Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem With Manics

gkuoni

First off, I couldn't find an 'enemy' specific feedback catagory so I'm going to put it in general, feel free to put it to the appropriate feedback catagory if this is in the wrong catagory.

The problem with manics is that they are new, and glitchy sometimes. I encountered this problem where a manic during the tactical alert thought it would be funny to play hide and seek with us, and went invisible... forever.

It also got stuck in this immortal mode, where it would only after a few seconds have a second of damage dealing before he'd return to that mode, causing him to become invincible. I'd recommend that you set both the invisible and if they have such a thing the immortal mode to a timer because the mission was not completable with this.

You can see the manic's redish glow as he was not moving and trying to be stealthy:

X0kQcFQ.jpg

Oh noes, so they add something harder and bam the forum goes out of it's mind because their boltor priem spray can't kill them and they have to aim now.

Glitches exist on every game and I hope this one gets fixed, but It's funny how people go  crying because their OP weapon can't spray n' kill manics.

And I most likely miss-understood the topic, if so I'm sorry.

Edited by Meice

Oh noes, so they add something harder and bam the forum goes out of it's mind because their boltor priem spray can't kill them and they have to aim now.

Glitches exist on every game and I hope this one gets fixed, but It's funny how people go  crying because their OP weapon can't spray n' kill manics.

And I most likely miss-understood the topic, if so I'm sorry.

Yeah. You basically completely misunderstood this.

Yeah. You basically completely misunderstood this.

I think basically is understatement in this case.  :P

Anywho, this should probably be in the bugs forum, not feedback, as the "he-he, you can't kill me!" is probably a bug rather than intended design.  (I personally had one (in a regular mission) "forget" me by TPing off away and not coming back until I fired to make noise.)

Unless this is about the invisibility/invulnerability as a rule.  

I think basically is understatement in this case.  :P

Anywho, this should probably be in the bugs forum, not feedback, as the "he-he, you can't kill me!" is probably a bug rather than intended design.  (I personally had one (in a regular mission) "forget" me by TPing off away and not coming back until I fired to make noise.)

Unless this is about the invisibility/invulnerability as a rule.  

The problem is that he was reacting and sometimes going out of the invulnerability but then instantly went back in. This might be a bug but my feedback to how this can be fixed is by having it be on a timer.

The problem with manics is that they are new, and glitchy sometimes. I encountered this problem where a manic during the tactical alert thought it would be funny to play hide and seek with us, and went invisible... forever.

It also got stuck in this immortal mode, where it would only after a few seconds have a second of damage dealing before he'd return to that mode, causing him to become invincible. I'd recommend that you set both the invisible and if they have such a thing the immortal mode to a timer because the mission was not completable with this.

I also had an issue with one of the manics glitching out. We had only the one remaining manic but didn't know where it was. As we ran around, we noticed movement, stopped and then saw that it had frozen in place, visible, and unmoving. At this point we tried to attack it, but no damage was dealt, and it didn't do anything while we stood there.

We found out that if we ran to a different map section, it would teleport around super fast and all glitched (like perpetual falling, or something). When we stopped, it would stop and again be invulnerable and visible. Both myself, the host, and my friend could see this happening.

Finally we got to a situation where we blew out a window and caused it to start taking damage due to no oxygen. It then perpetually glitched into a teleport/fall animation. I found that I could sometimes hit it with my secondary so we took pot shots at it till it died.

Super weird glitch though....

my experience with them so far has been abysmal.

having an enemy that can only be hit ONCE before vanishing, and can chain stun-pounce you, is NOT my idea of fun.

the only reason i survived one encounter at all was because the host was desynching bad, and it let my mesa's 4th power hit them while they were stealthed and teleporting. even then we lost a team member just because of the chain pouncing.

new enemy, needs a LOT of work. hard to hit? i understand. immune to hits even while stunned is another matter altogether.

Edited by niekitty

The problem is that he was reacting and sometimes going out of the invulnerability but then instantly went back in. This might be a bug but my feedback to how this can be fixed is by having it be on a timer.

Well, theme established, what about a trigger based on damage thresholds?  After taking a set percent of damage it pulls out of combat briefly; and once triggered the same pint won't trigger regardless of regeneration.  Given how fast they are, I don't see why they need invulnerability, anyway, but still.  

• 2 months later...