The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Please Have Access To Modify The Ui Of Warframe?

Mesyra

Firefall has a really good API for modding the UI, it gives you options like custom cross-hair, special overlays for timers for your turrets, team jet energy, all sorts of stuff.

I think that we should be able to do the same kind of modding.

we would be able to set up stuff like team energy, their active powers that are effecting them, or the health of their companions.

better stuff would be things like a range counter for Nova's MP, or remaining time for a power you are channeling based off of your equipped mods and energy pool, all sorts of really cool stuff.

it wouldnt hurt the game at all, and I think a lot of people could make some really cool things.

we could probably figure out a way to overlay a whole new hud design.

while it would be great, the User Interface would first need to move away from ActionScript with some LUA background support.

LUA is flexible, but ActionScript isn't.

very true. I think the UI team would be better off using LUA anyways instead of AS.

cl_crosshaircolor

cl_crosshairstyle

sensitivity

zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse

m_rawinput

m_customaccel

de pls give us cs go console pls pls lalalalala

Edited by nms64

Firefall is not the same type of game as Warframe and is also not on multiple platforms. An open world MMO can have all the layout changes it wants but it would not work here.

I doubt they would ever be able to add modding support for a UI onto a console game, everything is really restricted.

I do think that adding the ability to create mods for the UI of warframe would be very beneficial for some players, if I could have a timer set up to see my team mates abilities remaining duration, or their energy, I could tell if someone is having an issue and move to assist them.

and the biggest thing I would want is the ability to redraw the UI for in missions, I would redo all of the hud and make something more sci-fi, while also making it smoother for my play style, most likely by centralising my HUD so that I have all my information right by my cross-hair.

I think the UI team would be better off using LUA anyways instead of AS.

Warframe is using both currently, if i wasn't clear.

Multi Platform

doesn't matter.

the Console and PC builds already differ.

you just don't try and make it a feature on Consoles, because it wouldn't be allowed. keep it to the PC distro.

wouldn't this make Warframe even more prone to hacking?

no.

the User Interface is just what you see, not what is actually happening.

the User Interface is synced TO something, the game doesn't Sync from it. changing what you see on the UI only means that you've successfully de-synced your visual information from the real numbers. i.e. only made it harder to play.

What is actually happening is on the host's machine -- so host machine knows where caches are, when hard enemies have just spawned, who's dropped what.

Player's machine determines hit detection, so aimbotting is also a possibility.

It's not actually possible to prevent hacking in such cases, only to make it more difficult through testing for file tampering, cheat engines and other detection methods.  But mostly through obscurity.

So documenting internals might increase hacking chances and will certainly raise interest in it.  Bugs in base code are more likely to be exposed.  There might be bugs/design flaws in the API too.

DE should hold a competition to redesign the minimap.

Whilst I would love the ability to mod the UI, wouldn't this make Warframe even more prone to hacking?

Nope, it wouldnt. the UI is made to pull numbers from the game, the game doesnt pull numbers from the UI.

if it did then it would take 2 minutes to give you 9.9x10^147 HP and shields.

the API would only give code to access the UI.

Edited by VYR3

doesn't matter.

the Console and PC builds already differ.

you just don't try and make it a feature on Consoles, because it wouldn't be allowed. keep it to the PC distro.

it does matter as it would mean essentially doubling the code writing so that PC can have a feature that consoles can not. Each and every update would take longer to release to the console and the game would not be the same across platforms. Right now it is the same on all platforms and should stay this way. 

it does matter as it would mean essentially doubling the code writing so that PC can have a feature that consoles can not. Each and every update would take longer to release to the console and the game would not be the same across platforms. Right now it is the same on all platforms and should stay this way.

We aren't ask for full customized UI, but add more options to the UI settings.

This does increases devs workload, but doesn't really affect the potential of cross game play, because the settings are controlled by DE. For instance,we have squad list with only shield and health. Maybe we will be able to press z 1 more time to show more information,e.g. Frames, energy.

We are now pausing the game to check frame,which is a bit clumsy when you are doing this in free time (in a lift)

Edited by themartinc123

We are now pausing the game to check frame,which is a bit clumsy when you are doing this in free time (in a lift)

Why are you pausing a game to check who is with what frame when all relevent information is on screen for you right now. Health/Shield/Buffs. In a five minute run even it is not hard to visually see what people are using in terms of frame and gear. Of course it could be a matter of people really wanting to know what MR they are running with so that they can feel supremely dominate over someone else.

Allowing console access brings up all kinds of issues.

A second low resource UI (like pre U14) would be neat, but not sure if it is worth it to have it added. Since if can't handle the Liset you probably can't handle missions.

Minor options like hide warframe while in menus would help. Sometimes the warframe gets in the way of information, this happens to me in the foundry often.

Why are you pausing a game to check who is with what frame when all relevent information is on screen for you right now. Health/Shield/Buffs. In a five minute run even it is not hard to visually see what people are using in terms of frame and gear. Of course it could be a matter of people really wanting to know what MR they are running with so that they can feel supremely dominate over someone else.

MR already appears on the HUD. I'm sure a Grand Master founder already knows this.

Letting people design their own Lua HUDs would be incredible.

Why are you pausing a game to check who is with what frame when all relevent information is on screen for you right now. Health/Shield/Buffs. In a five minute run even it is not hard to visually see what people are using in terms of frame and gear.

You cannot see other players' energy.  You cannot see their buffs/debuffs.  You cannot see who is who on the minimap (one of the biggest problems).