[DE]Rebecca

Coming Soon: Devstream 50!

Just wanted to know when the login rewards are being reworked?

I am a student and dedicated tenno for the last year and 6 months that lives in a third world country where the exchange rate is 9 to 1 in the dollar's favour. I have only recieved 2 50% plat discounts in this time. I really would love to be able to buy some slots and even cosmetics.....

• Upvote 1

At which point in development was it decided to go from actual space ninjas, relying on stealth and precision, to space-Naruto?

In other words: When did it all go wrong?

• Upvote 2

Has any thought been given to the idea of crediting players for combo kills, using powers together to compliment eachother. For example, pull into ring of fire or switch teleport a molt into enemies to explode. This would encourage intresting play and co-op fun!

Is the Warframe universe secretly the future of the Transformers universe?

Is Ordis an Autobot or Decepticon?

Are we nanobot manifestations of Autobots or Decepticons?

You see i noticed the other day that when you go to the back of your liset there exists a robot head. It was just sitting there watching me. The easiest way i can describe a way to see it is to face the arsenal look to your right directly under the sentinel. 

This got me to thinking Ordis is a Transformer. that's his head he's a robot in disguise. Then it got me to thinking about the "Old War" and the new AI threat and which side they were on and Simaris and Lotus. Has life on earth changed so much because of the Spark?

I would kinda like an official answer of yes that wouldn't result in a copyright infringement suit but i'm not sure how that's possible.

Is there any chance of another cephalon that would oversee the Liset? I like Ordis, but I think Cephalon Vol would be amazing too.

Edited by DirtyBearz

My question:

- Now that an Old Warframe like Excalibur are receiving some extra love from the dev team with some incoming revamps (that at this time haven't been announced yet), can we expect other older warframes to receive some attention as well in order to be more balanced/fit to the new meta and direction that Warframe has taken, with implementations such as raids etc?

To be a bit more specific, things such as increasing their base armor/base shields/base HP to reflect more recent Warframes? e.g. Valkyr with her 600 armor and Chroma with his innate 350 Armor,  as they not quite a caster Warframe and are often in the front lines of combat, yet older frames like Excalibur, Ash etc, only have 65 Armor, even though realistically (and characteristically) they are front-line frames as well.

Edited by Amuga

Question for [DE]Steve.

With the lancer imprint I remembered a question that I've been asking myself for quite some time.

Where does the word Grineer come from ?

Is it a portmanteau of Genetically and Reengineer (as mention on the wiki but not confirmed) or anything else ? Like the fact that this Grineer Miner like his job and it make him smile or maybe grin ?

--What are the Devs' opinions on the currect implementation of Enemy AI, and are any changes/improvements being considered?

In my opinion, the AI needs to function more with stealth in mind (ie. be more consistent. I've had enemies never see me when I am almost in front of them, and some see me when I directly behind them).

Also, the AI simply does dumb things some times (waiting behind a corner, but looking in the wrong direction, so they are staring at a wall), and they often do not utilize cover properly, or use it when it won't help them.

--Could we get an alternate Star Chart UI that looks more like the old one? The old one was far superior in terms of immersion, and in some ways less confusing.

EDIT: @Geoff: Will we ever get Inverse IK for characters? On a similar note, our Warframes should align with angled surfaces while sliding.

Edited by ArmyUnit
  • Upvote 2

Can you guys remove everything that isn't Prime Gear or R5 Fusion Cores from the void? Constantly getting Forma BP and more Void Key REALLY irritates me. When I go to the void I expect to find Prime loot, not stuff you can find in normal missions.

i dont like that my prime accessories i paid for are colorable, which leads to my question.Would there be an option for those to be not be colorable with a switch of some kind ?

Hey Devs! Congrats on making it to your fiftieth devstream. My questions are:

1. Are there plans for further customizations of the inside of the liset other than energy color and noggles, such as changing other colors or adding furniture? Because as Ordis says: "no, we don't seem to have any seats". I personally would love to have a skana hanging over my windshield or a couch to lounge on.

2. Excalibur is in my opinion the coolest warframe, but I do not like some of his powers where they are. For example, Superjump even with strength mods is easily outdone in terms of usefulness by a MK-1 Bo's directional melee attack. The four seconds of invisibility isn't really very helpful either. Slash Dash currently only does straight damage, which doesn't help alot when in higher level missions where one bullet from your gun does more damage then a single slash dash. I like how when Oberon was having issues you added more effects such as radiation to his powers, but I still feel like an enemy that was impaled on an ethereal javelin should do more than just stop for a second, think about it's life, and then keep shooting.

Edited by AnimalDamage
  • Upvote 1

Will we ever be able to use weapon skins on prime weapons, possibly with skins being tied to weapon type insteaf ot specific weapon? This recently happened with the proto-glaive skin, and would be cool to see more of in the future.

I personally would love to use the player made skins on the scindo prime.

Will Frost be getting some buffs soon to help with his end game appeal being more than just Snow Globe? What other older frames are going to be looked at?

What will happen to Frost Prime and his corresponding counterparts now that they are in the "Prime Vault"?

What is the functionality of the Prime Vault?

• Upvote 1

Will there ever be an option to tell npc's (Syndicate helpers, rescue-targets, Kubrows) to stop attacking, go stealth or stay put? I seem to recall that a hotfix or update was SUPPOSED to make the syndicate helpers crouch when you did; that doesn't happen. All NPC's also have path issues as in; rescue targets simply refuse to follow me through a way that is safe and in stead just runs around out in the open to follow me. The same for syndicate helpers and Kubrows.

Will the 'shooting-while-ragdolled' thing ever get fixed? getting shot at by air is very frustrating.

Will we ever be getting new collars or potentially armor for our Kubrows?

But Most importantly: WHY is Steel Meridian, a group that is supposed to want to protect the innocent, allied with the Red Veil, a group that wants to purge everything (EVERYTHING) in a cleansing fire? Am I the only one who finds that contradictory?

... Can we please get our bunny ears back? ...please?

• Upvote 2

Any new kubrows?As if new breeds?I know the drahk are like grineer Exclusives . But we need them^^.
At least can we modify our kubrows?+New sentinels,I cant wait for the new grineer one.Please >_> 

When are we getting Mios? Is it coming at the same time as the J3-Golem? Will there be an infested assassin? Is Juggernaught dropping anytime soon? Are we getting a replacement for the Ancient's "Grapple Hook" he stole from the grineer? Is Chroma getting any buffs to make him more of a team player? When is Chroma's next alternate helmet coming out? When do we get more lore? Are we getting to see Lotus in a mission ever? I'd love to shoot up some grineer with the lotus. Why is Vay Hek so salty? When will we get the revamp on Tyl Regor? When is Derf Anyo dropping? Answer any one of those questions and I will be happy.

• Upvote 1

1. With the addition of the Chroma I find myself wanting to see either the flat amount of armor I have or the % damage reduction on the HUD since it is becoming such a variable stat. Are there any plans to add an option for such a thing?

2. Will the next void trader bring something awesome and useful like the Prisma Brakk, Primed Streamline, Primed Charged Chamber, or even the Prisma Niroda Extractor, or will we get yet another obscure cosmetic after over 2 months of waiting?

3. When will we see Spy 2.0 missions for Archwing? Flying through rotating laser grids would be fun.

Question-Why doesn't the PVP mode have dedicated servers? Without dedicated servers PVP will continually have multitudes of host migrations which disrupt gameplay as well as disconnects which send you back to your ship?

With-only-32color.gif

This was from when Warframe was rated T. What happened? Why can't we have this back? 

Also, any plans to buff the Silva & Aegis? The weapon is pathetically weak which is sad considering it is the first place winner in the melee contest.

This^. 

(Now my question) Do you have anything Nef and Derf Anyo that you can show? It's been a while since we've heard of them.

Second question: With Warframe expanding we know that China is receiving warframe. Could you shed some light on what the differences are between western warframe and Chinese warframe?

Edited by Lord-Taco-the-Great

1. With the tease on Parkour 2.0 in that Tombs of the Sentients trailer, will stamina be adjusted or buffed to better fit the whole "mutant space ninja" theme? Or will we all be gasping for breath just like that anemic Exca at the end of the trailer if we dont appropriate stamina mods?

2. The CC capabilities of Excalibur's two main viable skills, Radial Javelin and Radial Blind have been tweaked up and down these past few updates, what is going on with the posterboy? Are you trying to make him viable for endgame without making him so OP that people who chose him as a starter would actually want to choose a different frame?

3. There are lotus and syndicate-oriented NPCs in relays and missions, is there a possibility that there could be NPCs in Dojos after it has reached a certain size or so? Would definitely give some weight when bosses threaten to kill your clanmates despite being the only Tenno in your clan.

4. With Mesa's whole gun-slinger theme being reinforced by her passive skills, is there a possibility that Excalibur could get the same treatment with bladed weapons? He gets passed off as a sword-themed warframe, but the only thing that reinforces this beyond other Warframes is his mod augmentations. 

5. Brah, srsly brah, I'll take any concrete information tying Dark Sector to Warframe I can get. Since some warframes seem to have Hayden's abilities, are the Tenno confirmed descendants of Hayden, with certain abilities inherited as recessive genes, brought out by their exposure to the void?

6. I noticed that around the time of U14 or so the Tenno color palette was significantly brightened, none of the colors are as intense as they once were, what's the deal with that? Are other palettes going to be almost literally watered down? Should I regret buying that sweet sweet Orokin color palette so soon? 

7. There are rumors going around Reddit and the Wiki that the Chinese release of Warframe will have an exclusive Warframe based on Chinese mythology as well as an exclusive weapon, is this true?

8. Why is the inconsistency with Primed Warframes and their stat differences with their base frames so apparent? Some differences are purely cosmetic where others, such as Volt Prime, have massive advantages over their base frames.

• Upvote 2

Augment slots please
you said you talked about that a few devstreams ago

so whats the status

make atleast 1 augment slot?

pay to unlock more?

• Upvote 1

1. (When) do you plan to rebalance/rework proc effects and the status balance vs health/armor types?

Right now we have procs which go with a bang, and other that go with a whimper

2. Excalibur is in an increasingly bad place and the community has been roasting the devs to no end in the forums. 

Some players have suggested to get rid of super jump and bake extra functionality in Slash Dash, and give Excalibur another power, and/or give more synergy between powers to make his ultimate more effective. 

Are you done with Excalibur or is it going into surgery again? Before or After Movement 2.0?

3. Will you revisit the powers considered underpowered, and the respective augments considered bandaids? You have stated yourselves that the augments should NOT be fixes for broken powers, but that's exactly what we have in a bunch of instances. 

• Upvote 3

Noveltyhero, a great veteran of Warframe and one of its starker defenders, quit the game for good recently, citing the fact that problems in-game continue to pile up, and are rarely fixed despite constant feedback on how to fix it from himself and others. Funny thing is, I think he's right.

So, what do you think? Could you view feedback a little more, maybe focus more on balancing issues and core gameplay? Do you have any plans to expand on the ideas brought up in this game and left to rot, such as Dark Sectors and Kubrows? Do you have an intended direction for the game, a vision of how things should be?

• Upvote 4

Why do explosions still go through walls, thus making them go through Volt Shield and Snowglobe as well?

It's been 2 years and this still isn't fixed, and no one talks about it.

• Upvote 2