The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Setting To Reduce Fps Lag W/ Snowglobe/chaos?

JoeyZero

Question

So... I always get terrible fps lag when another player uses an ability like snowglobe or chaos.

Like... Unreasonable lag. I drop to 5-8 fps any time one of these abilities is used, when normally I'm running 30-40 fps without much of a problem. It's a real pain in defense missions where these abilities are usually pretty vital to high level play. I usually run windowed 720, and I have tried running with all my graphics on the lowest settings (all the checkboxes unchecked, shadow quality and texture memory both set to low), but it doesn't make much of a difference. Any advice? Is my machine just too underpowered for me to run defense missions, or is there a setting or something that I'm missing?

I'm running an AMD A8-3870 (3.0GHz x4) with 8GB RAM and an AMD HD7770.

5 answers to this question

I would say it's time to upgrade unfortunately, not really any magic buttons that's going to fix outdated hardware i'm afraid.

Any ideas where the bottlneck is? I'm not against upgrading, but I doubt I'd buy a new rig over it. Also, I'm wondering how people with much less powerful machines are able to run the game without seeing such severe drops in fps, so if I have to run it on lower end hardware to get better performance, I will.

Your machine is much much better than the one I own but I never encountered lag when those skills are cast. Have you tried playing in lower res?

What res are you running warframe in? Also, what are your specs, if you don't mind my asking? ^_^

Any ideas where the bottlneck is? I'm not against upgrading, but I doubt I'd buy a new rig over it. Also, I'm wondering how people with much less powerful machines are able to run the game without seeing such severe drops in fps, so if I have to run it on lower end hardware to get better performance, I will.

What res are you running warframe in? Also, what are your specs, if you don't mind my asking? ^_^

Edit : Your GPU is bottlenecked i guess.

My specs : 

Core2Duo E7200 2.53 Ghz 

4GB RAM

AMD 4670 HD *Overclocked

WinXP SP3

All on low settings,  DOF/Motion Blur is on. Running in 1360x768.

Edited by Scherhardt