Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open world and mounts

icenash2

At least the 'on planet' part could be done with the current system. Different skybox and open-top rooms that are somewhat bigger that the current ones with more cross-connection, allowing multiple paths... you end up with a more planet like and open feeling but still play the same core game. This would of course need a completly new tile set, so this will take quiet a while.

Edit:

not a fan of real-open world enviroment in this kind of game, as it would need a complete restructure of the current way missions are handeled via peer2peer hosting and therefore would take up too much development time for too little gain, at least that's my personal opinion.

Edited by Feindfeuer

I think that all would like to see various form/kind of levels! Realization of various opportunities for open space activity as in Dead Space. And why we are only by the ships? And how planetary bases? It would be desirable to see behind windows not only darkness...... why then in general windows are necessary?

I'm sorry for the wrong term I use for the question, but this is what I meant really...

Not the open-world same with big MMO, I'm not fond of that too because it does more running than action...

the semi-Dead Space setting or the Lost Planet style in a crash landed moon base instance something like that would be cool...

and mechs, i didn't much about the mounts, but if devs have better ideas then that is cool too,

mech boss are cool too not-that large enemies, something a boss that tear it apart slowly, like the robot boss we have (i forgot the name though)

Why many people the word "various" understand that as "opened, how in MMO"?

Unambiguously not open levels! But more various! Identical walls to see very boring!

- places of crash of the ships where there are a lot of dangerous places with an open space or simply fallen to a planet

- the infected and left planetary bases

- places where go WAR between all three races

The list can be continued long!

More visual variety there is a wish. More interaction between races is necessary!

Why the infected attack only us? They have to attack all not infected! ! ! (but it already other subject) =)

They don't, i had the chance to see an infected vs corpus match and i even took a screenshot of it, i had a great time watching them killing each other.

And related to the topic, i disagree all that people that are against improving this game or making changes, why refusing to add mounts to the game? maybe is not a primary thing to do, but as the game evolves this feature( and others) may be needed. It's a coop third-person shooter so there are a lot of things that can be added, don't put limits to the game, give ideas to make the game fun to more people. Ok, if someone doesn't like mounts because he's thinking in animals, maybe i agree, but what about having motorcycles in the game?

clearly in these ship maps isn't useful but for bigger maps that may allow more players at the same time it would be a great idea.

I'd love my rinho riding a sci-fi motorcycle that may have its own abilities, why not? So, PLEASE make your thoughts lead your way ;)

and be creative that's what the developers need from us, ideas.

If not opened levels (jungle, desert, mountain) maybe some levels could be on dark half-wrecked ships (damaged after ships battle) like on Dead Space series + some maps could be on planet's caves with jungle, desert, mountain "vegetation"

Also levels could be more "labyrinth" like with multiple walkthroughs (gameplay styles = stealth or run'n' gun) and level exploration

Maybe with dangerous alien animals or dead-space like mutants

btw.

I only started yesterday

I love the game I already recommended it to some of my friends

Edited by Strac_CRO

Earth is described as a ruined world in the game. It could be like Coruscant in Star-Wars but most of the buildings collapsed. It'd make a really interesting gameplay environment.

Also much smaller space ships could be a nice change. Now they're all really huge, but in a small space vessel you could occasionally penetrate the hull from the inside and then re-enter into another room from the outside. Could work in the big ships too...

sounds like a nice possibility.

Imagine: broken window could pull you in and you would have to find your way back before time runs out, or get in to nearby ship to teleport yourself back.(I know its bothersome, but to me it would be awesome)

But, I'm playing this game precisely because it is not open-world, there are so many of those these days. Warframe brings Ninja Gaiden to the future, get in, kill someone, get out.

Reallistically, the Tenno would not be needed to raid a Grinner camp on the surface of a planet. Plus, we do not really know much about the story, maybe nobody lives on planets anymore, maybe they built space stations around them, who knows?

And all I can see is ideas from other games ( Dead Space, Mass Effect, Lost Planet ), let's try and innovate please :)) let the developers think about something new. If they start copying other mmo's where you have to do quests and run from the quest area to the quest giver, with mounts in an open-world, I'll have to give up, as much as I enjoy. Something that most people like but do not know it is things to be simple, KISS, keep it simple and straight-forward. I do not want to have to buy a pickaxe and go mining so I can make stuff and auction it, that's just an example. But there are definatley some good ideas here.

That's just my oppinion, and it is open to criticism, like all the others, so this game can be good for everyone.

To quote directly from the FAQ:

Will there be more open environments? (I want sky above my head! I want planets and biodomes!)

The next art set is still enclosed, but focusing on rock and terrain. After this we are looking at open sky spots but still in a colonization/scifi context. Biodomes, limited exposures, etc. We are commited to procedural level generation and how it keeps updates small and level building fast and efficient. This means our constraints are like this: if we have an open-to-sky environment in a tileset, eventually it has to connect to a 'join' on another section. Like a canyon choke-point. This means that you won't be running on a massive terrain heightfield with a building dropped down on it like height-field centric games. It will always have a dungeon generation vibe underlying it.

That said, I'm excited to push it way more within these constraints... even the new set (coming soon) has a far better mix of tight enclosures and larger spaces which really help break up the monotony of 'same ceiling height every where I go'.

So open environments/mounts are not in the near future, or even the distant future.

• 3 weeks later...

There should be core condenced semi-open levels. More of Deus-ex style, not like Far Cry 3. There should be more choice in navigation of areas instead of hallways and rooms. There is practically no way to stealth your way through. I love Ash, but his skill set is not at home in the levels as they are.

F*** yeah dues ex

Tenno are like the anime version of ninjas. Let us take a common example of anime ninjas Naruto if they travel they just run through the trees and across the water at high speed. So i don't think mounts would fit the tenno. As for mechs I can see the block head dudes getting something like that but the Tenno have no need if they want to beef up they put on a rhino frame. They are already super poweful no mechs needed.

Large maps would be nice and can easily be procedurally generated. You just give it say twenty to thirty one or two story buildings with a litte skirt of road on all sides you plop them down in random order and have a dome or impassable wall skirting the entire complex to keep the player in and done. You have a more open map feel. That is probably what they are working on now as mentioned in the post.

As to why you have ground side stations space is harsh you cannot maintain indefinite space based stations or ships without some form of downside support. There is always loss be it via air locks, non recyclable material and just general entropy. Downside offers replenishment of consumables and offers a far more forgiving environment than space to live.

Mentioning consumables I don't know if the devs have thought of this but floating cloud cities over the gas giants would probably be how these large fleets of ships are getting the consumables to power the reactors. That is if the reactors are helium-3 reactors. So a few levels around the gas giants set in atmosphere would be nice as well think cloud city from star wars but more utilitarian. You can even use most of the space station assets and just add large multifloor pump rooms and such with a swirly multicolored sky all around the station exterior.

I don't want mounts. I don't want open or instanced worlds. I want more variety and strategy added to what already exists within the game (more bosses, more enemies, more variety in levels, moere game types). I would also like to see one instanced zone where people can get together - like a base of operations or something. Other than that, not so much.

There should be core condenced semi-open levels. More of Deus-ex style, not like Far Cry 3. There should be more choice in navigation of areas instead of hallways and rooms. There is practically no way to stealth your way through. I love Ash, but his skill set is not at home in the levels as they are.

I agree with this, the game already ALLOWS you to play through the game stealthy, where if you dont let the alarms go off it really feels like the game has a stealth mode option.

However, there are no vents to sneak through, no alternate routes, and hell i'd love the options to be able to use terminals to hack turrets, or have the option to open or lock doors, seal or leave windows breached.