The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Tips (Request)

(PSN)Sgt_Buttscratch

Question

9 answers to this question

well, 2 or 3 formas are enough 

first, you might wanna have all the negative duration mods on (fleeting expertise and transient fortitude) so you can maximize your miasma, then use streamline, intensify, R3 blind rage for more strength and efficiency 

next use a stretch for more range, and for the last 2 mods, you can either use her augment (regenerative molt) for health regain and use a rage as energy regain, or use vitality and rage and don't change the aura polarity (its a D aura by default) and use a rejuvenation aura, so it's your choice on this  

I use this build: Vitality (Maxed), Intensify (maxed), Fleeting Expertise (Maxed), Streamline (Maxed), Stretch (Maxed), Overextended (Maxed), Blind Rage (Rank 2 I believe) and Transient Fortitude (Maxed). For maximum nuking.

(Using Rejuvination)

2 formas atm, not yet done the Aura but that's because I use max efficiency so I can nuke for 25 energy and get that energy back easly. V and a D polarity I believe I added.

Edited by Rexian

There's two ways to build her:

1) Nuker build - maximise your efficiency, follow up with power strength. Keep Duration minimised.

2) Fighter build - use Vitality, Steel Fiber and Regenerative Molt to greatly increase Saryn's survivability while running missions

I currently use an all round build with my saryn. Sort of a nuker/fighter combo. Maxed efficiency and a little power strenght with regenerative molt and vitality. I combined nuker and fighter by dropping blind rage and steel fiber. Blind rage is overkill for most of the starchart and steel fiber doesn't really help much on frames other than chroma or valkyr.

I lovingly refer to Saryn as a brawler, because she gets down and dirty and cuts people in half. Build as follows:

-An aura of your choice, I prefer Rejuv

-Steel fiber

-Vitality

-Rage

-Intensify

-Blind Rage

-Transient Fortitude

-Fleeting Expertise

-Regenerative Molt

This will give you the least amount of duration, so Miasma will deal damage in two ticks (one if you have Arcane Chlora helm). Regenerative Molt will be your main source of healing, so spam it to your hearts content. This build doesnt have Stretch, but if you are tanky so it will be alright.

For the Scindo Prime its pretty easy, just add crit chance, berserker, and life strike and you are good to go.

Tips, in no particular order:

Use 75% efficiency for a Miasma spam build. This means no BR, or only a rank 2. Miasma can be spammed.

Less duration = more damage from each cast of Miasma.

Arcane Chlora Helmet reduces duration.

Partial durations (ie not +/- 25%) will result in an invisible Miasma tick (it still does damage, just no popup)

Regenerative Molt will heal for ~2-3 ticks even with minimized duration - works ok on a Miasma build.

With RM, Rage is more useful than Steel Fiber.

Building support with Venom spam, especially with the augment, is a legit setup.

+/- range mods do not affect the spread range of Venom, just the activation range.

Venom is more easily spread by a hitscan weapon with punchthrough with low damage/bullet (or pellet).

Contagion is useless. (:S)

As with every frame, you want access to CP aura, so either swap the aura to - or add extra forma.

So, there's two setups with two builds each that I use (mods maxxed unless noted):

Nuker:

AoE Nuker (#1):

Vitality

FE

Streamline (R3+)

Stretch

OE

TF

Intensify

NT

High Level Nuker (#2):

Vitality

Rage

Regenerative Molt

Stretch

FE

Streamline (R3+)

TF

Intensify

This gives you a great Corrosive nuke, which stuns, for 25 energy. The first build gives you only +25% damage, but you still deal 5822 Corrosive damage, which is enough for most content, and has the largest possible range and faster casts. The second build gives you a decent Regen Molt, and Rage allows effective health cycling/regeneration. Build #2 is for harder content, so the nuke hits for 8617 Corrosive, albeit with less range.

Support/Amp:

Damage Amp (#1):

Venom Dose

Streamline

TF

BR

Intensify

Primed Continuity

Narrow Minded

Constitutio

Debuffer (#2):

Venom Dose

FE

Streamline

TF

R7 BR

Primed Continuity

Narrow Minded

Constitution

This allows you to buff teammates for great damage boosts (the focus of #1) and debuff enemies with spreading Viral procs (the focus of #2) which reduces enemy health by half. A good compromise is to swap Constitution in the second build for Intensify, which gives you a great amount of strength with a still decent duration.

Edited by Darzk