Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think The Sniper Accuracy Debuff Works? Presenting Beatrix Ballista

Cool3303

That is just plain ignorant.

She hit me in less than 1 second after being alerted by a big fat roller exploding infront of her killed by silenced weapons, then she turned 90° degrees and somehow instantly knew where I stood what my insurance number is and probably even where my house lifes, the game isn't that slow, it wasn't 0.5slowed, it was 0.125x

2 solid hits in 3 seconds, with a "unwieldy" heavy sniper rifle, 1 shot fired mid running which is atleast a BIT unfair.

Also please explain to me how there is supposed such thing as "aiming" and accuracy if this happens at medium distance.

How is there supposed to be "stealth" if enemies just roflstomp you with godlike spotting abilities and divine accuracy the second they are alerted for whatever reason?

Please explain me why just devastating everything in 50 metres with World of Fire, which kills enemies without having them alert others is a better option for stealth than sniping people across the room

That's another problem, actually. Acquisition time. You need time to react, they don't.

That is just plain ignorant.

She hit me in less than 1 second after being alerted by a big fat roller exploding infront of her killed by silenced weapons, then she turned 90° degrees and somehow instantly knew where I stood what my insurance number is and probably even where my house lifes, the game isn't that slow, it wasn't 0.5slowed, it was 0.125x

2 solid hits in 3 seconds, with a "unwieldy" heavy sniper rifle, 1 shot fired mid running which is atleast a BIT unfair.

Also please explain to me how there is supposed such thing as "aiming" and accuracy if this happens at medium distance.

How is there supposed to be "stealth" if enemies just roflstomp you with godlike accuracy the second they are alerted for whatever reason?

Please explain me why just killing everything in 50 metres with World of Fire, which kills enemies without having them alert others is a better option for stealth than sniping people across the room

There is nothing stealthy about 4 Tenno in an open doorway firing off their weapons. You were perfectly visible and in LoS range. As soon as the Roller popped in her LoS she was 'aware'. All she had to do was heelspin and she had eyes on you Tenno.

So you were caught and the AI went straight to it's normal process of firing on the player. She would have shot faster if she didn't like to snap to cover. In fact, I'd say the Ballista AI tends to spend a lot of time it could be using being dangerous trying to find nice real estate to fire from. I've seen many, many instances of Ballista just standing around looking kinda confused in a firefight.

I think you're probably making a mistake in assuming she is 'looking down her scope' at you. From the AI's perspective I'd assume that she's probably just firing the Vulkar off at you. She has no 'taking aim' downtime. No Marksman unit seems to.

I could see an argument being made for one existing and definitely understand that. Personally I think the little laser-sight thing sounds like it'd be neat to show who has a sniper aggro'd on them. Even for just aesthetic reasons.

But I'm pretty sure the whole accuracy thing works just fine. If you had even been strafing left to right you'd have driven your chances up of avoiding a shot. Guaranteed a miss? no. Just increased your odds. Turning the Grineer into Stormtroopers would take considerable momentum behind the player. Something like Tipedo coptering.

All that aside, about your statement on the state of stealth -

Yeah. It's a bit weird. I swear it drops the ball over the weirdest stuff. I'm still not incredibly satisfied with it personally.

But it's a tough struggle for DE. Warframe is an Action game above all else. It's a game where the Player is the most powerful thing in a level. You are a hulking, stompy force of nature with powerful guns and huge ammo stores and consumable heals and all that jazz. 

Good stealth doesn't tend to favor that kind of thing. Good stealth games will put the player in a situation where he is NOT this stompy hell-beast that can just shoot through a mission. It's legitimately hard to capture that in Warframe. The fact of the matter is - you can TOTALLY shoot through a mission. Easily. No problemo. Especially with 4 Tenno.

And the AI that suits a Game where 4 stompy Tenno wreck entire ships of enemies? Well as you can tell it doesn't necessarily make for a knockout adversary in stealthy gameplay.

Stealth in Warframe is a struggle to add a different personality to the existing Gameplay that Warframe is built on. Stealth works by different rules. It has different needs in order to feel rewarding and meaningful. All the problems with it now are kinda just side effects of that struggle trying to find the spot where everything starts to work out. It's leagues better now then it once was, hell when silent weapons were first added to the game the entire concept of stealth during a mission - any mission - was altogether pointless.

Well I am just going to argue that even if she didn't scope even if...

She had to shoot across over 30 metres, a distance completely un-unscopable (I am serious try that in real life with a sniper,or search for it on youtube and ignore the mlg stuff)

she had to swing that sniper rifle like a demon.

And she had to SEE us I mean comeone 30 metres? that is a lot.The ballista looks tiny onscreen for me, and I heard gene degradation doesn't lessen the effects of Depth of Field

In my opinion a 0.3 second lockon period over 30 metres is not enough.

Edited by Cool3303

I'm not sure how you're playing that you're unable to avoid being hit, but I don't share the same issue myself and I'm not exactly rushing when I play. 

I can aboid some non-hitscan hits, can use lags/net latency and even evade Void Bombard rocket.

This dosen't change facts. Enemies are no-scoping cheaters.

Edited by letir

-watches video and laughs-

Trinity. Flipping through the air. 99% Blessing.
Ballista. Appears out of a corner at that same moment. 2 shots. 

Instantly dies. Best thing? Full Blessing build, roughly 200% strength. The Ballista was Rank 23. And just shot me down like she's the best bird hunter.

Instantly dies. Best thing? Full Blessing build, roughly 200% strength. The Ballista was Rank 23. And just shot me down like she's the best bird hunter.

that's epic, decent sniper....

try it in real life...... muCh arGue,FiltY sUper........

This is a Sci fi Game with Ninja Magic + Helicopter Speed Running, Grineer ladies that breaks the physics, what do you Expect LOL.

HEY only Tennos have Space Magic... the grineer only have gene Degradation and Doctor Tengus aaand the Teryiaki Frame

"Balanced"

It's been said plenty of times, but here it is again.

The speed the player is moving will alter the speed of acquisition for enemies shooting at you as well as lower their overall ability to land a shot.

What you have is a powerful enemy holding a highly damaging weapon squeezing off two shots at a player who is practically stationary, meaning she was firing in a situation in which she had the highest odds of connecting her shot. As far as the game is concerned, you probably couldn't have been any easier to hit if you had painted a bullseye on your rear and bent over in the doorway.

Warframe is a fairly fast paced game. In the time you were taking aim you could have sprinted half the distance towards your target and slide on the ground to both lower your profile AND keep your momentum up while squeezing off a shot to one-hit kill that Ballista. Whole lot of extra movement? Yeah. But she'd probably have missed her first shot.

There is nothing wrong. The enemies are supposed to hit slow Tenno.

the video was being played in slow motionmotion, it was less then 2 seconds

The speed the player is moving will alter the speed of acquisition for enemies shooting at you as well as lower their overall ability to land a shot.

What you have is a powerful enemy holding a highly damaging weapon squeezing off two shots at a player who is practically stationary, meaning she was firing in a situation in which she had the highest odds of connecting her shot. As far as the game is concerned, you probably couldn't have been any easier to hit if you had painted a bullseye on your rear and bent over in the doorway.

Warframe is a fairly fast paced game. In the time you were taking aim you could have sprinted half the distance towards your target and slide on the ground to both lower your profile AND keep your momentum up while squeezing off a shot to one-hit kill that Ballista. Whole lot of extra movement? Yeah. But she'd probably have missed her first shot.

You clearly haven't raided yet or haven't done it enough on a frame with a role that requires high mobility such as the person that secures the room or the carrier because if you have you wouldn't say its "working as intended".  So many times have I copter with a speed built Tipedo that it's main purpose is for coptering at full speed to get shot down mid flight.  It wasn't just once or twice, this happens at least once every raid and I've been raiding every night since the raids first came out.  Also how about we also fix that that mid flight Manic mount while we're at it.

So... don't use bows? Because that wasn't four tenths of a second--not enough time for a bow to charge. And rifles simply do not handle like that.

Besides, as someone who consistently goes melee, I can say that they hit that shot often enough that it's still a problem and still needs fixing. "It would probably miss" doesn't cut it. This isn't the place for punishing RNG--there should be set rules so I know exactly how to avoid being hit every time. Right now that simply doesn't happen. Ballistas need some sort of tell.