The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering :(

AcceI

Are you saying that you dont need to go fast? what?

They dont need to do that, from the video, the guy its using a Tipedo too, and other melees to do coptering.

Its not because the people dont know how to do, they dont need to do it, just rolfcopter for all the map, ignoring all the things, making the game a fast paced game (is not) ignoring exploration etc (i dont say parkour its going to solve it but, really slow that things yes).

They dont need to do that, from the video, the guy its using a Tipedo too, and other melees to do coptering.

Its not because the people dont know how to do, they dont need to do it, just rolfcopter for all the map, ignoring all the things, making the game a fast paced game (is not) ignoring exploration etc (i dont say parkour its going to solve it but, really slow that things yes).

Nobody in those videos are using a tipedo. Yes I do go as fast as I can through missions because I know every single detail of the current tilesets, I know where all the secrets are and I have done exploring on all the tileset.

I enjoy being the fastest I can possibly be and that is how I play.

you got a problem with that?

Nobody in those videos are using a tipedo. Yes I do go as fast as I can through missions because I know every single detail of the current tilesets, I know where all the secrets are and I have done exploring on all the tileset.

I enjoy being the fastest I can possibly be and that is how I play.

you got a problem with that?

Yes, you know, but not all knows it, yes i have a problem with that.

I have a problem being forced to dont explore the map because someone using his melee finish the mission in less that 3 minutes doing rolfcopter (i dont have a problem with parkour, because i can do it as fast as someone can, using speed mods and stamina mods) but yes, i have a problem.

I have a problem on how the movement is lowered on base your melee, yes...  definitely i have a problem.

Thanks to Lotus, it is going to be Nerfed.

EDIT1: If u want to be see why is still a problem, and how/why is a problem, check my profile and my related topics.

Edited by Grimlock-

Yes, you know, but not all knows it, yes i have a problem with that.

I have a problem being forced to dont explore the map because someone using his melee finish the mission in less that 3 minutes doing rolfcopter (i dont have a problem with parkour, because i can do it as fast as someone can, using speed mods and stamina mods) but yes, i have a problem.

I have a problem on how the movement is lowered on base your melee, yes...  definitely i have a problem.

Thanks to Lotus, it is going to be Nerfed.

then play solo or dont play at all

A huge part of the community plays this game to go fast, if you dont well too bad for you, play solo.

and even if its nerfed, Ill still be faster than you.

Edited by evil_m3nace

Frankly, I'd like to see most of the speed boost of coptering go away. Keep just enough that it gives sort of a quick lunge attack, a gap closer. Then improve the sprinting, jumping and parkour to make up for the lost speed from coptering. Sprinting should be the natural way to get around, and it should be fast, for all frames. As in, fast enough that you won't miss coptering. Introduce charge jumps so you can prepare to make a bigger jump (I think they already plan on doing this). Let's say, you just hold jump, you jump higher. You hold sprint and jump, you jump a little higher and way farther to get across gaps. Wall-running and such fills in when you need to climb to harder to reach places or cross gaps too big to jump, and can help you get around faster but without being such a significant speed boost that a new player simply sprinting can't hope to keep up. Hopefully the new wall-running and parkour feels really intuitive so there isn't much need to explain it.

It feels really awkward as it is now, introducing a new player to how this game works and telling them their fastest way to get around is by doing a silly spin attack in the air.

You have nothing to worry about. DE said themselves that their main goal of parcour 2.0 is to make the movement system, that we've gotten so used to, more reliable.

Parkour 2.0
· 'Coptering' will be affected by our movement overhaul, as will slide jump and wall running.
· Stamina system is also going to be updated in this overhaul.
· Parkour 2.0 will also affect Conclave, and our PvP team will be keeping these adjustments in mind when the time comes.
· Our main goal is to reign in abilities that players have come to rely upon, and make them more reliable to use.

Source: https://warframe.com/news/devstream-50-overview

Yes, 'coptering' as well as other manoeuvres are going to be 'affected'. So lets not jump ahead and assume that 'affected' means 'nerfed'.

Man, look at all these experts who know how to define features better than the developers. I'm impressed. Truly.

Coptering is under the knife with movement 2.0. Everyone just shut the hell up about it until we get our hands on a finished product. All that there is to be done is speculating and complaining. I wouldn't be saying that if this were in the feedback section, but as it is not, there is no discussion to be had that won't result in moot points.

You have nothing to worry about. DE said themselves that their main goal of parcour 2.0 is to make the movement system, that we've gotten so used to, more reliable.

Source: https://warframe.com/news/devstream-50-overview

Yes, 'coptering' as well as other manoeuvres are going to be 'affected'. So lets not jump ahead and assume that 'affected' means 'nerfed'.

Thank you, voice of reason. You're always appreciated.

THIS GAME WAS NOT CREATED TO BE A RACE!!

sorry for the caps but i get pissed off reading all these "I wanna go fast"

If you want to go fast play freaking solo and stop stealing fun from other players who actually want to enjoy the content of the game instead of rushing to the finish of everything.

DE did not create this game wanting everyone to rush as fast as they can, coptering shouldnt have even existed as it is a bug. so all you people relying on coptering and going fast to be good at the game. I laugh at you.

Because its slow boring and generally bugged. the 'actual' parkour cant compete with copter.

How so? How does that change absolutely anything to the comparison I have made?

You consider slow paced movement functional for Warframe? You consider the same old tired and overused type of movement that we have seem in every one of the Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia games functional in a game where that people play for thousands of hours?

That's the way the game was intended to be, like it or not. The only reason they left coptering for so long is because the community had become so attached to it as a fundamental part of Warframe. If you don't like it because it is "slow" and "boring" then maybe this isn't your kind of game. I for one am awaiting the time where I will not have to utilize a physics defying maneuver (that's also hard on my wrist when using frequently) just to keep up with rushing teammates.

On top of this, you don't expect them to compensate the nerf of coptering with something? They could increase the running speed of all Warframes, make sprinting not consume stamina, add a plethora of other advanced maneuvers that aren't the physics defying spins that magically propel us through the air.

Edited by UnworthySeraph

That's the way the game was intended to be, like it or not. The only reason they left coptering for so long is because the community had become so attached to it as a fundamental part of Warframe. If you don't like it because it is "slow" and "boring" then maybe this isn't your kind of game. I for one am awaiting the time where I will not have to utilize a physics defying maneuver (that's also hard on my wrist when using frequently) just to keep up with rushing teammates.

On top of this, you don't expect them to compensate the nerf of coptering with something? They could increase the running speed of all Warframes, make sprinting not consume stamina, add a plethora of other advanced maneuvers that aren't the physics defying spins that magically propel us through the air.

^This

Hahaha you definitly werent there in the beginning, volt was so op we could nuke whole levels, not tilesets, levels. most missions would be <5 minutes long and this was the days without fancy wall running. This whole game lives and survives on speed, if you cant go fast, you either go invisible or you die.

sorry for the caps but i get &!$$ed off reading all these "I wanna go fast"

If you want to go fast play freaking solo and stop stealing fun from other players who actually want to enjoy the content of the game instead of rushing to the finish of everything.

DE did not create this game wanting everyone to rush as fast as they can, coptering shouldnt have even existed as it is a bug. so all you people relying on coptering and going fast to be good at the game. I laugh at you.

''Be good'' pls I dont rely on it to ''be good'' I rely on it to be fast, I fast for fun.

I love fast I will be fast as fast can be, the only time I am pubbing is alerts or to help newbies

you think I want to play with a slow player that plogs along falls down and dies halfway through a mission? 

nope

Hahaha you definitly werent there in the beginning, volt was so op we could nuke whole levels, not tilesets, levels. most missions would be <5 minutes long and this was the days without fancy wall running. This whole game lives and survives on speed, if you cant go fast, you either go invisible or you die.

Or you kill the enemy before he kills you?

I'm having trouble following this logic. So because 1 frame, volt, could speed missions with his power while every other frame could not this means wf before coptor was all about speed?

You seem to take enjoyment in speed which is great np there but maybe wf is speed oriented because its grind oriented(not for you obviously)? I think taking away coptering is perceived the same as taking away viver or draco, it's taking away a farming tool.

Or you kill the enemy before he kills you?

I'm having trouble following this logic. So because 1 frame, volt, could speed missions with his power while every other frame could not this means wf before coptor was all about speed?

You seem to take enjoyment in speed which is great np there but maybe wf is speed oriented because its grind oriented(not for you obviously)? I think taking away coptering is perceived the same as taking away viver or draco, it's taking away a farming tool.

I have grinded my way through the entire game. the only thing that I ever bought was vauban. the rest of my plat went to friends.

also pubs seem to have a hard time killing level 30+ enemies. I just did ODD and I was necros, I was desecrating when I realized that nobody was killing the enemies so I had to do it myself, I walked out dissapointed that I had gotten the most kills by 400 enemies. I wasnt able to desecrate as much as I would have liked so I didnt get my required quota of stuff.

Maybe you should be the one soloing. More people are interested in going fast than those that aren't. And let's be honest, solo benefits more from taking things slow than a party of four.

sorry for the caps but i get &!$$ed off reading all these "I wanna go fast"

Enjoy running solo with Frost I applaud you.

I really like coptering. I allows me to move faster and instead of just dolefully going slow in a map Ive seen hundreds (or sometimes thousands) of times, I feel I can keep my brain engaged by doing something that requires a bit of a skill.

As someone else said, mario can jump stupid high (and can even effect his movement direction in the air), all of it looks silly... But without it, the game would not be as fun. So even if choptering is not 100% realistic, that is irrelevant because its really fun. And if you are after realism, warframe is not the game for you.

Relax. They are working to IMPROVE the game. They aren't trying to break it.

i am sure they thought things like archwing, manics, nullifiers, using up mod slots to make powers actually usable, spy 2.0, and so on and on, were 'improving the game'