Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Updated 9.12.15] Mouse Sensitivity Inconsistent After 16.3

Sherbniz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am feeling ya, i seriously cannot play this game anymore until its fixed, cannot take the frustration of my cursor slideing across the screen after a little alt+tab , nor will i play in anything but fullscreen, i hate borderless because it causes other kinds of ploblems that are present in other games like seeing your cursor on the screen while aiming or keys not working and so on.

This problems affects everything in the game ranging from controling menus to aiming , hipfiering and archwing control, pretty much anything that involves point and click. Even melee feels a little off if you like to manualy trun around in order to hit your target and you have the melee follows targed option turned off.

My bet on the problem is the archwing update , since that added new mechanics to the game it might have been the cause which brought this "little" annoyance, few updates later from its release, so its worth checking that out!

It also seems that not everyone is experiencing this problem after alt+tabing  (people that i know) and before you ask no, its not a mouse driver problem and if you think about it , since we have no problems in other games then it means that this is definitely not it. What could  also influence this might be the difference in montors/resolutions, i have seen over the course of the years many problems regarding old LCD monitors such as mine which have a refresh rate of 60Hz, that combined with a strong pc that can run the game with over 120 fps (disregarding the graphics settings that its running on) will force people to activate Vsync since they will most likely experience screen tearing. I have adaptive Vsync activated from my Nvidia Control panel forced onto the game since i feel like its own Vsync causes input delay for my mouse and keyboard.

And one last time : Playing in windowed or borderless fullscreen is not an optimal fix, heck its not even a fix, its a workaround that does not feel right.

• 4 weeks later...

Logitech G500S, this is STILL an issue.

And yes, this will also NOT happen for me in Borderless mode. 

I might have a little something to further this, though. This issue did not happen for me until I changed the mouse speed in the Microsoft Windows' Mouse settings. (You have to lower the mouse speed in order to be able to use your mouse at high DPI settings)

I feel like that once you initially load into Warframe, it will force/assume the standard 50% setting that Windows always runs with as system standard. 

If I set it back to the usual Windows speeds, this problem will NOT occur. I have tested this on multiple machines running Windows 10 and Windows 8.1. 

I am not sure if this is a specific Logitech or a specific Warframe issue, but I do remember that League of Legends suffers the same problem for many players because when you load up the game, the ingame mouse settings will straight up OVERWRITE/IGNORE the windows settings. Luckily for League, though, changing the ingame mouse settings is somehow hooked up to the Windows mouse settings, and setting it to the same percentage will fix it for people with that problem there...sadly, this is not the case for Warframe users, it seems.

And no, I am totally not willing to run my mouse in some wonky 1000 dpi mode...the workaround really seems to be to alt-tab until it works...but that is all one can do for now.

Edited by Shehriazad

I play with a Logitech G9X. When alt-tabbing out the the game it will always result in an immense decrease in movement speed. I only play fullscreen at the maximum resolution of my monitor. I use the Logitech gaming software.

It does appear to be a DPI scaling issue. I can change the DPI scaling on my mouse via the dedicated buttons. Increasing this does increase it in warframe, but the acceleration issue is not resolved (aiming will move very slowly on center and then jump very quickly). This does not happen in any other game I currently play (Far Cry 4, Bioshock Infinite, Don't Starve, and Killing Floor 2). Only Warframe has this issue. Please resolve this soon DE!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi this problem just started for me today or yesterday, iv been playing the game a couple weeks now.

I use just a somewhat generic Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo.

I do have an extra screen so usually when I play I dont alt tab out, as mostly everything I need to do is just check stuff on websites or chat via steam. So while I'm in-game I usually just shift-tab to get to the steam screen so I have the windows cursor, then I can move that cursor over to my other screen and do what I need to/look up whatever. So I don't usually actually alt-tab, however I know that I have alt-tabbed before this on other days and not had any problems, so this is recent.

Some things I'v noticed, one problem I'm having right now that isnt directly related is my virus scanner and another program will give me popups, for like when they start scanning or other processes. When they popup it pulls me out of the game and I have to click whatever and then go back into the game ASAP before I get killed. Its super @(*()$ annoying when it happens, I'm mentioning this because for some reason when this happens it doesn't cause my mouse sensitivity to drop like alt-tabbing does, it seems to be unaffected by this type of switching to desktop.

Another thing, for some reason when I alt tab and it causes the problem with my mouse, my second screen will go completely black, like it doesn't show anything. When I shift tab to my steam screen, I can move the cursor over there but I dont see my cursor at all, but when I move it over there and click the sound will go off like it would normally when the focus goes to that screen, and I can hear stuff from over there... so basically in the computer its still 'there' but my screen just isnt showing it. It kinda seems like the video source dies but the program or whatever thats creating that extra desktop is still functioning. Someone else mentioned in another post that turning off direct x seems to fix it, I havnt tried this but it definately makes it sound like this has something to do with graphics/video card side of things.

Also im pretty sure I do run it one max screen size, im not 100% sure though... I never checked until recently when it was put into windowed mode somehow not manually, and when I put it back I put it to max screen size, there might be a relation there not sure. 

I dont like playing in windowed mode, for me as annoying as this problem is, I can manage for now untill its fixed, It makes the game unplayable when it happens so I have to restart the client, but I can manage not alttabbing with my other screen, I feel bad for those without another screen however as there is so much stuff to lookup with this game. I hope some of what I wrote helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same problem as other described.

- after alt-tabbing in fullscreen mode (a few times), mouse cursor become slow

- not seeing similar problems in any other games

- only exit game fixes it

using: dual monitors nvidia drivers, logitech g500 mouse (drivers updated)

Well anyways, just reporting it.

This happened to me too long time ago. I use borderless windowed mode and when I would get out of the game and come back the sensitivity was different. Pressing shift+tab to access Steam overlay would sometimes fix this with roughly 50/50 success rate. Then one day it just stopped and everything worked fine. I can't remember exactly what I did then as it's been a while but I'm pretty sure it was a Logitech issue

I think what happened was that I used to have Logitech Setpoint as my driver software and after switching to Logitech Gaming Software it stopped. One way to test if this is driver related is to remove it completely and only use the default drivers that your OS has.

I currently have Logitech G502 and I'm pretty sure I haven't had any issues with this mouse. With my previous Logitech mouse I had issues with the sensitivity and sometimes it would detect rapid up movement, making me look at the ceiling when I was trying to look to my side. In Warframe, that is. My sister had the same thing happen in a different game with a Logitech mouse. She switched to a cheap, non-Logitech mouse few months ago and it stopped happening.