Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Non Hitscan Beam Guns (Buff! Buff!)

Ritchel

Hello, energy weapon is slow and some of it isnt that reliable to use, hitscan always wins

(e.g. dera , supra , tetra, cestras etc.) it needs something unique

LET ME ASK YOU. have you ever been havin fun with your supra or dera? no you dont.

if you are.....

AAAAAAAAAANDD then suddenly a guy with a hitscan weapon just KILLED all MOBS while your beam weapon is just still travelling towards the enemy but it just hits the dead corpses that had been already killed by that guy's hitscan weapon?

More importantly, have you seen ANYONE using a supra or dera on your high lvl runs? you know why you dont see people using it? i think you already know why. 

I have this idea to make you fulfill your dreams to become a non hitscan weapon hero. 

Energy weapon SHOULD HAVE its own element

(plasma: takes the base elemental mod attached to the weapon and multiply it by 2, adds +40 on base status: / 

regardless of weapon element: all enemies will recieve shock proc chance when hit - chance dependent on weapon's overall status %) 

with a very high chance for it to shock enemies, shooting with slow velocity non hitscan projectiles will be easier since mobs are shocked and easy to hit!! not to mention HIGH LEVEL USABILITY

what do you think?

Edited by Ritchel

Weapons with projectiles/travel speed could totally use a mod to increase the speed of projectiles as well as maybe extra damage to make up for the fact you're using a mod slot SPECIFICALLY to speed up the gun so you're sacrificing the ability to do a Grineer Ton of damage. Make the RoF mods increase projectile speed as well (for guns it applies to), and it would be less needing of a damage bonus since you'd get the RoF increase. On hitscan, a RoF mod just increases RoF, but on a projectile, Faster RoF and Projectile.

Or yes, making projectiles do something extra would be nice too.

Anything really would be better than how derpy the Supra (and most other projectile weapons) is right now.

Weapons with projectiles/travel speed could totally use a mod to increase the speed of projectiles as well as maybe extra damage to make up for the fact you're using a mod slot SPECIFICALLY to speed up the gun so you're sacrificing the ability to do a Grineer Ton of damage.

225px-TerminalVelocity.png

but yeah, sacrificing a slot just to make a non hitscan much like a hitscan but the fact that it still non hitscan seems eh

what we really need is something different that hitscan weapon doesnt offer like tons of proc :D :D

but yeah, sacrificing a slot just to make a non hitscan much like a hitscan but the fact that it still non hitscan seems eh

what we really need is something different that hitscan weapon doesnt offer like tons of proc :D :D

Don't forget Jetstream. Zephyr's become my go to 'and now, plasma/arrows everywhere' frame since it came out.

Oh, is that what that does? Huh. I don't think I have that mod. But yes, it does suck that it requires you to give up a mod slot to get it. At least if it was combined with the RoF mod, it would be useful, if not always the best option.

Still, only 60% is the best you can do? Geez, at least 100% should be the minimum. Supra rounds are super slow. In fact, I'd be better off mailing Salad V the supra, with the trigger taped down, and by the time it got to him, it would have wound up so it would shoot him in the face.

EDIT: I never knew about this mod because it hasn't dropped for me yet. Probably because you can only get it from those two mini-bosses from that one mission where you go from the Void to another planet, and then back into the Void. Probably Sabotague Void missions. Never play those since I have so few keys for it. No wonder.

That's even worst, considering your average player won't really happen upon this mod that is REALLY sort of necessary for the super-slow projectile weapons like the Supra.

Edited by Salenstormwing

have you ever been havin fun with your supra or dera? no you dont.

have you seen ANYONE using a supra or dera on your high lvl runs? you know why you dont see people using it?

high Chance for Electric Status

- please don't make drastic presumptions. if you don't like non RayTrace Weapons, there's a huge number of them that aren't.

- that's more because the Weapons statistically are just not good. there's a lot of other Weapons, RayTrace or not, that you also don't see. because they're just overall rather garbage.

- ehh, i'm not really sure that fits thematically. i think i'd rather making non RayTrace Weapons more of skill based Weapons - being highly effective, as long as you can put shots on target.

above average Damage, above average Status, faster Reload times, possibly even more Ammunition. the trade off being they require more Marksmanship to use. higher skill ceiling, and rewarding you for matching that higher skill ceiling.