The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trouble With Stolen Dreams

(PSN)Folkeye

Question

I've pretty much given up on the second part of this quest. Getting the two (of 3) codices from the Grineer just isn't happening. Can't get past the very first vault area that has the floating sentinels to detect movement.

Basically since I have not been a success with the various times I've tried with a friend, then solo many times yesterday. I've been using Loki in these attempts, and silent weapons....just in case. He can get past the detection and for the most part....into the room that has the controls, turn them off and raise the platform that you'll need to get to the other side of the level. Each and every time, the Grineer apparently smell him. I don't kill them nor bump into them, I go in, turn off security and head on my merry way with Lotus announcing 'security' each time. Which means I abort the mission since I can't get to where I need to be in a timely manner. So....really, really, really, really need help.

Even if I do manage to one shot one of the guards, the second comes along usually at a bad time. I can't one shot the sentinel things either, not every time but they're avoidable.

I'm also really not a fan of Spy 2.0, since I despise timers in a game like this but wanted to do the story quest stuff.

How do you avoid the Grineer guards detecting you? I seriously swear they smell me.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

11 answers to this question

I suggest you go with someone who has Nova. Its easier to get into the vaults using wormhole. Also remove any sentinels/companions that you have equipped. As far as the enemies go. You should be able to kill them easily unless your weapons have poor mods on them.

I had no problems with loki, didn't even have to kill anyone. I use decoy+switch teleport when nobody is around to bypass some of their laser blocks and use ciphers to go on my merry way. I don't know how so many people had problems with it it seemed really easy to me and i've run them so much after that.

Problem with Decoy is if there's that enemy you didn't happen to see. The Decoy starts firing as it should, which gets one in trouble.

What silent weapons are you using? I think most any bow or sniper will kill anything in the vault.

Went in with Dread (working on leveling it back up after a forma). So it can do a lot of damage and has that high critical change. Managed to kill one sentinel, then shot the other but it didn't crit so the sentinel didn't die. Now afraid to shoot them without killing them. The other two weapons are my Orthos Prime and Despair. They do high damage, just not 100% kill on first shot all the time.

I've done atleast 28 runs in a row to power max my mastery fodder weapons today and not a single time has it hurt me

Well, that's good for you then. I did decoy/switch teleport to get to a spot in that vault. First time it worked like a charm. Second time, enemy was in proximity which I did not see. Decoy goes off, enemy sets off alarms. Nothing you can do about it. I abort at that point since 20 seconds isn't enough for me to get back to where I need to be.

The whole point of the decoy is to, well, be a decoy. A noisy one at that. So that doesn't help in stealth if alarms are involved (rescue/spy).

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

Well, that's good for you then. I did decoy/switch teleport to get to a spot in that vault. First time it worked like a charm. Second time, enemy was in proximity which I did not see. Decoy goes off, enemy sets off alarms. Nothing you can do about it. I abort at that point since 20 seconds isn't enough for me to get back to where I need to be.

The whole point of the decoy is to, well, be a decoy. A noisy one at that. So that doesn't help in stealth if alarms are involved (rescue/spy).

Seems like the issue was you not being careful enough

Went in with Dread (working on leveling it back up after a forma). So it can do a lot of damage and has that high critical change. Managed to kill one sentinel, then shot the other but it didn't crit so the sentinel didn't die. Now afraid to shoot them without killing them. The other two weapons are my Orthos Prime and Despair. They do high damage, just not 100% kill on first shot all the time.

You're using max Point Strike (and max or near max Vital Sense) right? Because that should crit well over 100% of the time and easily kill any of those drones.