172911-prime-gear-drop-locations/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/426276-void-rotation-c-drop-rates-remain-broken-something-still-needs-to-be-done/

The Void is stacked so almost all prime parts are on Rotation C, with only a few on B and a tad bit more on A. Why? Because there is other drop's and loots in A and B to 'balance' it out. But, it does not.. it makes it harder for the people who want to get 'prime' parts, and not the other 'items' we'd rather farm for in other missions. Sheldon mentions bringing us back out into the star chart.. take away anything that's not a prime drop.. so we have to go play 'other' missions and make them more rewarding, so we play different mission types.

2. Will AABC be changed to ABC? Most users are older who work and really can't spend the time waiting 40 mins for another chance at C rotation with 'no guarantee' they won't get the last item they just had.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/305rrd/new_prime_drop_locations/cppd7fh

Users want the ABC Rotation!

3. Will the measures be put in place to not offer a part/items we got in that level/reward already to increase chances for other parts/items to drop?

Ex. Rotation C I get Vasto Prime BP, Next rotation C I get Vasto Prime BP.

Instead it could be

Ex. Rotation C I get Vasto Prime BP, Next rotation C I get Loki P Helmet BP

Thus taking both the Vasto and Loki p out of the pool of items to get the next time rotation C comes around.

4. Will resources be taken out of the void, and the chance of a Void Key lowered?

By giving us more 'void keys' and not the 'parts' it just makes us 'farm the void more' Instead of actually going out and enjoying other missions with friends and clan mates.

Edited by AnkyFrost

QUESTION - When will we see the next big event coming to warframe. The last good event was a mistake with the leveling of the enemy's but most of the community including myself loved the event. I hope DE will make more challenging events like this in the future, is there a chance we will see more of these kind of events anytime soon?

Same questions as ever:

1 - Dual/Ak customization. Will be possible to give us an option to customize dual weapons in independent way? Dex Dakra for example. I want to paint my right hand blade with X colors, while my left hand with Y colors. Same for AK secondaries and the one with skins. Akmagnus with left hand using one skin and right hand using another different skin, or just without skin.

2 - Syndicate helpers: why not customize it at our own will, like specters? we can go talk to someone on New Loka's room for example, and build a loadout of what kind of weapon/behavior we want in each Syndicate guy, and in waht kind of missions we want them to appear. For example: I would like to customize the New Loka ones to use only Strun, and to spawn only one per mission, just on Survival, Exterminate and Capture. That would be a great thing for people that don't like that guys much. 

3 - How about change the Syndicate guys a little to make them look and wait close to medallions? That would be very good to run missions without look every little corner of each tile set. Just make them run like always, and when a medallion is X meters close, they will go and stand closer to it.

4 - Prime weapons 5th color option. We all know that some Prime weapons and other things, like Prime Armor are getting the option to paint the gold alloy, but it really kill one option of colors if you want to keep it golden. How hard is to make one more color slot to Prime stuff, or for all Warframe weapons/frames to make us using our old color options without sacrifice the gold or mismatch it, like the Edo Armor?

Will there be any dojo updates? More (and better) pigment color selection would be nice along with full color customization of dojos. The leftover gray spots that I can't polychrome irks me.

Also will you be doing anything to encourage the use of augment mods? We are getting more and more augments that are useful but we may not have enough slots available for our builds and some augments seem like they should be part of the respective skills already. An augment slot along with an aura slot would be nice, or something to that degree. 

Thanks and keep up the good work!

~lavacomet

When can we expect appropriate shotgun and sniper buffs? When will shotguns finally lose their nonsensical damage fall-off?

When can we expect the demand for alternate fire and zoom to be separate functions/keybinds to be taken seriously?

Do you intend to add primary weapons, melee weapons, or more cosmetic items to Syndicates?

When will Ember's World on Fire finally lose its maximum duration and become a proper toggle ability?

When will Frost finally get some changes to his other 3 abilities to make them as useful as Snow Globe and actually worth casting?

Can we get away from Desecrate and other abilities that affect loot and just double the drop chance of everything? Some of us want Nekros to have four actual abilities instead of one of four being a double roll of RNG for if the ability works and what loot you get.

When can I finally get my hands on a Tenno SMG? The Grakata is currently our only real SMG in the game, some of us really want another.

Why are heavy enemies like Bombard and Napalm high durability AND high damage? Hard to kill enemies should be moderate damage at most, high damage enemies should be moderate durability at most.

When can I expect the void drop tables to be reworked so that Orokin Cells properly drop from the enemies and not as mission rewards, and so I stop getting keys? Can we ever get Forma moved out to the Derelict or the star chart?

Can you remove the invulnerability phase when the Manic takes damage, or at least explain why he does it any time he takes even minor damage?

Can something be done about Ballistas making perfect shots from a full sprint or after turning 180°? Enemy movement should affect their own accuracy, too.

I guess I'll stop there so I don't go overboard with questions.

Edited to add a couple more.

Edited by Centias

Warframe questions:

Since we have a Vay Hek assassinate mission, when will we get a Frohd Bek assassinate?

Will there ever be a Void Hunter, like the G3 and Zanuka?

Any chance for the Twin Queens to be implemented as a boss, either for general play, and will there be any lord expansion regarding them?

Q: since U16 was released the community was torn over what Teshin is, Is he a tenno? and if he is does that confirm that we are actual people in suits?

Q2: how far along are you with the infested Mios? and can we expect the moveset to be somewhat similar to sundowner from Metal Gear Rising? cmon, id really like to decapitate grineer by using them as a giant pair of scissors, not using it as a sword until I trigger a combo....

Edit:

Q3: what is the corpus's obsession with energy balls? I cant take the riot moa seriously if he's gonna be shooting balls at me...

Edited by McDuffMan

Q1. I am in no way trying to insult your animators but is there any way you could look at re-vamping Chroma's 2nd ability to something that looks more like Rhino's roar or Valkyr's ult? I'm looking for some Bada**ery here!

Q2. Are you all happy with Chroma now that he's been released or are you looking to make some adjustments to him?

Q3. Is there any way that you'll make it so we can see who's completed a raid and how many times and if a person has forma's a weapon or frame that they are using?

Q4. Can we have all teh gore animations and stuff back? Most of the people that play this game are well over 18, I think it would be perfectly fine to do so!

Thank you DE!

OH! P.S. PLEASE TAKE THE BLOODY FORMA BP's OUT OF T3 AND HIGHER VOID MISSIONS! PLEEEEEASE WE HAAAATE IT!!!!

When it comes to designing the warframes animations (for abilities!), what are the thought processes that occur? 

Will we happen to get more Archwing types, and if so, will they be more varied than the Odonata (balanced), Elytron (dps), and the Itzal (support)? 

Steve..... When will get the pink shorts skin for the Excalibur!? Or... Or  are you waiting to impliment that as an ability for him? Is that why it is taking so long?

Will we ever get clan-tech only weapons again that can't be bought with plat? and maybe have a proper mastery rank tied to it? This leads to my next question.

Will we ever get real rewards from the mastery system besides loadout slots and a higher daily reputation limit thingy? And will weapons ever get tied to an appropiate rank because a Boltor Prime or Soma prime shouldn't be available to rank 0 and 2 already, being two of the most powerful weapons in the game.

Will melee ever get a buff  damage wise to be up to par with all those wepons like Soma and boltor and what have you?

Maybe any sort of buff for going melee only? Sprint boost? shield boost? yada yada?

Will prime stuff ever get an additional color slot for the gold trim? it get's really problematic with the old prime items, now that they are slowly getting the option to color the gold trim as well, many players will have to rework their color scheme and less customisation is one thing Warframe DOESN'T need, also, how about we get that exact gold trim added to our color palettes?

How do you feel when you hear that something has been datamined again? will you leave everything so easily accessable or will you change things around? or is is it maybe even intended?

Also, Focus system, anything you could tell us about that we don't know yet? When will it finally come?

PvP question:

Any plans to make Cephalon defense viable in Cephalon Capture, where the meta is to zip by at light speed with a coptering Bo Prime to the Cephalon and back to base?  Will pickups ever be concentrated more towards the bases than the midfield to give defenders more utility?

Edited by Sonitorum

Is there any possibility to add something like "Archwing PvP Races". If yes it would be awesome to watch them on big Screens in the Relais.

That brings me to another question:

Do you have any plans to add some interesting rooms to the Relais to actually give a Player more Motivation to hang out there with friends? I would really look forward to something like a Mini-Game Arcade Room where we can play Wyrmius and possible other mini-games through the Relais.

Another Point i would like to ask about is: Are there any plans on improving some aspects of the UI like Chat customization or shortcuts on the Galaxy Map to Access the 3 Relais faster?

Edited by Voidshifter