Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Antimatter Drop Supposed To Randomly Do Pitiful Amounts Of Damage?

Rubbertubtub01

I'm not completely sure if this is a bug, but i'm pretty sure. I use antimatter drop and stack up huge amounts of damage, then sometimes when it blows up, it only does like 50 damage. This is really frustrating, I just used a tonne of ammo for no damage what so ever. If this is a bug, please fix. If not, please tell me how to avoid it. Thank you.

That has happened to me also, there's two possibilities:

1. It's either a bug or a latency issue, which is the most likely because for me, there is no way I can hit the cap with a HC Glaxion, and I've been playing on Asia when I should be in Oceania. Maybe the host has not recognised the amount of damage dealt to the antimatter ball, like the host still thinks you haven't shot it at all, so when it lands, it explodes with little to no added damage.

I've noticed that abilities are kinda based on the host, like sometimes when I run Mirage while I'm not host on Asia, my clones would sometimes aim at other directions, usually points where i was looking at before, as if I'm still aiming at that point. Most apparent with Ogris.

2. It's soaking in so much damage it goes over the computer's integer limit, which is pretty much impossible even with the highest DPS weapon, because this game runs on at least 64 bit, so you need to deal 2^64 worth of damage, a Boltor P's entire damage (mag + spare ammo) output won't even make a dent.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

I think the absorb is partly bugged out--I have huge range and the augment, yet I've had enemies on the other side of the orb shooting me, THROUGH the orb.

Not exactly bugged but hitscan weapons (like 95% ranged grineer) are absorbed only if the shooter is INSIDE the radius, while travel time projectiles get absorbed regardless. Non intuitive but afaik that's by design, not a bug.

I am not sure if it is still like this or was ever working as intended, but weapons with punch thru would hit the AMD ball multiple times and, at least the last time I used it, it was VERY easy to hit the damage cap with such weapons. IE, one charged Dread shot and it was capped.

Not exactly bugged but hitscan weapons (like 95% ranged grineer) are absorbed only if the shooter is INSIDE the radius, while travel time projectiles get absorbed regardless. Non intuitive but afaik that's by design, not a bug.

Should be a bug. It should be checking for a clear LoS to the target, which the giant orb would be blocking--the same as any other object, wall, or other obstruction. Anything with an LoS that would hit the object(huge flipping bullet attractor orb) should thus be affected by it. If a player stands on one side(outside) of a nyx absorb, and an enemy stands on the other, shooting through the nyx absorb hits the nyx's bubble, not the player.

The volume is apparently not being tracked properly.

I'm not completely sure if this is a bug, but i'm pretty sure. I use antimatter drop and stack up huge amounts of damage, then sometimes when it blows up, it only does like 50 damage. This is really frustrating, I just used a tonne of ammo for no damage what so ever. If this is a bug, please fix. If not, please tell me how to avoid it. Thank you.

Are you client when that happens?!

I noticed that, on Mesa, Shatter Shield sometimes doesn't redirect projectiles if I'm a client. 

It's a weird bug, sometimes you pump damage into it and as it explodes it does maybe 100. It's a bug that's been around for a while

Some speculate that if you do too much damage you reset the damage counter on it and it's stuck back to base damage, but oh well.

From the way I understand it what happens is that you do so much damage (more than 999,999) that it carries over and starts from zero again. th result is the pitiful XXX damage that you get. From what I understand.  

From the way I understand it what happens is that you do so much damage (more than 999,999) that it carries over and starts from zero again. th result is the pitiful XXX damage that you get. From what I understand.  

I'm not sure if what you said can happen but in my case I'm sure it's not what's happening, I been using the burston P. recently and I usually fire 2 or 3 burst (<<<< 999,999) into AMD and it either kills everything around it or it does like 50 damage.

is that old bug where AMD doesn't absorb any damage when you're a client (with a decent host it works most of the time). but it can also happen when playing solo, it's rare but I've experienced it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that,

If client, absorbed damage is only applied if dropped on the map's surface (else, like an enemy, base damage is only applied)

If host, ADrop works as expected; detonation on all surfaces applies absorbed damage.

I've noticed that,

If client, absorbed damage is only applied if dropped on the map's surface (else, like an enemy, base damage is only applied)

If host, ADrop works as expected; detonation on all surfaces applies absorbed damage.

Think you've hit the nail on the head there.

Have noticed a number of issues with this myself.