Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think The Sniper Accuracy Debuff Works? Presenting Beatrix Ballista

Cool3303

In a recent up... well it is quite a while ago...
*ähm*

Once upon a time the Newly buffed enemy accuracy was "fixed" by applying new accuracy models.
You can read about it here. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/395422-npc-accuracy/

Important features were:
Enemies have different effective Ranges depending on their weapons.
Additionally, they have a accuracy debuff when being alerted.

So in this video you see me getting killed in 2 shots by the newest grineer elite troop -Beatrix Ballista.
Then she got killed because the best always die young
She landed the first shot by stabilizing her sniper with a rail and then she shot me noscope with her gun pointed at the floor while she was running towards me.

She touched the rail at 23 seconds, she hit me at 26.The video is running on 0.125 speed.

Makes 0,375 seconds quickscoping time

https://youtu.be/lXzMzJ37QCw

Do you have similar strange appearances of "Sniper gurls?"
Do you think the "fix" works? Or are Ballistas the true enemy of the Tenno?

Edited by Cool3303

That feeling when you open a random door and get immediately hit in the face by the Ballista... and then slash procced for a good measure.

Space ninja game everybody... where you approach every door a like a goddamn SWAT team.

Edited by LocoWithGun

That feeling when you open a random door and get immediately hit in the face by the Ballista... and then slash procced for a good measure.

Space ninja game everybody... where you approach every door a like a goddamn SWAT team.

Well... It is funny... because how did they even see us? DOF makes the ballista almost invisible in the vid.... how does she see us with her poor clone-degraded eyes....

Also I didn't get slash'ed that were 2 shots

THIS, the moment that you feel facing grineer ladies, felt like your In gaging a SWAT team.

They always hit you at long range, of course, they're snipers. But the new aim does work, because while old enemy accuracy left them no-scoping you at the tip of their rifle, nowadays I have basically never been hit by any sort of sniper-wielding enemy at closer than 15 feet. You can even stand still in front of them and count how many times they actually hit you. Try with sniper crewmen and nullifiers to see the bullets more easily.

Edited by Kygro

They always hit you at long range, of course, they're snipers.

The problem with this is we should be able to AVOID it by being mobile. Only way to avoid the ballistas that you will never see fast enough is to hide in a corner, because they can quickscope you in midair at high speed.

It's not helped by the fact that they blend in with grineer in a mass of angry shouting bipeds and show no indication that they're aiming at you or that you're about to be shot in the face.

The problem with this is we should be able to AVOID it by being mobile. Only way to avoid the ballistas that you will never see fast enough is to hide in a corner, because they can quickscope you in midair at high speed.

It's not helped by the fact that they blend in with grineer in a mass of angry shouting bipeds and show no indication that they're aiming at you or that you're about to be shot in the face.

Well

She touched the rail at 23 seconds, she hit me at 26.The video is running on 0.125 speed.

Makes 0,375 seconds quickscoping time

That is a good point...

In most PvE games snipers use some kind of laser pointer or other visual effect which makes you aware to their presence. There's probably a good reason for that.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Go into the simulacrum and spawn 20 ballistas at the highest possible level. Enjoy living for .7 seconds.

Try it with the Grineer Seekers. You don't last much longer. It seems their pistols are super accurate as well. At least the Ballista can't hit you even if you stand still in her face.

It's been said plenty of times, but here it is again.

The speed the player is moving will alter the speed of acquisition for enemies shooting at you as well as lower their overall ability to land a shot.

What you have is a powerful enemy holding a highly damaging weapon squeezing off two shots at a player who is practically stationary, meaning she was firing in a situation in which she had the highest odds of connecting her shot. As far as the game is concerned, you probably couldn't have been any easier to hit if you had painted a bullseye on your rear and bent over in the doorway.

Warframe is a fairly fast paced game. In the time you were taking aim you could have sprinted half the distance towards your target and slide on the ground to both lower your profile AND keep your momentum up while squeezing off a shot to one-hit kill that Ballista. Whole lot of extra movement? Yeah. But she'd probably have missed her first shot.

There is nothing wrong. The enemies are supposed to hit slow Tenno.

Yeah, that is a good point. Somersault spam probably isn't too reliable either, much less on hitscan ballistas as opposed to sniper crewmen and nullifiers.

edit: tfw i post immediately after explanatory post

Edited by Kygro

Try it with the Grineer Seekers. You don't last much longer. It seems their pistols are super accurate as well. At least the Ballista can't hit you even if you stand still in her face.

In the Simulacrum, grineer commanders can wipe the entire map in an instant.

because they immediately switch teleport with you, and landing on the player spawn immediately kills everything that was spawned.

fnvmft.jpg

But seriously, it's nice that they no longer fill you with lead at point blank while your meleeing their buddies, but their aimbotting is still ridiculous despite the supposed "rev up" time enemies are supposed to have with regard to accuracy. They literally land perfect shots on you the millisecond you turn around a corner or pass through a door, no amount of mobility or fancy tricks can stop that.

I think the aforementioned rev up time for enemy accuracy needs a second pass, at least for some of the heavier hitting enemies like Ballistas and Seekers. Additionally, it would be nice if Ballistas had some kind of laser-sight on their snipers, so at the very least we can notice them more easily and prioritze/take cover accordingly.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

That is a good point...

In most PvE games snipers use some kind of laser pointer or other visual effect which makes you aware to their presence. There's probably a good reason for that.

Indeed. Some see it as a crutch for noobs, when in actual fact it's simply vital visual feedback.

Hell, you don't even have to change its accuracy. Just let me know I'm being aimed at.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Enemies hitting every Tenno, if Tenno don't hit them first. Update isn't working. That's the point.

I'm not sure how you're playing that you're unable to avoid being hit, but I don't share the same issue myself and I'm not exactly rushing when I play. 

It's been said plenty of times, but here it is again.

The speed the player is moving will alter the speed of acquisition for enemies shooting at you as well as lower their overall ability to land a shot.

What you have is a powerful enemy holding a highly damaging weapon squeezing off two shots at a player who is practically stationary, meaning she was firing in a situation in which she had the highest odds of connecting her shot. As far as the game is concerned, you probably couldn't have been any easier to hit if you had painted a bullseye on your rear and bent over in the doorway.

Warframe is a fairly fast paced game. In the time you were taking aim you could have sprinted half the distance towards your target and slide on the ground to both lower your profile AND keep your momentum up while squeezing off a shot to one-hit kill that Ballista. Whole lot of extra movement? Yeah. But she'd probably have missed her first shot.

There is nothing wrong. The enemies are supposed to hit slow Tenno.

That is just plain ignorant.

She hit me in less than 1 second after being alerted by a big fat roller exploding infront of her killed by silenced weapons, then she turned 90° degrees and somehow instantly knew where I stood what my insurance number is and probably even where my house lifes, the game isn't that slow, it wasn't 0.5slowed, it was 0.125x

2 solid hits in 3 seconds, with a "unwieldy" heavy sniper rifle, 1 shot fired mid running which is atleast a BIT unfair.

Also please explain to me how there is supposed such thing as "aiming" and accuracy if this happens at medium distance.

How is there supposed to be "stealth" if enemies just roflstomp you with godlike spotting abilities and divine accuracy the second they are alerted for whatever reason?

Please explain me why just devastating everything in 50 metres with World of Fire, which kills enemies without having them alert others is a better option for stealth than sniping people across the room

Edited by Cool3303