Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open world and mounts

icenash2

I'm always in favor of huge variety in level design. Running between planet-side bases, ducking through trees and junk(or big rocks and junk..) would be perfectly reasonable.

More variety never hurts, so long as they're consistent with their asthetic style.

I think that mounts would be pretty epic. Maybe a big walker level, like with AT-Ats from star wars. 4 people , one driver, two side gunners,mans one large gunner.Of course,mthese things take time, but when the core game is complete and released, I feel that this would be a good idea. (imagines gunning down Grineer with side mounted minigun)

Mount? If it suit the feel of the game then..why not?

Stealing prototype bipedal mech from Corpus and wrecking havok in thier base while your friend infilrate the base for extra demolition is quite nice.

Open world is a bit hard to design in the current tileset system since every tile is connected by a small corridor. At best, it could be something similar to ME2-3 which used a mixture of interior and exterior element in SP mode.

----way to introduce new stuff-----

keep up with me now..

1-- "vortex appears"[(Imply Story) maybe stuck in a wormhole of some sort]-- ["new enemy type" (only for a certain time frame) possibly like a month or so]

-

-

2 [End "vortex" event-- as well as this new enemy type] [(Imply story more) maybe now through so many missions, you've fixed the annomally of the "vortex"] .(SIDE NOTE- Make new weps and warframe due to experience or maybe mats. of vortex)

-

-

3 Imply more story( what was that? where did it come from? search [new planets] for answers!) possibly land on and "enclosed/open" world of some sort.

and thats all i got fro now. lol. i really love this game guys. tell me what you all think. email me if anything at bigred123x@yahoo.com. thx

There should be core condenced semi-open levels. More of Deus-ex style, not like Far Cry 3. There should be more choice in navigation of areas instead of hallways and rooms. There is practically no way to stealth your way through. I love Ash, but his skill set is not at home in the levels as they are.

Totally agree.

SO MANY PEOPLE WANT A STEROTYPICAL MMORPG, why dont you people go play something that has all these ideas for open world seige and such instead of putting out ideas that have nothing to do with THIS GAMES flow of gameplay. Its a third-person shooter with dungeon style maps, that IS the game, most of these ideas people throw out there are asking for a entirely different game, it doesnt make sense to me at all. If you want open world, player owned houses, a completely free game, mounts, try something else

The thing about open world is that the mapping they are currently using is map tiles. Everything is randomly generated using tiles of a map and combining them all randomly. They have an idea in the process though, having a open canyon of some sort and bordering them off by checkpoints or something like that i think.

SO MANY PEOPLE WANT A STEROTYPICAL MMORPG, why dont you people go play something that has all these ideas for open world seige and such instead of putting out ideas that have nothing to do with THIS GAMES flow of gameplay. Its a third-person shooter with dungeon style maps, that IS the game, most of these ideas people throw out there are asking for a entirely different game, it doesnt make sense to me at all. If you want open world, player owned houses, a completely free game, mounts, try something else

I agree.

There are plenty of mmorpgs out there stick to them if you want to have a "mount".

I would be happy with large randomized maps (thinking a section of Grineer slums) with multiple paths to a central objective with required and optional sub-objectives along the way that may require the squad to split up and complete. Along with various glimpses into the world's lore, particularity with the civilian side of things; what do they look like, what do they generally say, and what services does the grimdark world allow into their lives?

It would be also be cool if the game generated random large open "rooms" from a set of map tiles as well, having housing, shops, and utility buildings acting as walls.

I’m seeing objectives like:

• Preforming a hit on a well-guarded government official
  • Breaking through civilian cover to an objective that is about to be transported to a space station
  • Causing chaos for a set amount of time to draw reinforcements to the biodome through destruction of utilities and security detachments
  • Simple kidnapping of an informant going past his guards

This feels like Syndicate already: http://youtu.be/m4jQ2ZFvPVg

Regarding mounts; the feel of the Tenno doesn't have the room for permanent mounts. If the game did have mounts, they'd be more like throwaway targets of opportunity that may or may not be helpful to achieving a game's objective, i.e. driving a car into something to kill power in the area, ramming a hoverbike through a window for easier access to a security system, riding a exosuit to keep mooks distracted for a while, driving an armored truck carrying a MacGuffin to a specified location.

It would be amazing if every vehicle that is seen ingame is pilotable as opposed to being a prop, giving the impression that the Tenno know how to utilize everything to their advantage; even if the player reasons for doing are inane.

Sounds like people want Metal Gear Solid kind of stealth missions where if you get spotted a massive swarm hits you all at once. Imagine 20 of those spiked balss rolling in every direction at once almost inescapable for most.

• 1 month later...