The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering :(

AcceI

I think the word "depend" is a little questionable there. It's not a dependency exactly. Some people are just fond of it. And you're missing the point here, I'm not scoping on dual raza here. When I bring fast weapons, I should also be able to slide attack with them.

I dont know how much you play of warframe but its clearly not as long as most of the veterans who have +1000 hours on their accounts. I play with 3 different clans in an alliance of clans that have won the majority of events. most of us have over 1000 hours on our accounts, and all of us play going fast. We do T4c so in under 2 minutes a run that means we can make 100k credits in ten minutes without boosters.

If you like to stealth and be all sneaky like, then co op is clearly not going to work is it. somebody will mess up your stealth and then everything is blown. Clearly for stealth missions you want to go solo right? I applaud you for going slow and stealth like in a game that stealth is basically an on(alert) and off(unalerted).

good for you for going slow. have a cookie

a7bff20e1c.jpg

Edited by evil_m3nace

I dont know how much you play of warframe but its clearly not as long as most of the veterans who have +1000 hours on their accounts. I play with 3 different clans in an alliance of clans that have won the majority of events. most of us have over 1000 hours on our accounts, and all of us play going fast. We do T4c so in under 2 minutes a run that means we can make 100k credits in ten minutes without boosters.

If you like to stealth and be all sneaky like, then co op is clearly not going to work is it. somebody will mess up your stealth and then everything is blown. Clearly for stealth missions you want to go solo right? I applaud you for going slow and stealth like in a game that stealth is basically an on(alert) and off(unalerted).

good for you for going slow. have a cookie

a7bff20e1c.jpg

Well that's pretty provokative of you.

I've invested 800+ hours in the game, so I guess having played 1000+ hours makes things so much different eh? What makes you think that the veterans ALWAYS do that? What makes you think running more efficiently like that make you a better player in this game? Does rushing a second faster mean a lot to you? More hours put into it means faster and efficient games? What are you exactly suggesting with you rushing T4C under 2 minutes and all that? That you are a better player? Hell fking no, you're making this ugly already. Anybody can rush T4C and gain credits, the time that it takes is the least of my business.

What makes you think I'm going all stealthy and slow? I have never said I love going slow. Now you're trying to teach me how co-op works? Is it universally accepted truth that it's the way things go? I just do not like how coptering works as it is now, and doesn't mean I'm not using it at the moment. I'll say again, DON'T SPEAK FOR OTHERS WITHOUT STATISTICS

I'll gladly take that cookie and throw it right back at your face. Shame on you.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

Well that's pretty provokative of you.

I've invested 800+ hours in the game, so I guess having played 1000+ hours makes things so much different eh? What makes you think that the veterans ALWAYS do that? What makes you think running more efficiently like that make you a better player in this game? Rushing a second faster means a lot to you eh? More hours put into it means faster and efficient games? What are you exactly suggesting with you rushing T4C under 2 minutes and all that? That you are a better player? Hell fking no, you're making this ugly already.

What makes you think I'm going all stealthy and slow? I have never said I love going slow. I just do not like how coptering works as it is now, and doesn't mean I'm not using it at the moment.

I saw your stats, its under 800 hours.

I like rushing, I enjoy speed. If you dont like speed good for you. I love flying, I love this game for allowing me to go fast and the flick of a wrist and the press of a button. I have volt prime maxed out with 3 formas for speed on top of copter. 

If you think rushing is a bad thing, a game about RNG rewards at the end of matches is probably not for you. I rush missions I dont like to get rewards I do like.

Haha nice one.

You still haven't accepted my friend request.

Edited by evil_m3nace

I saw your stats, its under 800 hours.

I like rushing, I enjoy speed. If you dont like speed good for you. I love flying, I love this game for allowign me to go fast and the flcik of a wrist and the press of a button. I have volt prime maxed out with 3 formas for speed on top of copter. 

If you think rushing is a bad thing, a game about RNG rewards at the end of matches is probably not for you. I rush missions I dont like to get rewards I do like.

Yeah, because the amount of hours played matter so much here.

Man, if only did I play 300 more hours in gameplay I would actually be elligible for this discussion. so sad. wow

Don't even know why that should matter in this discussion LOL

I guess you categorize veterans as only the players with 1000+ hours in gameplay. It's just subjective matter.

It's your opinion that you like rushing and you cannot simply say majority of players like to do that because  you've been playing with people like that. I personally do rush things myself. I do use coptering from time to time.

I'm not even saying It's a bad thing. When did I even say that? All I said was I think coptering looks silly and don't like how it works. 

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

Yeah, because the amount of hours played matter so much to you. wow

Don't even know why that should matter in this discussion LOL

It's your opinion that you like rushing and you cannot simply say majority of players like to do that because  you've been playing with people like that. I personally do rush things myself. I do use coptering from time to time.

I'm not even saying It's a bad thing. When did I even say that? All I said was I think coptering looks silly and don't like how it works. 

annnnd I was going to show a poll, but now since you insist that people hate going fast, I cant be bothered.

good evening.

I dont accept anyone on my circle of friends.

Less people who I do not know

are you using google translate?

annnnd I was going to show a poll, but now since you insist that people hate going fast, I cant be bothered.

good evening.

Way to interpret my words here. It seems you assume things a lot, I didn't even say people hate going fast. Where did that even come from? You really confuse me there with your assumptions about my thoughts. I'm saying you can't speak for others with such claims. I'm not trying to do that either. Your perception is really polarized on this issue. It's not cut out white and black here. I hope you understand what I mean.

The polls won't even hold true if it was done on forums because it's selected playerbase that visit forums. Polls are not formally done that way, and if it really is the case, that can't be a statistics.

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

DE clearly tried to make coptering their version of skiing in Tribes or bunny-hopping in Quake.

They forgot that neither Tribes nor Quake had Warframe's version of parkour.

But yeah, we can all expect a huge hit to coptering with parkour 2.0. I'm expecting missions to take 2-3 times longer to complete.

I dont really copter so makes no difference to me, really would like some better parkour as i enjoy using it and its how i keep up using rhino. Ive gotten rather good at it and can get to some places people wouldnt think rhino could....but he can

Edited by Echoa

DE clearly tried to make coptering their version of skiing in Tribes or bunny-hopping in Quake.

They forgot that neither Tribes nor Quake had Warframe's version of parkour.

But yeah, we can all expect a huge hit to coptering with parkour 2.0. I'm expecting missions to take 2-3 times longer to complete.

I won't be the only one who will say "RIP Warframe", if missions take significantly more time and movement slows down to running speed.

I dont really copter so makes no difference to me, really would like some better parkour as i enjoy using it and its how i keep up using rhino. Ive gotten rather good at it and can get to some places people wouldnt think rhino could....but he can

If people want to parkour their way from point A to B, fine. have at it. When 2.0 comes out, have a ball.

Me? I dont care about it.

Why do I have to be forced to move the exact way DE wants with this "artistic vision" bs?

I want to copter. I will always want to copter. Coptering is one of the best gems found in warframe.

E-gate don't even have the honor of kissing coptering feet.

We'll still be able to copter, I suppose. DE saw what it was and decided not to take that away, and they explicitly said that in the devstream.

It just probably won't be literally the LITERALLY MOST EFFECTIVE way to go from point A to point B, ya know? Like you'll be able to do it as like a room-clearing move, where you sling through a door and pull the rug right out from under a bunch of enemies, but it won't fling you across a room in one second with only a few weapons and therefore make everything but the Dual Ichor unviable.

If people want to parkour their way from point A to B, fine. have at it. When 2.0 comes out, have a ball.

Me? I dont care about it.

Why do I have to be forced to move the exact way DE wants with this "artistic vision" bs?

I want to copter. I will always want to copter. Coptering is one of the best gems found in warframe.

E-gate don't even have the honor of kissing coptering feet.

dont recall saying you should be forced to not copter xP just saying even if it got removed (which it wont people are jumping to conclusions) it wouldnt make a difference to me personally. Parkour has needed a 2.0 for a while, its cool but limited atm and id like to see it fleshed out more.

copter will get nerfed to hell, DE will add a faster run and a broken stamina system again. Community will suffer, DE will re-implement a less broken stamina system and a buff to copter which will will still make movement 40% as fun as the current system. Sheldon will end it by laughing on the next Prime time, about how the movement system sucks, will be become a community saying AND the community will become more salty.

copter will get nerfed to hell, DE will add a faster run and a broken stamina system again. Community will suffer, DE will re-implement a less broken stamina system and a buff to copter which will will still make movement 40% as fun as the current system. Sheldon will end it by laughing on the next Prime time, about how the movement system sucks, will be become a community saying AND the community will become more salty.

Sounds about right, would fit well with the 'year of quality' stuff we have had so far in 2015...