Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 16.3: The New Protocols

DE_Adam

Thanks for the new data vaults, that's my favorite destination when I want to play solo.

Concerning the Limbo change, uhm well, if you make us incapable of interacting with hacking panels, I would find it only fair to also make us immune to toxin procs and Bombards' Ogris knockdown AoE while in the rift.

Why do they even affect us if being in another plane makes us unable to interact with something as benign as a control panel ?

They're are so many other frames that can hack with their defense powers enabled, how is it abusable? It makes NO sense.

Edited by lukaself

So many holes in gameplay that you keep finding with Limbo.  This was a frame that most people find deficient and even annoying to have around and what good it could do keeps getting obliterated while core issues with it are unaddressed.  Why can't Limbo hack in the rift?  Loki can hack invis.  Better nerf that.

Exactly. If Rhino can hack while using Iron Skin, Loki can hack while invisible, Frost can hack while using Snow Globe, etc, then why nerf Limbo specifically? I don't understand why Limbo has that taken away, but other frames get to keep having defenses for when hacking. 

Exactly. If Rhino can hack while using Iron Skin, Loki can hack while invisible, Frost can hack while using Snow Globe, etc, then why nerf Limbo specifically? I don't understand why Limbo has that taken away, but other frames get to keep having defenses for when hacking. 

because he is in his own magic dimension, so i think it would be correct then that he should even drop his weapons while he is riftwalking, and that he should have to go back to fetch them up individually where they felt, after, when he comes down from his trip

NOTE: this is not sarcasm, i just dislike it DAT much

Edited by perfectStranger

You didnt mention Valkyr, you can still hack with her while being completely invulnerable...

Why limbo? why excal?...

Thank for fixes!

Fixed players who purchased the Proto-Excalibur skin not receiving the Proto-Excalibur helmet.

- I didn't even know this, will have to look at it.

And how about fixing Mirage agile animation set misplacing shoulder cosmetics on any other frame apart Mirage?

I haven't had the chance to test extensively with my Limbo yet, but I have heard from some people who have. I have heard claims that Limbo's ability to hack consoles is still working outside of spy vaults. Was this change only to prevent invincible hacking while doing spy vaults/raids? Can we get some confirmation as to whether this was intended or not (whether it was intended to still allow some hacking in the Rift)? 

Thanks for the clarification on this. 

since previous update i have been getting disconnections from the group constantly and host migrating away, sometimes i would be in the lobby in a group from recruit area or tab or with friends i already know and it keeps saying failed to join sometime 5 times in a row and before it succeeded and usually none at all there are also times where it does succeed but at the end of the final countdown i suddenly find myself in the group alone as seen in these image http://imgur.com/qPNUnNO,AMeFCPe,GbRbG4Y         http://imgur.com/qPNUnNO,AMeFCPe,GbRbG4Y#1     http://imgur.com/qPNUnNO,AMeFCPe,GbRbG4Y#2

because he is in his own magic dimension, so i think it would be correct then that he should even drop his weapons while he is riftwalking, and that he should have to go back to fetch them up individually where they felt, after, when he comes down from his trip

NOTE: this is not sarcasm, i just dislike it DAT much

He can banish all sorts of things, and we can walk in and out of cataclysm, specific things about his abilities are being isolated for gameplay sake at the moment. I don't see why he wouldn't be able unbanish his own hand or create a "negative" shape around an element while banished, he definitely has line of sight and awareness on the object.

Perhaps an extra tax/cost of duration or energy when interacting with elements that aren't "rifted" is in order due to the extra focus it would take to perform said feats but simply disabling functions is a bit heavy handed.

Or perhaps datapads, energy cells and capture targets are shielded with anti-riftware or Sentient Warding symbols, who knows, hopefully time will tell or changes swing back a bit the other way.

since previous update i have been getting disconnections from the group constantly and host migrating away, sometimes i would be in the lobby in a group from recruit area or tab or with friends i already know and it keeps saying failed to join sometime 5 times in a row and before it succeeded and usually none at all there are also times where it does succeed but at the end of the final countdown i suddenly find myself in the group alone as seen in these image http://imgur.com/qPNUnNO,AMeFCPe,GbRbG4Y         http://imgur.com/qPNUnNO,AMeFCPe,GbRbG4Y#1     http://imgur.com/qPNUnNO,AMeFCPe,GbRbG4Y#2

Please open a ticket with your EE.log (from session where you had connection issues).

My experience with the new spy update was amazing! First run and I glitched straight through a wall and fell to my death. Respawning spawned me right back into the 10000 foot fall out of the map and to my death once again. Great update. /sarcasm