Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Explain...

RoboDoge

...what is the point of slowpoke Nova on Kiste-Ceres?

Because i dont see it. I might be a noob that doesnt know what is the deal here, but i know that slowpoke MP slows down mobs and making them spawn less. And whole point of Kiste is getting as much drops and affinity possible.

Also, i tested Kiste-Ceres runs with speedy and slowpoke Nova, and with speedy one you get 2 000 reputation more per run. And we all know that reputation is directly connected to the affinity gain.

Players do not understand mechanics of the game and are thinking that what works on other maps, might work everywhere? They are not smart enough to realize less mobs means less drops and affinity on MD?

/rant

...what is the point of slowpoke Nova on Kiste-Ceres?

And whole point of Kiste is getting as much drops and affinity possible.

That's your opinion.

The actual objective that DE gave us is the mobile defense of the consoles. Slow nova is there to debuff the enemies so the objective can be achieved easier.

Loot and efficiency is not everyone's idea of fun and why they play the game.

Edited by kiteohatto

That's your opinion.

The actual objective that DE gave us is the mobile defense of the consoles. Slow nova is there to debuff the enemies so the objective can be achieved easier.

*slow nova clap*

That's your opinion.

How many players actually plays Kiste for fun?

I dont really like high level enemies that can deal a lot of damage and slash procs firing faster than they already do.

They are not even the threat there.

This is just my take on the whole MP thing. My friends main is a MP nova and i main a Rhino Prime. When Molecular prime is combined with an AOE like Rhino's Stomp, or Frost's Avalanche, or even Ember's World on Fire, it can be devastating to the masses. The enemies will explode instantly. That is the tactic I use on ODD or T4 defenses or survivals, and this tactic brings in the loot and affinity.

Hope it helped

Remember that a fast nova deals pitiful damage on the prime explosion. A slow now instead of just giving the 200% dmg bonus also has the aoe effect on every kill, which can lead to chain deaths and it's always added damage.

Tbh fast nova makes sense only in a premade group, agreed upon, as regardless of what you're doing slow nova will make it easier, if slower, but fast nova can actually cause you to fail rather than help you if you're not prepared for it.

Remember that a fast nova deals pitiful damage on the prime explosion. A slow now instead of just giving the 200% dmg bonus also has the aoe effect on every kill, which can lead to chain deaths and it's always added damage.

Tbh fast nova makes sense only in a premade group, agreed upon, as regardless of what you're doing slow nova will make it easier, if slower, but fast nova can actually cause you to fail rather than help you if you're not prepared for it.

I know how to use Nova, my point is why people are using slowpoke Nova on farming grounds where mobs spawn in constant streams. Point which majority of the people here missed.

Not once did i hear "this node sucks for farming, mobs dont spawn at all" from the users of slowpoke Novas.

How many players actually plays Kiste for fun?

Many play frames that they enjoy playing. Using a fast nova on enemies that use hitscan weapons and have bleed procs usually forces people to use frames they don't actually like, but have to use them because some clown wants 2k extra rep(with 20k max rep a day limit if you are maxed mastery) and maybe a few thousand extra exp.

Or literally any time you're playing against the Infested.

I know how to use Nova, my point is why people are using slowpoke Nova on farming grounds where mobs spawn in constant streams. Point which majority of the people here missed.

Not once did i hear "this node sucks for farming, mobs dont spawn at all" from the users of slowpoke Novas.

So essentially what you're asking is why players play the way they feel comfortable in a PUG match? Soothe thy mammaries. Not everyone values the same things in the game that you do, nor should they be expected to.

So essentially what you're asking is why players play the way they feel comfortable in a PUG match? Soothe thy mammaries. Not everyone values the same things in the game that you do, nor should they be expected to.

Nope, never did ask why they play as the feel like it. I am asking why players farm something ( reputation, affinity, resources ) without knowing game mechanics, and then complain that node is broken and mobs wont spawn.

Nope, never did ask why they play as the feel like it. I am asking why players farm something ( reputation, affinity, resources ) without knowing game mechanics, and then complain that node is broken and mobs wont spawn.

So are you assuming that they are there to farm resources, affinity, or reputation, or did they specifically state as such?