Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Updated 9.12.15] Mouse Sensitivity Inconsistent After 16.3

Sherbniz

Issue persists. :<

Merging topics. Thanks for reporting, we've got our sights on it :) 

Edit: We're trying to narrow down what might be happening. Any information would be greatly appreciated: 

- Does the issue occur only whilst in Full Screen?

- Is it noticeable in the Liset and/or during a mission? Or does it only affect one or the other? 

- Is there a noticeable change in the "Controls" > "Aim Sensitivity" option after alt-tabbing? 

Thank you! 

Yeah I usually play Full Screen due to less resource use. So I have to Alt-Tab to get back in.

But in Windowed Borderless the issue is gone completely... so it seems. Tested in the liset, I haven't had time to test it in a mission yet.

- Is it noticeable in the Liset and/or during a mission? Or does it only affect one or the other? 

Also happened in missions with full screen, can't test atm if Borderless fixed it for missions too...

- Is there a noticeable change in the "Controls" > "Aim Sensitivity" option after alt-tabbing? 

No change was noticed, at least visually it was the same setting (a number next to that bar where you can read and just type in the sensitivity value would be needed btw... please!)

Thanks for taking note of this problem! Hope this bug gets squashed soon! :D

I posted the questions on the opening post so more people can see them!

Edited by Sherbniz

Edit: We're trying to narrow down what might be happening. Any information would be greatly appreciated: 

Thank you! 

I usually play in Full Screen, yes. Though one of the "solutions" i found by googling the problem was to set it to borderless which didn't work for me either.

It is noticeable in the Liset and during a mission. When in the Liset in any of the menus (arsenal, foundry, mods ...) it's difficult to click on something because of the extreme slow cursor movement. In a mission it makes it almost impossible to aim up or down. Any enemy will have repositioned already or died out of pure boredom^^ It occurs while alt-tabbing out from the Liset or from a mission ... even when starting a mission from the Liset after alt-tabbing it would transfer the problem into the mission.

No noticeable change there. Sliders seems to be at the same position.

Something i noticed while still dealing with this issue is (yes, i'm that Warframe addicted ... still playing and alt-tabbing^^) that it does NOT always occur when alt-tabbing. Preferably while just being in the Liset with no menus open it works sometimes alt-tabbing out and not having this bug when going back into the game. Though it can simply happen just a bit later in a session. Sometimes i can alt-tab 2-3 times without it happening but eventually it will.

Let me know if there's anything else i can help with.

Thank you! 

-The issue is most dramatic whilst in Full Screen. It's hard to say if it occurs in windowed or borderless modes, but I can't play in those modes because they disable vSync, which makes the game nauseating to play due to constant screen tearing. If it does occur in those modes, it's less pronounced.

-It is noticeable in both the Liset AND during a mission. It's even more noticeable in menus, as the slowdown of cursor movement is more dramatic than the slowdown of aiming. The aiming slowdown is still significant to the point of making the game unplayable, though.

-There is absolutely no change in the Aim Sensitivity option whatsoever.

happen to me since 16.3 , when alt+tab it's have a chance to happen after it's happen it have a chance to fixed it with alt+tab but it's not 100% sure in my exp it's just a luck , when it's happen set screen to Bonderless didn't resolve the bug ,

This bothers me a lot.

Because the dual monitors support is still somewhat buggy (secondary monitor has about 50% chance not displaying after Warframe launched).

I have to keep alt-tab-ing out and retry to make it work.

However, recent update introduced this bug made this much worse:

If your screen changes (alt-tab, window update, anti-virus software alerts etc...),

sometimes when you go back to Warframe, your mouse acceleration will be extremely weird.

Extremely fast is impossible to play, I have to quit and run Warframe again.

This is very annoying.

As for Devs' question:

I only play in Full Screen, so that's my situation.

Both.

Settings are not changed at all.

I restarted my computed and even unplugged the mouse and plugged it again. When I entered the game mouse sensivity was back to normal, but then it randomly changed again :S

edit: Just to clarify, I did not alt-tabbed the game, altough alt-tabbing also changes my mouse sensivity...

Edited by Azurelle

I've noticed a couple more things in case this helps...

- Mouse acceleration is definitely effected too (not just sensitivity).  If you drag your mouse slowly the pointer won't even move.  Snapping the mouse around you can get close to normal responsiveness

- Alt-Tab in/out of the game can also result in a bugged mouse returning back to normal.  But, it appears the probability is much less likely.  ie. a normal mouse will be 'bugged' about 50% of the time while a bugged mouse will be restored to normal  < 5%

I use a Logitech Mx518 mouse, plug and play as far as I know.

I haven't yet tried changing Full screen settings yet, but it doesn't seem to matter whether I'm in the Liset or a mission.  That said, alt-tabbing from the upgrade screen in the arsenal has yet to cause a change in mouse movement for me.  I haven't noticed a change in the sensitivity settings.

For some reason, I'm getting an opposite effect to some of the other posters - my sensitivity is going up to the point I barely have to move my mouse to spin around.  Makes it hard to aim and can be a bit nauseating to look at.

Edit: I just had an alt-tab from the Arsenal> Upgrade screen boost my mouse movement, so that statement can be ignored

Edited by Honorbridge

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, I'm relieved to find out i am not crazy. My friends don't seem to notice. I play on VERY low sens (from Counterstrike for 10 years), so a sensitivity change is earth shattering and very noticeable . Mine actually speeds up, I read many of you find that it slows on your setup considerably.

Borderless full screen patiently waiting a fix for me. Thanks for the listen devs, keep up the great work!

Edit: I use Chroma Razer Deathadder with Razer Synapse updated drivers.

Yes. Borderless full screen takes care of the problem. Not sure how my graphics performance will suffer, however, until some testing.

All the time in fullscreen after the alt tab.

No.

Sidenote: Restarting seems to be the only way to clear it after it happens. I would guess switching resolution back and forth would too but both are annoying.

Edited by The_C0unT

I play in borderless full screen, and the issue poppsed up for me just yesterday.

I noticed the issue while in my ship. Must have happened after an alt-tab out. I didn't try going into a mission to see if it persisted. I restarted the game and it resolved the issue.

Aim sensitivity did not change nor effect the issue in anyway.

This happens to me as well, very randomly when alt-tabbing. So it might not happen when alt-tabbing five times in a row, or then it might happen on the first alt-tab. I can confirm it can also happen when switching between borderless fullscreen and true fullscreen.

To me the sensitivity issue seems like a controller scheme is suddenly switched on, so the mouse behaves as if controlled by a controller stick. It has a deadzone (mouse cursor doesn't move at all with small mouse movements) and a crazy acceleration curve. My guess is there is some controller code applied to mouse controls. I do have an XBox 360 controller installed and plugged-in, but I don't use it for Warframe. Unplugging the controller doesn't fix the sensitivity issue after it has happened. I actually have to try and remember to test if the issue occurs if I unplug/uninstall the controller before starting the game...

If I recall correctly, after the fullscreen switch the issue persists regardless of screen mode.

It affects both, but the deadzone and acceleration really easy to see in the Liset when moving the mouse cursor.

There is no change in the sensitivity settings.

Thank you! 

Ok, after an hour testing this bug here are my info.

1) Yes, it occurs only in Full Screen mode

2) It's really noticeable both Liset and during missions, loading or changing between them does not fix it.

3) There is no change in the sensitivity settings. And changing settings does not fix it.

Fast multiple alt-tab fix this problem for me.

This doesn't fix the problem but it looks like this:

Assuming that after the first (sometimes the second) alt-tab the sensitivity value is halved, all the other alt-tabs after that one will increase that value back up for a little percentage.

Exp: 2 (Assuming is the normal value) > 1 > 1.05 > 1.10 > 1,15 > 1,20 > 1,25 .... and so on

This problem started yesterday, and after 2 years playing with the same mouse (Razer Tipan 8200dpi) and lowest sensitivity it is very frustrating!

• 2 weeks later...

We're still looking into it, but it doesn't seem to be a generic issue, as we haven't yet come across a configuration that causes the issue on our end. Some further information that might help us track it down:

1. Which mouse model do you use when experiencing the issue? If it's a gaming mouse, do you use the driver software for it (Razer Synapse, Logitech Gaming Software, etc.)? Some reports say that the sensitivity increases, while others are reporting a decrease, so it might be something to do with mice that have adjustable DPI settings and have software that can link a certain profile to Warframe (and alt-tabbing might reset it to the desktop profile and fail to set it back).

2. If you play in regular full-screen mode, do you play at the maximum resolution for your monitor?

As a follow-up, if you do have a gaming mouse and have its software running, you can check if the DPI setting changes when the issue occurs (or just close the software while playing and see if it helps).

Hi Jengerer. Thanks for your quick answer!

Regarding you question:

1. Yes i'm using a logitech G502 mouse drive by the Logitech gaming software and, actually ,it has an adjustable dpi setting. I noticed a strong sensitivity decrease in my case. Will try to check what happen to the DPI profiles during alt-tabbing.

2.yes i'm playing full-screen, at the maximum resolution for my monitor.

Thanks for these suggestions!

So I've just tried different configurations of the mouse driver software and there is no clear evidence of change in the DPI settings when alt-tabbing from Warframe (if it happens, it is not displayed in the software interface). 

In particular, I've forced a unique DPI profil saved in the mouse and desactivated the logitech software but the problem still occurs.

The cursor seems to move at the correct speed on the desktop, navigator..etc. but slow down in Warframe and only Warframe.